Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? (17453 Views)

The Most Expensive Gift You Ever Given The Opposite Sex? / Ladies What's The Most Expensive Gift You've Ever Received From A Male? / What's The Most Expensive Gift Your Girlfriend Has Ever Gotten You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
Thinkherbell:
If i love a man, I wouldn't look at any rich person twice. No matter how rich the person is.

Sounds plain , bt still cnfusing to me
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Aksnoopy: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
asdfjklhaha:

Many guys are like that especially the broke ones, you will say with them, encourage them, support them, even lend them money you don't have, yet that will never be happy for you when good things come your way, they want. They see suffering as a way of proving to them that you love them. Even hanging out with anyone becomes a problem, honestly dating toxic guys is terrible. You can run mad with stress. Thank God I'm free.
keep quiet! It's a good thing he left you. You Nigerian girls mentally is absurd.
A sensible girl will never accept a Greek gift nor hangout with different guys.
Your boyfriend isn't toxic, he is just a sensible human.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
asdfjklhaha:

Many guys are like that especially the broke ones, you will say with them, encourage them, support them, even lend them money you don't have, yet that will never be happy for you when good things come your way, they want. They see suffering as a way of proving to them that you love them. Even hanging out with anyone becomes a problem, honestly dating toxic guys is terrible. You can run mad with stress. Thank God I'm free.
THANK GOD U ARE FREE

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Pegi23(f): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
If I reject the gift make i die see ehh bobo no go know at all.. someone should gift me a private jet na � or 38m building. Or 5m as thanks for being cute gift or bae come over to new Zealand and work then process your admission (this country hard oo).
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nazgul:

Depends on the gift bro...if it's something you need, you'll definitely use it.
Leave her/him biko. To talk is easy
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by t00dugged(f): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
Akuruoulo:
100% TRUE
I am surprised a guy agrees to this.
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Why is it an "either/or" situation? Will receiving a gift from an admirer make me think less of the person I'm with or what?

Worth doesn't matter as much as its intention from my lover... Same for an admirer - just a slight difference. If it's TOO expensive, then I'm not taking it. It'll leave me feeling indebted. If it's not and the admirer gave of their will (I don't care for whatever motive), I WON'T feel indebted or be tricked into feeling so. You gave me the gift, and I'm going use and enjoy it freely till its last.

I can't put myself in a place where I'll constantly have to be checking if I'm hurting people with what I do or say or receive or give and...

Also, gifts can sometimes be expressions of friendliness and appreciation, etc. I don't attached much negativity and distrust to it.
BRAINS
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by IgOga(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin

The admirer is not giving you a gift. It's a bribe!

Ecclesiastes 7:7 "...bribe corrupts the heart "

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by IgOga(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin

The admirer is not giving you a gift. It's a bribe!

Ecclesiastes 7:7 "...and a bribe corrupts the heart "
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
I am surprised a guy agrees to this.
I ALWAYS STAND FOR THE TRUTH SIS.
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by t00dugged(f): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
Akuruoulo:
I ALWAYS STAND FOR THE TRUTH SIS.
Good to know.
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
Godpikin4real:
An old friend of mine would tell me she doesn't reject gifts. Well, for me, if I like d admirer beta dan d lover boi, I'd simply accept.
I CNCUR MA
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
Good to know.
Thanx ma
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyinella:
I doubt consider anything my lover gives me as cheap, it doesn't matter what it is
I love what u said sis. I hope its nt just said

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by orlaglobal234: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Thinkherbell:
If i love a man, I wouldn't look at any rich person twice. No matter how rich the person is.

You're lie oo madam
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by orlaglobal234: 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
felong:

Your boyfriend is very childish, that you are broke doesn't mean you should frown at your girlfriend when people try to show her care. Such guy will block your progress because of his selfish ego, it's a good thing you left him.
Oga don't talk like that in relationship what Mr A can take Mr B may not take it you gat to understand that men we jealous modern women because majority of women are not straight forward so don't blame de guy
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by fineboynl(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
I find the comments of people here very funny. If a man gifts me an expensive lingerie I will definitely turn it down , in reality it does boil down to the kind of gift.

Who say e like suffer head ,good for am ,I cant turn down a car gift or millions of money just to soothe the ego of some man ,only on the condition that the lover can get me same or more than. Who nor like better thing? undecided
that's why you can easily switch your man for good life. I only pity guys that fall deep love to women because love doesn't exist in women as they can be easily bought.
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
I hope you know that behind every gift there is a motive. Your rich Admirer will eventually get what he/she truly wants from you one day !

