Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising (42041 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / FG Urges Citizens To Link NIN To SIM Without Delay / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by carbony4red(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nigeria government is just clueless ,can u imagine my registered sim with NIN got lost (I mean d sim I always use to retrieve my NIN) and got to MTN office for sim swap and I was told my sim has not been linked with any NIN before.

Pure Bullshit
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by lekki1444: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
Blessedjoseph:
What happens to foreigners that doesn't have NIN what will they do
oil dey ya head
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Destinylink(m): 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2021
skyblueking:
More questions arising o.

The name used to register my Sim is slightly different from the one I used for my NIN.
What the solution to that?

What about my friend who bought a pre-registered Sim?

Hmmm! We are in the same boat o.
So, how can this problem be rectified my people?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by millionboi2: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
naijadrivablog:
One of the latest policies is to add (or harmonise) National Identity Number to our SIM card registrations. First, they gave an unrealistic deadline but extended it to March 2021.

While this is good to curb insecurity and/or check crime and other things, the exercise is already raising more questions than answers are provided, which are:

1. What happens to Mr Ade Nwosu Hassan whose full name reflected on his NIN but whose SIM card was registered with Ade Nwosu? My neighbor is in this group of persons. He went to his network provider and he was asked to go back to NIMC to remove any name that is not in his SIM registration.

Shouldn't it it be a case where since there is no error or incomplete name of the subscriber from NIN, the network providers, who seem to be clueless as to what to do, add the full name of the subscriber to his registration (an update), since his biometrics and picture can be verified?

2. SIM cards registered in Company lines. My friend has a business where they use CUG lines so as to make cheap calls and other benefits that comes with it. He has over 30 staff and each CUG line is registered to his company and not the staff. What happens since Companies don't have NIN, let alone several NIN to register all the lines registered to it? Will those lines go dormant?

3. What happens to those whose NIN registrations has one error or another? For Example, I know someone whose name is "Adejoh Yusuf" but was mispelt as "Adejh Yusuf" You know that his NIN can't be verified as there would be discrepancies.

As at today, the Telecom companies have no clear cut information as to how to resolve some issues related to linking NIN to SIM cards yet. They keep redirecting people to NIMC, even when there may be no need. Remember that NIMC and other authorised bodies would be under immense pressure this period. And the newly created NIMC app my not resolve some issues like error correction etc. I even know someone whose NIN number on his NIN slip doesn't work but when he dials a code to get it from NIMC, another (correct) code pops up.

Thank goodness an app was launched by FG but some issues need one to be physically present at NIMC to resolve.

What is your challenge so far?
I'm.not border,thy must Allow possession of new sims,if not network providers will suffer it.

And if dat holds,I will get myself a new sim
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by mrsage(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
I'm not interested in this NIN registration for now. Nothing will happen to disobedient children like me
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by pyrex23(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Do Americans link their social security numbers to SIM cards?

Do Brits have to link their NI numbers to SIM cards?

Yet,

Nigerian government mandates it's citizens to link their NINs to SIM cards.

A democratic nation.. truly one of its kind.. hmm
Interesting.

First of all so you think american's SSN isn't linked to their numbers?

2ndly must we copy?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Ibelearner: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
naijadrivablog:
One of the latest policies is to add (or harmonise) National Identity Number to our SIM card registrations. First, they gave an unrealistic deadline but extended it to March 2021.

While this is good to curb insecurity and/or check crime and other things, the exercise is already raising more questions than answers are provided, which are:

1. What happens to Mr Ade Nwosu Hassan whose full name reflected on his NIN but whose SIM card was registered with Ade Nwosu? My neighbor is in this group of persons. He went to his network provider and he was asked to go back to NIMC to remove any name that is not in his SIM registration.

Shouldn't it it be a case where since there is no error or incomplete name of the subscriber from NIN, the network providers, who seem to be clueless as to what to do, add the full name of the subscriber to his registration (an update), since his biometrics and picture can be verified?

