Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down (6778 Views)

Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Ishilove: 4:58am On Jan 07, 2021
The comments on this thread is disgusting and some need to reported.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by johnpablo541(m): 5:20am On Jan 07, 2021
ethicallyright:

Is a young 22 year old pretty MBBS graduate employed in a Federal Government Hospital with upper middle class parents financially stable according to your standards?

This is not true, she can't be a doctor at a Federal Government hospital at 22.

Lets assume she got into uni at 16, she will spend 6 years in medical school. Then one year for house-job. One more year for NYSC.

So that makes her 24 years old upon completion of NYSC. ( That's if there were no breaks like she finished med school this month and started house job at least next month. Finished house job this month and started nysc next month. Which will all know isn't even possible)

8 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by NoToPile: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2021
What a thread.

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
johnpablo541:

This is not true, she can't be a doctor at a Federal Government hospital at 22.

Lets assume she got into uni at 16, she will spend 6 years in medical school. Then one year for house-job. One more year for NYSC.

So that makes her 24 years old upon completion of NYSC. ( That's if there were no breaks like she finished med school this month and started house job at least next month. Finished house job this month and started nysc next month. Which will all know isn't even possible)

If you were a doctor/surgeon, I'd advise you acquire the grace of carefulness so that you don't forget surgical tools inside your patient's belly.

However, you're a wannabe so I'd urge you to read carefully next time. I could have used Medical Doctor but chose to use MBBS GRADUATE . You think it was not purposeful?

Read my next comment after that and you'll see where I said they were working with their Chief consultants. That should have given you a clue of what I meant.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ishilove:

What is the age range of these so-called 'old women'?

It's relative.
A woman who is 28 years and above is relatively old.
A woman who is above 35 is clearly old.

If a woman enters medical school at 22 to finish at 28-30, that's not bad and that's the usual case.

But a NIGERIAN woman who gains admission to study for MBBS at 28 is clearly old for the course.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Aren't you aware that the ability to endure being offended through speech is necessary to uphold the tenets of freedom and liberty?

You've told the whole world why you got fired as a moderator in a single sentence.

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by bigjackass: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
Garbage everywhere. Translantic and ethicalyright are some typical examples of-when you talk too much, you will begin to say rubbish without knowing. NAIJA comedians got nothing on you two grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Ishilove: 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
ethicallyright:

It's relative.

If a woman enters medical school at 22 to finish at 28-30, that's not bad and that's the usual case.

But a NIGERIAN woman who gains admission to study for MBBS at 28 is clearly old for the course.
So a woman who is 40 is what? An ancestor?

All these kids using the internet sef.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
ethicallyright:

Aren't you aware that the ability to endure being offended through speech is necessary to uphold the tenets of freedom and liberty?

You've told the whole world why you got fired as a moderator in a single sentence.
Lol. So I am assuming you have receipts for my 'sack', right?

Whatever makes you sleep at night, you pedo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
bigjackass:
Garbage everywhere. Translantic and ethicalyright are some typical examples of-when you talk too much, you will begin to say rubbish without knowing. NAIJA comedians got nothing on you two grin grin
This is a gross understatement.

5 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Biglittlelois(f): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Seconded, but it's also hilarious too, seeing as they are obviously wannabes living out their fantasies and imaginations online, I couldn't help but laugh cheesy

New year, different type of nutcases grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cooooooks(m): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2021
I think you are assuming that you have to have kids immediately you get married.

Also, it seems you are not necessarily interested in any particular person...just the idea of settling down.

With the right person, settling down will not be a chore. You will still be able to advance in your career and perhaps even move as needed.

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cooooooks(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lol.

What is this obsession with "young girls"

ethicallyright:

It's relative.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
cooooooks:
Lol.

What is this obsession with "young girls"

Because they are presumably sexually inexperienced. I mean which straight man doesn't want a tight kpekus? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cooooooks(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
It's people who have no experience with 'kpekus' that say stuff like that.

Also, borderline paedo....

Chii59:

Because they are presumably sexually inexperienced. I mean which straight man doesn't want a tight kpekus? grin

4 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
cooooooks:
It's people who have no experience with 'kpekus' that say stuff like that.

Also, borderline paedo....

Yeah. Many paedos on this forum. Scary stuff.

5 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
cococandy:

I think it comes with old age.

