Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji (29430 Views)

Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by johnkent(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
It isn’t the responsibility of the government to determine whose the biological father of a child.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by BRATISLAVA: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Titi03:
She (pocohantas) creates a new moniker each time she falls in love with someone on this forum.

Breaststroke for Genq
Fuzzywuzzy for Bukatyne.
Magnoliaa for Crackhaus.
BRATISLAVA for Ericsmith

#YabaleftEscapee grin

Cry baby, mod caller cheesy

K.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by pocohantas(f): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Titi03=genq=monikers bothered by Bratislava. Same stalker.

A troll claiming to be trolled. Wetin blanket no go see for Dangote nyash. undecided

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by BRATISLAVA: 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
pocohantas:

A troll claiming to be trolled. Wetin blanket no go see for Dangote nyash. undecided

grin grin grin

Do you mind that confused fellow? He's obsessed with you. Or shall I say "us"? I've told him before that his logic is faulty, but he doesn't want to believe it.

3 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by pocohantas(f): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

grin grin grin

Do you mind that confused fellow? He's obsessed with you. Or shall I say "us"?

Just me. I am you and you are me. grin

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by BRATISLAVA: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
pocohantas:

Just me. I am you and you are me. grin

You/me. Me/you. We are we.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Sixfeetbelle: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Alternatively, the government should subsidize DNA self testing kits. They can pay for it by cutting the budget for the Ministry of Women Affairs and/or introduce a new 'baby testing tax' on female income earners. But the government should make it mandatory that it be attached to the birth certificate for tendering in any official capacity. This is so that women cannot emotionally blackmail simpish men into not doing it.

As for its being insignificant, this is totally false. Cited figures come as high as 40% for some countries. If 40% of all business deals by Nigerian men were 419 scams would we not be desperately searching for solution today? Why should women get a pass card?

Why tax only female income earners? Why cut budget of women affairs?

Anyway, I don't think DNA testing should be subsidised. I believe it should be made free and compulsory. All men should be subjected to DNA sample collection so that half of the children in orphanages around the country can be reunited with their rightful fathers.

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Jaqenhghar: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2021
orjisblog:
I think with the increase in infidelity in marriages lately, it will be very much better is the Senate passes a bill that would warrant all hospitals to conduct compulsory DNA test after child birth.

- Orjisblog
A country that cannnot afford basic healthcare should make DNA test compulsary.

That's why you people have the kind of country you live in.
No one has asvocated for free healthcare but na DNA be una priority.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Why tax only female income earners? Why cut budget of women affairs?

Because it is today's woman who made it necessary to carry out DNA tests in modern times.

Sixfeetbelle:

Anyway, I don't think DNA testing should be subsidised. I believe it should be made free and compulsory. All men should be subjected to DNA sample collection so that half of the children in orphanages around the country can be reunited with their rightful fathers.

Were saying the same thing. And it's not only orphanages. Even the kids of married women should be reunited with their real fathers. Men do not deny their children's paternity the way women do. They'll normally keep it a secret from their loud wife, but they'll usually still do their duty to their outside children. It is women who try to fake their children's paternity.

In any case, if DNA tests are taken for children in orphanages, many women who dumped their babies in toilets or drainage ditches will be indicted for attempted murder.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Sixfeetbelle: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2021
Vyolet:
Funnily, some of these men ranting about DNA are bastards themselves, some have even fathered so many kids in various homes without knowing.

The hunter will soon become the hunted.

Exactly what I'm saying. It's like men don't understand the gravity of what they are asking for.

DNA testing should not just be for new born babies but for older children and adults as well. I'm certain if this is mandated, half of the children in orphanages will turn out to be offsprings of some of these males here when they were in their 'youth'.

Imagine how many marriages that will break when illegitimate children end up showing up on their doorsteps?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
2Ways:
Can they parents afford it?
What about kids that are not Born in the hospital how will they go about it?

They can't afford to raise a BASTARD either.
We have DNA test kits you can quickly get.

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by DozieSixtus: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Just DNA TEST? Not enough! Death sentence for paternity fraud!

And any woman who cheats on her husband should be sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment!

These laws must be enacted as soon as possible before Nigeria becomes Sodom and Gomorrah!

God bless Nigeria.

