Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) (40780 Views)

19 Passengers Die In Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway Crash / Avoid Lokoja-Obajana Road If You Don't Want To Sleep On The Road For 3 Days / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Adenuoye123(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2021
All Nigeria Roads are bad, RIP to the dead .
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Membis333: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2021
So sad, rest well with the Creator
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by EmmaNuella77(f): 11:56am On Jan 07, 2021
Ah!

They all died.
Chai!!

Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Reference(m): 11:56am On Jan 07, 2021
Raph82:
I begin to wonder if this is how auto crash has been happening in all these developed countries. But I want to believe this is not how it's been happening over there. This January alone, lots of people are gone, these are avoidable deaths, let us all learn to drive cautiously on the highway. Know that one's u're in a car or bus, u are already in a semi coffin.

Alcohol, drugs, ignorance and all other mental impairments are global phenomena so are auto accidents. Its just a factor of population and the wealth that puts the number of vehicle accidents into play.

Ultimately if you want to save lives you will have to invest in infrastructure and I do not mean the roads that will attract more carts but in mass transportation infrastructure which will drove down the number of deaths per miles travelled as you reduce the number of people masking critical operational decisions.

The 18 seater bus has one driver, that is a ratio of 1:18. As you increase this ratio by adopting rail transport to say 1: 500, the risk of death or injury falls as well. Mass transit is the ultimate answer to safety issues in transport. No matter how good a deliver you are your biggest chance of dying on the roads is in your personal car.

1 Like

Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Stewart883(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2021
Adenuoye123:
All Nigeria Roads are bad, RIP to the dead .

Its not about roads. It's that bastard driver that sent those souls to the grave

1 Like

Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
What is the gain of the driver now?
What is his gain?
Has he arrived his destination yet?
Use your head while driving.... humans are made of flesh not iron.

And you the passenger, concentrate while in the vehicle. Don't be carried away, so that you know when that unfortunate driver wants to gamble with your safety...

2 Likes

Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Reference(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
Stewart883:

Its not about roads. It's that bastard driver that sent those souls to the grave

Exactly. The driver is likely to have never formally learned how to drive and was likely impaired ast this time of the year., perhaps overworked as well.

It takes 9 months to a year to learn how to become a train driver. In India that can last as long as 5 years. Same for pilots and boat captains. 24 hours before each journey/flight they ate tested for alcohol and drugs and have regular psychological examinations which they must pass or are removed from service.

There is no alternative to mass transit when it comes to safety. If any country is serious about preserving lives, it invests in no other form of transportation. Let us grow out of this primitivism.
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by openmine(m): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
According to an eye witness account, the accident occurred as a result of dangerous overtaking by the driver of the bus that was heading to Kabba. The witness said all the passengers in that bus died.

These stubborn and greedy drivers will never learn that this is not a "need for speed game" competition!

Dear future passengers,your driver doesn't care about your safety but his money....if you suspect any reckless driving,please plead with him to reduce his speed or better still drive safely without any careless overtaking....you have only one life!

Prudence should never be equated with fear!

Its better to be late to your destination and arrive safely than drive recklessly and end up in a coffin!
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by ukaface(f): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2021
Y'all that were shouting 2020 like 2020 was jinxed,come and see 2021 o

R.I. P to the dead
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Impregnablefolk: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
OP! Them say 18, u say 14 persons. Which kind report b DAT?
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2021
That's is y,I don't like car or buses to over take trailer,when traveling,but No,then go claim expert..
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Mjpem23(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
If it’s not accident, it will surely be kidnapping case.

Kogi
Niger
Abuja
Kaduna
I can’t travel to these states by road.
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by policy12: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
iceberylin:
2021 I hail o

You took this out of my mouth, just seven days into 2021, and we av started recording unpalatable incidents. I hope this is not 2020 pro Max or 2020 premium.
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by iceberylin(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
policy12:

You took this out of my mouth, just seven days into 2021, and we av started recording unpalatable incidents. I hope this is not 2020 pro Max or 2020 premium.
Pro max indeed brother
Re: 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) by Oluwatosam(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Not everyone died, there were 3 survivor, I have a friend who survive the accident, and the news was not all true, the bus didn't overtake, the bus tyre bursted and the driver struggled till it collided with the truck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soon To Wed Lady Dies In Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pics) / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.