Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

100 Rules For A Digital Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 100 Rules For A Digital Christian (465 Views)

6 Rules For New Christians / Witness Insists Synagogue Church Complied With Lagos Building Development Rules / TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 4:25am On Jan 06, 2021
WHO IS A DIGITAL CHRISTIAN?
Welcome to this series, an inspired series from God, to all His children who have access to the digital space, either via a phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, and internet connection.

Before I forget, let me wish you a Happy New Year. 2021 will be a year of enlightenment, especially on your duties as a digital Christian.

You may ask, who is a Digital Christian? In as much as you have confessed Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you have access to the resources listed above, you are a Digital Christian. You are a Christian in the digital space.

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:10

You have an identity. You bear an identity as the Children of God and you must bear this consciousness wherever you go.

We will still talk about your identity as a Digital Christian in one of the episodes, but you must understand that this identity of Christ in you makes you an ambassador for Christ on the digital sphere, thus making you a Digital Christian.

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors… 2 Cor. 5:20

As we go on in this series, let us trust God for inspiration and understanding to comprehend what he has for us throughout the 100 days.
We will meet again tomorrow. Till then, remember you are an ambassador of Christ on the digital sphere. You are a Digital Christian.

Note!
• Once you are a Christian, and you are digital, you are a Digital Christian
• You have an identity.
See you tomorrow!

Re: 100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 4:27am On Jan 06, 2021
RULE 2
YOU SHOULD BE DIGITAL AS A CHRISTIAN

I thought of using “You must…” but I prefer “You Should…”
As a Christian, you should be digital. Gone are the days where our fathers saw the digital sphere as a place where iniquity abounded. You should be digital.

Paul was so passionate about souls, he mentioned that he would do everything to make sure people were saved.

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 1 Cor. 9:22-23

If Paul lives in this era, he would have maximized the digital sphere for the sake of the gospel. If you should be digital as a Christian just for a purpose, it should be for the sake of the Gospel.

You might say, “I am digital”. I have digital resources. We will delve into the use as times goes on.
If you are online and you are wondering if you are right being on the digital sphere, you are right being digital. Note that!

The points you should bear in mind are;
Why am I online as a Christian?
What is my role as a digital Christian?

Note
• Being online as a Christian is the right thing to do
• Being digital should first be for the sake of the Gospel

See You Tomorrow!

Re: 100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 4:29am On Jan 06, 2021
3 of 100 Rules of a Digital Christian
UNDERSTAND THE DIGITAL WORLD

...Wisdom profiteth in all things... Ecc. 10:10

The digital world is different from the physical world. When I say Digital World, I am not talking about Social Media only. The digital world includes our devices, internet world, social media inclusive.

The words you speak physically are the words you type digitally. The words you hear physically are the words you see digitally.

Meanwhile, you must understand the holistic digital sphere. Some may ask, should I always talk about Jesus every time on the digital sphere? No! but make sure you become an example to the world through your conduct and speech (1 Tim. 4:12).

Understand Social Media, what each of the platforms are meant for. Facebook is a community based platform. Instagram deals with visual contents meanwhile, Twitter is a discussion platform. Others include LinkedIn, a professional platform for business and career individuals, Pinterest, Tik Tok etc.
Most likely, we all have been using these digital platforms before now, what we need to do is to examine our usage and make it right. It is not compulsory to be on all platforms if you don’t have a purpose there.

Before you go digital as a Christian understand the digital world. Understand each social media platform, make sure you are using the right platform with the right purpose.

Note:
• Understand the digital world before you go digital
• Have a purpose for going digital

Action Point
• Examine your digital platforms, check whether you are on the right platform for the right purpose

Re: 100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 8:05am On Jan 19, 2021
UNDERSTAND YOUR ROLE AS A BELIEVER IN THE DIGITAL SPHERE
(Rule 4 of 100 Rules For A Digital Christian)

We have been assigned just one role in the digital sphere; to show forth the praises of him who has called us out of darkness into His marvellous light.

You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matt. 5:14

I was told a story during my service in Kebbi at our Bible Study.

The story was about a young man who had the opportunity to shine his light to his friends but because he didn't, his light was dimmed by the darkness around.

I can boldly say we believers have not been doing well on the digital sphere. The call to be light on earth does not exclude the digital sphere and because we are not fulfilling our obligation, we have been unequally yoked with unbelievers online.

