Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia (6589 Views)

Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
Bullman:

Well gambian girls are majorly muslims, but they aren't fanatics they marry non muslim alot and most gambians r married ro Nigerians, when u are married to a gambian it could boost your chances of getting a job. Wollof mandinka n fula sound like d normal fulani/hausa language u know not so easy bro

thanks for the response !! I really do appreciate !!! bro please can please explain how does marry a Gambian woman increasing or boost the chances of one getting a job ?
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by lagusboyyy(m): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
dasparrow:

If I ever decided to live on the African Continent again, I will consider Gambia. The people from what I heard are friendly. Gambia is called the smiling coast of Africa for a reason. A lot of these black americans and black britons have been migrating there and buying land there too. It's not a big country with a big population but it's peaceful.

When considering where to move to within Africa especially as a Nigerian, go to African nations whose citizens are kind and not to countries like Ghana or South Africa who hate Nigerians with a passion for reasons best known to them.

I don't reside in Nigeria or anywhere in Africa but if I was considering living in an African country, I would look for an African country whose indigenes/ citizens don't have beef with Nigerians or other African nationals. Tribalism as practiced in many African countries including Nigeria can be deadly and harmful. Hence, one must be careful where one goes. All the best!
I love this post.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by dasparrow: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
lagusboyyy:
I love this post.

Thanks lagusboyyy
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Fireson: 1:49am On Jan 10, 2021
Do I need a visa to travel to Gambia?
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by saintruky(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Bullman:

Gambia by road... your journey starts from seme border straight to abijan via Abc transport. From abijan ivorycoast u will sure tell d driver to link u up on where to get a bus direct to monrovia or freetown when u arrive freetown u take a bus to guinea conakry direct.. getting to conakry u take another bus to daker senegal. Senegal to the gambia is via a ferry not a direct road trip. I cant remember how much i paid . U will convert your naira to cfa in seme boarder shine your eyes and know d market value well.
I lived in the gambia for a very long time as a kid with my family i stayed in manjai close to west coast radio. Bro truth is the gambia isnt as developed as Nigeria u cant be loudly rich but u sure will be very very comfortable. Good light back then dont know about now.
Steady security, good roads i never withnes any road accident the only one i saw was a donkey colliding with a bicycle. The gambian currency value dalasi is higher than d naira. Gambians love Nigerians almost all d banks in gambia r nigerian banks. Good opportunities to start a business lots of retired white ppl live in d gambia. It's the number 1 toursit destination in west africa. Food is relatively cheap and her ppl are really straight foward and hospitable.. plus the gambian passport is the sixth strongest in africa lol

My brother u have spoken so well like d proud son of ur father... I salute u righteously... I get few questions to ask regards Gambia, cos i intend to travel there soon once my passport is ready...

1st I believe Gambia is a west african country n a member of d ecowas, same as Nigeria.. why would i need a residence permit to have an extended stay?

2. We re presently in 2021, is it possible to get a direct vehicle from say Seme/Nigeria to Gambia? Like u said as of 2014, there was no direct bus... Now it's like 7yrs after...

3. U talked about d use of ferry from Senegal to get to Gambia, is it still so till today? Any idea?

4. 6 days journey long o jisos.... During ur journey, did u at anytime lodged into a hotel, just to rest n freshen up for d next journey or u headed straight both night n day till u got to ur destination... Man fit consider flight ooo... Though i love adventures sha..

5. How about language barriers on ur way, knowing that d official language of most of d countries u passed thru is French... How did u cope?

Let me stop here first...
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Bullman(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2021
saintruky:

My brother u have spoken so well like d proud son of ur father... I salute u righteously... I get few questions to ask regards Gambia, cos i intend to travel there soon once my passport is ready...

1st I believe Gambia is a west african country n a member of d ecowas, same as Nigeria.. why would i need a residence permit to have an extended stay?

2. We re presently in 2021, is it possible to get a direct vehicle from say Seme/Nigeria to Gambia? Like u said as of 2014, there was no direct bus... Now it's like 7yrs after...

3. U talked about d use of ferry from Senegal to get to Gambia, is it still so till today? Any idea?

4. 6 days journey long o jisos.... During ur journey, did u at anytime lodged into a hotel, just to rest n freshen up for d next journey or u headed straight both night n day till u got to ur destination... Man fit consider flight ooo... Though i love adventures sha..

5. How about language barriers on ur way, knowing that d official language of most of d countries u passed thru is French... How did u cope?

Let me stop here first...