Op,you must have heard or read about the unfortunate story of Tunde Thomas. I can bet you it started with expensive gifts nonsense like this. It always ends in premium tiers.

Be contented with what your true Lover can afford and don't even look the way of any rich Admirer with ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by felong(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
Pegi23:
If I reject the gift make i die see ehh bobo no go know at all.. someone should gift me a private jet na � or 38m building. Or 5m as thanks for being cute gift or bae come over to new Zealand and work then process your admission (this country hard oo).
You won't make a good wife.

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by t00dugged(f): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
fineboynl:
that's why you can easily switch your man for good life. I only pity guys that fall deep love to women because love doesn't exist in women as they can be easily bought.
lol, and love exists with men?. Men don't accept gifts from women because their ego is stopping them not out of loyalty to their partner ,let's be clear on that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by felong(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nuttella:
I don't accept gifts anyhow, some gifts might have spiritual GPS to monitor my life. Fear people.
Are you living in the village?
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by t00dugged(f): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
felong:

You won't make a good wife.
How typical.

Definition of a good wife by Nigerian standard: a good wife is someone who stops chasing her dreams, who puts everyone first including her in-laws before her needs ,who takes care of her home before herself,who is more selfless than jesus christ ,who is ready to suffer poverty with her man,who is willing to go through more than the trials and tribulations jesus christ went through ,infact a good wife should be ready to die on the cross for her marriage. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Aksnoopy:
keep quiet! It's a good thing he left you. You Nigerian girls mentally is absurd.
A sensible girl will never accept a Greek gift nor hangout with different guys.
Your boyfriend isn't toxic, he is just a sensible human.
Am not the cause of your frustration stop throwing it at me
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by orlaglobal234: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
I don't give anything to any Admirer because how many admirer give gift and beside who admirer help I can't give any lady gift without looking for return except casual girl friend and that's why I don't have any girl/lady as casual friend
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by pocohantas(f): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
lol, and love exists with men?. Men don't accept gifts from women because their ego is stopping them not out of loyalty to their partner ,let's be clear on that.

You done overdose on the pink-pill. grin grin
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by t00dugged(f): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
pocohantas:

You done overdose on the pink-pill. grin grin

my sister nor be any pill o. It's a fact even from the comment of guys here one can deduce it . I don't need any pill to point out the obvious
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by felong(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
How typical.

Definition of a good wife by Nigerian standard: a good wife is someone who stops chasing her dreams, who puts everyone first including her in-laws before her needs ,who takes care of her home before herself,who is more selfless than jesus christ ,who is ready to suffer poverty with her man,who is willing to go through more than the trials and tribulations jesus christ went through ,infact a good wife should be ready to die on the cross for her marriage. grin grin grin
Nope the definition is someone who gives her word and stand by it. If you have a guy, he definitely isn't the richest or most handsome or most intelligent in the world, others will come, if you dump him for other better then him, how many more will u keep dumping before you realise that you have become a failure in life? It has nothing to do with suffering and poverty it's all about your integrity

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Godpikin4real(f): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Smiles.
Quiet poetic u know.
Originalsly:

grin grin ....I had my eyes on you... but I drive a Toyota ... an old one... that can sooo easily be overtaken ....... even by Innoson!
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by pocohantas(f): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
my sister nor be any pill o. It's a fact even from the comment of guys here one can deduce it . I don't need any pill to point out the obvious

Don’t mind me. Since the guys say their own is red, I decided to play around with colours. Yes it is more about ego for men. Same men that’ll reject gifts would willingly accept knacks. The latter fuels the ego, the former doesn’t.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by WantsandMore: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
Thinkherbell:

Women say "A." and acts the opposite, don't let a woman game. Sty onto ur game gents.
Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by fineboynl(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
t00dugged:
how would you father feel and even you and your siblings if your mom drive home with a mercedes benz and told you all that a man gift it to her?

1 Like

Re: Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover? by Seyzcham91(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
hmmm! i see! undecided kiss

na wetin you dey tell us for here be that sha
chewwie:
I don't accept gifts because I hate being indebted to someone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Makes A Relationship Last Long? / 8 Qualities Of Vagina That Drives Men Crazy. / I Think My Girlfriend Is Tired Of Me. I Love Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.