Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada (41389 Views)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by naijamerican: 4:51am On Jan 05, 2021
Canada is trash
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2021
planetx:
There is no where in the world where there is equal opportunities for everyone. Where no one cares for your skin color? She is delusional to think so.
Yeah true, she should go listen to Thomas Sowell an economists from the USA on YouTube, that man opened my eyes in what's going on in the USA and other western countries.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Angelacruz: 5:39am On Jan 05, 2021
Following
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by mosdii(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2021
Interesting and good info.
Are you a fan of Segun Babatunde aka Mode 9?
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ehinmowo: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2021
lakesider:
Lol..... Slavery is alive and thriving

in 1772 when the issue of slavery was being discussed in American Congress, one of the views of those that supported slavery was that the slaves in America are living much better life than the freeborns in Africa.

That was true then and still true now. Street cleaner over their lives a much better life than a professor here.

So while you are looking at those trying to defile the odds and some demeaning jobs as been enslaved, ask yourself, are you living as a freeborn here?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by obembet(f): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2021
mulero23:
I have a friend in Canada looking for a good lady for marriage. Hope you wont just change after you get to Canada? That is the fear of guys!

Trust me now...I won't disappoint u

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2021
obembet:

Trust me now...I won't disappoint u
The hustle is real grin
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Flamemignon1(m): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
The way you people advertise Canada is so so overrated!! been to Quebec where everyone speaks French it's so fvcked up! language barriers, bad weather, quiet neighborhood... Mississauga, very expensive, unfriendly folks, strict laws etc.. they really need educated and skilled immigrants is that country!

Please quit the hype!!!! USA over Canada anytime any day!
At least, it's far better than this hell hole you call home
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by macrodata(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2021
ednut1:
This one wey every one wan turn blogger so. Make una talk wetin una dey find gan gan. (na husband))) Nigerian food yapa here. Things like cowleg, shaki, fuku, liver, gizzard and co dey. Every day pepper soup grin grin
They'll never tell you how lonely and depressed they are in abroad. You'll hardly hear how they MSc holders are scrubing dead bodies & washing plates to feed till they can find a better job. Nobody talks about how they squat like pigeons & hang out in parks or sleep in the streets.

No!

All you see is blogging to promote another man's land & demonize their father's house. The only thing I fancy about northern people abroad is that you won't see them or hear them in abroad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Joshmuch: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
The way you people advertise Canada is so so overrated!! been to Quebec where everyone speaks French it's so fvcked up! language barriers, bad weather, quiet neighborhood... Mississauga, very expensive, unfriendly folks, strict laws etc.. they really need educated and skilled immigrants is that country!

Let's swap!!!
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by chewwie(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:

Quebec is part of French-Canada so they speak French, the weather is abysmal, cost of living is high, no freedom of speech. Yes, USA over Canada.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by lexy2014: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2021
shogz89:
state the cost of data in canada....

I don't no. I was hoping u were going to tell us based on this comment u made:

"which internet is affordable,, do you know how much for telecom bills..."

So help us out with how data in Canada compares with nigeria
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by imagrg(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2021
You and I made the country look like a zoo because we are the animals who messed up this habitation.
Unless we change our mindset, we would keep running away from ourselves.
Think what you can do for Nigeria and not what the country can do for you. Development begins when we do something positive for the country. Let's stop these negative vibes about our leaders and the country.
Let's stop blaming our leaders alone. We too share in the blame!
NwaNimo1:
Any western country is better than the zoological republic of naijeria.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by omotomki: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2021
Living abroad and living in naija are two different things. Both have pros and cons. I will say life abroad is not really what people thinks .IT depends on individual, to somebody earning 20k in naija,it's paradise to clean shops abroad.if you can get a good job abroad, life may be a little ok.but the stress is much, lots of people are depressed abroad ,you have got lots of things to worry about.worry about paying bills monthly, worry about trying to keep your job etc .But most of this countries prefer their own citizens than foreigners and we don't expect them to make foreigners rule them in their companies. So it's really hard for foreigners to get some position, it's possible anyway.so if you come abroad illegally , that is when you will know naija has advantages too lol

macrodata:
They'll never tell you how lonely and depressed they are in abroad. You'll hardly hear how they MSc holders are scrubing dead bodies & washing plates to feed till they can find a better job. Nobody talks about how they squat like pigeons & hang out in parks or sleep in the streets.

No!

All you see is blogging to promote another man's land & demonize their father's house. The only thing I fancy about northern people abroad is that you won't see them or hear them in abroad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by imagrg(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2021
Mental slavery comes before physically enslaving yourselves.

NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

LET'S BRING UP CREATIVE IDEAS TO MOVE THE COUNTRY FORWARD...WE DESTROYED IT....SO, LET'S TOGETHER, MEND IT.

#STOP THESE NEGATIVE VIBES ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY.