Good morning bro. The fact the gambiabis a member of ecowas still requires you apply for a resident permit after your 90days stay i could remember back then i practically walk around with my passport just for identification and so the authorities don't conclude my stay was illegal. Nigeria is messed up with lots of illegal migrants doesn't make other countries same. In gambia there is a fine to pay if you get caught without a residential permit after 90 days.

2 , bro there are no direct buses from seme border to the gambia you must break yout journey like i stated earlier

3. Yea its still via ferry i think ita about three hours ferry ride across the river gambua but its fun

4 crashing in a bus park or a hotel is your choice tho

5 most francophone countries speak and understand english to some point or maybe just the basis so that wont be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by saintruky(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2021
Bullman:

Good morning bro. The fact the gambiabis a member of ecowas still requires you apply for a resident permit after your 90days stay i could remember back then i practically walk around with my passport just for identification and so the authorities don't conclude my stay was illegal. Nigeria is messed up with lots of illegal migrants doesn't make other countries same. In gambia there is a fine to pay if you get caught without a residential permit after 90 days.

2 , bro there are no direct buses from seme border to the gambia you must break yout journey like i stated earlier

3. Yea its still via ferry i think ita about three hours ferry ride across the river gambua but its fun

5 most francophone countries speak and understand english to some point or maybe just the basis so that wont be a problem.

See as u make d journey by land wan sweet me... I been wan do osusu for flight money b4 o..

Stepping out of naija border, u are introduced into new culture n reality... Now how did u cope with d food on ur journey, knowing naija dishes aren't in sight... Like when i visited Ghana, na only suya i fit chop thru d journey.. though just few hours journey... But 6 days journey, man go weak without good food o...

Can u give a rough estimate of an amount of money i need to have handy b4 embarking on d journey.. as to have a smooth free journey... Again my passport na virgin..

What's d cost of getting d residence permit? Will one get it even though he's not employed in d Gambia?
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Bullman(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2021
saintruky:

See as u make d journey by land wan sweet me... I been wan do osusu for flight money b4 o..

Stepping out of naija border, u are introduced into new culture n reality... Now how did u cope with d food on ur journey, knowing naija dishes aren't in sight... Like when i visited Ghana, na only suya i fit chop thru d journey.. though just few hours journey... But 6 days journey, man go weak without good food o...

Can u give a rough estimate of an amount of money i need to have handy b4 embarking on d journey.. as to have a smooth free journey... Again my passport na virgin..

What's d cost of getting d residence permit? Will one get it even though he's not employed in d Gambia?

Trust me the land journey is something u wont regret.
Is it going to be stressful ? Yes but bro you will getu experience new culture and understand a bit about west africa. For the feeding, you sure think Nigerian food be badass until u taste other countries soup. U fit purge lol but u go de alright. Virgin passport lol those miserable immigration officer will wana squeeze u abit like jjc but u will be fine shine your eyes estinate cost d last time i took a road trip is bout 50k u know things are different now 80k budget u will be fine just dont over eat on your journey just do snacks till u get to banjul to save cost. U dont need a resident permit until after u must have stayed for 90days i dont know how much it is now but chill it shouldn't be more than 25k then it was about 15. Long as u have a passport u will be given a permit gambia no be europe. Some ppl got to the gambia after 4 days trip it all depends on d bus n driver not saying over speeding tho but naija to ivory coast is a day trip which musy habe covered 35% OF YOUR TRip

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by saintruky(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bullman:

Trust me the land journey is something u wont regret.
Is it going to be stressful ? Yes but bro you will getu experience new culture and understand a bit about west africa. For the feeding, you sure think Nigerian food be badass until u taste other countries soup. U fit purge lol but u go de alright. Virgin passport lol those miserable immigration officer will wana squeeze u abit like jjc but u will be fine shine your eyes estinate cost d last time i took a road trip is bout 50k u know things are different now 80k budget u will be fine just dont over eat on your journey just do snacks till u get to banjul to save cost. U dont need a resident permit until after u must have stayed for 90days i dont know how much it is now but chill it shouldn't be more than 25k then it was about 15. Long as u have a passport u will be given a permit gambia no be europe. Some ppl got to the gambia after 4 days trip it all depends on d bus n driver not saying over speeding tho but naija to ivory coast is a day trip which musy habe covered 35% OF YOUR TRip

Thank u my brother... U don sambalicate d whole ish for me... I appreciate... Na for me to set n move... Maybe i fit stop for Freetown to see an old buddie b4 i move ahead...

