Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist (12099 Views)

Enugu 2023: Traditional Leaders Insist Enugu East Should Produce Governor / Osinbajo: Why West African Leaders Insist On Civil Rule In Mali / Southeast To Buhari: Give Us IGP, Security Council Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyatz:

You don't still understand. The first thing you need is to have a strong candidate.

Name the Igbo candidate you want the voters to support in 24 months time.
You are saying Igbos don't have a strong candidate ? Lmao that's funny
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Crayfish09: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
EmekaBlue:
All these are 100 times better than Terrorism, Bandits,

Killing killings killings

That's why they will skyrocket if an Inyamuri mistakenly becomes president
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by BSdetector: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
shizzle1:
dont mind the senseless and moron_ic pigs

To them, anyone who talks about Igbo or SE presidency is IPOB. These yooorobas are a bunch of brainless nematodes

Don't worry. You have our votes
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
broadman20:

Yes for your VILLAGE, I don't doubt that!
dey dia I no get your time
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
Tareq1105:

Under which party?

I can see Umahi coming to reap where he didn't sow. E no go work. Is Umahi running away bcoz of Atiku?

South East should stay and fight for tickets under their party, Papa Deceiving Pikin bcoz APC is not available for them.
exactly
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Muna4real(f): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
This presidency rubbish will neither take nndigbo or Nigeria anywhere.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Miracle1991: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2021
Every Nigerian have the right to contest. This is the time to know whether you have build Bridges or you have destroyed your relationship with others.
Contest and let me contest. Voters will decide.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Kayrich(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
You guys don't need to panic. PDP your trusted party will give you for sure. Abi Na APC whom u hate u wanna lean on?
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Miracle1991: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2021
EmekaBlue:
I hate politics but please these men should stop all these kind of talks. It sounds like Ndi igbo tribe is begging.

Just calm down...the day igbo enter that seat... Kai,.i pity how low some people up north will become...they will go full time to shoe mending, gate men, mai ruwa, mai suya and the leaders who ate money in d past will maybe serve them almajiri style food once in a while and ofc will never climb president position ever again. So they should Enjoy It while it last
as far as we are in democracy the north will always win. They have the number.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Miracle1991: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2021
Sunnycliff:
We don't need the presidency. The North that has been ruling Nigeria, how have they fared? Insecurity, Poor Education, Almajiris, Religious fanaticism, generally poor living standards etc. Let every man go his way. Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra.

This is all we Igbos want.
God Bless MNK
why didn't you mention niger delta?
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by stev120(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
andrewmeddy8:
nobi to only make mouth � wooo
na to act,,,, beside we can't just give you ticket � on a platter of gold

"Give ticket" ? Abeg who even own the ticket ?
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
NGpatriot:
Una don forget atikulator already?

grin grin grin
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

Onu was not forced to step down, he won the APP primaries because it was zoned to the South and that was why Olusola Saraki was out of the equation then in APP. If it hadn’t been zoned to the South, Saraki would have defeated him before 2pm on that day. Onu is a paperweight then and APP had to go into alliance with AD and the consensus provided Falae.

There is actually one Igbo man stronger than Onu then in APP that should have naturally won but I think they did some magomago and handed it to Onu because they know he won’t win jack in the merger. I forgot the other man’s name.

As you would know, during those period, Onu was a paperweight then and he wouldn’t have been chosen as the flag bearer for the APP and AD merger, moreso the Northerners who are more in APP favored Falae over him.

Yorubas have contested this presidency multiple times while damning zoning and if you remember Abiola contested against a Northerner and won through the ballot.

Walahi we are not afraid to contest against a Northerner because we are equally stakeholders in the Nigeria project and not second fiddle.

You think Tinubu/Osinbajo will be scared to contest against an Atiku?

APC are only making mention of the south because according to them they made a deal in the formative days and one good turn deserves another. If Buhari remain neutral, can you tell me anyone that can defeat Tinubu political machinery in APC for the primaries?

Is it El-Rufai or who?
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by LegendHero(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Igbochief001:

Onu ex governor was paper weight ...yet same onu held app/ anpp for over 16 years ...get a life bro

lol. I already have a good life, maybe you should rather advise yourself to get one.

I only told you the reality, Onu was a paperweight then and even Onu won’t say he stood a chance to emerge then.

Chief Iwunanyanwu should have been even given then instead of him.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by LegendHero(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyatz:

Actually, the APP 1999 primaries didn't hold as scheduled but the leadership of the APP under the Late Sen Mahmud Waziri just appointed Dr Ogbonnaya Onu who was not a candidate in the botched primaries as a 'dummy' candidate to meet up INEC guildlines. The favoured candidate in the botched primaries, Dr Olushola Saraki ditched the party by supporting the PDP.

