Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy (30949 Views)

Don-Davis Archibong Now A Brand Ambassador; Gets A Scholarship (Photos) / Don Davis: Deeper Life High School Releases Statement On Molested Student (Video / Deborah Okezie: ‘My Life In Danger’ – Mother Of Deeper Life Schoolboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Marvellously2Me: 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
Deeper Life School Saga: Accused student denies bullying, molesting Don-Davies

One of the students who allegedly molested and bullied 11-year-old Don Davies Archibong in Deeper Life High School, Idoro, Uyo Akwa Ibom State, Shalom Omoniyi, has denied the allegation levelled against him.

Parents of Don-Davies, Mr and Mrs Iniobong Archibong, had in a letter to the School through their Solicitors, Eagle-Eyes Network Chambers, dated December 22, 2020, alleged that Shalom and Ola engaged in sexual molestation of Don-Davies , oppressed him because he bed-wets at night.

Narrating his own side of the story, 13-year-old SS1 student and an indigene of Ekiti state, Shalom Omoniyi said their Boarding master, identified as Mr Nseabasi Joseph only asked him and Ola to help Don-Davies learn how to keep himself clean.

Shalom said that Joseph only gave him the task because Don-Davies was his bunkmate for two weeks.

His words, “Don-Davies was my bunkmate. I resumed School on November 1, 2020, to meet him as my bunkmate. But I was told that he was removed from the Junior students hostel to the Senior Students because the boarding of the Junior hostel Mr Akpan was sick and left his apartment within the School premises.

“We did not bully him (Ola and I). I did not molest him. The Boarding Master, Mr Joseph Nseabasi asked us to make sure he is always clean because when he Pooh’s or Pees on himself, he doesn’t clean up. And when he smells, and we ask him if he defecated, he will say no.

“But when we ask him to pull down his boxer and bend down, we will discover that he defecated without cleaning his anus. We will now ask him to go and take his bath or clean himself. And when we notice that his clothes are smelling, we will tell him to go and wash the clothes, but he will refuse, instead, he will go and pack the smelly clothes inside his cupboard”

The accused minor also disclosed that Don-Davies was, however, moved back to the Junior Students hostel when Akpan returned before School closed on December 19, 2020.

He further disclosed that Don-Davies may have been angry that they (him and Ola) didn’t do those things Mr Akpan was doing for him before he fell ill, noting, “Mr Akpan used to wash his clothes, bath him. He also helps him to brush his teeth.

“Mr Akpan returned to School before School closed on December 19, 2020. When he returned, Don Davies was also moved back to his former hostel. He was moved to Senior students hostel because when Mr Akpan was sick the Junior students hostel did not have a boarding master. He was moved out of our hostel on November, 15.”

He further disclosed that when Don-Davies was in his hostel, a female nurse used to come about 6:30 am to give him drugs every day on an empty stomach.

Asked if the School punished him and Ola for bullying, and molesting Don-Davies anus, he responded no.

“Don Davies reported us to the School Principal, (Mrs Ndidi Solomon, already suspended) that Ola and I bully him, stressing, “The Principal invited of us to her office and She told us that she was going to punish us. Even when we tried to explain things to her, She refused to listen. But She did not punish us”

On his part, the accused student’s father, Mr Olusegun Omoniyi, resident in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, said since his son was admitted into that School from JSS1, that he has not received any bad report from the School concerning his conduct.

Mr Omoniyi said he was therefore surprised when Shalom, his son was mentioned in Don-Davies matter.

He explained that even when the Principal, Mrs Solomon contacted him saying that She was going to punish his son, She didn’t tell him the offence the boy had committed.

“So when I saw the story and the alleged involvement of my son, I decided to call my son and asked him why he bullied and molested the boy, but he said he did not do such thing.

“I cannot force my son to tell a lie. And I also allowed him to make statement o the Police last Thursday. And we are going to the police station again tomorrow (Tuesday) in continuation of this matter.

” I am not worried about anything because I believe that my son is telling the truth and I know the truth will prevail, no matter how long it takes. In fact, the whole story is too shallow for me to believe”, Mr Omoniyi said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/deeper-life-school-saga-accused-student-denies-bullying-molesting-don-davies/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Buharidgeneral: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
I tut the case is under investigation
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Marvellously2Me: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2021
Buharidgeneral:
I tut the case is under investigation
Yes but a story normally have many sides, we heard from the accusers, now the accused are sharing their own parts of the story

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by LordIsaac(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
Yes but a story normally have many sides, we heard from the accusers, now the accused are sharing their own parts of the story
Exactly... In the spirit of audi alterem partem.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2021
E don do oooo

We no wan hear again.

It's now a case of he said and she said.
Even if the boy was abused will they agree?!

Make don davis abi don perignon and the mama allow us rest.

A wise person would have gathered all the evidence she needed and get justice for her son when she got the chance. Right now these people will only corner and intimidate her unless she has long legs too.

She lost every chance of having the society stand with her when she started barking like Chiwawa. It even looks like she doesn't know what exactly she wants out of the case. Asking for kumuyis head and asking for 100m. Nigeria is fugged up and this case will definitely be swept away like many others.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Rhymeyjohn: 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
The matter would soon appear in court.

We have been hearing from a single story (the mother of the victim). It's good to hear from other parties involved.

