Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,478 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18178 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by foxxydude: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by foxxydude: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

1. Honda
2. Accord
3. 2004
4. automatic
5. V6 3.0
6. petrol
7. coolant and transmission fluid mix, i parked the vehicle for 2 months. What do I do?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by MrWalban(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
Toyota
Camry 2012 SE
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol

Issue: Check engine light with error code P2238 and P2195. I have changed o2 sensor, air flow meter (advised by mandilas). But a local Rewire is telling me the error has been registered on the brainbox until I change it before it can be cleared away. Any advise sir
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by och12(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Terrence99: 3:44am On Sep 03, 2021
MrWalban:
Toyota
Camry 2012 SE
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol

Issue: Check engine light with error code P2238 and P2195. I have changed o2 sensor, air flow meter (advised by mandilas). But a local Rewire is telling me the error has been registered on the brainbox until I change it before it can be cleared away. Any advise sir

After fixing the car, you are supposed to use an OBD scanner to erase check engine light. It resets it and if the light comes up again, you scan to check if it's the same fault or a different fault.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cooleo(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello Cardoctor,

Lexus
Es 300
Automatic
6 cylinders
Petrol

Issues: Car has a rough idling and delayed throttle response. Hard starting is experienced only when I buy fuel. Upon scanning, only the o2 censor came up. I have changed fuel pump and fuel filter but symptoms persist. I read up online and my attention was drawn to the evap canister beneath the tank but I'll like to hear from your experienced hand. Pls help.

Thank you
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2021
cooleo:
Hello Cardoctor,

Lexus
Es 300
Automatic
6 cylinders
Petrol

Issues: Car has a rough idling and delayed throttle response. Hard starting is experienced only when I buy fuel. Upon scanning, only the o2 censor came up. I have changed fuel pump and fuel filter but symptoms persist. I read up online and my attention was drawn to the evap canister beneath the tank but I'll like to hear from your experienced hand. Pls help.

Thank you

Post the code
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cooleo(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Dozieson:

Post the code

P2241
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2021
cooleo:

P2241

https://www.nairaland.com/1487612/club-lexus/20#33875212

Follow this thread careful, you will see it is common with Lexus. Try checking your A/F sensor as stated by gazzuzz. He is one of the best around. Kingreign could also be of help. Search their details and call them if need be
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cooleo(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2021
Dozieson:

https://www.nairaland.com/1487612/club-lexus/20#33875212

Follow this thread careful, you will see it is common with Lexus. Try checking your A/F sensor as stated by gazzuzz. He is one of the best around. Kingreign could also be of help. Search their details and call them if need be

Ok bro, thanks a bunch
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by obi58: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
Honda Accord 2011 4 plugs
Transmission issue.

Gear selector on dashboard is not active. Also,even though the gearbox has been changed, we still have a problem of the gear not shifting once it gets to gear 3 that is to say that the gear shifts normally from gear 1 to 3 but once you get to gear three it does not up shift.

What could possibly be the problem?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Neaman(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2021
Omo, my own na hob/bear, I've practically changed both the complete hob/ replacing the bearing 8times.
The thing keeps failing.
I don give up.
Eod 4cylinder.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by ibbkiddsx: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2021
Hello cardoctor

Toyota
4runner
Automatic
V8
Petrol
Issues: I noticed for sometime now that when I am turning my steering wheel especially when driving I hear a humming sound. But the main issue is that when the vehicle is stationary and I tried to turn the steering wheel, it will be hard. I have to be using force to turn it especially when trying to park the vehicle. Kindly help me out.

Thank you
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Sagaciousd1: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2021
Hi Good People,
My Honda 2008 (Evil Spirit) won't start till the third time of starting. This comes with a key blinking icon on dashboard which disappears once the car starts. I took it to Oyingbo and some suckets where changed, fuel pumped cleaned and a sensor in the crankshaft also cleaned but still didn't work. I initially changed my car keys thinking the sensor in the key was faulty. I need your advise
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Venus300: 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
Pls I have a Rx330
There is no current on the EFi no2 fuse
And it controls the check and battery light on the dash..
I tried to power it with a small wire from the EFi no1 fuse and the car started but I need to know how to fix the issue of the lack of current in EFi no2 fuse
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by teeboy03(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello cardoctor,

Toyota camry 2005 automatic.

Noticed check car engine came up on the dashboard this morning.

Entered a pothole at high speed yesterday plus I have been driving alot in the rain of late.

Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Eldemmi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
teeboy03:
Hello cardoctor,

Toyota camry 2005 automatic.

Noticed check car engine came up on the dashboard this morning.

Entered a pothole at high speed yesterday plus I have been driving alot in the rain of late.

Thanks

anytime u see check eng light come on. na to scan the car first.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2021
MrWalban:
Toyota
Camry 2012 SE
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol

Dont change the ecu oooo….very stupid advice by your local rewire
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by dammybravo(m): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Hello Cardoctor,

Mazda
Rx-8
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol
(Engine was converted to Opel)

I had an engine knock in April and I tried replacing it after a month. I got the new Opel engine and the mechanic successfully replaced the new one with the bad one. Now, after it was fixed, the working of the car was not really top notch like it was, before the engine got bad. The mechanic/Rewire started doing trial and errors on what could have went wrong (changing the brain box, coil and even the fuel pump). The car starts, and stops immediately you put it on drive, and for other times, it takes a while to start.

