Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu (61170 Views)

Youths Chased Out TVC Reporter From Protest Ground In Lagos (Video) / Oshiomhole Was Repositioned, "Neither Chased Out Nor Embarrassed" (Picture) / 40,000 Nigerian Refugees Chased Out Of Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by janedonez(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, was on Sunday, whisked away in Ulunya, Ovoko, Igbo-Eze South Local Government Area of Enugu State, when some suspected thugs invaded a football pitch where he kicked-off a match.

Vanguard gathered that some thugs who were not comfortable that a football tournament was sponsored by Ike Oha Foundation, owned by Ekweremadu, pulled down the goal posts and allegedly chased the lawmaker and his entourage out of the match venue.

Some youths who spoke to Vanguard on the incident on the condition of anonymity alleged that the thugs were hired by the member representing Nsukka/Igbo-Eze South Federal Constituency in the House of the Representatives, Pat. Asadu.

The youths further alleged that they had approached Asadu to sponsor the tournament but he declined, forcing them to seek for Ekweremadu’s financial assistance.

However, when contacted, Asadu denied any involvement in the incident.

He said: ”At my level, there is hardly anything that would happen in Ovoko and the people won’t call my name. I didn’t know that Ekweremadu was coming to my country home. I only read that on social media. How he came and where he went are his personal businesses which he has a right to embark on.

“Anyone alleging that I hired some boys who pulled down the goal posts where he was to kick-off the football match should provide evidence linking me to the incident.

“What I noticed was that there was a football tournament which the vigilante group said they should not play because they noticed the politics and the misgivings involved.

“For the 24 years that the tournament held, this is the first time that the football association is inviting someone from Aninri or Orba or any community outside Ovoko to sponsor it. Therefore, some people were not comfortable with the arrangement and they went to court to obtain an order to stop it.”

When contacted, Ekweremadu thanked the youths for not giving in to violence. He said he would not be distracted in his mission of bringing good governance to the people of the state.

He further pledged to execute some development projects in Enugu North Senatorial District, adding that he would equally continue to support Ovoko Football Association in order to discover talented footballers from the community.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/senator-ekweremadu-chased-football-match-enugu-337686/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Orubebe01: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
I love this man, don't know why he is always been attacked

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Exc2000: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
cool

Abuja Politicians without street credibility in their own home town

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Kapeter(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
This man don suffer sha. From ipod in germany to local thugs. grin

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by gmo10(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
He should resign from active politics

11 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Trynaija(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2021

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by SadiqBabaSani: 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
Next pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Ratedgang: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
Exc2000:
cool

the matter tire person.

16 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Smoke55: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Its Time For Igbo Youths To Start Attacking These Useless Politicians In South East,these Incompetent Buffons Does Not Represent Us! Imagine Umahi's Statement Yesterday Concerning The Foolanis In Ebonyi State..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Golan007: 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
Again?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by kenzysmith: 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
lies u can't tarnish his image

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by kenzysmith: 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2021
Pochettino:
Hmmm Nothing wey Tinubu no go see for mortuary
u no get sense I no lie

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by abc115: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
Pochettino:
Hmmm
Nothing wey Tinubu no go see for mortuary

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by MiztaSpark(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
Them against their own. That's their trademark

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by BlackfireX: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Imagine...

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Jones4190(m): 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
apply balm on affected places, buhari advice Ekweremadu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Coldie(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
Exc2000:
cool

In the east street credibility mean so many things.

Street credibility can mean u supporting biafra

10 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by jlinkd78(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
The truth is most of these politicians down East here do not know or pretend not to know the level of enlightenment and advocacy that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has evangelized across all cadre especially amongst the youths. Nnamdi Kanu through his teachings has been able to sensitize the populace that these politicians are no leaders but crooks savouring their collective patrimony by only themselves and their cronies. With this humiliation even in his State of Enugu they have sent a message again that the Germany's Iri-Ji treatment meted at him can be repeated even in his backyard and there is nothing he can do. Umahi own dose on d right day will be like a tsunami. Street credibility test shows d greater majority of the Easterners stand with Biafra and d resentment against d pro-one-Nigeria efulefus would only worsen in d coming days. Bookmark this comment and vindicate me later

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by mazimee(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
MiztaSpark:
Them against their own. That's their trademark

At least our trade mark is not to lick ass mumuciously

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by MiztaSpark(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
mazimee:

At least our trade mark is not to lick ass mumucuously

What's the difference? Mumu

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
Pochettino:
Hmmm Nothing wey Tinubu no go see for mortuary

chai!!!! is this not surposed to be an hate speech

just asking for my Afonja girlfriend

9 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by mazimee(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
MiztaSpark:

What's the difference? Mumu

Ode, the difference is that they are not zombies like you

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by tobechi74: 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
Can Igbos unite

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Chased Out Of Football Match In Enugu by BlessedNuel: 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
Seems he is destined to dey receive beating everywhere he goes grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Chisom Leonard, APC Campaign DG, Found Dead In Rivers State (Photo) / Nigeria@60: The Beautiful Woman That Was Stripped Naked Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.