Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? (19676 Views)

Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
ipobarethieves:
Sorry! I'm not a tenant

I'm both

Mediation Centre are protenants in dealing with agreement issues

It is expedient to suggest opinions with experience rather than speculation

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

© Seniorwriter
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by dapadawee: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
iko123:
Most tenants renew their rents at the beginning of the year. Based on my tenancy agreement,I renewed my rent early than expected because I had a lot of activities lined up for the year that will require money. Besides, I don't want landlord to remind me that my rent has expired.

In previous years, I renewed my rent on the second week of the beginning of the month so that I don't send a signal of abundance on my side. Sometimes, I pay in arrears even when the money is there.

I was surprised that after making the payment, I got a notification of increment of rent effective from January, 2022.

My family has been very peaceful tenant since we parked in. I have thought through the notice to find the best way to approach him to withdraw the increment without him giving me an option to park out if I am not comfortable.

Please advise me on the best approach to use in this situation.
2022 � I beg the guy try
If its too much for you move out
If your landlord na ogogoro man shark am up and tell am
If na womanizer send your wife go beg am or your sister I don't mean anything negative o but such people listens to women plea
If na God fearing person approach him with humility
But true be say na who know person dey do person. Person wey I no know how I want take teach u how to enter am. Na u know am study him likes and penetrate. If u no thank me I will never teach u sense again. And if u insult me Kai I fit be your landlord
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
Shoot him on the legs
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
iambabaG:
Some landlords are of the devil.
With all the predicament facing someone, increasing house rent is what they feel they can add to the already filled plate?
My landlord is A VERY GOOD MAN.
He has a lovely wife and they are VERY considerate. Who said an Igbo landlord isn’t good? I would gladly have him as a landlord till i leave this shithole.
Sometimes, it’s not always about money.. But doing right by a fellow human.
Some of this landlords push young men into stealing and illegalities to stay afloat. Which shouldn’t be so. Your property isn’t a license to senselessly extort. Your children will one day need to pay rent
Hahaha, it seems you have not live outside the shores of Nigeria.
The economy is getting tough by the day for everyone including you.
If you go and purchase an item in the market the increase in price is for everyone, same as children school fees, electricity bills and other miscellaneous expenses.
How do you expect your land lord to afford it with increased prices?
You better wake up.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
BarrSly:

I do not know how much your rent is, but no landlord has any right to unilaterally review rent without informing you ahead and having due consultation with his tenants.

If your rent figure is in the high range my brother sit him down and let him know you deserved some notification but you do not wish to be a troublesome tenant and therefore would require a little reduction in the amount from what it has been increased to.

If he refuses, you either pay him or sue him!
But from the report the OP said the rent is to be increased from 2022 that means he's informed, the landlord must have informed other tenants maybe through texts or notice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by BigGuava: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
...You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.

Thanks for reading
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by KIDfurniture(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
Lol..no go develop ur land...his house , his investment. If u cant afford it move out
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by ikenna44: 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
Act like you didn't see the increment notice until your rent is due.
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by BQhtuB: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by banio: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2021
iko123:
Most tenants renew their rents at the beginning of the year. Based on my tenancy agreement,I renewed my rent early than expected because I had a lot of activities lined up for the year that will require money. Besides, I don't want landlord to remind me that my rent has expired.

In previous years, I renewed my rent on the second week of the beginning of the month so that I don't send a signal of abundance on my side. Sometimes, I pay in arrears even when the money is there.

I was surprised that after making the payment, I got a notification of increment of rent effective from January, 2022.

My family has been very peaceful tenant since we parked in. I have thought through the notice to find the best way to approach him to withdraw the increment without him giving me an option to park out if I am not comfortable.

Please advise me on the best approach to use in this situation.

My landlord tried this and I sent him a text to refund me my money and give me a month notice to park out. That was how that year rent passed. But subsequent year was still increased, got no option but to park to where I can get more electric power.
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by CaptainFM1: 5:15am On Jan 06, 2021
BabaOwen:
Bro, if am in your shoes, I won't pay him #1 after the one you paid him before. He should have let you know about it weeks ago. If he no gree, ask for your money so u go fit use am rent house for another location. You go com use 6 month in the house for free, while searching for where to live.

Where do this 6months "free" misconception come from?