He was later replaced by Olu Falai after the conclusion of the AD/APP alliance.

Alright got you bro.

But I think they actually held it at the convention but it turned out to be inconclusive and they chose him.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by CSTRR: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kayrich:
You guys don't need to panic. PDP your trusted party will give you for sure. Abi Na APC whom u hate u wanna lean on?
There is nothing wrong if they get both tickets.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

Alright got you bro.
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

lol. I already have a good life, maybe you should rather advise yourself to get one.

I only told you the reality, Onu was a paperweight then and even Onu won’t say he stood a chance to emerge then.
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by CSTRR: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
The south east should fight for it.
It is their time.

They are more deserving of it than any of the remaining top 2 ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:
Lol.

It is no more Biafla or death?
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
Golan007:
Ibo can never be president.
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:
Lol.

It is no more Biafla or death?
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by 234four: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
Golan007:
Ibo can never be president.
[/s]
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by danilmo: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
Redcrafton:

Do you even know the parties that emerged to form APC?

How has calling Tinubu name matter? Was it Igbo leaders that called him names.

Didn't same Tinubu reject Buhari in 2003?

If nobody is stepping down than the contest should be opened to the north.

To hell with north and south rotation.

The after that there should be no quota system as the best candidates should should get the jobs and entrance into schools. cheesy

Nigeria is never designed to work, as it fraught with ambiguities. While people you will continue to shift the goal post to atisfy your greed and selfish interest.

APC has put their house in order already against 2023 though with d disguise of making the ticket open to all, the way u say north should also take it too lemme ask u who and who in North will contend for APC slot?? none of them is lobbying rather even helping APC to secure their bag for 2023 so that APC/SW can also in turn return the favour again come 2031 among the likes of Zulum, ElRufai, Ganduje and others who ll battle it.. so any attempt to let PDP/ATIKU have a field day is a lose for them.

since u guys can't beg the game changer Tinubu , then let us keep on with the unforgiving/GEJ revenge game play..
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Kyase(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
Sunnycliff:
We don't need the presidency. The North that has been ruling Nigeria, how have they fared? Insecurity, Poor Education, Almajiris, Religious fanaticism, generally poor living standards etc. Let every man go his way. Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra.

This is all we Igbos want.
God Bless MNK
I thought you are yoruba?
You are too calm to be igbo abeg.
We need DNA test on you abeg grin
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by chewwie(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyatz:

When Dave Umahi decamped to the APC to contest for the presidency, instead of the Igbos villifying him and calling him betrayer and all such unprintable names, they should have defended and rally round him to continue to pursue his presidential ambition.
I don't want a president from the Igbo region simply because he's Igbo. I want one who's qualified.
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by chewwie(m): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyatz:

In 2018 primaries of PDP and ApC different aspirants from different Geopolitical zones contested.
And who voted in those primaries?
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by chewwie(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
Unik3030:
this is where u get it wrong,lie to yourself.nobody ceeded anything to anywhere,Olu falae n obj defeated Igbo candidates in all the parties they contested.

Olu falae defeated Ogbonnaya onu or so n
obj defeated ekweme.

so it will b a southern thing,let d best candidate win.

yorubas never told d Igbos not to contest n they didn't tell parties to micro zone it to south west,they came out n defeated all opposition's so Igbos should also come out n defeat all opposition's too
Yes, Nigerian party politics is so cut and dry. Have you ever voted in any primary?
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
stev120:

"Give ticket" ? Abeg who even own the ticket ?
who dey give when you been dey ask
Re: 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist by jude90(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
manunitedbabes:
Hmmmmm nsogbu for who no get state. But plsss ohhhh...
How? Who is coming out? Brother - Brother?
Or uncle vs cousing ? Village to village? No respect for each other? No solid leaders ? Haters of themselves? How can they achieve this? Lol so what happens to our Biafra? Are we not interested again?
you see this your message is the reason why I see most of you as fools. Those clamouring for Biafra are not the ones agitating for presidency so there are not some Yoruba people that agitate for Oduduwa Republic? Does it mean that someone from Yoruba land can't vy for presidential office? I don't blame you most of you are so primitive in your thinking. Even if those agitating for biafra comes out to contest as far as you have not given them their country they have all the right to contest for any post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

21 Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram, ISWAP Fighters Clash Again In Borno / LASG Promises To Deliver Opebi-Ojota Link Bridge Project In June 2023 / APC To Senate: Petitions Can’t Stop Amaechi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.