Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,403 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested (11224 Views)

60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Carloslehder: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
merits:
This is how our looters makes their money, the more you spread the news of convid-19.the more their fat account.convid-19 is their own bitcoins.
Its high time seuns do something to checkmate stupid people like you who won't stop misleading the society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Nato008(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
the billion dollar question is "if we decide to get tested, do the have the capacity to handle it"? the will just stay one place and be talking nonsense...u can imagine since we started testing we not reached a million test yet....and we are a pop of 200+

2 Likes

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Carloslehder: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Those recovering from various isolation centers and self isolations, what are you using to treat them?
Is it not same malaria drugs?
Educate yourself so you can stop appearing stupid to the world

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by freetheking: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/06/luth-warns-nigerians-as-second-wave-of-covid-19-spreads-faster/

Read the full statement:

• Let every family member know these facts and discuss them openly.

• We have seen an upsurge in the number of people who keep treating "malaria" instead of going for the Covid test. Many such then start using all sorts of steam inhalation and home remedies for their cough and chest congestion. It is not helpful to do this, especially if you are also diabetic, hypertensive or with a number of other health baggages, or above the age of 60. It may be rather late by the time you are breathless and are rushed to the hospital. Most of those dying delayed going to the hospital till very late.

This is not to alarm the people, but rather, to alert us all to what is happening and call on each person to do again what we have done very well before. Eve, life is precious and we implore Nigerians to do whatever is needed to save our people.

The present trend is worrisome and if it continues, it may overrun our capacity before we can ramp up again to catch up. So let us hearken the directives given by the authorities. This will save many lives.

We are collaborating and coordinating with the State Government, FMOH, the PTF, NCDC, Tertiary Institutions and other stakeholders to deepen this public discourse on all that should be done to bring the situation under control as within the shortest time possible.

Remember, let us do the work of staying safe before we pray that God should help us. Prayers alone, without the work, is futile.

Please Stay Safe.

PROF CHRIS BODE
Chief Medical Director
Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)
Prof I know that covid-19 is real but if I tell you what we are seeing inside the isolation center you wouldn't believe it, If you're company does not settle the medical doctor that is in charge of the tests some of the workers will be tagged covid-19 positive but if you settle they we be negative.just last week some of my colleagues result was inconclusive.
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Krismas(m): 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
grin grin grin I am glad to let u know, that Lagosians trust in Iya Rokiba-the agbo seller-more than they trust in the CMD of LOOT grin grin grin Especially in this period of scamdemic cool cool cool
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by segebase(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
B
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by JaneYave(f): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
Noted
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by mokt(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
This most scare the shit out of me as I am currently treating malaria. However, like someone said in the comments, it is their bitcoin and I won't let any Govt. Institution trade me. As if they care. Bastard people.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by figoperch: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2021
biddo:
Malaria kills than Covid-19 in Nigeria

That's a fact.

Malaria is also easily transmitted. Anopheles mosquito full everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Mrpojj(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
post=97789866:
Be safe out there guys.....

Coronavirus is REAL and now more deadlier.....due all the traveling and gathering over the festive season.

Keep yourself and family safe pleaseeeee!

What made it deadlier now?
Traveling and gathering?
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by merits(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
Carloslehder:

Its high time seuns do something to checkmate stupid people like you who won't stop misleading the society
You can remove me now if you like cow.seun is out there making more money you are here poor man like you complaining.you need to check your medulla oblongata and clean your bukacavity before you talk to me.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by ghettochild4u(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/06/luth-warns-nigerians-as-second-wave-of-covid-19-spreads-faster/

Read the full statement:

• We have seen an upsurge in the number of people who keep treating "malaria" instead of going for the Covid test. Many such then start using all sorts of steam inhalation and home remedies for their cough and chest congestion. It is not helpful to do this, especially if you are also diabetic, hypertensive or with a number of other health baggages, or above the age of 60. It may be rather late by the time you are breathless and are rushed to the hospital. Most of those dying delayed going to the hospital till very late.

This is not to alarm the people, but rather, to alert us all to what is happening and call on each person to do again what we have done very well before. Eve, life is precious and we implore Nigerians to do whatever is needed to save our people.

The present trend is worrisome and if it continues, it may overrun our capacity before we can ramp up again to catch up. So let us hearken the directives given by the authorities. This will save many lives.

We are collaborating and coordinating with the State Government, FMOH, the PTF, NCDC, Tertiary Institutions and other stakeholders to deepen this public discourse on all that should be done to bring the situation under control as within the shortest time possible.

Remember, let us do the work of staying safe before we pray that God should help us. Prayers alone, without the work, is futile.

Please Stay Safe.

PROF CHRIS BODE
Chief Medical Director
Anyways this is common with viruses, they get used to their environment, study it, replicate n form new variant...
Either way.. make we still dey use antimalarial cure ourselves.its not more virulent as the first variant so. No lele
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by BlackPantherCri: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
We have seen an upsurge in the number of people who keep treating "malaria" instead of going for the Covid test. Many such then start using all sorts of steam inhalation and home remedies for their cough and chest congestion. It is not helpful to do this, especially if you are also diabetic, hypertensive or with a number of other health baggages, or above the age of 60. It may be rather late by the time you are breathless and are rushed to the hospital. Most of those dying delayed going to the hospital till very late

This is absolute rubbish.