I fit get direct vehicle from naija to ivory coast na.. to help save d first squad of those miserable immigration guys grin

God bless...
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by bull67: 12:12am On Mar 10, 2021
good information.
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Zaksart: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2021
Bullman:

Can a phone repair business be lucrative over there... What's your idea about business registration and getting a shop.
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Bullman(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Zaksart:

Can a phone repair business be lucrative over there... What's your idea about business registration and getting a shop.

Why not

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2021
Zaksart:

Any skilled job experience or technical skill acquired will help you prosper in Gambia.
From fashion designing, hairdresser, mechanic, plumber, electrician, make up artiste , carpenter just name it

The reason is that their people are not very technically sound or experienced, even their people doing these jobs wont do it like nigerians who have seen it all.

Getting shop isnt so difficuly too like accomodation, there is a large nigerian community there who can assist,just be legit with your skill you will earn in better currency !!!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Cybercop2002: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2021
which one would you reccommend cape verde or gambia,am pls can i budget #100,000 to Gambia
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by ecomalchemist(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Gambia is a very chilled and laid back country if you want to live a sane life full of ambience and tranquility.

A lot of foreigners from europe (UK, germany, netherlands) etc, go there for holidays and some even have houses there just for the fun of it.

If you play your cards right, you might just be lucky....if you know, you know.

The nightlife there is dope (serrekunda strip / kololi beach)...

If you want to go into business, look towards building, trucking, taxi business, arts and crafts, Nightlife.

watch a lot of youtube videos aswell and immerse yourself with the culture, cheers !
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by nairalandland: 7:52pm On May 10, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Gambia is a very chilled and laid back country if you want to live a sane life full of ambience and tranquility.

A lot of foreigners from europe (UK, germany, netherlands) etc, go there for holidays and some even have houses there just for the fun of it.

If you play your cards right, you might just be lucky....if you know, you know.

The nightlife there is dope (serrekunda strip / kololi beach)...

If you want to go into business, look towards building, trucking, taxi business, arts and crafts, Nightlife.

watch a lot of youtube videos aswell and immerse yourself with the culture, cheers !

Hello pls I have been following your trend but o want to ask you ,how lucrative are this job over there ?
1). Satellite installation
2) cane and rattan furniture
Your advice will go far

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Cousin9999: 8:49pm On May 10, 2021
I don't know, but Liberian food looks good.

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Cousin9999: 9:08pm On May 10, 2021
Photos of Liberian food has me actually drooling rn. grin
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2021
Cousin9999:
I don't know, but Liberian food looks good.

Thanks for your response and I really do appreciate !! I can cope with any food of the world so long they are not eating human begings !! I'm looking for good country to travel to if there is money I would love the Europe, Asia it the Americans !! But I'd there is no much money I would prefer to hustle a little while in Africa maybe west Africa or south Africa before I will finially go to my destination. Please throw more light on the Liberian economy as a country
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by newoffer: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2021
Youbdont have idea on how things work.
foster33:
please fellow nairalanders, I need information on traveling to Ghana or Liberia !! ? I would like to know the cost of living in Ghana or Liberia in general? please is there any Nigerian living in Ghana or Liberia? how is business in Ghana or Liberia? how is their women ? how can one quickly get Ghana or Liberia international passport? where is the land route of traveling from Nigeria to Ghana or Liberia? is drawing and portrait painting selling in Ghana or Liberia ? cuz im an artist !! which business can one venture into and make money in Ghana or Liberia?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
newoffer:
Youbdont have idea on how things work.

No I don't have an idea on how things works that is why I am asking to know how things work over there before I leave Nigeria.

So please if you have an Idea please Kindly share it hereon nairaland for every body and those interested.
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
You want to go to liberia. You have signed up for extreme poverty and suffering raised to the power 5. I hate Nigeria with all my being but when I visited Liberia, I started to thank the lord for making a Nigerian. Liberia no get hop o.
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Gatess: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
You want to go to liberia. You have signed up for extreme poverty and suffering raised to the power 5. I hate Nigeria with all my being but when I visited Liberia, I started to thank the lord for making a Nigerian. Liberia no get hop o.