Being that I’m over 30 years old already. grin

Not just age, having a baby does a lot to you.

Remember AirForce1? Immediately he had a baby, baba became super responsible with all his post, no woman shaming, no clout chasing, no G boy antics anymore etc.

I remember vividly years ago way before i created this account, you were the LIONESS of Nairaland, fighting every make troll on Romance section, back to back every day of the week including Sunday, the resting day of the Lord.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by lovelybugs(f): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Zayttoven:

If it's someone from my workplace, it's a bad idea.
But from another airline, sure why not.
Only that I don't get to meet them often.

I think when it comes to a relationship everyone is busy but it takes time and dedication to keep it running. I think the first thing you need is an empathetic woman who has similar goals to you. That is someone who is moving in the same direction with you. Preferably someone who works remotely so that when the time comes for you to move she can easily move.

Set a year that you'd like to marry and work towards it. If it's five years look for someone who also wants to marry in five years time.

List the qualities important to you and you'll know where to look for your woman.

Make out time daily to communicate and gist. Thankfully this is a time of technology so you don't have to see physical to talk. There's video call and voice call. Surprise each other with gifts regularly even tho little. It could be poems written, songs, cards handmade and delivered with logistics companies, etc..

You can set a time to talk. Eg, 1 hour 7pm every day or, if your schedule is unpredictable, just 1 hour everyday. Make it a habit to send text messages and just check up on them.

Tbh, no one actually has time. We're all busy. But you must make time and dedicate yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cococandy(f): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
Also knowing that some people will never get sense no matter how much you try.
truthsayer009:

Not just age, having a baby does a lot to you.

Remember AirForce1? Immediately he had a baby, baba became super responsible with all his post, no woman shaming, no clout chasing, no G boy antics anymore etc.

I remember vividly years ago way before i created this account, you were the LIONESS of Nairaland, fighting every make troll on Romance section, back to back every day of the week including Sunday, the resting day of the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Klass99:

Baby girl please come and tell me if your advice wil be the same, if OP was female. Happy new year.

Yes. I would tell the OP the same thing if he was a female. That way, he can choose whichever style he can juggle with. Not many persons are good multitaskers.

Happy New Year to you too, baby girl.

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by pocohantas(f): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
cococandy:
Also knowing that some people will never get sense no matter how much you try.

This is it for me sef. grin

It is even the same people to start with. Just old wine in new bottle...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Liposure: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Chii59:

notwithstanding my sister, tightness is one thing, penetration is another. Some honeypots are impenetrable unless you apply grease

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by johnpablo541(m): 12:19am On Jan 08, 2021
ethicallyright:

If you were a doctor/surgeon, I'd advise you acquire the grace of carefulness so that you don't forget surgical tools inside your patient's belly.

However, you're a wannabe so I'd urge you to read carefully next time. I could have used Medical Doctor but chose to use MBBS GRADUATE . You think it was not purposeful?

Read my next comment after that and you'll see where I said they were working with their Chief consultants. That should have given you a clue of what I meant.

Stop trying to be half smart. And stop trying to twist the narrative. I never said i am a doctor or wanna be one.

But your lies don't add up. The government will not employ you as a doctor if you have not completed your house job, and have not completed NYSC.

Below are your posts, read them again with your glasses on.

ethicallyright:

Is a young 22 year old pretty MBBS graduate employed in a Federal Government Hospital with upper middle class parents financially stable according to your standards?

ethicallyright:

I saw some of them in the hospital during my last visit working with their Chief consultants. Young pretty medical doctors. Fine face with figure 8. The beautiful ones are not yet born, indeed.

These girls gain admission in Private universities at 16 these days. No ASUU strike or prolonged semester. In less than 6 years, they are done.

Check the medical sector boss. It's rare to see old women graduating from there because of the amount of reading and dedication required.

6 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Zayttoven: 1:39am On Jan 08, 2021
lovelybugs:

I think when it comes to a relationship everyone is busy but it takes time and dedication to keep it running. I think the first thing you need is an empathetic woman who has similar goals to you. That is someone who is moving in the same direction with you. Preferably someone who works remotely so that when the time comes for you to move she can easily move.

Set a year that you'd like to marry and work towards it. If it's five years look for someone who also wants to marry in five years time.

List the qualities important to you and you'll know where to look for your woman.