The person who actually did the engine conversion is not presently in the country. I don’t know if I can’t get any help here.

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by ayo84(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello cardoctor
Peugeot 206 , The mechanics connived with some hausa people and defaced the vehicle completely
The wireless key controller not working , fuel consumption is very ridiculous, after buying fuel , fuel can suddenly finish
Throttle problems

How can i get a reliable car person to fix it ,as most of the people advising me to visit their mechanics, their cars are not properly fixed but they keep carrying to the same mechanic every week to fix a problem all the time, some of these mechanics are really dubious
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyclassic: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello CarDoc,
My Camry 2009 4 plugs which I purchased around March is always shorting engine oil. It has a 146k mileage. What can I do to remedy this as the cost of a new engine is expensive at the moment plus I haven't driven the car for too long. Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
kennyclassic:
Hello CarDoc,
My Camry 2009 4 plugs which I purchased around March is always shorting engine oil. It has a 146k mileage. What can I do to remedy this as the cost of a new engine is expensive at the moment plus I haven't driven the car for too long. Thanks

The only remedy should be changing the rings or changing the engine

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 3:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Hello.
My corrola 10 dat I just bought naija used makes some sound after I serviced it and d mechanic says it's self adjustment nut inside the engine that it's not a knocking sound. He fired the car to prove it and nothing happened. Prior to purchase there was no sound but d engine has been worked on before.
Now I don't know what sound could dat be and the engine doesn't smoke. I tend to travel wit d car to rivers state but I'm not really happy wit ds state of d vehicle.
He called d nut "cam shaff" inside the engine, I didn't get d right pronunciation as I presume ds shd be in kazeem dico. It's not camshaft according to him but ds cam is inside the engine and it's self adjusting. When the oil circulates well it will disappear but it hasn't from around 9am to 5pm... Pls help
Dozieson
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 7:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:
Hello.
My corrola 10 dat I just bought naija used makes some sound after I serviced it and d mechanic says it's self adjustment nut inside the engine that it's not a knocking sound. He fired the car to prove it and nothing happened. Prior to purchase there was no sound but d engine has been worked on before.
Now I don't know what sound could dat be and the engine doesn't smoke. I tend to travel wit d car to rivers state but I'm not really happy wit ds state of d vehicle.
He called d nut "cam shaff" inside the engine, I didn't get d right pronunciation as I presume ds shd be in kazeem dico. It's not camshaft according to him but ds cam is inside the engine and it's self adjusting. When the oil circulates well it will disappear but it hasn't from around 9am to 5pm... Pls help
Dozieson

Cam shaft gear noise is noticed when you have a cold start and goes away when the car is warm. It has to do with oil circulation as well because majority of us are not using the specified oil. GazzuZZ and Kingreign are the professionals to do justice here
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2021
Dozieson:

Cam shaft gear noise is noticed when you have a cold start and goes away when the car is warm. It has to do with oil circulation as well because majority of us are not using the specified oil. GazzuZZ and Kingreign are the professionals to do justice here
thanks so much I appreciate, does it have to do with engine about to knock cos I can't differentiate der noise yet
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by homeboy205: 10:21am On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:
thanks so much I appreciate, does it have to do with engine about to knock cos I can't differentiate der noise yet

Firstly you need to isolate where the noise is coming from, is it from the top, middle or under??
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2021
homeboy205:

Firstly you need to isolate where the noise is coming from, is it from the top, middle or under??

close to the alternator belt, seems from the engine sha... That's where d sounds is coming from. It's top.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:

Should be a rattling noise. Nothing to do with knock. But have you scan the scar for codes? Advise you to scan and share the codes here. If you can buy the obd Bluetooth scanner, then you can do it on your own.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:
close to the alternator belt, seems from the engine sha... That's where d sounds is coming from. It's top.

Then the problem should be cam gear. Not that expensive to fix but mechanic should be careful not to cause damage in the engine. Sit with the mechanic when replacing the cam shaft. And stick to the right engine oil

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by homeboy205: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:

It won’t knock
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Hallenjay: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Dozieson:

Should be a rattling noise. Nothing to do with knock. But have you scan the scar for codes? Advise you to scan and share the codes here. If you can buy the obd Bluetooth scanner, then you can do it on your own.
I want to learn ds... Let me consult Google because check engine light and ABS shows and d mechanic say may be de ve work on it and clearing it is d issue dat car is working fine. Gear selects well and everything works except d noise but I want to get rid of d lights.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hallenjay:
I want to learn ds... Let me consult Google because check engine light and ABS shows and d mechanic say may be de ve work on it and clearing it is d issue dat car is working fine. Gear selects well and everything works except d noise but I want to get rid of d lights.

To get rid of the light just scan the car and post the codes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Volkswagen Set To Retire The Beetles Model In 2019 / This Is What The 2018 Kia Optima Station Wagon Looks Like (photos) / Delorean Diving Into The Future With Their Flying Car Concept (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.