2. SIM cards registered in Company lines. My friend has a business where they use CUG lines so as to make cheap calls and other benefits that comes with it. He has over 30 staff and each CUG line is registered to his company and not the staff. What happens since Companies don't have NIN, let alone several NIN to register all the lines registered to it? Will those lines go dormant?

3. What happens to those whose NIN registrations has one error or another? For Example, I know someone whose name is "Adejoh Yusuf" but was mispelt as "Adejh Yusuf" You know that his NIN can't be verified as there would be discrepancies.

As at today, the Telecom companies have no clear cut information as to how to resolve some issues related to linking NIN to SIM cards yet. They keep redirecting people to NIMC, even when there may be no need. Remember that NIMC and other authorised bodies would be under immense pressure this period. And the newly created NIMC app my not resolve some issues like error correction etc. I even know someone whose NIN number on his NIN slip doesn't work but when he dials a code to get it from NIMC, another (correct) code pops up.

Thank goodness an app was launched by FG but some issues need one to be physically present at NIMC to resolve.

Laalas na to use simcardless� phone
Na that wan go sure� pass just wishing 0

Nigeria my country!
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
GerraMeh74:
Get out if you can, Nigeria is a big mess..... I have been struggling to Harmonize the data on my Driver's License with that on the NIN... It's just so frustrating. Last last the said i should submit some documents to do a date of birth correction with FRSC that may take as long as nobody knows... Nigeria has failed.
Why bother?
Instead of renewal, just do a completely new drivers license. Worse case you can move names around - surname first or last, add middle names etc
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Didi2d(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
Pautacfm:
Tried opening the app with my NIN, but, the number I used during registration is no longer mine. These people want 15k to change data for you. Buhari why na

The same issue with me, glo recycled my number and sold to another.
The funny thing, that number has been my whatshapp number all the while. So while I use it for WhatsApp, some else uses it for calls

This is my ever first line, got 2002 and it's to my Bvn and nin
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by oladimeji2me: 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
I work with a bank in POS unit, my question now is that all the sim cards the bank make used of for the functionality of the pos terminals. What will happen to them?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Anonymous0147: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Anyone that thinks about this NIN nonsense doesn't have better things to think about
People that won't be able to link the nin to their sims are so many especially elderly people, to do the NIMC registration now is almost impossible cuz the stupid officials at the centers are using it for fundraising waiting for them to block my sim cuz I'm not going to even try and link it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by OSASBOI: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
this whole idea is so stupid and whack, its effort in futility, it shows a Government in disarray. i have been in the UK for some time now, the SIM i am using is not even registered, I bought it and start using it immediately, insecurity has nothing to do with individual registration of phone lines, combating crime through telecom is a business of secret service agents with or without the service provider full involvement in some cases. our lazy Government wants to stroll leisurely to people's home and say "your line was use to make so nd so call, you are under arrest" what nonsense?
over 8 months here, Only twice i have come across police officers on duty, mind you they have them in numbers, but you don't see them roaming aimlessly weirding rifles, and the whole atmosphere is just as calm. the reason for this, is nothing other than a very hard working set of Government officials, creating enabling environment for the citizens. in Nigeria reverse is the case, the masses work for the lazy Government officials to feed fat. it will never be well with Nigeria Government officials who are hell bent on sinking the country.

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by eazycliq: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
This is not something I should have shared online. But for any person that sees it,Kudos!
If you are a serious minded person, you should start making over 20k every weekly on propays after this.
You can start today with a one time registration fee of 1500 OR 2000 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by KushLyon(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
Johncuppa:

Lol! Inherited sim ni yen
grin
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by pagorino(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
I wanna ask on behalf of a foreign colleague that works here in Nigeria but doesn't have NIN due to the fact that he isn't a Nigerian. How does he go about it cos he doesn't have NIN and they use local lines while in Nigeria.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by majorstarlee: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
When one misplaces a simcard, we all know that after a while, the network providers give that same number to someone else. How will such situation be handled now as regards this NIN linking? Will the new user go link the number that has already been linked previously to an old user's NIN or he'll continue usage from where the last user stopped without having to link again?

