Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim (22915 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement / How To Make Your Mtn Sim Eligible For Mtn N200 For 1gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by 33komkom(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Na so we see am oo
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Ejlove4u(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2021
zombie how is this your problem?
West2019:
animal what conscerin God wit sim here u no get respect for God
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by ChelseaArmy(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2021
what about airtel are they doing welcome back?
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by seunoj: 10:37am On Jan 08, 2021
oviexcels:
The ban have been lifted go to the nearest MTN friendship centre and swap your SIM, it's available now

Go with ur NIN slip. The major condition required for them to attend to you.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by ShenTeh(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2021
As at this morning, even though NCC has come around to claim that SIM replace ment can now be done, I know for sure that MTN and Glo have not resumed SIM replacement.

Early December 2020, NCC woke up and instructed the telcos to suspend
new SIM sales,
SIM card registration,
new SIM activation,
SIM reactivation,
SIM replacement
and by extension, SIM porting.

NCC never gave Nigerians an explanation for a decision that affects Nigerians social and economic life this much.

On top of it, the rise in crime rate has made a lot of citizens lose their phones/lines only to face the double tragedy of a loss to a thief and a block by government.

Again, I say we are a bunch of jokers governed by a bunch of monkeys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by edoairways: 10:43am On Jan 08, 2021
Alexdon200089:
The information is true, i work with Telecommunication company(Don't want to mention the name�) Sorry for the loss of your Sim card, but right now.. You can't retrieve your line due to NCC and NIMC issue... Federal government have directed that every sim should be linked with NIN and if you don't link your number you can't retrieve your line at the moment...NIMC link to link customers sim from our date base is down for 4days now... And nobody can retrieve any customers line now till the link comes up
Invariably,it may take up to 4 days to retrieve your line right?

1 Like

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by jarmy: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2021
it s now connecting o.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by johhbekeboh09: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2021
DrChukki:
Go and make complain to your network provider

Except they've resumed operations,few days ago (04-01-2021) all matters on sims were suspended
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by johhbekeboh09: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
what about airtel are they doing welcome back?

Was at AIRTEL shop to do SIM upgrade 04-012021,the officer at counter said management suspended business indefinitely

1 Like

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by modulexservice(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2021
I have outlined what to do here if you lose your phone https://drtecky.com/blog/what-to-do-when-you-lose-your-phone/ but for sim retrieval, it can be done in any of your network customer care centre, closest to you
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by samwillyco1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
dele31:
Someone close to me lost her SIM too but was able to retrieve it yesterday at MTN office in Ibadan

Are you serious? Because I have gone to MTN office up to three times since 15th of December, just to retrieve my number but they said no sim registration and welcome back for now
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Komu1048(m): 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Zealoy:
hi guys my phone was stolen three days ago alongside my business Sim card, but since then I've been unable to do a welcome back for my sim, I was told its unavailable for now pls guys any knowledge on how to go about it cuz am losing a lot of business because of my lost sim

Go to all your sm and announce it there. Link your WhatsApp line with another number and download your contact from your Gmail.com
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by one4GOD(f): 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Zealoy:
hi guys my phone was stolen three days ago alongside my business Sim card, but since then I've been unable to do a welcome back for my sim, I was told its unavailable for now pls guys any knowledge on how to go about it cuz am losing a lot of business because of my lost sim
seems you just arrived earth?. sorry.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Monday60655(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Otunbaigwe:
firstly, which of the network are you using. secondly have you gotten all the necessary documents needed. thirdly, where did you go to that you were told it's unavailable for now

Are you working with MTN? I even went to MTN head office at Maitama, here in Abuja. I was told that welcome back is currently suspended for now by NCC till further notice.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Monday60655(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
oviexcels:
The ban have been lifted go to the nearest MTN friendship centre and swap your SIM, it's available now

When was the ban lifted?
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Ammymadudonu: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
GodWrites:

Which network are you using?

Go to their nearest office or agent in your location and request for a sim replacement.

Since you have access to another phone, call your network customer care and instruct them to block the line, that's if welcome back will take longer than expected.

Why I advice doing that is so your number wouldn't be used for any fraudulent act.

If it's linked to your Bank, also contact your bank as soon as possible. If possible, deactivate all your cards.

Your lost your phone, and that means your information is compromised.

If you can logout your Google account from every accounts and phone, do that now and change your passwords.

Boys are not smiling.

Play your part, and everything will be fine.

As for your clients, I believe you have a way of contacting them.

Update them of your new number. Make an update on Facebook, Instagram or your website if you have one

Make a post about it, and update your contact page too.

For now, Nigeria is unstable and I'm not sure when you can successfully do a sim welcome back.

Good luck.

You sound exposed and mature

1 Like

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by teejayahmed(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
The bigger issue is for people like me who do not have NIN slip. NIMC is on strike, so I cannot register. And MTN will never retrieve your sim without the NIN slip. I am just tired of this country.

The government should allow people to retrieve their line with other government approved ID while NIMC is on strike.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Josywhyte: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
No welcome back for now till they are done with this NIN stuff. That announcement was made on TV and radio
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by dele31: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
samwillyco1:

Are you serious? Because I have gone to MTN office up to three times since 15th of December, just to retrieve my number but they said no sim registration and welcome back for now
I am dead serious. She retrieved it at their Apete office after presenting an affidavits together with a sum of #1000. You can go again.

1 Like

Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Housing(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
Go to the nearest MTN office you can still do welcome back provided you have your NIN
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Housing(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
Josywhyte:
No welcome back for now till they are done with this NIN stuff. That announcement was made on TV and radio

Airtel released have announced that you can do welcome back provided you have your NIN
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Collineno: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
I have been on this matter since December last year precisely second week. My phone was stolen and all effort to retrieve my line proved abortive. However, I was told the ban has been lifted. I have been to MTN's office three times already and still unable to retrieve my sim. The major issue now is NIN synchronization. They keep having NIN network issue. The last time I went, NIN portal went off when it was my turn after waiting for 5 good hours. We later heard that NIN staff are on strike hence the inability to retrieve sim for now. This country is just a joke. May God help us.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by dipotech: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
You can now collect your welcome back SIM, i collected mine today and it was activated an hour later.
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by samwillyco1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
dele31:

I am dead serious. She retrieved it at their Apete office after presenting an affidavits together with a sum of #1000. You can go again.

I will go to their Nkpor office here in Anambra, and see what will happen
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Ucee1999: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
dipotech:
You can now collect your welcome back SIM, i collected mine today and it was activated an hour later.

Please what was the requirements?
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Carlylepneuma: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
Same here men both Glo and Airtel. d security guard I met at Glo office
said it's a directives from NCC their isn't going to be any welcome back and SIM registration anytime soon. Don't know what to do at the moment.... undecided
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Alexdon200089: 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
edoairways:

Invariably,it may take up to 4 days to retrieve your line right?

No.... But the link is up now

You can go and retrieve your line
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by dele31: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
samwillyco1:

I will go to their Nkpor office here in Anambra, and see what will happen
Its alright bro. Good luck this time
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by samwillyco1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
dele31:

Its alright bro. Good luck this time

Thanks
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by coolvitus(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
To fix your phone in nsk come to shop ml6/2 old park nsukka
Re: Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim by Quim2: 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Alexdon200089:

Glo is not working

You still based in ebonyi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instagram Takes Down Tatafonaija Account / Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? / Pictures From Tecno Spark Party In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.