Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened (78073 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Money is a very powerful control tool.
It can control men too,but wouldn't work on a man that knows how to make his own money.
So who do you turn to in this scenario?The woman. wink
Thank you Master.

A perfect scenario would be seeking to marry the daughter of a wealthy man(knows how to make money) who is indifferent about our relationship. But there exists his lazy wife, mother of my girlfriend who leeches on her husband.

To use money judiciously for the purpose of control, I'll have to spend it on the wife of the wealthy man and gain her total support. She'll in turn talk good about me and influence the thought process of her indifferent husband about me.

I'll then get their daughter on a platter of gold alongside her shares in her father's company.

I stand in awe of you master, you are a great teacher.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by drmikeadams(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kaimaonyeana:

A bottle of wine would have settled this whole ish. Maybe because i'm igbotic but i can't go to an inlaw's place for the first time emptyhanded as a man. Just my opinion.
angry grin grin grin

Though naija girls dey fall my hands, ,it's just lik going to c a new born baby...

Courtesy demands "at all at all"na him Bad pass
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
The way mariangeles carry this matter for head, no be small thing oh. Even quoting the Bible out of context Lmao!

This thread has been nothing but entertaining.

cheesy

9 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by DrayZee: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

Because he was aggressive and stop talking to her when she told him how her mother felt .

A mature guy will say, I sorry it doesn't come up to me, the issue would have died a natural death
Let’s see. Man thinks to himself: “Let me go and see my MIL and get to know her more, it’ll strengthen relations in the family”, he thinks it’s a good idea and will probably make his potential wife happy.
He makes the mistake of not buying a gift (I don’t see it as much, but apparently, it’s a taboo in some cultures...fine).
His wife also didn’t see wrong, but thought it best to inform the guy of the mistake he made...not a bad decision.
What happens? She tells him she’s angry with him and that it would’ve been better if he didn’t go at all, then she hung up on him while he was trying to explain himself.

Even if we agree that not buying a gift is the worst thing on earth, why shatter his efforts like that? He was actually putting effort, only to hear “it would have been better if you didn’t go”. She didn’t even say “just go with a gift next time”.
Anyone would be seriously pained after that.

Now, the man is “irresponsible”, an “animal” and a potential “wife beater”.
No wahala. He will apologize.

21 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by DrayZee: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

Because he was aggressive and stop talking to her when she told him how her mother felt .

A mature guy will say, I sorry it doesn't come up to me, the issue would have died a natural death

Any man who quickly block his gf on trivia issues is aggressive in nature and potential wife beater

Though op might use heavy tongue, nevertheless
Also, I don’t think she stated anywhere that he blocked her. They just haven’t spoken to each other.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Kaimaonyeana: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
drmikeadams:
angry grin grin grin

Though naija girls dey fall my hands, ,it's just lik going to c a new born baby...

Courtesy demands "at all at all"na him Bad pass

As in eh. A lot of people are here trying to justify rubbish. U are visiting your girlfriend's mum whom you haven't seen in a while empty handed, it doesn't speak well of that guy. Even when i was an undergraduate, going to the village to visit my grandparents, i always bought bread and then, drinks and gala for my cousin. It's just courtesy. The only thing i don't like is how the o.p approached the issue. She could have done so in a more mature way.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
truthsayer009:
The way mariangeles carry this matter for head, no be small thing oh. Even quoting the Bible out of context Lmao!

cheesy

You even had to bold the mention?? Okwa m a ria la!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
DrayZee:

Also, I don’t think she stated anywhere that he blocked her. They just haven’t spoken to each other.
you children boys should be there debating on my matter with your free MB. A guy that has already called me last night apologising to me

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

If you carry this toxic orientation into ur mariage .....i know it will wane down before you tie the knot, but if you try it, women will find it hard to leave with you
leave those small children dear. The guy already called me last night apologising.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by DrayZee: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
you children boys should be there debating on my matter with your free MB. A guy that has already called me last night apologising to me
Of course he did. It didn’t take much for me to know he was a proper guy. But you’re taking the side of the person who called him an animal.

Comedy Central undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
leave those small children dear. The guy already called me last night apologising.

This is what I love to read.

I wish you good success, peace and mutual understanding in your relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by SweetCunt97(f): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
izzou:

So in Igbo tradition, na only the guy dey go Iku aka n'uzo abi?

I just dey ask
Yes. Abi no be you wan marry their daughter?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Fiscus105(m): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
DrayZee:

Of course he did. It didn’t take much for me to know he was a proper guy. But you’re taking the side of the person who called him an animal.