#NIGERIA MY KWANTRI, we've now moved to ze ozza room embarassed
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by durablekudu: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
Available for sale call or whatsapp 08068218653

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by koolbe(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
How about car trackers that work with sim cards ?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by pagorino(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
What happens when a foreigner doesn't have NIN but works here in Nigeria and use the various brand Sims for communication?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Softgamer: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
skyblueking:
More questions arising o.

The name used to register my Sim is slightly different from the one I used for my NIN.
What the solution to that?

What about my friend who bought a pre-registered Sim?

aburo people are talking of real issues here u are casting yourself. ok na go mtn and tell them it s preregistered and tell me what they told u/ i bet you will be writng your next reply from kiri kiri. its like a drug baron that goes to a police station to say his cocain was stolen
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by phr0nesis(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:
have you registered for NIN or you get coconut head like me? grin ..

meanwhile how about person like me that like giving fake details when registering sim, my name for sim card no tally atall with my real name, what is my fate na?
Omo we plenty o. Non of my 3 SIMs has my name

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by gboyetade: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
Negotiate with the person now
Didi2d:

The same issue with me, glo recycled my number and sold to another.
The funny thing, that number has been my whatshapp number all the while. So while I use it for WhatsApp, some else uses it for calls

This is my ever first line, got 2002 and it's to my Bvn and nin
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Softgamer: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:

meanwhile how about person like me that like giving fake details when registering sim, my name for sim card no tally atall with my real name, what is my fate na?
me and u dey the same table o. lol. the only correct info on my simcard na my face

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Softgamer: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
abdulskulboy:
Its clear that they didn't reason for a pros and cons before going on with this idea. Those GSM network companies re not fools. 50% of Nigerians will get their sim blocked including me that bought my MTN sim card and registered it personally with my name, all to login to MyMTNAPP to see different name...
so u can login on mtn app to see name?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by donbrowser(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Johncuppa:
Whichever discrepancy this thing is just needed to curb insecurity.
A lady here just lost all the money in her account after her phone was stolen, and a sim was used to buy card with the money.

The rate of cyber fraud in our days is alarming, and a step like this is needed asap.
You are very silly. How does linking your NIN to phone number curb such crimes ?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Nielbaba(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2021
I have the nimc plastic card ,expired In June last year , the document number start with 9 while the one I retrieved from network provider starts with 1.i checked out the bin/nimc app , after confirming all my details , I saw another person's passport photograph showing on my details oo ��
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
kikikki

They can block the sim if they want to.

Man must to survive.

Dictatorship era

kikikiikikikiki

They know what they're doing

Kikikikikikki
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by mzeepositive: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
THIEF THEIF THEIF
THIS GUY WITH DIS NUMBER
Data Sell: 0043467599
Asomugha ifeanyi onyebuchi
Access bank
Do let me know when you are done
THIS GUY POSTING AS A DATA SELLER IS A THEIF

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Rushna27(f): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
I no kuku get NIN.... anything dey wan do make dem do... who dem benefit before.. Mtcheeeeeewwwww
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by cassyrooy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
What about people wey port their lines nko?

I've tried linking my ported line on the app but it failed to receive otp while others have been verified on the app.

And I no wan hear story for that line wey I port o.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by ubrend: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
Someone7:
Another DUMBASS policy by this administration. How does this benefit anyone? Imagine the hours people have WASTED. Queueing for NIN. Who advises these idiots for goodness sake?

If you ask them they'll say it's for "security". What have they done about the actual security challenges - kidnapping, banditry, Bobo haram, Nigerian Police and others?

It's sad that another new year only shows us how incompetent this president and his goons are. We're still waiting for ONE (ONE!) single policy which benefits Nigerians.
You said my mind, question is would this also stop or curb covid 19 player from scoring, insensitive policy yet they anticipate lockdown
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Harrykn: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:

I'll be answering too much questions when I get there. E just tire me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! / Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.