• Your role in the digital world is to shine the light of Christ.
• Let people see God glorified through your conversations.
• Let your conversation edify people.
• Do not follow unholy trends, it corrupts the mind and sows a seed of sin
• Be an example to believers and unbelievers online in speech and conduct

As the series continues, we will shed more light on many of these online conducts. But what I want you to take home today is this; Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, your role on the digital sphere is to shine the light of Him who has called you out of darkness into marvellous light.

When you don’t understand your role in the digital sphere, you end up acting to the script of the devil.

Action Point
Ask yourself these question
• Have I been fulfilling my assignment on the digital sphere?

Re: 100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2021
UNDERSTAND YOU ARE TO DECREASE THAT JESUS MAY INCREASE
(5 of 100 Rules For A Digital Christian)

He must increase, but I must decrease. Jn. 3:30

This was John’s confession but it should be the aim of every believer. We should aim at advancing the kingdom of God. Wherever you go, just make sure that He increases and you decrease.

Whatever your goal online is, know that Jesus must increase thereof. Whatever you do that does not allow Jesus to increase, should be checked by you.

That trend you are following on Twitter, if Christ in you is decreasing because of its influence, then you must back off.

The Facebook group you belong to, if what you discuss there is conflicting with the Spirit of God in you, you should reexamine your purpose of membership in the group.

Any time you engage in online discussions, maybe politics, career, business, entertainment, lifestyle and so on, make sure your discussion is aimed at making Jesus increase that you may decrease.

Disassociate yourself totally from whatever you do that diminishes Christ in you.

One main goal of the devil is to make sure Jesus decreases in us. The digital sphere can a major tool in doing that.

We must not fulfil the agenda of the devil, instead, we must establish the agenda of Christ in the digital sphere.

We discussed the role of believers in the digital sphere in the last rule and I must say that in order for you to be successful in your role in the digital sphere, decrease and let Jesus increase in whatever you do.

Action Point
• Examine the community and trends you follow online if whatever they do does not increase Jesus in you, disassociate yourself from it.

Re: 100 Rules For A Digital Christian by Oluwaseuncephas(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2021
MAKE SURE YOU GAIN MORE FOLLOWERS FOR CHRIST
(6 of 100 Rules for a Digital Christian)

“I have made you known to those you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me... John 17:6 GNB. Jesus' confession.

Blessed are you when men follow you for the cause of the gospel. The digital world has given man an ability to connect with millions over the globe.

Engagements with individuals, many countries apart, can be created and sustained. Online communication and interactions are being emphasized. It is very difficult to ascertain the number of people that are connected to you one way or the other, but you can be sure that there is at least one person that is emulating your actions.

We live in an era where one out of ten individuals possesses social media accounts on different platforms. But, we should ask ourselves, ‘what is the main purpose of creating these accounts? Why are we desperate to have more followers, more likes, more clicks, more engagements on our posts?’

Ability to understand these questions redefines the purpose for which you have occupied the digital sphere. Think about this, for every follower you acquire, you have the ability to influence the individual's thinking. For every view you get for a post, someone has digested its content.

Inasmuch as you are promoting your business, your brand, your possessions, or whatever it is you post often about, give Christ a chance. As a

Christian in the digital world, you are called to reconcile men to God, utilizing every opportunity that you have. The great commission is an assignment that we should bear at heart, seeking to fulfil it at all cost.

For what reasons have men decided that you are worth following? If you have followers, then I can refer to you as a Leader. Where are you leading men to? Are you leading men to God, or you're leading them to yourself? What is it that people view on your timeline that initiates their decision to follow your path? Lead men to Christ, or don't lead them at all.

After gaining so many followers and adding many friends on your platforms, what have you decided to feed them? For every post you make, there is at least one person whose mind can be influenced by virtue of the post's content. Why have you decided to grow your fan base?

If your priority is not RM4J (Reaching More For Jesus), then priorities have been misplaced. Promote your business, promote your brand, promote your career, but give Jesus a chance.

Action Point:
• Ask yourself, have I been leading people to me or Christ?

(1) (Reply)

Year 2021 Revelation And Propphecies By Pastor Toye Ebijomore / Daddy Adeboye And Mummy Adeboye Love Story / Prophecy! God Has Promise To Take Ruling Away From Nigeria Government If!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.