Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale (25137 Views)

NCC Warns Against ‘Yanluowang’ Malware, Urges Stronger Security Measures / NCC Identifies 2 Cyber Vulnerabilities, Warns Against Public Charging Of Phones / GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
SIM Registration: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale

As Nigerians jostle to acquire the National Identity Number from the National Identity Management Commission offices across the country, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has warned against the sale and purchase of the NIN.

The commission said some unscrupulous persons were cashing in on the enrollees’ desperation to induce them to sell their NIN for a fee.

The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement on Thursday, noted that the buyers of the numbers were also trading with persons “whose motives are anything but noble.”

He said, “The EFCC wishes to alert Nigerians that it is not only illegal to sell their NIN, they stand the risk of vicarious liability for any act of criminality linked to their NIN.

“In other words, they risk arrest and prosecution for any act of criminality linked to their NIN whether or not they are directly responsible for such crimes.”

The commission warned members of the public against selling their NIN and admonished them to report anyone seeking to buy the facility to the nearest office of the EFCC or other law enforcement agencies.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Federal Government through the Nigerian Communication Commission ordered telecommunications companies to deactivate telephone lines of subscribers who failed to link their phones to their National Identity Number.

The Federal Government said telcos subscribers with NIN have January 19 as deadline to link their NIN with their SIM cards while subscribers without NIN have until February 9 to do so.

source: https://punchng.com/sim-registration-efcc-warns-against-nin-sale/

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Days ago them say make I pay 5k. I jejely reverse carry the money enter hotel order orijin with catfish and one packet of Benson.
I can't pay for my right.
Useless country

190 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by uptimum123(m): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
People must sha find ways to make money

Naija our country

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by endsarrrs(f): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
Suddenly they gat their voice back. . Hey toothless dog, your threat have nothing more to offer. . .*spit

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
What OP reported is 100% true! Unscrupulous criminal elements are going about looking for unsuspecting Nigerians to induce into selling their NIN which they will use for their nefarious activities! Please don't fall for it!

One suspect accosted me yesterday offering to buy my NIN for $3 million (USD) but I strongly rejected it. He disappeared before I could call the police.. Same thing happened to my friend, Yusuf. He was offered $130k which he also rejected!

So please, Nigerians, let's NOT be greedy and foolish... Selling your NIN is like selling your freedom, your identity! If anything bad happens, nobody will believe your story.

As for the criminals doing this thing, the long arm of the law will soon catch up with you!

Nigeria must better, by fire by force!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, please this is informative!
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Days ago them say make I pay 5k. I jejely reverse carry the money enter hotel order orijin with catfish and one packet of Benson.
Useless country
5K for your NIN?
Tho you did the right thing with the peppersoup and orijin thingy, but best thing is you should have reported the fraud, that is the beauty of the internet.

If only people know the right way to use the social media to their advantage.

The country is not useless, but it is the fraudulent people and thieves that make her useless.
Nigeria is just an entity, Nigerians made up Nigeria.
Until most citizens decide to live a non-fraudulent lifestyle. Nothing will change.

Bitter truth
On another note. Truth is not really bitter,
Just that people are bitter to truth.

We Rise!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by oluwasegun007(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
NIN registration,

Right move at the wrong time as always

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Starcrest1: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Is that even possible. Nigeria nawa o....

This ain't brilliant.......

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
What OP reported is 100% true! Unscrupulous criminal elements are going about looking for unsuspecting Nigerians to induce into selling their NIN which they will use for their nefarious activities! Please don't fall for it!

One suspect accosted me yesterday offering to buy my NIN for $3 million (USD) but I strongly rejected. He disappeared before I could call the police.. Same thing happened to my friend, Yusuf. He was offered $130k which he also rejected!

So please, Nigerians, let's NOT be greedy and foolish... Selling your NIN is like selling your freedom, your identity! If anything bad happens, nobody will believe your story.

As for the criminals doing this thing, the long arm of the law will soon catch up with you!

Those are the criminals, kidnappers, ritualists, Boko Haram, Pipe line Vandals, and all manner of Nigerians involved in all manner of crimes.

They know what this NIN really means to the betterment of Nigeria, they must have seen how millions of cases abroad have been solved just by the use of your phone number by detectives.

What they are out to do is to buy as much as innocent Nigerians sim card to be using for their nefarious activities, cos if at the end the police track the number, it will be traced back to the innocent Citizens.

It is a shame that even after reading this, you will still find many greedy Nigerians still go ahead and sell their number just to enjoy for now and languish in prison for the remaining years they have to live.

He or she who has ears.......let them ear.

#WeDidOurPart

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by ohosi4real(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Who are they warning me or NCC

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by BlessedNuel: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Things just dey go zig-zag in dx country...katakata everywhere

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Johndaveed: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Quantinew
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by slawormiir: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

MejiLoyon:
Useless country

You are not only a real niggarrr but you also doing well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Soljaboi44(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Bad market for Yahoo boys dem

grin
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Exploiting people at this moment is inevitable, since the Government lack sense.

Mtcheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Dadaboy: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
angry
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by fasho01(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Which one is NIN sale again

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Trimpod: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Efcc nwa
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by onoms4luv(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wahala dey o. what about those NIMC staff hope their names dun reach EFCC hand sha. 10k 15k nor be small money o

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by BennyDGreat: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ok
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by EkelediliBuhari: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:

One suspect accosted me yesterday offering to buy my NIN for $3 million (USD) but I strongly rejected. He disappeared before I could call the police.. Same thing happened to my friend, Yusuf. He was offered $130k which he also rejected!

Wawu
Where you Dey stay

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by cjudy(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
shocked
Where can I get one please. If you have DM me
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by mitchyy(f): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Double wahala
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by PlsBanMe: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
I have completely forgotten we have EFCC.

They have not been in the news and therefore want us to know they are still functioning.

What of the case of that Buhari guy who used over 200m to cut grass? What about that Lagos man who used bullion van to be conveying money up and down on election day?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by cjudy(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
shocked
SilverNorGold:

Oga which kind lie be this? You rejected 3million dollars (1.38billion naira) next time lie to zone B.

Meanwhile abeg give me the guy contact make I contact, he need to buy my own.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by grtboy51(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Abeg u fit direct the person wer want buy the nin to me...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Liposure: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Corruption has eaten deep into our pockets (everything is money in this country)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Internet Data Subscription Are You Currently On? / Xiaomi Redmi 7 Unboxing And Full Review.Default Camera vs GCAM + Price (photos) / Tecno Mobile Is Set To Launch Its First Full-view Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.