Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread (801 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Barcanista The Politics Section Boss / My Observation On Nairaland: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by snowdrops(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
A member 5columnist raised an important point that one of the moderators on the politics thread Aisha2 is politically biased. She is openly supporting Buhari and Bakare in the April 2011 polls.

Surely that cannot be right. Someone who is supposed to moderate a section so sensitive as politics is clearly favouring a particular group over others. She is not neutral and this goes against what a moderator should stand for.

Sadly rather than debate her stance she locked posters thread. This smacks of tyranny and abuse of power.

Please the admin team should look into this as a matter of urgency.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by dellnet: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
Dude I am an active member in couple of forums around the world and I will tell you nairaland is one of the free & fair forums on the net. In some forums just talking about a moderator can get you suspended needless to mention how they edit or delete posts not to the forum rules. I would say the moderators here are a bit relaxed and accommodating, I have seen many post hanging without being removed. I believe she has right to air out her political opinion in this forum. She has deleted some of my posts but I don't fuss because I know I did not post appropriate contents.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by snowdrops(m): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
To get banned for " talking about a moderator" is senseless. Even Mortals talk about their gods and don't get struck by thunder. This is a perfectly reasonable observation. The admin simply has to say moderators need not make secret their personal views viz politics, religion, etc and everyone would move on. Being authoritative is no weakness rather it's when you become authoritarian.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by dellnet: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
If I am getting you correctly I don't think she make her views secret on politics. Then again what's making her weak by following the rules?
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by chigo4u: 1:19am On Mar 31, 2011
it's very uncanny and unbecoming for whoever owns this blog to still retain this ethnic bigot called aishawhatever. The people have cleary spoken. A moderator should never take sides and if he or she does, it should be a secret so as not to kill the people's confidence. Unless she is not a moderator. She is causing more harm than good to the forum. Let her step aside to join in the debates rather than moderating. What in the hell? And keep shut mr dellnet, u are talking to people that dont belong to other forums. When they ban everybody, then they will post and read. Lets raise a post dedicated to the dropping of aisha2
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by dellnet: 5:06am On Mar 31, 2011
chigo4u:

it's very uncanny and unbecoming for whoever owns this blog to still retain this ethnic bigot called aishawhatever. The people have cleary spoken. A moderator should never take sides and if he or she does, it should be a secret so as not to kill the people's confidence. Unless she is not a moderator. She is causing more harm than good to the forum. Let her step aside to join in the debates rather than moderating. What in the hell? And keep shut mr dellnet, u are talking to people that dont belong to other forums. When they ban everybody, then they will post and read. Lets raise a post dedicated to the dropping of aisha2
The rules do apply and still care. What is so hard in following simple instructions?
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2011
Is there any neutral but vibrant poster at the politics especially now to replace her or wud u guys rather want 190 to moderate that section?
The mods for the sports section,are they fans of specific clubs and do they openly support their clubs?
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by mukina2: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2011
Aisha is mod, but she is also entitled  to her own freedom of speech and expression.

She is open about who she supports,  as long as you have no evidence of her being bias, this thread fails.

I openly support Arsenal and i mod the sports forum, i post  on other team threads, i tease and so much more, so because i mod sports i should not support any team openly?

if you have no evidence of Aisha being biased then why did you create this thread?
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by Tonyet1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
*forgive my derailing of this thread***

--------------------------------------------------------------------
#Hi Mukina,

Glad i could find you on this thread to lay a complain, I have actually not being too frequent on replying comments on this website not until yesterday when i tried on a thread in the religious section and the entire "text box" for reply began wobbling.

I first thought it was my computer system, but on trying another's the problem persisted with my account ID in use. Even as i type this complaint the problem would still not seize.

pls help me out. Thanks

My ID: Tonye-t
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by snowdrops(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2011
mukina2:

if you have no evidence of Aisha being biased then why did you create this thread?
well there are a number of revolts in politics section. Lets get it clear, i have nothing against aisha2. we have never had crossed paths negatively. if anything i believe she is doing a remarkable job.
probably its because politics is the busiest of the sections and its election fever. thats the more reason mods. in there need to be above board in their actions.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by mukina2: 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
make up your mind.

snowdrops:

A member 5columnist raised an important point that one of the moderators on the politics thread Aisha2 is politically biased. She is openly supporting Buhari and Bakare in the April 2011 polls.

Surely that cannot be right. Someone who is supposed to moderate a section so sensitive as politics is clearly favouring a particular group over others. She is not neutral and this goes against what a moderator should stand for.

Sadly rather than debate her stance she locked posters thread. This smacks of tyranny and abuse of power.

Please the admin team should look into this as a matter of urgency.

snowdrops:

well there are a number of revolts in politics section. Lets get it clear, i have nothing against aisha2. we have never had crossed paths negatively. if anything i believe she is doing a remarkable job.
probably its because politics is the busiest of the sections and its election fever. thats the more reason mods. in there need to be above board in their actions.
which do i take?

Tonye-t:

*forgive my derailing of this thread***

--------------------------------------------------------------------
#Hi Mukina,

Glad i could find you on this thread to lay a complain, I have actually not being too frequent on replying comments on this website not until yesterday when i tried on a thread in the religious section and the entire "text box" for reply began wobbling.

I first thought it was my computer system, but on trying another's the problem persisted with my account ID in use. Even as i type this complaint the problem would still not seize.

pls help me out. Thanks

My ID: Tonye-t

ok Tonye- T thanks we'll look into it smiley
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by snowdrops(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
She is doing a good job overall. But in dealing with 5columnist she abused her position by seemingly silencing someone who disagreed with her views. Don't get me wrong, there are 2 different issues here.
The fact that is think Bill Clinton is a great man does not mean i hated the fact that he abused his office by sexual escapades with a white house intern.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by OAM4J: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2011
Snowdrops, i am very frequent in Politics section and really have not seen one instance in which Aisha2 and Jarus abuse their Mod privileges. Except you think it is wrong for her to voice out her opinions on Naija politics.

Give us a link to any thread or post in which you think she has been biased or abuse her Mod privileges.

On the contrary I have seen her on many occasions modifying offensive thread titles on PDP/GEJ and cautioning Buhari/Bakare supporters to stop insulting the person of GEJ being the current president.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
snowdrops:

She is doing a good job overall. But in dealing with 5columnist she abused her position by seemingly silencing someone who disagreed with her views. Don't get me wrong, there are 2 different issues here.
The fact that is think Bill Clinton is a great man does not mean i hated the fact that he abused his office by sexual escapades with a white house intern.
I did not silence him i just moved his post from the political section here and explained to him that all personal issues should be brought here, the politics section is simply to discuss politics, not to attack other form members
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by Blazay(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2011
Na wah for wire road o! cheesy
Unbelievable.
Re: Disturbing Observation On The Politics Thread by snowdrops(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2011
aisha2:

I did not silence him i just moved his post from the political section here and explained to him that all personal issues should be brought here, the politics section is simply to discuss politics, not to attack other form members
Thanks for clearing the air. It is always nice to hear both sides of an argument. What makes a huge difference here is ones intentions which can in some cases override our actions or inactions.
It seems like an issue of communication which is missing in this case. Bearing in mind however that irrespective of ones efforts there are some users that we simply cannot build a bridge with. This debate can now hopefully be laid to rest.

(1) (Reply)

Acn And Cpc Plan Alliance Against Jonathan / Toyota Corolla 1998 / Pleep, I Wanna Tell U A Secret :d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.