Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" (35843 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by livinbygrace: 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!
And to think that this man was a former Government employee,
These are the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,
No wonder they loot all monies and invest abroad since they never get to see hope in their fatherland.

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?

The man has said nothing but the truth and how i wish I listened to such advise 20 years ago,but we still give glory to God.
As I have always been saying,if you are not from a rich or well connected family and you hope to go to University in Nigeria,I Sorry for you.Its better you go learn skill,trade ,handwork or business and when you are well established go back to school or travel out of this country.
So many destinies have been wasted by schooling in this Nigeria,hoping to get a white collar job.
A word is enough for the wise!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by enomakos(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
plain truth
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Nato008(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
datola:
In your youth, you should japa if you want to and have an opportunity to do so. Get the basics, like a car, a house, a 90-inch TV and a bad bad sound system. Build your CV there & show them you are a determined Naija person. If, later, you want to come back, it’ll be by choice

Mere men thinking.

It's okay if that's what you came to the earth to do.
what else did u come to earth to do....??

2 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by tfelicityk(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Even the young and old are leaving Nigeria already..

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by humilitypays(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!
These are the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,
No wonder they loot all monies and invest abroad since they never get to see hope in their fatherland.

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?
What if I say may your life be as developed as Rwanda and Ghana, would you say a big AMEN cheesy

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by joelag: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
My prayers is for me to celebrate next Xmas in Europe. AMEN!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Debra911(f): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
onyechez:

Exactly, I remember my friend telling me during senior high school that Nigeria wouldn't be better in 100 years to come, I thought he was telling lies, fast forward now man go soon marry and get kids Nigeria never still better.
Wahala for Nigeria no dey end. From one problem to another, so how many can we solve? E better Mk u Japa to a place where your labour will be appreciated, not working from morning to night and your pay at month will be 100k or below 100k self.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
[s]Mtcheew!

If Rwandans and Ghanaians had this same mentality would they be as developed as they currently are?[/s]
an example of the sad witches and wizards roaming about in this country, give it an opportunity to travel out and it'll take off as fast as possible. Wicked entity cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by learner007(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
Not Everyone has a Destiny outside the Countey.
Not Everyone outside the country is doing great.
Many there are Living on the people home.

Seek the Face of GOD to know where your Package is. Else you travel out and the Hawker at Home is better than you are..

It is high time you tamed this desperate urge, of yours, to always read to reply, instead of to read to understand. He said, "if you want to and have the opportunity to do so". Moreso, he didn't say to burn the bridge, he gave an option to come back. To build a CV and career abroad is not by illegal means. Whether your 'holier than thou spirit' has revealed this to you or not is not our concern, but the fact remains that international exposure doesn't hurt so much. You can't count 10 top CEOs and MDs in Nigeria who didn't have an international exposure. Don't ONLY stick to the Bible alone, read other books too. That way you will make more sense, both here and in heaven, and that we are going to heaven doesn't mean we should be foolish and irrelevant on earth. Shalom!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Grace001: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
Them no dey tell person. Let those that want to stay behind and build Nigeria stay be forming fake patriot and let those that want to japa go in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by humilitypays(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
ensamy:
Even at old age we would still leave. Mamman Daura, Aisha Buhari all have left and no one knows when they will be back shocked shocked shocked
even Buhari the President ran away from Nigeria before they used protest noise at Nigerian house in the UK to chase him back to Nigeria, u can imagine cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by pacespot(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
humilitypays:
All those fools discouraging other Nigerians from migrating abroad are MAD people!

The last time I checked, Nigeria's first lady Aisha Buhari and her children have been out of Nigeria for over 5 months now.

Tinubu's children mostly live abroad and only come back to Nigeria to milk the cow their father kept in the name of Lagos state.

Saraki children all live abroad.

Osinbajo's children are abroad.

Atiku Abubakar's children are abroad.