The mother claimed that her son had a broken anus. This cannot be hidden, so at this point, we can know who is lieing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by edoairways: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
It is expected for the accused to deny. He or she has to cook a story that would sound convincing. The victim's mother was running her mouth like tap hence the shutting down of her Facebook page by supposedly deeper life high school staff or their members

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Minjim: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2021
We can now hear both sides
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by zik4ever: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2021
The Akwa Ibom State Police Command, on Tuesday, began an investigation into the alleged molestation, starvation and sexual abuse of one Don Davies, a JSS1 student of Deeper Life High School, Idoro Road Uyo, by some students and management of the School.

The command assured a discreet investigation that would unravel the truth.

Recall that the mother of the boy, Deborah Archibong had raised the alarm of his 11-year-old son’s abuse, which is now trending on social media.

The video on social media caught the attention of the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, who ordered the former Commissioner of Education Mrs Enobong Mbobo to investigate the complaints and report to the government for necessary action.

Last week, International Human Right Groups waded into the matter while Akwa Ibom State Government withdrew for police to investigate the incident .

However, the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, SP Odiko Macdon in a statement on Tuesday, said the command received a petition from the victim’s mother and commenced investigations immediately.

According to the statement, “The Akwa Ibom State Police Command is in receipt of a petition by one Mrs Deborah Archibong ( 41), mother of one Don-Davis Iniobong Archibong, aged 11yrs, a student of Deeper Life High School, Idoro Road, Uyo, wherein she alleged that her son, Master Don-Davis Iniobong was inhumanly treated, sexually molested and suffered starvation, against one Mrs Ndidi Solomon (45) and three others.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Amiengheme Andrew ordered a discreet investigation into the matter and the said investigation has commenced immediately.”

He added that the CP enjoined all parties involved to exercise restraint pending the outcome of the investigation, stressing that the outcome would be made public.

Meanwhile, it was gathered that all parties involved in the matter are currently in a meeting with the CP at the State Police headquarters, Ikot Akpan Abia, at the time of filing the report.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/05/deeper-life-high-school-police-begin-investigation-into-alleged-molestation-of-11-year-old-student/

3 Likes

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Auxtin85(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2021
Were they expected to admit ?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Tbvxl: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2021
grin
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by felong(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2021
Were they expecting him to accept the charges before?

36 Likes

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Dpharisee: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2021
So their duty is to inspect the boy's Yansh after he Pooh's because he doesn't know how to clean up himself?
This cap will fit those boys

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2021
We did not bully him (Ola and I). I did not molest him. The Boarding Master, Mr Joseph Nseabasi asked us to make sure he is always clean because when he Pooh’s or Pees on himself, he doesn’t clean up. And when he smells, and we ask him if he defecated, he will say no.

“But when we ask him to pull down his boxer and bend down, we will discover that he defecated without cleaning his anus. We will now ask him to go and take his bath or clean himself. And when we notice that his clothes are smelling, we will tell him to go and wash the clothes, but he will refuse, instead, he will go and pack the smelly clothes inside his cupboard

As an ex boarding house student myself, that statement up shows the boy lacks proper home training...
We had alot of these scenarios when I was in fgc ibillo...
Even me self, even for the fact that is topped bedwetting when I was just 3yrs, my first day at secondary, I piss for bed due to too much rough play...
Many parents believe because it is a boarding school, the school will do everything for them including habits they should have inculcate in the kids from onset....
My first child stop bedwetting at just 1yr 3months same with my second child.. Na the only thing wey my wife see do be that other than that, na witch she be....
And pls, how can a 13yrs molest and eleven years? What pleasure is he going to derive in inserting fingers in his anus? Pls if this is possible, enlighten me biko, no man is an island!!!

Modified - deji still bedwets at 14yrs....
I know a lady who still bedwets at the age of 29...it took the intervention of her loving husband to stop...

27 Likes

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Pidginwhisper: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Bornsinner7: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
The truth go surely ball out.. na time
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
Who expected him to accept before? Wicked people.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
i swear last month a colleague at office tried to tribalize this saga, i shut him up reminding him this issue happened for south south, there's no way that tribe will try such nonsense there.... jezzz... is in their blood sha. they too like sex and owambe sad sad

1 Like

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Splazy(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
ok
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2021
We did not bully him (Ola and I). I did not molest him. The Boarding Master, Mr Joseph Nseabasi asked us to make sure he is always clean because when he Pooh’s or Pees on himself, he doesn’t clean up. And when he smells, and we ask him if he defecated, he will say no.

“But when we ask him to pull down his boxer and bend down, we will discover that he defecated without cleaning his anus. We will now ask him to go and take his bath or clean himself. And when we notice that his clothes are smelling, we will tell him to go and wash the clothes, but he will refuse, instead, he will go and pack the smelly clothes inside his cupboard”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Godpikin4real(f): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Before nko? I don't expect them 2 own up after all, an accused is presumed innocent until d contrary is proven.

I smell lies in Shalom's statement.

18 Likes

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by nonoski: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Wahala
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Risingblue008(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
T
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Wahala be like stories

There are ways two sides
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Nairalandwizerd(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
Wahala be like stories

There are ways two sides

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by DirtyGold: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2021
Even when caught with a smoking gun, the plead will always be "not guilty" angry
Let the court or a competent panel decide.

What's tha business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Antoeni(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2021
End time demonic Students.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by jaydeevaa(f): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2021
h
Re: Don Davis: Shalom Ominiyi Denies Ever Molesting Deeper Life Schoolboy by Yahman1(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2021
Which kian thing I go Read angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB Orders Candidates To Upload Their O'Level Results Again / An Unsolicited Guide To Writing Your 6 Month SIWES Report / Photos: Nigerian Girl Bags First Class From A UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.