Even if you are given 6months notice to move out, there's no law that says it's free. Get that right now!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by dam4sam: 5:52am On Jan 06, 2021
iambabaG:
With all the predicament facing someone, increasing house rent is what they feel they can add to the already filled plate?
He has a lovely wife and they are VERY considerate. Who said an Igbo landlord isn’t good? I would gladly have him as a landlord till i leave this shithole.
Some of this landlords push young men into stealing and illegalities to stay afloat. Which shouldn’t be so. Your property isn’t a license to senselessly extort. Your children will one day need to pay rent

I agree with you, at the bolded.
But unfortunately, the Landlord is not unique in that position, the person your Landlord buys Garri, Rice, beans, oil, Cement, Clothes, School fees, Transport, bank, even Govt, have all increased their prices and charges your Landlord has to pay!
Can we now say the same thing of all these people, that they are Devils?

If that is true, l bet you are also a Devil, because you would be somewhere in that list.

Bottom line: Nigerian environment is full of Evil Dog-eat-Dog people.

BTW: What is the noise about, the increase wont take effect until 2022, that is ONE YEARS TIME/NOTICE

1 Like

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by dam4sam: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2021
CaptainFM1:

Where do this 6months "free" misconception come from?

Even if you are given 6months notice to move out, there's no law that says it's free. Get that right now!

Dont mind the illiterate, they wont read Tenancy Laws and will just come here to mislead people. angry
The day Court Bailiff comes to pack their load and Auction it to defray liability, they would start crying, begging and looking for Sympathy
. undecided grin
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by dam4sam: 6:10am On Jan 06, 2021
ikenna44:
Act like you didn't see the increment notice until your rent is due.

And you think the Landlord will not serve him a Quit Notice, before the rent ends?
What will he do then?
Some advisers sef. angry
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2021
Hotbutt:
When I was in Nursing School. My landlord was nice to me. I don't know why. Even when I didn't have enough money to complete my rent at a time, I went to explain to him and he agreed and was just smiling. He just said he understands and collected the half payment I brought.

He was a kind landlord but his wife likes looking at me with bad eyes anytime I pass to go to school. I don't know why.

I'm glad I'm off there.
It's good you left there because you will be a big distraction to the man, the wife self fit pour you hot water for body.
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Coolgent(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2021
ahnie:
The best way to approach him to discuss your rent increment is by getting a bottle of wine,a fertile female goat,a Rolex watch and don't forget to go along with the land receipt of the 50/50 plot of land you just acquired showed them to him and tell him to go to hell.

Chai!
Da abubuwan gaba daya grin
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by Slimtuns(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2021
BarrSly:

I do not know how much your rent is, but no landlord has any right to unilaterally review rent without informing you ahead and having due consultation with his tenants.

If your rent figure is in the high range my brother sit him down and let him know you deserved some notification but you do not wish to be a troublesome tenant and therefore would require a little reduction in the amount from what it has been increased to.

If he refuses, you either pay him or sue him!

Yenyenyen... Were you sleeptyping when you came up with that balderdash? Like his tenants were there when he was the building the house with his fortune, I don't even know why the Law favours tenants over the landlords in almost every aspects.. He gave him a year notice about the increment, could he have been more lenient or sympathetic cos the economy is bad like he's not involved in the same economy?. Pelotudo! angry
Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by thermalroll: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2021
Am a landlord too, I think if you approach your landlord personally, and talk to him, he may be willing to listen.
I am landlord with houses in lagos, I have not increase a single rent on any of my properties for the past 5 years.

That doesnt mean that the idea of increasing the rent if not on my mind, but sometimes you just have to have human feeling towards certain things.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? by SaintUlot: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
iambabaG:

You didn't blame the government for inflation, but you are blaming the landlord for increasing the house rent,which is already stated in tenancy agreement that rent increament is inevitable variable to inflation. Is it only house rent increases in price in recent times? All building materials and fittings from march of last year till date have increased in price between 50% - 150%

Still buying all Gift cards @ good rate

https://www.nairaland.com/3908406/best-farsell-all-itunes-amazon

WHATSAPP
:https:///s/saintulot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parapet Roofing Questions $ Answers / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom 2flat Attach At AIT Road Alagbado / Old Widow Gets A New Bungalow As Gift In Abia (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.