The same should go for men, not only women. Let's not be bias here.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Sixfeetbelle: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Because it is today's woman who made it necessary to carry out DNA tests in modern times.

Were saying the same thing. And it's not only orphanages. Even the kids of married women should be reunited with their real fathers. Men do not deny their children's paternity the way women do. They'll normally keep it a secret from their loud wife, but they'll usually still do their duty to their outside children. It is women who try to fake their children's paternity.

In any case, if DNA tests are taken for children in orphanages, many women who dumped their babies in toilets or drainage ditches will be indicted for attempted murder.

The men who want the DNA test would be made responsible for it, not women. Their salaries, in effect, would be cut to build up a budget for compulsory DNA testing. If you want something from the Government, you pay for it. That's how things work.

And you think marriages will still stand if these orphaned children are reunited with their parents through DNA testing? Do you know what the presence of an 'unwanted' child does to a home? Can you imagine suddenly finding out you have siblings? Do you understand the gravity of impact it would have on your family dynamics?

I don't even know what your last sentence is all about.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

The men who want the DNA test would be made responsible for it, not women. Their salaries, in effect, would be cut to build up a budget for compulsory DNA testing. If you want something from the Government, you pay for it. That's how things work.

And you think marriages will still stand if these orphaned children are reunited with their parents through DNA testing? Do you know what the presence of an 'unwanted' child does to a home? Can you imagine suddenly finding out you have siblings? Do you understand the gravity of impact it would have on your family dynamics?

I don't even know what your last sentence is all about.

It's a pity your sistas never seem to remember all these things when their ogas are on top.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Freelane33(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
#Endsars protesters should buy this machine to #Endpaternityfraud...........we can do it , let’s make wash and build a new Nigeria .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Hamiltonii: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ijaya123:
That will not be a bad idea if issue of funding it is sorted out.

I bet several women will go to the National Assembly to protest against the legislation.

Some will even be frowning at this suggestion here, just that they won’t speak up out of fear of being called out for it.

And any man who cheats on his wife should be sentenced to how many years sentence?

Is it not the same God that created the woman?
Or where did your god gave permission for the man to cheat and not to the woman?

You’re and that your god are bunch of hypocrites.
Sharrap! marry a man to your house and enjoy that privilege'.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by SavageMaster: 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
orjisblog:
I think with the increase in infidelity in marriages lately, it will be very much better is the Senate passes a bill that would warrant all hospitals to conduct compulsory DNA test after child birth.

- Orjisblog

Op, this agenda you want to push will not fly.

If anybody wants to have DNA tests done on his children, he should request and pay and have it done. It is his choice.

There is nothing compulsory here. Even abroad, there's nothing compulsory about it.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Superpower(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Why should that be the problem of the government. That's people personal issue.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by pyman11(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is a good idea but how many can afford the cost
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by cococandy(f): 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You keep contradicting every opinion I take. I don't like to be contradicted by a woman.
but of course. You don’t hide the misogyny.

By the way, on your dp, is that Nassau? Buy yourself a large Goombay Smash and send me some of the vibes you're feeling while drinking it.
It was Nassau. Bit Too late though. Left it.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by dominic17: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:

And any woman who cheats on her husband should be sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment!

These laws must be enacted as soon as possible before Nigeria becomes Sodom and Gomorrah!

God bless Nigeria.

What about the man that cheats on his wife,what will happen to him? I mean what punishment should be melted to men that cheat on their wives?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by lastchild: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.

what about any man who cheats on the wife? how many years in imprisonment?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by kolade560: 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
This is the way to go but the problem to many men is the high cost. just like the drunk above me opined, it should be subsidised
.u Are d real drunk
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
cococandy:
but of course. You don’t hide the misogyny..

Misogyny? I've never been accused of that before. On the contrary, I really think that women are the loveliest creatures on earth. It's just that they do punch a little above their weight sometimes, and a man has to gently remind them to retake their rightful position at the back every so often.

cococandy:

It was Nassau. Bit Too late though. Left it.

To nicer climes, I trust.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It's just that they do punch a little above their weight sometimes, and a man has to gently remind them to retake their rightful position at the back every so often.
Ever so nicely condescending. The worst type of misogyny. wink

To nicer climes, I trust.
always. Nothing but the good life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges Sixty More Coronavirus Patients / Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.