Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" (35846 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by benjackugo: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2021
Former Director-General of Bureau of Public Sector Reform, Dr Joe Abah has advised young Nigerans to leave the country if they have an opportunity to do so, IgbereTV reports.

In tweets he shared, Abah recounted seeing a clear path on how he could own a car, buy a house and build a career when he arrived the UK but couldn't see such in Nigeria. He also advised those who want to return to Nigeria, to do so by choice.

He tweeted;

"Moving abroad the 1st time, I didn’t watch any in-flight movie. My eyes were firmly on the flight display. As soon as we left Nigeria, I made the sign of the Cross. When we left Africa, I whispered “Alleluia! If this plane does emergency landing now, it won’t be in Africa sha!"

It’s true that when I got to the UK for the first time, I thought “Is this all?” However, I could see a clear path to how I could own a car, buy a house and build a career. I couldn’t see that path as a young man in Nigeria. I still don’t see it for many young Nigerians now.

In your youth, you should japa if you want to and have an opportunity to do so. Get the basics, like a car, a house, a 90-inch TV and a bad bad sound system. Build your CV there & show them you are a determined Naija person. If, later, you want to come back, it’ll be by choice."
https://twitter.com/DrJoeAbah/status/1345696052658249728?s=19

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:31am On Jan 04, 2021
Mtcheew!
And to think that this man was a former Government employee,
These are the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,
No wonder they loot all monies and invest abroad since they never get to see hope in their fatherland.

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Aksnoopy: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2021
This Twitter mad man!
He speaks from both side of his mouth.
Stupid political jobber.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Righteousness2(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2021
Not Everyone has a Destiny outside the Countey.
Not Everyone outside the country is doing great.
Many there are Living on the people home.

Seek the Face of GOD to know where your Package is. Else you travel out and the Hawker at Home is better than you are..

102 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Racoon(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2021
The demoralization of young people with this nation and tendency to leave became heightened with the coming of the present clueless but wicked government.Never have the rate of suicide became this alarming in the annals of this nation.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by ijaw1stson: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2021
Wow

In fact I'm going to follow this man on twitter asap.

This country has no plan for the youths. That's the hard truth.

97 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by CSTRR: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
I won't be surprised if more people are doing IELTS nowadays than NECO.

220 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Perfecttouchade: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yes o

2 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Zane2point4(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Na waooo
The worst is that only eastern and western ppl dey make move.
Northern ppl still deh comfortable with this country.
See as everyone is trying to leave,why cant we change the clueless govt instead,blc of tribalism he choose the set of worst people in sensitive position,what do you expect?

Next election you'll still merge and vote for same wicked men blc y'all have the numbers,are you seeing the results?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by LuQuLuQu(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
All I know is that this year sure for me to japa... Buhari, Liar, Adeshina can't stop me. Even Vulturegrills can't stop me

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by FreshMade02: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Best thing anyone can do to his or herself

Nigeria no be am atall

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Taywon: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
No be you go tell us...

4 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by dyera(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
I would rather live as a first class citizen in Nigeria than to go and live as a second class citizen in another country.

Is what I would love to say but, the bitter truth is that here in Nigeria, only Fulani terrorist, Fulani herdsmen and their cows are first class citizens, the rest of Nigerians are second class citizens.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by olisaEze(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
Don’t let the people above me deceive you o, who no go no know.
A visit will reset their mentality.
If u can japa my guy nor waste time, take off! Your future will thank you later.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Foolishmasses: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
Whoever tells a tortoise to go wash his hand at the stream before eating isn't ready to give tortoise food.

Whoever criticizes this man isn't ready for self development. Nigeria has NO hope...it is that simple. Jaapa when you can

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Mindlog: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sadly true. Already left.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by datola: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
In your youth, you should japa if you want to and have an opportunity to do so. Get the basics, like a car, a house, a 90-inch TV and a bad bad sound system. Build your CV there & show them you are a determined Naija person. If, later, you want to come back, it’ll be by choice

Mere men thinking.

It's okay if that's what you came to the earth to do.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Itohanmiwa: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2021
grin
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Mekudi: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Many destiny have been wasted in this country due to bad leadership, travel out of this shit-hole if you can

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Kingrefreshed: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!
These are the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,
No wonder they loot all monies and invest abroad since they never get to see hope in their fatherland.

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?

Just Shut the FVCK UP!!!!

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Debra911(f): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!

This is Nigeria, you'll get old hoping for such change.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by aljharem(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
He is right. With Buhari government, there is no hope for the youth.

APC una do well o cry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by joelag: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
The truth they say is always bitter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Frankyboy1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
OK o
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by godwinstringed1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
angry
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by KanuSE: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Visa free to Libya, Syria and Iraq; PM me if you're interested.

God bless..
cool
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Tumbulum: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Plain truth

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1st Class Graduate, FULAA Alumni, Others Die In Car Crash / Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations / Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.