Almost all Nigerian senators, Governors and Ministers' children are all living abroad including popular Lagos agbero MC Oluomo's children, you can imagine that yet some fools keep telling unemployed, jobless Nigerians in Nigeria not to relocate but wait and die hungry, dejected in Nigeria, na Amadioha joined with Sango go fire all of una for there!

Please dear Nigerian youths, if you are not earning up to 250,000naira monthly income as a single person or 400,000naira as a married person, please if you see any legal opportunity to leave Nigeria to a better nation like Canada, US, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Korea, etc, please leave asap!!!

Nigeria and all West African or black nations can only get worst by the day, it is their destiny.

You can only work for your personal and family breakthrough, it is the saddest truth about black nations.

Which black nation on earth is doing well to give you hope that Nigeria will be better someday None!

Go and check, black nations with less than 5million population and massive crude oil resources are struggling to exist, take Gabon and Equatorial Guinea for example. But take a look at Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, etc that have the same crude oil these small black African nations have, check their level of development and compare.

Black Africans blame European Colonial Masters for their failure to develop their nations, but they forgot that Hong Kong was also colonised by Britain. What about Singapore, Canada that was shared between Britain, France and Belgium

Black Africans are shameless people. It hurts me a lot that I am one of them because I know I was designed to be a pure Caucasian but mistakenly landed in Nigeria angry

How can someone like Buhari be my President and someone like Liar Mohammed be my Minister of Information, how

Just take a look at the crop of individuals representing smart Nigerians as government officials making critical policies that decide the fate and future of over 200million people Are they supposed to even head their various family meetings in a sane nation to talk of becoming federal government officials angry

It is the sad truth. Black Africans are not yet civilized, it is better they accept this reality or they get consumed by their own thoughts of living in fool paradise. Education does not make one civilized, there is a huge gap between being educated and being civilized. Civilization means the acceptability of a group of humans of being equal to each other and working together to achieve a common destiny. It is a simple definition that has deep underlying meanings behind it, most of which are missing in Africa today. if you take western civilization out of Africa, the continent will still be living in stone age as at now or iron age at most. Even to copy and replicate other people's successes is a difficult task for Africans sad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Believer79: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

Seek the Face of GOD to know where your Package is. Else you travel out and the Hawker at Home is better than you are..
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Hypemanshuga: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!
[ ab]Thesere the kind of people still getting employment opportunities in government,[/b]

have you ever wondered why top shot politicains children don't school in NIGERIA?

I leave you to that question

3 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by extol1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
LuQuLuQu:
All I know is that this year sure for me to japa... Buhari, Liar, Adeshina can't stop me. Even Vulturegrills can't stop me
how can I locate you so that we can japa together
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Sluacoast(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

Don't change the narrative. if you know that your current state in the county is okay, please don't leave than you ranting these gibberish

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by LuQuLuQu(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
extol1:

how can I locate you so that we can japa together
Come to my coven. After our midnight meeting. We talk. But don't come if you can't keep your mouth shut
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Kokaine(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
Debra911:

This is Nigeria, you'll get old hoping for such change.
what other countries can someone go
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Poloyanabo2(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hypemanshuga:
have you ever wondered why top shot politicains children don't school in NIGERIA?

I leave you to that question
And that brings you back to my post,
We are being governed by people who do not have the interests of Nigeria at heart including this man.
That's why we are where we are as a Nation.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by samuelpeters(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
humilitypays:
All those fools discouraging other Nigerians from migrating abroad are MAD people!

The last time I checked, Nigeria's first lady Aisha Buhari and her children have been out of Nigeria for over 5 months now.

Tinubu's children mostly live abroad and only come back to Nigeria to milk the cow their father kept in the name of Lagos state.

Saraki children all live abroad.

Osinbajo's children are abroad.

Atiku Abubakar's children are abroad.

