Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) (46362 Views)

Mob Nearly Lynched Lady Seen Sharing Meat To Children In Accra (Video) / Suspect Paraded With Dead Poultry Meat He Picks From River To Sell In Maiduguri / How Can I Fry Meat To Make It Taste Like Party Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Islie: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2021
Shocked: Hassan Ebere reveals how he sold 6,000 dead poultry meat to Borno residents

Hassan Ebere

By Hamza Suleiman

A 33-year-old suspect, Hassan Ebere, has revealed how he sold 6,000 dead poultry to residents of Maiduguri for five years so as to raise money for his livelihood since he lost his father.

Ebere made the revelation while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), after being paraded by the Borno Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, (NSCDC), on Wednesday.

“I usually go to the Ngadabul river, behind Borno Radio Television (BRTV) complex, to pick the carcasses of poultry that are thrown away from poultry farms.

“So every week, I pick at least ten or even more than that, then process it and take it to sell to unsuspecting customers.

“My market base are usually Baga fish market, where I sell some of them as bush meat, Monday market, suya joints and some selected restaurants within the metropolis.

“The products usually go for N700, N800. But if it had spent some days, I take them to local beer parlours at the back of Ngomari ward and sell them for N250,”
he said.

Ebere said he was pushed by the devil to engage in such nefarious activities, and begged for forgiveness.

Speaking, the Borno Commandant of the NSCDC, Mr Abdullahi Ibrahim, said that the suspect was arrested, while processing the meat behind BRTV complex on Jan. 2, 2021.

Ibrahim said that the command got intelligence reports about the nefarious acts before swinging into action to apprehend him, adding that the arrest of the suspect had stopped what had been a serious health hazard to the people.

He called on the Ministry of Environment and the the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), to fight the circulation of such unwholesome products, in order to ensure the safety and health of the people.

On his part, State Coordinator of NAFDAC, Mr Nasiru Mato, said the implication of such an act was in the threat it posed to public safety.

“The carcass of the poultry from the farm must have died from one or two infectious diseases which could easily be transmitted to humans.

“So it can be very disastrous and dangerous to consumers. There are severe penalties on any one found engaging in this type of unwholesome activity.

“We, therefore, urge the general public to make sure, when buying live chicken, they should either slaughter them by themselves or are slaughtered in their presence. They must also make sure that the chicken are certified by a registered vet to ensure public safety”, he said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/07/shocking-hassan-ebere-reveals-how-he-sold-6000-dead-poultry-meat-to-borno-residents/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by donbachi(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2021
All for the benjamins...no be only "hassan ebere",na tochukwu mustapha.

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by illicit(m): 8:26am On Jan 07, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2021
It's about time I fully become a vegetarian.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by NextD18: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2021
Most people who are very lazy to process meats themselves have eaten vultures in the hands of these meat sellers unknowingly.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by cassidy1996(m): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2021
Hassan Ebere, arewa missed with amaka

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Nanaborga(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2021
Oluwa save our soul , back in the days when traveling we use to patronize people that sell pepper chicken and snail on the highway , we don chop plenty nonsense but na GOD dey save us , funny enough these meat dey cheap wella , you go see some of them dey sell big pepper chicken lap for 200naira , you go even see like 6 pepper snail for 100 naira , na cheap things dey kill many of us for this country , we too like cheapee. Nafdac and SON should deploy their agents to those local market , highways and every environ where these unhealthy foods are been sold , we don too chop yamayama for this country

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2021
Jesus!

Thank God, I hardly eat chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Juliusmomoh: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2021
NextD18:
Most people who are very lazy to process meats themselves have eaten vultures in the hands of these meat sellers unknowingly.

Aswear
CalliDora1:
Jesus!

Thank God, I hardly eat chicken.

You sure ? cheesy
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2021
What is even wrong with all these aboki them?

Na so dem catch one for back of that big filling station before the flyover close to oil mill, aboki dey sell vulture give people say na suya.

As e be sef many of us fit don chop human meat for this naija.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Tapout(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2021
Mariangeles:
It's about time I fully become a vegetarian.

if I hear grin ....Purchase you chicken and kill it yourself so you don't need to worry about such or purchase frozen livestock from a trusted vendor.

Happy New year btw, been a while.

6 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2021
Tapout:

if I hear grin ....Purchase you chicken and kill it yourself so you don't need to worry about such or purchase frozen livestock from a trusted vendor.

Happy New year btw, been a while.

Mr Bold Fonts! Happy new year. cheesy

Being a vegetarian is the best way to go, since anything can hardly be trusted.
Do you kill cows to make your own suya and kilishi?

2 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:07am On Jan 07, 2021
Hassan Ebere !!!!

wat a Strange combination of names .......

names checkers association will find it very difficult to know his tribe

20 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Asquare84(m): 11:09am On Jan 07, 2021
Abeg meat na meat

3 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by 44Bulldog(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2021
I blame bull-hari for this

undecided undecided
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Mheen!
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by abraham324: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Evil
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Simplyleo: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2021
His name is Ebere

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by visijo(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2021
The best place to plan your life is the toilet Away from people while dropping the shit�

2 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2021
I usually go to the Ngadabul river, behind Borno Radio Television (BRTV) complex, to pick the carcasses of poultry that are thrown away from poultry farms.

“So every week, I pick at least ten or even more than that, then process it and take it to sell to unsuspecting customers.

“My market base are usually Baga fish market, where I sell some of them as bush meat, Monday market, suya joints and some selected restaurants within the metropolis.

“The products usually go for N700, N800. But if it had spent some days, I take them to local beer parlours at the back of Ngomari ward and sell them for N250,” he said.
This is one of the most wicked and evil things we have read in 2021.
How can people be this heartless without giving a damn about other people's life, all because money must be made (in this case 700 per bird!)

Calling some people animal is an insult to the animal kingdom!

The carcass of the poultry from the farm must have died from one or two infectious diseases which could easily be transmitted to humans
Lord, your protection is all we ask for.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Tyrant28:
Yeebow man again. Wicked things
sonsomegrigbo:
Chaii Hausa will always be a hausa...
ESPECIALLY the figurehead that is ruling us
GayPontiff:
What is even wrong with all these aboki them?
Make una see confusion o!

Say No To TRIBALISM Guys.

#OneNigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Etinosa1234: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
Name Checkers are confused

5 Likes

Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by BigDawsNet: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
angryGoddammit
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by mrprestige(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
Wickedness of human
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Juventus4life: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2021
Even though he changed his name's but the things dey their blood. E be lyk sey na curse
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:56am On Jan 07, 2021
cry
Re: Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) by GREATESTPIANIST: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2021
Nanaborga:
Oluwa save our soul , back in the days when traveling we use to patronize people that sell pepper chicken and snail on the highway , we don chop plenty nonsense but na GOD dey save us , funny enough these meat dey cheap wella , you go see some of them dey sell big pepper chicken lap for 200naira , you go even see like 6 pepper snail for 100 naira , na cheap things dey kill many of us for this country , we too like cheapee. Nafdac and SON should deploy their agents to those local market , highways and every environ where these unhealthy foods are been sold , we don too chop yamayama for this country
aiy Moye cheap things wey we don chop........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most / Buhari Restaurant Emerges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.