GO BACK TO THE COUNTRYSIDE AND FARM. WE DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED LAZY YOUTHS NO MORE!
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

It is the Nigerian carpenters, plumbers, electricians, nurses, money oriented doctors, sex for marks lecturers, indisciplined nigerians, etc that makes nigeria a shit hole - president can only do so much...
why is the president there in the first place?

To be an enforcer of the law, instead rewarding deviant corrupt behavior, he is supposed to punish such to serve as an example and detterent.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
why is the president there in the first place?

To be an enforcer of the law, instead rewarding deviant corrupt behavior, he is supposed to punish such to serve as an example and detterent.

no the police and courts are the enforcers of law; even if you have a wonderful president, there is no way he or she can stop a judge or police officer from sleeping all day and not working.

Nigerians have an over expectation from their president.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

no the police and courts are the enforcers of law; even if you have a wonderful president, there is no way he or she can stop a judge or police officer from sleeping all day and not working.

Nigerians have an over expectation from their president.

my broda this "enforcement of the law" as simple/trivial as it sounds is the reason why countries like Canada has developed to a certain standard upto the extent that Nigerians are trooping there enmasse in search of greener pastures and a better living condition despite the unfamiliar cold harsh weather condition.

If wrongdoings and misdemeanors continue to be covered up, the country will just keep retrogressing
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Ofemmanu1: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:

That Mississauga, they can kill you just for peeing on the street.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by iv2000: 10:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Modo9, You're sounding more realistic now than previously! Thanks for waking up to realities.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

my broda this "enforcement of the law" as simple/trivial as it sounds is the reason why countries like Canada has developed to a certain standard upto the extent that Nigerians are trooping there enmasse in search of greener pastures and a better living condition despite the unfamiliar cold harsh weather condition.

If wrongdoings and misdemeanors continue to be covered up, the country will just keep retrogressing

I 100% agree with you. But it has to do with the inhabitants of the land and their culture. The average Nigerian is a selfish wicked criminally minded person.... not so in Canada - over there people care for each other (though they are poor) a d they don't try to use their neighbour for ritual etc.....

I agree - Nigerian culture is too damn relaxed and lots of things are swept under the carpet. The system is carefree, casual and unserious.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2021
On a final note:

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by bukatyne(f): 10:58am On Jan 05, 2021
koyyes:
Immigrants( Indians, Chinese and others) on quora have complained bitterly about Canada. Some are thinking of heading to the US or UK.

Canadian PRs are doing a great job trying to inflate Canada's GDP with immigration.

Job opportunities are only available to immigrants who schooled there.

Only married immigrants enjoy Canada. If you are single, you will probably die of loneliness because Canadians are generally anti social. Their activities are somewhat robotic.

If you go there to school, make as much friends as possible.

Interesting.

A relative in the US (grounded as they have spent over 20yrd there) advised Canada to US right now.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by shogz89: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't no. I was hoping u were going to tell us based on this comment u made:

So help us out with how data in Canada compares with nigeria
Canada has one of the most expensive mobile data cost in the world.. You can Google it, or browse mobile company's in Canada and check their offerings..
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by lexy2014: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2021
shogz89:
Canada has one of the most expensive mobile data cost in the world.. You can Google it, or browse mobile company's in Canada and check their offerings..

U asked me this question& made this comment below:

"state the cost of data in canada...."

I was assuming that u have d information first hand hence ur boldness in challenging d viewpoints of others. Based on what u have googled, can u avail me that information & how does it compare to d rates in Nigeria?
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Gafdam(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2021
obembet:
If u base in Canada and u are looking for God fearing lady.. grin
Lol!!! Ar u?
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ednut1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
macrodata:

No!

office work and work from home plenty here. In canada i doubt any 9ja person dey wash dead body
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Passionate1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
ednut1:
office work and work from home plenty here. In canada i doubt any 9ja person dey wash dead body

"Embalmer" washing dead bodies na still job. .
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Molahnelson(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2021
Is it easy to become a millionaire in US Dollar in Nigeria than in Canada, why? because in Nigeria there are several business opportunity only if you have the charisma
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by mich2012: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:

I agree with the Mississauga part. Extremely expensive but the city is beautiful, habitable and well planned
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by mich2012: 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
ENG0701:
I dont know why there has been so much noise about people choosing to relocate, it is personal choice, not everyone will leave Nigeria. And there are less than 90,000 Nigerians in canada, it's not like everybody is leaving.

Exactly. I hate all these Canada this and that talks by wanna-be youtubers

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ridbell01(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
A friend resigned his appointment with a bank to relocate to Canada last two years he's now building a house for his parent a feat he can't achieve in 8 years of working here.
Note* please Canada government don't allow Bubu Jubril to come there your country will turn to a barren land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? / Lagosians Use Faeces To Put Out Fire On Road, Poo Truck Explodes (Video) / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.