Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

NIMC Workers Begin Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Workers Begin Strike (35981 Views)

Maritime Workers Begin Nationwide Strike On Monday / NIMC Workers Cry For Help As Gang Members Rob Applicants In Rivers State / NIN: NIMC Workers Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Workers Begin Strike by ogododo: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2021
Thousands of applicants have been locked outside of the offices of the National Identity Management Commission following a strike embarked on by NIMC staff.

The notice of strike was signed by the President of the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria, NIMC branch, Lucky Michael, and its Secretary, Odia Victor.

It read in part, “Consequent upon the just concluded congress of the above mentioned association that took place on January 6, 2020, the unit executive directs all members of grade level 12 and below in the head office and state offices to report to their respective duty posts tomorrow January 7, 2020 and do nothing.

Currently, over 100 million Nigerians have yet to do so which has caused huge crowds to gather at the various offices of NIMC in breach of the COVID-19 protocol.

According to a communiqué issued at the end of the congress meeting of the ACCSN, NIMC branch, the strike had become necessary due to the exposure of staff to COVID-19 risks, lack of personal protective equipment, irregularities in promotion and poor funding.

They also asked to be paid overtime and given enough tools to work with.

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-nimc-workers-begin-strike/?

33 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nairalandwizerd(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigeria is a joke.

181 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Gondonu: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
So NIMC that bleeped up over the years in not registering or giving registered Nigerians their NIN & cards are now going on strike? Nigeria is indeed a useless country.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Prolificgiant(m): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
No be wahala b this,which way Nigeria. ,if u need of a cleaning job and reside close to Lagos island Lagos check my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by vanbonattel: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2021
I fear anyone who's not shocked about the level of cluelessness of el lifelesso in aso village grin

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2021
I said it... Nice one. Government directives sometimes lack direction. Nobody wants to go to early grave because of the government. We don dey get sense small small... grin

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2021
wahala

ever since this registration started, I have not seen any politician at any of these centres or are they not going to block their own sim?

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by mercenary: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2021
But their demands are valid... FG's double standard on the enforcement of covid-19 protocols is nauseating

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by princemillla(m): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2021
This is very necessary as for me am not stepping out to register anything not in this covid 19 wahala..

Just imagine the pics below.....not cool at all

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Karlifate: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigeria is a parody.

cheesy grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Eddie4God(m): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2021
Wahala,
Why will d Minister be in such a hurry to carryout a nation wide exercise of these magnitude without first making sure everything are in order.
Well, i think for this NIMC staffs, this na d best opportunity & time to press their demands ohhh. Because after this registration exercise, FG & most Nigerians go forget them.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by alphaRego01(m): 10:16am On Jan 07, 2021
E.k gwuru

5 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigeria Amaka!
grin

3 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2021
May they strike till 2023.

Ise!!!!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Etrusen(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2021
one of the problem I have with all this Nigeria ministries is that they only start strike when they see that their ministry have become an important one regarding current situation on ground

this country is just too backward in everything

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2021
Hehehe!
That's one of the signs of a failed and useless administration.

10 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by seborrhic: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2021
I wonder why that communications minister lacks commonsense.
Sometimes I listen to what some of this government employees say and their actions and I begin to wonder if indeed some of them are indeed educated.
In the midst of a deadly second covid 19 wave,a minister is giving deadline on people physically going to get their national identity.
To make matters worse,no top person in the presidency,if we agree that the man at the top is senile,is able to call the minister to order.
Beyond s tupidity.

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2021
So they had to wait till now to depend for better working conditions n promotions....

This country is something else!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Balebro: 11:13am On Jan 07, 2021
Oga oo

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Maxymilliano(m): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2021
cool

They should just make the strike indefinite ...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by ODJ124(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2021
after collecting 2k for original copy.. and 4k for express.. u still want Government to pay you overtime.. NAwa oo

Thread seen..

15 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by ogododo: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by greatdreamer(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good for all of us

5 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by jlinkd78(m): 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by DoubleEngine007: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sombori say Sai Buhari.. Sai baba! grin

Una never see chumchin

Why is it that they don't sing that song anymore

Its been long ,since I heard anyone singing the song.. Stupid people..

3 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Whoube99(f): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
ogododo:

Thousands of applicants have been locked outside of the offices of the National Identity Management Commission following a strike embarked on by NIMC staff.

The notice of strike was signed by the President of the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria, NIMC branch, Lucky Michael, and its Secretary, Odia Victor.

It read in part, “Consequent upon the just concluded congress of the above mentioned association that took place on January 6, 2020, the unit executive directs all members of grade level 12 and below in the head office and state offices to report to their respective duty posts tomorrow January 7, 2020 and do nothing.
Currently, over 100 million Nigerians have yet to do so which has caused huge crowds to gather at the various offices of NIMC in breach of the COVID-19 protocol.

According to a communiqué issued at the end of the congress meeting of the ACCSN, NIMC branch, the strike had become necessary due to the exposure of staff to COVID-19 risks, lack of personal protective equipment, irregularities in promotion and poor funding.

They also asked to be paid overtime and given enough tools to work with.

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-nimc-workers-begin-strike/?

Time to cash out, after NIMC and it staffs the Nation over, have extorted Nigerians enough.
Nigeria is a big fat joke
NIMC is a scam
Thank God say na SIM dem wan block & no be my life. I no dey do any silly NIMC registration.
If una like, mek una block all my SIM's that of course wee ep me saved some money from buying of airtime & data
Las las we go go back to letter writing.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by ogododo: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
Whoube99:

Time to cash out, after NIMC and it staffs the Nation over, have extorted Nigerians enough.
Nigeria is a big fat joke
NIMC is a scam
Thank God say na SIM dem wan block & no be my life. I no dey do any silly NIMC registration.
If una like, mek una block all my SIM's that of course wee ep me saved some money from buying of airtime & data
Las las we go go back to letter writing.

Na so my broda

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Workers Begin Strike by Nicoddemus(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
Not ready to do my NIM yet, more time to lazy around

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Babajide Sanwoolu Campaigning At Computer Village In Ikeja / Presidents Who'll Make Me Renounce Nigeria By Farooq Kperogi / Osinbajo To Act As President For 10 Days- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.