Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,615 members, 7,781,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work (79469 Views)

Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by GetMeRight: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
NextD18:
It's 100% safe to say her boss is innocent of her death.

She was suspended because she violated a rule.

Her decision to commit suicide remains her business and not a reason to condemn the person that suspended her.

But at least, we should try to be human with the way we treat employees. Suspension for few days without pay just because employees report to work late just one day out of 30 days in a month not minding why! That's just too harsh in my opinion
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by BarrElChapo(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
Haba young lady, suicide cos of suspension undecided
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by begge: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
Who knows if she was sack?
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
Welcome back bruv
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by SAMBARRY: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
NextD18:

Her decision to commit suicide remains her business and not a reason to condemn the person that suspended her.

you're stup1d and insensitive for this

You don't know the financial battles,long pile of debt,burden and family responsibilities she's taking care of but out of your selfishness,self conceitedness and ignorance they suspended the girl.you don't even know what she's dealing with internally

The management and those that suspended her already have her blood on her hands

You think it's only guns that kill people? Some insensitive and unreasonable decisions kill people too

In the midst of poverty a girl chooses to rise above her situation, she's not begging or prostituting but made a minor mistake and they had to go that far? undecided

Thank God man is not God .. tufiakwa
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by SAMBARRY: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
GetMeRight:

But at least, we should try to be human with the way we treat employees. Suspension for few days without pay just because employees report to work late just one day out of 30 days in a month not minding why! That's just too harsh in my opinion
very very

However if she's a perpetual late comer that's a different situation.shr made a minor mistake anyone can make yet they decided to play God.smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Hahjascho(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Be good to everyone you meet.... people pass through many things too discreet to explain.

Encouragement is key.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Myself2(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
JaneYave:
Gone too soon. Such beauty! RIP.

Which one is RIP in this matter? Taking your life because of common suspension from work. She did not do well at all
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Bolaji26(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
Okortor:
She probably committed suicide out of depression as that job was her only source of income n livelihood.
Guys always talk to someone irrespective of the situation, if I had met her or knew about her job loss, for sure I would have assisted here at my company and also give her some cash to maintain.
PLEASE ALWAYS VOICE OUT AND DON'T DIE SILENTLY.

Can you help me secure a job for my gf before she travel back to Europe in 5months time.

She Just want to have something doing before then.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
So sad, a young woman that was already broken she was probably screaming for help but no one could hear her. I strongly believe an outlet to brush our minds is very important we need to start unbundling shit from our minds.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by chrismex(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
sometimes depression is not mainly because of financial problems. There might be other things she's encountering in life.

Don't say the family failed her, most people especially ladies we be so depressed indoor but when they come out you wouldn't even notice, you see them cover it up with smiles.

Maybe that her job is what makes her happy not necessarily because of the money, but that job is like the only reason she feels been alive.

We live because of a purpose and value we feel will contribute to humanity, ones you lose this two things the person is gone.

Las Las let's try and be our brother's keeper, everything no be money. Even a smile around people beside you. Cheer them up because you don't know if that your smile, call and jokes can save someone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Depression! She shouldn't have done that cry cry
It is not depression, it was the shock she received from her place of work.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
When we put our works and human standards aove God..this is what happens. .. Have a situation where God is above all.. Where nothing can pull you down.... Nomatter the situation. .. Human rejection is a prove of acceptance from God.. psalms 27:10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
descarado:
There is more to this. One can't just commit suicide because of suspension from work.
Find it hard to believe.
Who told you? How many cases have you seen. Go watch discovery I'D on cable network and see real life cases from people dieing from such. Some people sleep and don't wake up the next day.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Queenserah26(f): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
RIP Lady. Suicide is never an option regardless
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
Temptee101:
shocked

This is just a cover up.

You got suspended not sacked and you killed yourself.

Pure lies, in saner climes, the truth must be unearthed but trust our security agencies to swallow everything hook, line and sinker.
Though so many options can't be ruled out but to me, it was the shock that killed her. Investigation should commence to ascertain the cause of her death.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by tarantino1: 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
She was probably depressed for a while and the suspension was just a trigger- the last straw that broke the camel’s back.

Someone of healthy mind and good mental strength wouldn’t commit suicide cos of a suspension. We’ve got to be kinder to each other

RIP
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by ebullient19(f): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
I have been talking to people that I need a job in this Lagos State. I even asked a lady in a taxi that I boarded, if there's any vacancy in her company. Please I'm interested in your last sentence. Thanks
Okortor:
She probably committed suicide out of depression as that job was her only source of income n livelihood.
Guys always talk to someone irrespective of the situation, if I had met her or knew about her job loss, for sure I would have assisted here at my company and also give her some cash to maintain.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by fof1: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
dre11:
Kehinde was found on the floor of her room shaking while the smell of the poison she took could be perceived.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/05/shoprite-worker-allegedly-commits-suicide-akure-drinking-sniper#disqus_thread

She over Reacted but there SHOULD ALWAYS BE HOPE,PLS. However, Shoprute Should Disband such Overzealous and Negative Rules. This is not South Africa,Pls
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Usorohtheman(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
Okortor:

Good evening, please sir, can you assist me with a job?
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Peppermintflav: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
Person wey commit suicide no dey hide bottle na! Make dem carry out investigation. Autopsy if possible.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by mytty: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
I tell you the truth if Christ is LORD OF YOUR LIFE, your first and last resort is always him, GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST MEANS, YOU GIVING ALL YOUR PROBLEMS TO HIM, THEN HE GIVES YOU PEACE THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING IN THE MIDST OF THAT turbulence, THIS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH, (IT IS DEATH TO LIVE WITHOUT CHRIST IN THIS WORLD) #LAPCHRIST ,selah!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Kayberg: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
cry embarassed
Many people are walking around, depressed, broken, damaged, but because they keep struggling and fighting to beat it all, they wear that little smile of, "I'm fine."

And at that point, anything can break their barricades and damage their defenses, rendering them powerless and defenseless, making them prone to drastic decisions.

Be friendly with everyone you meet as you never can tell who is waiting for just your smile to lighten them up.
I wash I could say RIP ma'am, but it's pointless.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Seyzcham91(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
confirm! cuz she ain't the first to be suspended! even those that were fired sef did not commit suicide so she went too far undecided

he hell go hot pass sun grin
NextD18:

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Henri8: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
I no understand.
Ordinary suspension?
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Okortor:
bro help me pls,anything is not small,2040792581 uba, God pls u.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Humanoid01(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Bruno3000:
Akure pple are very wicked set of humans. Go and see how they treat their employees with disdain. I hated that place during my Nysc days... suspension letter Kwa!
So you blame the boss for her decision? You have a small mind.
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Anfield247(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
Queenserah26:
RIP Lady. Suicide is never an option regardless
What a pity!
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Okortor: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
Which state r u located and what's ur qualification?
lawalmovichhhh:

I must commit sucide too....you will all think is a play. I need you people to help me . no help tommorow. i wlll surely kill myself......09017585060
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
Imbercilefailur:
Correct girl I would soon join u

Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by Okortor: 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ok, where in Lag r u located? What's ur qualification? And drop ur number here but delete after I av seen it.
ebullient19:
I have been talking to people that I need a job in this Lagos State. I even asked a lady in a taxi that I boarded, if there's any vacancy in her company. Please I'm interested in your last sentence. Thanks
Re: Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work by chaloskyx: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
WELL TOO BAD THE ONLY PERSON WHO LOST HERE IS THE DECEASED ITS NEVER AN OPTION TO TAKE YOUR LIFE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health / What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.