Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) (23043 Views)

Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos) / Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) / Gabriel Igbinedion's 83rd Birthday Celebration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by fashrola(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
realstars:
Canopy In Ekpo Playing Ground?

Ekpo Is The Oldest Secrite Socity In Nigeria.

Actually it's Ekpe that's the oldest.... Practised by Efik/Uruan People

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by waaclef(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
I served in Ikot Eba, Etinan LGA of Akwa Ibom. I experienced this festival and it was really fun and exciting . The female corpers amongst us were warned not to come out to the open during the festival. Myself and a few of my male colleagues inadvertently met the masquerades on a lonely track and it had to take heed for us to walk by, it was really scary with the sharp cutlass they move around with. The leader of the masquerade gang told us that they understand that we are visitors to the town, that's why we were not attacked and allowed to walk.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by mrkings84(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
Village people at their best....

This the event where powers are challenge, people stoned with charms, poisons are dished, and in the long run Satan is glorified!!

Village people I hail una!!
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by emerazz(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
Weird and dirty.. The pple following it look like hoodlums.. See how we do it in calabar

Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by simplesearch: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
This is what they want to substitute serving Jesus for when they said, Leave the white man religion let's embrace our culture and tradition that encourages evil, sacrifices(animal &human), and a whole lot of abominable practices.
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by paltielx: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
Kase tinkọrikọ
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by wiseone28: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
SATANNIST:
ths is the most fetish state in nigeria. them believe in juju like no tomorrow.
btw this is called nnabo. i dont know why op is not mentioning it
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by CrudeSon: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Any masquerade wey him hands and legs dey show no be masquerade atol sad sad
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by mechanics(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
saphiere:
These set of masquerades were the youngest. The were guarded by some boys while they dance as they were led out of the evil forest by the Akpan Ekpo.
One of the guards who spoke with WonderTV correspondent said these set of masquerades are addressed as "Nditoh Ekpo" meaning baby masquerades.
They are still tender and learning from the bigger ones he added.
These ones are always walking closer to their mother he said.

https://www.facebook.com/wondertvofficial/posts/191294326063446
People's children o.
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by Blakenails(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ekeletu:
This shit still happens in this modern days?
A person who does not know where he is coming from will not know where he is headed
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by Blakenails(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
simplesearch:
This is what they want to substitute serving Jesus for when they said, Leave the white man religion let's embrace our culture and tradition that encourages evil, sacrifices(animal &human), and a whole lot of abominable practices.
You know nothing "Jon Snow"
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by IbokPatrick(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
vincentjk:
Masquerades should be well costumed and covered not exposing their human body parts, so by that you can hardly tell the real spirits and human costumed masquerades

In our own culture,Ekpo should be naked......well polished with charcoal+oil.
And they are not meant to be beautiful....
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by IbokPatrick(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
CrudeSon:
Any masquerade wey him hands and legs dey show no be masquerade atol sad sad

But that's your own culture na...
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by DaniDani(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Gondonu:
cheesy Mmuo! This is what Lai Mohammed said will produce 1M jobs?

Hahahaha. My brother, I tire o.
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by EMMY76: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
This are just demonic activities that glorifies Satan.
Re: Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) by vincentjk(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
IbokPatrick:

In our own culture,Ekpo should be naked......well polished with charcoal+oil.
And they are not meant to be beautiful....

Ooh really! Thanks for the correction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwo Installs Emmytex Martins Emeka As Eze Ndigbo Of Iwoland Today (Pictures) / Nigeria's Disappearing Languages / 10 Extinct Nigerian Languages And What You Think Can Be Done To Save The Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.