Almost all Nigerian senators, Governors and Ministers' children are all living abroad including popular Lagos agbero MC Oluomo's children, you can imagine that yet some fools keep telling unemployed, jobless Nigerians in Nigeria not to relocate but wait and die hungry, dejected in Nigeria, na Amadioha joined with Sango go fire all of una for there!

Please dear Nigerian youths, if you are not earning up to 250,000naira monthly income as a single person or 400,000naira as a married person, please if you see any legal opportunity to leave Nigeria to a better nation like Canada, US, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Korea, etc, please leave asap!!!

Nigeria and all West African or black nations can only get worst by the day, it is their destiny.

You can only work for your personal and family breakthrough, it is the saddest truth about black nations.

Which black nation on earth is doing well to give you hope that Nigeria will be better someday None!

Go and check, black nations with less than 5million population and massive crude oil resources are struggling to exist, take Gabon and Equatorial Guinea for example. But take a look at Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, etc that have the same crude oil these small black African nations have, check their level of development and compare.

Black Africans blame European Colonial Masters for their failure to develop their nations, but they forgot that Hong Kong was also colonised by Britain. What about Singapore, Canada that was shared between Britain, France and Belgium

Black Africans are shameless people. It hurts me a lot that I am one of them because I know I was designed to be a pure Caucasian but mistakenly landed in Nigeria angry

How can someone like Buhari be my President and someone like Liar Mohammed be my Minister of Information, how

Just take a look at the crop of individuals representing smart Nigerians as government officials making critical policies that decide the fate and future of over 200million people Are they supposed to even head their various family meetings in a sane nation to talk of becoming federal government officials angry
How I fit like this post 10000 times!

Wetin you talk almost bring tears for my eyes.

I had a conversation with a friend on new year day, and I asked him " is the black skin cursed?"
Because this is more than an African thing. Haiti and Jamaica are not in Africa.

To think Nigeria is the most successful black nation on Earth is very funny.

In all Sha, Heaven and Earth know, including my village people and ancestors, whether my destiny de naija or abroad, I MUST JAKPA!!!

©️2021.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!

By what metrics?
Aside constant electricity, Ghana can't even boast of the economic opportunities in Lagos alone.
I can't believe you put Rwanda in the same sentence as Nigeria, shocked
What Rwanda president is doing with the media is to attract foreigners into the country and it's working well but that's not to say, it's developed as Nigeria.
Nigeria has been brought to ruin by greedy politicians & tribal/ ethnic jingoistics but she is still way better than those two countries combined in terms of economic opportunities and human resources.

1 Like

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by lexy2014: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!

Can u kindly negate anything he has said with facts? Ur write up hasn't done that in any way
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by lekki1444: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
And if abroad was so great why did he return to naija to enter politics ?
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Debra911(f): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kokaine:
what other countries can someone go
I really don't know cos I'm still within naija. You can Mk ur research. Any country that values labor, where labor<income or labor=Income.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by CSTRR: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Frustrated007: 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
planning my exit.. undecided
Make I gather enough $$ first.
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by KanuSE: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
FinallyFamous:
which of the countries do you live in presently??

I'm a travel agent at AJALA TRAVELS ✈️
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by Frustrated007: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
used to hold this view..not anymore tho. undecided
I'm leaving!
Make my $$ complete first
dyera:
I would rather live as a first class citizen in Nigeria than to go and live as a second class citizen in another country.

Is what I would love to say but, the bitter truth is that here in Nigeria, only Fulani terrorist, Fulani herdsmen and their cows are first class citizens, the rest of Nigerians are second class citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by SAMBARRY: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
KanuSE:
Visa free to Libya, Syria and Iraq; PM me if you're interested.

God bless..
cool
human trafficker looking for who you will deceive and sell to Arabians for sex slavery and domestic slave.God punish you
Re: Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" by CSTRR: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Mtcheew!

Is Ghana developed?
More peaceful maybe but far from development.

We are talking about better countries, you are calling Ghana and Rwanda.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations / 1st Class Graduate, FULAA Alumni, Others Die In Car Crash / Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.