Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age (24929 Views)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Abetterperson: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
My friend's mom recently give birth to a female child through this may bring happiness to some it brought sadness to her family. The reason is that this is the 6th girl the woman as given birth to with birthing a male child. the man has refused to even name the child.

this brings my question: is the male child more important than a female. why the blame on the woman when it is well known that a man determines the sex of a child and please note that the man is well educated and a degree holder

note:all opinions and views are widely accepted and criticisms should be given in a constructive and polite way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by solmusdesigns: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
cool

Female child are just as important as Male child, however if you want someone to care for you after getting old, then it's the Female that can deliver that care . A Man starts having his own obligation after marriage unlike a women

2 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
Don't you know? The Nigerian educational system—higher education especially is a ruse to actually know the real number of uneducated people in Nigeria. Since just getting a certificate makes you "educated"
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by donbachi(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
Some female child,pass 5 male children put together.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by drmikeadams(m): 1:19am On Jan 07, 2021
grin grin male Betta pass....from fifteen girls don turn holosho...
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Molahnelson(m): 1:54am On Jan 07, 2021
All of all them are all blessings
No discrimination
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Oluromantic: 8:46am On Jan 07, 2021
You said it's well known that a man determines the sex of the child. Who told you

It's is known to you and some few educated fellows in the city. Go to the village and ask those crude people, yould know that the research is not well spread yet.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by NextD18: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2021
Feel free to argue or twist it the way you want, it won't change the fact that the male child is more valued then the female child.

Most parents have ended up birthing 10 kids because they were looking for male child.

The ability birth a male child proves a very fertile womb.

1 Like

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by kodix(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2021
You just said is the 6th girl without a boy,it shouldn't bring joy though, it the same if it is the 6th boy without a girl almost everyone like miss up sex, bcs both are of equal important esp in this century, so is ought it suppose be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:
My friend's mom recently give birth to a female child through this may bring happiness to some it brought sadness to her family. The reason is that this is the 6th girl the woman as given birth to with birthing a male child. the man has refused to even name the child.

this brings my question: is the male child more important than a female. why the blame on the woman when it is well known that a man determines the sex of a child and please note that the man is well educated and a degree holder

note:all opinions and views are widely accepted and criticisms should be given in a constructive and polite way

It depends on the individuals. Personally, I prefer female children. They take care of their daddy in old age.

1 Like

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Leshurr(f): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2021
NextD18:
Feel free to argue or twist it the way you want, it won't change the fact that the male child is more valued then the female child.

Most parents have ended up birthing 10 kids because they were looking for male child.

The ability birth a male child proves a very fertile womb.

Yep.just like OP's friend birthed 6 girls .. people like to form woke online meanwhile deep down they value the male child over the female.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

Hmmmm I dont blame the man sha. He might deny them now when they all grow up to take care of him, he'll now be raising shoulder like 'I have a doctor, lawyer, banker, teacher, nurse'...The future of those girls are bright and if he abandons them [God forbid), he'll surely look for them in the next 10 years when he finally knows their worth.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2021
Abetterperson:

Nna let him thank his God oooo. My uncle married 2 wives over 8 years now nothig. If God bless you thank God o. Dem no give you son na case. You get 5 sons no daughter, na case. Nawa for some people oo.God gives and takes.If u don't accept this blessing, who knows if God will bless you again?..If those girls marry & give boys na the man go disturb for gir
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by dongalaxy(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
Its not all about education, there are things education can't change in our beliefs and culture which this is one of them. Every man want a boy that will retain his name just as he retained that of his father's so dear, don't be inquisitive even when u know that if u as a woman can't birth a male child to ur husband, u won't feel relaxed. This what culture and beliefs brought to us.
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Biglittlelois(f): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It depends on the individuals. Personally, I prefer female children. They take care of their daddy in old age.

So inconsistent.....

5 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

So inconsistent.....

You should have asked me what I meant if you were unclear.

In the other thread I was talking about financial care. Here, I'm talking about physical care, like preparing favourite dishes or arranging housework services. Stuff like that. Women do this, but not that.

1 Like

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by merieam16(f): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Its african mentality, may God help us
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by CHoccolaTE: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
solmusdesigns:
cool

Female child are just as important as Male child, however if you want someone to care for you after getting old, then it's the Female that can deliver that care . A Man starts having his own obligation after marriage unlike a women

So women don't work?
Women don't have jobs?
Women don't have obligations after marriage?

4 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Biglittlelois(f): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You should have asked me what I meant if you were unclear.

In the other thread I was talking about financial care. Here, I'm talking about physical care, like preparing favourite dishes or arranging housework services. Stuff like that. Women do this, but not that.

Not financial care? Are you married? You must be a traditional man against a working wife for you to not accept the obvious fact that there are so many working wives around.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Not financial care? Are you married? You must be a traditional man against a working wife for you to not accept the obvious fact that there are so many working wives around.

Why do you persist in making assumptions based on fresh air? You're wrong. Please give up. I don't enjoy this type of conversations.

1 Like

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by solmusdesigns: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

So women don't work?
Women don't have jobs?
Women don't have obligations after marriage?

I said obligations, why not ask which obligation before concluding
Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Hathor5(f): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Why do you persist in making assumptions based on fresh air? You're wrong. Please give up. I don't enjoy this type of conversations.

Sorry to interrupt and interfere but Biglittlelois is right. It would be really nice if you stopped acting like you know all women and like all women are the same. I really believe that the generalizations you keep producing and reproducing on this forum are for those who are not so bright. You can do better for sure. At least try.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Biglittlelois(f): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Oh so I'm wrong and making assumptions, and you are right? You must be deluded,

Pls don't quote me anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Hathor5(f): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
deleSayo:

Because you are her!

Did you feel intelligent when you typed it?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Biglittlelois(f): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
deleSayo:

Don't waste your time. Biglittlelois, Hathor5 and CHoccolatE are the same person; notice the similar questions/argument back to back?
There's only one answer: p o c o h a n t a s

Be bold to type her moniker together na,

If I am she, and she is me, why are you scared of properly typing her moniker out cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Oh so I'm wrong and making assumptions, and you are right? You must be deluded,

Pls don't quote me anymore.

I wasn't going to. You were the one that stalked and quoted me on multiple threads.

Though I must say that on initial observation, you seem to have a somewhat ...umm... different psychological profile. You would make an interesting psychological study. I may continue to observe your behaviour on NL; without quoting you of course, just as you requested.

1 Like

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
deleSayo:

Don't waste your time. Biglittlelois, Hathor5 and CHoccolatE are the same person; notice the similar questions/argument back to back?
There's only one answer: p o c o h a n t a s

Ok, Thanks.

Though I don't really care about which argument belongs to which monicker. I answer the argument, not the person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age by Leshurr(f): 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I wasn't going to. You were the one that stalked and quoted me on multiple threads.

Though I must say that on initial observation, you seem to have a somewhat ...umm... different psychological profile. You would make an interesting psychological study. I may continue to observe your behaviour on NL; without quoting you of course, just as you requested.

You won't be the first. Arsenate, ericsmith, genq, generationz and Frustrated007
..have also been victims to her incessant stalking, trolling and obsession (although with multiple accounts).
When she accused me of being ericsmith this morning I knew there was indeed something wrong upstairs. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/5904139/when-own-mother-puts-pressure/3#97802357

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.