Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising (42069 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / FG Urges Citizens To Link NIN To SIM Without Delay / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Temptee101(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
blinking001:
[s]Just do your registration and stop asking questions. [/s]

Nobi your fault, na sense you no just get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by arsenal444(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:
have you registered for NIN or you get coconut head like me? grin ..

meanwhile how about person like me that like giving fake details when registering sim, my name for sim card no tally atall with my real name, what is my fate na?
Your own case worst pass Covid-19

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by enoch273: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Apart from this being an eye opener, you mentioned really salient points. With how hard nigeria has slipped into recession, the only possible outcome out of this is to save, and with i-nest you can grow your savings daily. visit the link on my signature to get started.

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Coinbased: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Oh
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Malawian(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
The more pressing issue is people registering their sim with other people's NIM. I understand those who did BVN a certain time (like i did) also had NIM generated for them automatically. Problem now is, the sim i was using then was stolen many years ago and i decided against retrieving it. Now if that sim was reissued by the telecoms company, the person who uses the sim now can actually use my NIM (with my details) to register his sim. I will then be held accountable over a sim card i am not using. Nigeria is not a place for sane minds. those who formulate policies here no get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by ibietela2(m): 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Do Americans link their social security numbers to SIM cards?

Do Brits have to link their NI numbers to SIM cards?

Yet,

Nigerian government mandates it's citizens to link their NINs to SIM cards.

A democratic nation.. truly one of its kind.. hmm
Interesting.

During registration we used our phone number for NIN
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Tango123: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
capatainrambo:
Nigeria govt keep churning out stupid policies.

Now that I'm not in the country ... so they will block my sim now abi ?

Beautiful question

Why cant they use the international passport of those in diaspora to develop NIN
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Jumest92: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
Please help a brother oooo..... Have been trying to locate the 11 digit number on plastic id card, could not get it.... Please help ooo
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by visijo(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Softgamer:
me and u dey the same table o. lol. the only correct info on my simcard na my face
lol chai thank God no be only me
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by GMBuhari: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
capatainrambo:

Been saying that for a while now

Maybe it's time to protest this NIN stupidity

If the idiots didn't embezzle the nimc money in the first place Nigerians probably would have gotten 98% registration

Imagine having to wait 3 months just to confirm your registration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by visijo(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
STINOS:
what's your reason for giving out fake details?
too much registering of sims, it won't make sense to using same name before the operators will be like you again..
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by visijo(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
phr0nesis:

Omo we plenty o. Non of my 3 SIMs has my name
yours worse oo, lol but how go do na?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by phr0nesis(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:
yours worse oo, lol but how go do na?
Omo I don leave my SIM fate to the gods

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by sowilli: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
What’s the essence of having a passport? Why can’t NIN be your passport number. Why can’t NIMC be under immigration? You just have leaders who can’t sit and think well... simple. Country of anyhowness
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by naijadrivablog: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
mradjoy:
Does it mean that network providers won't be able to resell my line to someone else even after I've abandoned the line for several months because my NIN has been linked with my line?

Another valid question.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by doubleportion: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
The so called app is giving error messages after putting NIN numbers
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by abdulskulboy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
arabmoney14:

Same with me oo. Is yours slightly different or they are entirely different names
Completely different, not even close. I guess they registered it before selling it to me and then do me AUDIO registration.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by nawaah: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
naijadrivablog:

While this is good to curb insecurity and/or check crime and other things, the exercise is already raising more questions than answers are provided, which are:

No, there's no way this can help in the insecurity in the country. It will actually make it more difficult to track the terrorists, since they'll opt for other stealth means of communication.

They could choose satellite phones or get SIM from other countries and roam it or use virtual numbers, which is everywhere online. Example; you can get WhatsApp phone number for any country at www.cardswe.com and chat plus make calls via encrypted WhatsApp server that even WhatsApp said they can't access it.

Pantami and the army generals are very naive and ignorant of available means of communications today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by abdulskulboy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
Softgamer:
so u can login on mtn app to see name?
Yes sure... You will your full name.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Noah13: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
vivaciousvivi:

My company has the exact issue with a few lines given to senior management staff (one of them is a foreigner without BVN) . These weren't even on CUG. We were asked to get our CAC etc and submit to each network provider. Later they each came back to us claiming that they didn't know what to do for now and we should all wait and hear from the FGN.

Another issue are sims inside GPS tracking devices of which we have over 30 as we are in the logistics business. Everyone is acting dumb. We are just fed up.
They clear didn't look at this from all angles. Just take a look at the embarrassment. Nobody should ever take a government who asks it citizens to link their NIN to SIM cards in two weeks or risk having those SIM cards blocked.

2 Likes

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by OctoberEleven: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
enoch273:
Apart from this being an eye opener, you mentioned really salient points. With how hard nigeria has slipped into recession, the only possible outcome out of this is to save, and with i-nest you can grow your savings daily. visit the link on my signature to get started.
What's the difference between this iNEST and plain old leaving the money in my savings account?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Ennyholar: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Everyone should get their NIN. Meanwhile has you get registered for NIN it's equally important you get an iNest saving account from FCMB. You get up to 10 interest on your savings.

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by chigo245: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
blinking001:
Just do your registration and stop asking questions.
the just registration is now 5k.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by corpershun: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
durablekudu:
Available for sale call or whatsapp 08068218653

How much
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by mclorenzo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Etizz:
What if I have not register my sim but when I checked by dialing the code given, NIN number popped out....can I use that one?
You can't use it. Your Sim card is definitely recycled and that NIN belongs to someone else
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by 400billionman: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
capatainrambo:

No mind them.

Their men who kidnapped Kankara school boys, they settled them and they let them go. Inefficient service chiefs, they can't sack. For how many years, they can't find Boko sponsors.

People fighting Insecurity.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Zicco333(m): 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nigeria government and confusion are like 5&6
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by saintruky(m): 1:04am On Jan 07, 2021
This NIN to sim thing nor go work... FG just was use am derail our mind from d rubbish them dey do... All na form of distraction...
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Johncuppa(m): 2:51am On Jan 07, 2021
donbrowser:

You are very silly. How does linking your NIN to phone number curb such crimes ?
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by successtutor(m): 3:53am On Jan 07, 2021
visijo:
have you registered for NIN or you get coconut head like me? grin ..

meanwhile how about person like me that like giving fake details when registering sim, my name for sim card no tally atall with my real name, what is my fate na?

Be as if you're not alone. Network providers go block sim tire .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.