Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Canada Or Australia? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Australia? (1096 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canada Or Australia? by talk2yinkuz: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2021
Good morning Folks

Please I am here for your humble and sincere suggestions.

I am in my late 30's married with two (2) kids,
I am a lecturer in one of the Federal institutions in Nigeria with over 9Years working experience and over 15years teaching experience and my wife is Medical Doctor with about 7years experience as well.

Please kindly suggest which country will be the best option and how to go about the process.

Best Regards
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:09am On Jan 07, 2021
talk2yinkuz:
Good morning Folks

I am a lecturer in one of the Federal institutions in Nigeria with over 9Years working experience and over 15years teaching experience and my wife is Medical Doctor with about 7years experience as well.

Please kindly suggest which country will be the best option and how to go about the process.

Best Regards

Canada is your best choice and I think you can move easily to the US. Also American passport is one of the strongest if not the strongest.

Jobs opportunities are high in Canada. I have few friends over. Wanted to move to Canada but decided to stay in UK.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Canada is your best choice and I think you can move easily to the US. Also American passport is one of the strongest if not the strongest.

Jobs opportunities are high in Canada. I have few friends over. Wanted to move to Canada but decided to stay in UK.

Please can you tell us why you stay back in Uk.considering moving to uk too soon.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:26am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Please can you tell us why you stay back in Uk.considering moving to uk too soon.

Its a long story but has to do with the time I have spent in the UK. I didn't want to start from the beginning.

Im quite comfy here now. No need to relocate.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Its a long story but has to do with the time I have spent in the UK. I didn't want to start from the beginning.

Im quite comfy here now. No need to relocate.

Someone also told me the same thing though.I was denied canada visa so am considering uk and i feel i may stay back if am comfortable too..You are the second person telling me this too
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Someone also told me the same thing though.I was denied canada visa so am considering uk and i feel i may stay back if am comfortable too..You are the second person telling me this too

If you are comfortable there in Nigeria just stay. But you can send your kids to school in either Canada or UK if you can afford it.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

If you are comfortable there in Nigeria just stay. But you can send your kids to school in either Canada or UK if you can afford it.

No i meant stay in the uk.I am planning to comw to uk then move from uk to canada,applying to canada or australia from Nigeria is a war now.So my plan was to enter uk and move from there.But i may end up loving it there.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:43am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Have tried my best in Nigeria and have lost hope.Trying to save up to get out asap.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by dawnomike(m): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Your best shot to enter into Canada with your profile is to get a Ph.d scholarship and go via study visa with your family.

Ensure you apply for a work permit for you and your wife before you leave Nigeria. Once in Canada, it is easier to process your PR over there.

How to apply for your Ph.d

Search for schools that offer graduate studies in your area of interest.

Proceed to search for a supervisor which is pretty easy via their portal

Once you have a supervisor, proceed to apply

Once granted admission... Apply for scholarships/study grants

#Ayam tired of typing grin

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Have tried my best in Nigeria and have lost hope.Trying to save up to get out asap.

It may be difficult . Best way to enter one of these countries legitimately is to get a work permit or a Student visa. If non of these two, I will advise you to stay in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2021
dawnomike:
Your best shot to enter into Canada with your profile is to get a Ph.d scholarship and go via study visa with your family.

Ensure you apply for a work permit for you and your wife before you leave Nigeria. Once in Canada, it is easier to process your PR over there.

How to apply for your Ph.d

Search for schools that offer graduate studies in your area of interest.

Proceed to search for a supervisor which is pretty easy via their portal

Once you have a supervisor, proceed to apply

Once granted admission... Apply for scholarships/study grants

#Ayam tired of typing grin

Well i cant do Phd now because i only did MBA..thanks for your advice.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

It may be difficult . Best way to enter one of these countries legitimately is to get a work permit or a Student visa. If non of these two, I will advise you to stay in Nigeria.

Yes am actually entering any of them via student visa.Got offers already in the uk.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Well i cant do Phd now because i only did MBA..thanks for your advice.

Sorry, why can't you do a PhD because you have MBA?

Is it unlawful or what? I have seen people with two phds.

I think PhD route might be your best best if you can apply for a scholarship
Re: Canada Or Australia? by talk2yinkuz: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
Thank you very much for your swift response,
please can you help me with the procedures and how to go about it

cc; @JAYMZIK,
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Yes am actually entering any of them via student visa.Got offers already in the uk.

That's really good. I hope you met all the Financial obligations. It can be very demanding
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Sorry, why can't you do a PhD because you have MBA?

Is it unlawful or what? I have seen people with two phds.

I think PhD route might be your best best if you can apply for a scholarship

I may be wrong.My first degree is Industrial chemistry and Did MBA afterwards.I think if i want to pursue Phd i should have pursue Master within chm or Industrial chemistry.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

That's really good. I hope you met all the Financial obligations. It can be very demanding

Saving up seriously but i should before september.It is very demanding not for children lol
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

I may be wrong.My first degree is Industrial chemistry and Did MBA afterwards.I think if i want to pursue Phd i should have pursue Master within chm or Industrial chemistry.

If you have money you can still apply for msc in any of these countries.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

Saving up seriously but i should before september.It is very demanding not for children lol

Those the Financial requirements covers your family?
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

If you have money you can still apply for msc in any of these countries.

Canada is not granting visa recently even if you have the money.Seems they dont really need Nigeria.That is even you apply from Nigeria though.But uk visa is 90% guarantee if you qualify.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Those the Financial requirements covers your family?

They may need to join me later on.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

They may need to join me later on.

I don't know how big is your family. If you can bring your family it will help you alot to save towards PhD.

Once you start your msc you should immediately start look for PhD scholarships or offer if you can afford it
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

I don't know how big is your family. If you can bring your family it will help you alot to save towards PhD.

Once you start your msc you should immediately start look for PhD scholarships or offer if you can afford it

In all honesty i appreciate your candid advice,am actually bringing my wife along.Just me and her as we are yet to have baby.But i applied for supply chain and logistics and i am certain i can do Phd with that.Are you of the opinion i switch to a programme that can make me run Phd. i just dont like anything chemistry again ahh.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by 0rion: 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
segzyndpep:

In all honesty i appreciate your candid advice,am actually bringing my wife along.Just me and her as we are yet to have baby.But i applied for supply chain and logistics and i am certain i can do Phd with that.Are you of the opinion i switch to a programme that can make me run Phd. i just dont like anything chemistry again ahh.

Good If you don't kids at the moment. You and your wife can quickly raise money. If you are certain you can get a PhD with that then go for it.

My only concern is the job availability with that. I know you must have done your research well on the course.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by oluwatoyosi8755: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
:Those the Financial requirements covers your family?They may need to join me later on.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by ednut1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
talk2yinkuz:
Good morning Folks

Best Regards
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident

These are the threads for canada and Australia. Read and research to see which one you qualify for. Stop openings multiple threads @justwise
Re: Canada Or Australia? by segzyndpep(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
0rion:

Good If you don't kids at the moment. You and your wife can quickly raise money. If you are certain you can get a PhD with that then go for it.

My only concern is the job availability with that. I know you must have done your research well on the course.

I cant get Phd with that even though its master degree programme.And also its the affordable programme that can help me migrate atleast for now.I plan when i get in i will understand the scope better then maybe after 1year can pursue whatever i may settle for.
Re: Canada Or Australia? by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident

These are the threads for canada and Australia. Read and research to see which one you qualify for. Stop openings multiple threads @justwise

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1)

Which Country Can I Travel / Traveling / Nigerians In The Uk Want To Go Back Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.