I got diagnosed with covid last week and I was told by my doctor to use HOME REMEDIES to manage my symptoms. I used steam inhalation and a humidifier with tylenol, cough medicine, robb and hot liquids to manage my symptoms till I started feeling better.

I did not have fever or cough. Only nasal congestion (terrible one till I could not longer breath thru my nose, only mouth), chest pain, bad headaches, elevated blood pressure, body pains, extreme fatigue, restlessness and breathelessness.

The county officials called for contact tracing and advised for me to remain in self isolation for 10 days after my first symptoms started.

The doctor called again to assess my condition and said I could leave isolation.

You are only advised to go to hospital when you are having breathing problems, turning blue in the lips and cannot arouse from bed.

I've been released from isolation but I don't have energy to go anywhere, besides the winter is crazy so I'm still staying at home.
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Angelfrost(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Dr. Chris, you are preaching to the wind...

Una just dey try different formats...
None is clearly working!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Swipa: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Politicians want to cash out. Their plans will fail in the name of JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by gaddafe(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
Teewhy2:
The government should reactivate the other shut down isolation centers as cases increase.

I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post. You seem to be the only one not aware COVID 19 Is fake. Even the government knows it is fake. Isolation centres have been converted to something else.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by 9gerian: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
But LUTH knows the problem, and are just playing to the gallery.

Testing became a problem after private facilities were approved. Efforts were then channeled towards getting more people to pay and use the private test facilities. This watered down the fight against covid.

Money making venture at its bests with more people resorting to treating malaria when they have fever symptoms as free tests became more difficult for most people to access.

Nigerian leaders use state resources to only take care of themselves and their families, and not ordinary Nigerians.

So let the crocodile tears be done away with already! angry

Acekidc4:
It has to be Free for all nah! Abi no be So??
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by 9gerian: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2021
They cashed out already and are just trying get a second wave...

Swipa:
Politicians want to cash out. Their plans will fail in the name of JESUS.
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by 9gerian: 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
Everything is not discussion.

Make the tests readily available and free in every local primary healthcare facility across the nation, with increased capacity based on population density. Make the campaign against the virus a local one at the facilities.

Then coordinate treatment and counseling with the isolation centers based on severity and other considerations.

Then the government and its health ministry would have done reasonably well, with the fight against covid.

All the monies donated and stated as spent so far could have achieved this strategy, as it only leverages established facilities. But no, there has to be spurious expenses just so that monies can be pocketed. This while they continue to blame and threaten the people with lockdown.

lalasticlala:

Read the full statement:

Please Stay Safe.

PROF CHRIS BODE
Chief Medical Director
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by 9gerian: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
shocked

freetheking:
Prof I know that covid-19 is real but if I tell you what we are seeing inside the isolation center you wouldn't believe it, If you're company does not settle the medical doctor that is in charge of the tests some of the workers will be tagged covid-19 positive but if you settle they we be negative.just last week some of my colleagues result was inconclusive.
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by BreconHills(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Those recovering from various isolation centers and self isolations, what are you using to treat them?
Is it not same malaria drugs?

No its not malaria drugs.

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Minjim: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
You people too should stop reporting malaria as Covid-19

1 Like

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Minjim: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
freetheking:

My cousin that works as a nurse at a General hospital in Osun said something like this.
She claimed they told them to report people with serious malaria parasite fever as covid-19
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by 9gerian: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2021
And there was no lockdown declared over malaria, or more deservedly a war to eradicate mosquitoes in Africa.

Only for them to want to vaccinate the whole of Africa first for covid that is ravaging them in the west.

Are we missing something here

Also, for people who think that all those vaccines and vaccination campaigns are free, well they are not. Countries get waivers, but still get to pay for the vaccines, through trade deals and other vital trade-ins. It is usually a penny wise, pound foolish kind of venture. Nothing is free in international trade, and vaccines are part of international trade.

biddo:
Malaria kills than Covid-19 in Nigeria
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Christian07(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
OP fit don twist the headline if true sha

Wahala for pple way never still wise oo

And this covid test is between 30k to 50k unless you get connection

Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
Carloslehder:

Educate yourself so you can stop appearing stupid to the world

SHUT UP THERE!!!
YOU ARE A COMPLETE IGNORAMUS
YOU THINK EVERYONE IS GULLIBLE AS YOU
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
post=97789866:
Be safe out there guys.....

Coronavirus is REAL and now more deadlier.....due all the traveling and gathering over the festive season.

Keep yourself and family safe pleaseeeee!

SHUT UP!!!
CHEAP PAID AGENT!
THE PEANUTS YOU COLLECT WILL NEVER MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
mastercee:
A friend got exposed to the virus after meeting with an asymptomatic patient. She went for the test when she started having some related symptoms.

9 days later, we are still waiting for the test result and all symptoms has already cleared after using some anti-malaria drugs and herbs.

If she was waiting for the test result before under-going treatment, only God knows what would have happened.
What drugs and herbs?
Re: Stop Treating COVID-19 As Malaria - LUTH Tells Nigerians To Get Tested by Iknowhow: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
What exactly do they mean by the second wave is worst than the first wave. Do we now have different types of covid? I still do not understand
.pls someone should explain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Average Cost Of Treating Gonorrhea In Hospital? / Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister / Kwaku Agyeman Manu Tests Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.