Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Singer, Chike Apologizes To Eastern Nigerians For Calling Them Primitive - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer, Chike Apologizes To Eastern Nigerians For Calling Them Primitive (572 Views)

Singer Chike Buys New House And 2 New Cars / Singer, Chike Apologizes To The Igbos, For Calling Them Primitive Thinkers / "Davido Is A Primitive Nigerian For Making Money Without A Degree" - Fb User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Singer, Chike Apologizes To Eastern Nigerians For Calling Them Primitive by Bobotic(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2021
Fast-rising Nigerian singer, Chike has apologized to Eastern Nigerians after he said it is primitive to travel to the East for Christmas.

It was earlier in the news that the singer advised people who hail from the Eastern part of Nigeria to stop traveling home for Christmas as it is a primitive behaviour to so.

In a now deleted tweet which he shared on his official Twitter handle on Monday, January 4th, the singer said the Yuletide is an unsafe period to travel home.

His tweet was made in reaction to people who lost their lives while traveling to and fro their homes for Christmas celebration.

However, the upcoming artiste has now tendered an apology to Eastern Nigerians over his insensitive tweet.

According to him, he was controlled by his emotions while making his earlier tweet after two of his friends who traveled for Christmas died in a car accident while returning back to the city.

He wrote, “I believe my now-deleted tweet was misunderstood as it was an emotional one .This morning, 2 friends died on their road trip back from the village. I think the roads are too risky for everyone to be headed home & back. If you have been hurt, I sincerely apologize.”

https://orientaltimes.co/2021/01/04/singer-chike-apologizes-to-eastern-nigerians-for-calling-them-primitive/?fbclid=IwAR1iWGUQq4XFagB_OE0CisOZ_r_n0DWuGJANXex02pNpXfLz10n96kS42eQ

(1) (Reply)

Rudeboy Talks About Omo Ghetto(the Saga), Movie Released By Funke Akindele / Tacha Advise Ladies Not To Be A Liability 2021, That Men Are Getting Smarter / Remember Oladapo Olaitan Olanipekun [dagrin] 11 Years on our MINDS Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.