Comedy Central undecided

Then animal nor normal human being

Everyone has animalistic nature, when one displaying it, people will label him or her animal
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Fiscus105(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

I'm very sure he had discussed it with grown up sane guys and not nairaland urchins. They faulted him and quickly came back to his sense.

You too should watch tongue on how to table
issues down with one your guy most especially from family sides, his and urs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by sapporo: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

If you carry this toxic orientation into ur mariage .....i know it will wane down before you tie the knot, but if you try it, women will find it hard to leave with you

It as nothing to do with been toxic, let just call it redpill. if the requisite to having a wife @home is to be a fool for her then i don't wana marry.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by sapporo: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

Aunty with a luxury data ... keep decieving yourself. ofcus naa him go beg buh remember if you fool us you can't fool yourself. enjoy d cruise

22 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JordanMichael(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:

Traceey, we have passed that culture things. Now, everyone is trying to be careful and put somethings into test. You see, your man did nothing wrong at all.

How about he does not takes anything to your house but he gives you peace and comfort in marriage and always support if any situation arises in your own family side?

You need to think and go beg your man. So far he's a good guy to you. Somethings just need wisdom. Since he's into going to your house without buying something along. Next time, whenever he wants to go, try and meet him up and handover something to him to give them at home. Maybe as time goes on, he will get used to it. Do this with calm and good words, like you just want your family to see him as a more better good man.

All the very best.
God bless you for this! We need more of you on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JovialJune(f): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

Utterances are enough to know urchins, you married and you talk like this, not even married woman, I pity the poor man who finds himself In ur claws, anyway a girl who was impregnated and bundled to man's house......... we know how she will reason when other sound minds are contributing

Thou I don't believe in epistle u commented above.

Go and check meaning of riffraff and relate it with the way he-she like u behave

Really? Lmao,

So stupid people are in abundance on this forum, wonderful

Continue to assume and speculate your brain out, na you go tire las las.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by NoToPile: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
leave those small children dear. The guy already called me last night apologising .

I almost screamed ope oo! when I read this

grin cheesy cheesy

Happy the little ish has been settled.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Afromentalist: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
The guy is wiser than I thought. He just did what I wanted to advise him to do. Congratulations to the nigga

Those who know, know.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

You even had to bold the mention?? Okwa m a ria la!

Nsogbu onye no nairaland. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JovialJune(f): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
ethicallyright:

Thank you Master.

A perfect scenario would be seeking to marry the daughter of a wealthy man(knows how to make money) who is indifferent about our relationship. But there exists his lazy wife, mother of my girlfriend who leeches on her husband.

To use money judiciously for the purpose of control, I'll have to spend it on the wife of the wealthy man and gain her total support. She'll in turn talk good about me and influence the thought process of her indifferent husband about me.

I'll then get their daughter on a platter of gold alongside her shares in her father's company.

I stand in awe of you master
, you are a great teacher.

Which one is master again, character dey this place sha

TransAtlanticEX why is this one calling you master? Wetin happen abeg?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JovialJune(f): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
truthsayer009:

cheesy

Reason why I want it on FP, I don't know why lalasticlala doesn't want to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JovialJune(f): 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:

What a sassy attitude, be consoling and deceiving yourself that he has apologised, you will soon open another thread for us, e nor dey tey grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JovialJune(f): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Now that I've told her what she might likely do, she wouldn't dare open another thread, we know her type cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
NoToPile:

I almost screamed ope oo! when I read this

grin cheesy cheesy

Happy the little ish has been settled.

Thanks darling. As you're happy for the progress of others, so shall people celebrate you too
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by bukatyne(f): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
JovialJune:

Which one is master again, character dey this place sha

TransAtlanticEX why is this one calling you master? Wetin happen abeg?

Hahahahaha

This was funny.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

I'm very sure he had discussed it with grown up sane guys and not nairaland urchins. They faulted him and quickly came back to his sense.

You too should watch tongue to discuss with your guy most especially from family sides, his and urs
thanks
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by NoToPile: 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
Trayceey:
Thanks darling. As you're happy for the progress of others, so shall people celebrate you too

You are welcome sis cheesy grin
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mariangeles:

This is what I love to read.

I wish you good success, peace and mutual understanding in your relationship.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Fiscus105(m): 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
JovialJune:

Really? Lmao,

He-she hymaphrodite is talk, you say that to animal kingdom
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Fiscus105(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
JovialJune:

Really? Lmao,

Says he-she hermaphrodite, u say that to animal kingdom

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (45) (Reply)

DNA Scandal: "I'm Innocent" - Late Tunde's Wife, Moyo Thomas Breaks Silence / Lady Cheats On Her Husband After Opening A Boutique For Her, Husband Beats Her / This Whatsapp Status Was Posted By Someone's Wife. Should I Tell Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.