Make out time daily to communicate and gist. Thankfully this is a time of technology so you don't have to see physical to talk. There's video call and voice call. Surprise each other with gifts regularly even tho little. It could be poems written, songs, cards handmade and delivered with logistics companies, etc..

You can set a time to talk. Eg, 1 hour 7pm every day or, if your schedule is unpredictable, just 1 hour everyday. Make it a habit to send text messages and just check up on them.

Tbh, no one actually has time. We're all busy. But you must make time and dedicate yourself.

This would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by SweetCunt97(f): 4:41am On Jan 08, 2021
Zayttoven:
There was once a time I dreamt of having the life I have now but now that I do, I don't feel so sure again.
2019, I was so optimistic i'll settle down before the end of 2020. Well, I would blame it on the pandemic but not entirely. I would say it was my fault in some way.

2020, I said i'll try again in 2021. Guess what, I got a job offer which pays double of what I currently earn. It's too good an offer to pass by, but then it reduces my chances of getting married this year.

Oh, I also forget that I'm travelling to the U.S this March on a type rating course which will take a couple of months. After that, I'm thinking of relocating to S.A for the new job.

In a nutshell I've zeroed any plans of settling this year.
I feel like my career is the problem here or am I procrastinating too much?
I have all I need except time.

If you've ever been in such a situation how did you handle it?
No one wanna marry a weak old man o. When u done chasing money, I pray you'll find someone who will be committed to you

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
Don't look for a young girl when you look 43 in a 29 years old body ... with the brain of a 16 years old!!!

CcBillionairestobe lipsrsealed.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Zayttoven: 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Out of 154 comments, got about 8 decent opinions.
The rest were just gbas gbos.

Cc poshestmina Ishilove Pocohantas Chii59
cococandy, I apologize if you were offended .

Hathor5, Magnoliaa both laughed in and out of the thread.

4 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
Zayttoven:
Out of 154 comments, got about 8 decent opinions.
The rest were just gbas gbos.

Cc poshestmina Ishilove Pocohantas Chii59
cococandy, I apologize if you were offended .

Hathor5, Magnoliaa both laughed in and out of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfmdKOLzVI

Just watch what the life of Beyonce and Jay Z looks like . Literally 13 years age difference between them.

Forever Young is the title. A stage performance with their private videos at the background.

Watch to the end for inspiration boss .

Marriage should not be a priority. Build your career and empire like Jay-Z please and marry a younger successful woman like Beyonce thereafter.

It takes discipline not to rush into marriage but it is the best decision you can make.

The video is not for evening newspapers as it will cause great depression (the type America experienced), which is suicidal...you know...
xx grin

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
ethicallyright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfmdKOLzVI

Just watch what the life of Beyonce and Jay Z looks like . Literally 13 years age difference between them.

Forever Young is the title. A stage performance with their private videos at the background.

Watch to the end for inspiration boss .

Marriage should not be a priority. Build your career and empire like Jay-Z please and marry a younger successful woman like Beyonce thereafter.

It takes discipline not to rush into marriage but it is the best decision you can make.

The video is not for evening newspapers as it will cause great depression (the type America experienced), which is suicidal...you know...
xx grin

SERIOUS WARNING :

THE VIDEO ABOVE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR SINGLE WOMEN ABOVE THE AGE OF 28. VIEWERS' DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nkwobi042: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Mentally damaged?
Is this the new way y'all respond to reality ?
Have you been to South Africa or atleast been with their women?
If so then how is what I said not true or downgrading Nigeria women for speaking an obvious truth?
I have no time for feminine stupidity this afternoon,I'd appreciate it if you take it somewhere else,
Thanks.

Yea I've been with southy women and trust me bro those girls stink like skanks. angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nkwobi042:

Yea I've been with southy women and trust me bro those girls stink like skanks. angry angry
Where for Southy? undecided
Make e no be na shanty town bannies them ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nkwobi042: 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Where for Southy? undecided
Make e no be na shanty town bannies them ooo grin

Which one be shanties again?
You dey specialize for the issues again?You dey misyarn about South girls wey no dey wear pant,even after sex them no dey wash yansh.

O boy!Even naija ghetto girls dey carry water bend down wash yansh pass southy obvious'big girls'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Inverter Battery To Buy !!! / Please Help My Colleague, Is In A Big Mess! / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.