Smh4u. It's very obvious u are not an entrepreneur or a real biz man. So during ur little stay at Liberia as u claimed, u didn't discover any good thing. It's well
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Gatess: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bullman:

Gambia by road... your journey starts from seme border straight to abijan via Abc transport. From abijan ivorycoast u will sure tell d driver to link u up on where to get a bus direct to monrovia or freetown when u arrive freetown u take a bus to guinea conakry direct.. getting to conakry u take another bus to daker senegal. Senegal to the gambia is via a ferry not a direct road trip. I cant remember how much i paid . U will convert your naira to cfa in seme boarder shine your eyes and know d market value well.
I lived in the gambia for a very long time as a kid with my family i stayed in manjai close to west coast radio. Bro truth is the gambia isnt as developed as Nigeria u cant be loudly rich but u sure will be very very comfortable. Good light back then dont know about now.
Steady security, good roads i never withnes any road accident the only one i saw was a donkey colliding with a bicycle. The gambian currency value dalasi is higher than d naira. Gambians love Nigerians almost all d banks in gambia r nigerian banks. Good opportunities to start a business lots of retired white ppl live in d gambia. It's the number 1 toursit destination in west africa. Food is relatively cheap and her ppl are really straight foward and hospitable.. plus the gambian passport is the sixth strongest in africa lol

This ur route is a very long and difficult route bro. Ur best bet is going via Bamako, Mali from cotonou. It's faster and easier

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks for your response !! I really do appreciate!! Please sir can you explain how me going to Liberia is signing up for extreme poverty and suffering ? Because when I check on Google Liberia currency is higher than Nigeria it is two times Nigeria currency 50,000 Liberia dollar is equal to 100,000 Nigerian naira . Please sir what year did you visited Liberia ? And how years did you stay in liberia ? What business or hustling did you do in Liberia? Where did you stay in liberia ? Please sir explain how going to Liberia is suffering and poverty ?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
Gatess:

Smh4u. It's very obvious u are not an entrepreneur or a real biz man. So during ur little stay at Liberia as u claimed, u didn't discover any good thing. It's well

Thanks for contributing to the topic I really do appreciate!! Please Sir it seems you know more about Liberia? Can you please share what you know about Liberia ?
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Ajibade123(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
foster33:
please fellow nairalanders, I need information on traveling to Ghana or Liberia !! ? I would like to know the cost of living in Ghana or Liberia in general? please is there any Nigerian living in Ghana or Liberia? how is business in Ghana or Liberia? how is their women ? how can one quickly get Ghana or Liberia international passport? where is the land route of traveling from Nigeria to Ghana or Liberia? is drawing and portrait painting selling in Ghana or Liberia ? cuz im an artist !! which business can one venture into and make money in Ghana or Liberia?
oga it like you don't know what's doing you or is it not that same Ghana that was reported here that their youth were protesting for jobs or that Liberia that's worst than Nigeria
if you must leave Nigeria at least go to a country better than Nigeria and I don't think any country in Africa is far better than Nigeria for immigration
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by newoffer: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
Paint your work and put it online.
foster33:

No I don't have an idea on how things works that is why I am asking to know how things work over there before I leave Nigeria.

So please if you have an Idea please Kindly share it hereon nairaland for every body and those interested.
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
[quote author=Ajibade123 post=103917700]
oga it like you don't know what's doing you or is it not that same Ghana that was reported here that their youth were protesting for jobs or that Liberia that's worst than Nigeria
if you must leave Nigeria at least go to a country better than Nigeria and I don't think any country in Africa is far better than Nigeria for immigration[/quot

Thanks for the response !! I really do appreciate !! But I want to ask you? Is Nigeria better than south Africa ? Is Nigeria better than eygpyt ? Is Nigeria better than Tunisia? Is Nigeria better than Algeria? If it is better please give me your fact !! If Nigeria is better than Ghana please tell me how ? If Nigeria is also better than Liberia please explain!!

What countries would you recommend that is not in Africa ? And please tell me why you prefer those countries!! And please don't forget that in trying to travel out of West Africa to other Africa countries and the western world that alot of money is needed!!!
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by foster33: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
newoffer:
Paint your work and put it online.

Do you mean my art works ?
Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Bullman(m): 1:57am On Jul 21, 2021
Gatess:

This ur route is a very long and difficult route bro. Ur best bet is going via Bamako, Mali from cotonou. It's faster and easier

You are right but for their are tuareg bandits in bamako those guys are worse than fulani herds men
Thats why for now its best u go through d coast snd u know theres serious unrest currently in mali

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia by Ajibade123(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=foster33 post=103918954][/quote]
no be this same south Africa there youth were looting days ago
check the unemployment rate of those country you mention and see what I am saying
and also check their minimum wage you will be surprise that the Nigeria is slightly better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria / Christmas: 201 FRSC Mobile Courts To Begin Sitting Monday / Nigerians In Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.