Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice (772 Views)

My Wife BBF Is Changing My Life For Better Recently... I'm Starting To Love Her / Ever Regretted Breaking Up With Your Ex After Starting A New Relationship? / How To Startup a P.O.S Business that will make you Money every single day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Emmadoc: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2021
Sequel to my last thread, I want to give special thanks to enudapan, endsarrs, and Yusufisraelj for the great advice.

So now I have decided to start a point of sale (P.O.S) business in my area.

I need some advice about this business, like,

1. Is it lucrative?

2. What would it cost to start one?

3. What are the necessary measures I need to put in place before starting?

I need your advice, thanks in advance to y'all.
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by proff010: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2021
It is lucrative, and also depend on good location where people can access your service.
You can start with 200k or more it all depends on the withdrawal rates in your location.
You need just a space that can accommodate 2 to 3 people.
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by baralatie(m): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2021
Go to business section
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Elistho(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2021
I am currently doing the business'
It's great, and it's lucrative, but your location matters a lot, the business has certain times you can cash out big, currently the business isn't moving as it used to do, but during the yuletide and new year season, it was boom. You need up to 250k in your bank account and 250k physical cash, this depends on how you want to start, but to cash out big and attend to all customers, have a total of 500k, the more you work, the more money you'll get.
In a very good location, you will make a minimum of 5k daily, my boss do make up to 30k daily. But as a starter, you will make 5k daily. I base in Akwa Ibom state.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Emmadoc: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2021
Elistho:
I am currently doing the business'
It's great, and it's lucrative, but your location matters a lot, the business has certain times you can cash out big, currently the business isn't moving as it used to do, but during the yuletide and new year season, it was boom. You need up to 250k in your bank account and 250k physical cash, this depends on how you want to start, but to cash out big and attend to all customers, have a total of 500k, the more you work, the more money you'll get.
In a very good location, you will make a minimum of 5k daily, my boss do make up to 30k daily. But as a starter, you will make 5k daily. I base in Akwa Ibom state.

Thanks baba
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Emmadoc: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2021
proff010:
It is lucrative, and also depend on good location where people can access your service.
You can start with 200k or more it all depends on the withdrawal rates in your location.
You need just a space that can accommodate 2 to 3 people.

Thank you baba
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Enudapan: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

It's lucrative son,
Doesn't require much to start (Although you will have capital b4 Bank can grant you the offer)
And the bank you are handling there P.O.S will also cover you with insurance, incase if any damage happens (although the insurance is 50/50).
When running your p.o.s stuff, always think of safety and security first, cos it's a kinda risky job
Always go cashless when going home, make sure your shop is heavily secured when going home, all this things to avoid arm robbery and theft which are the common, great challenges people face in p.os
And lastly always shine your eyes make them no dupe you, give you fake mulla e.t.c (, don't accept transfer especially from someone you don't know) any transaction outside the use of ATM should be null and void

1 Like

Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by slawormiir: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Put security measures in place to ensure your safety
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Emmadoc: 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

It's lucrative son,
Doesn't require much to start (Although you will have capital b4 Bank can grant you the offer)
And the bank you are handling there P.O.S will also cover you with insurance, incase if any damage happens (although the insurance is 50/50).
When running your p.o.s stuff, always think of safety and security first, cos it's a kinda risky job
Always go cashless when going home, make sure your shop is heavily secured when going home, all this things to avoid arm robbery and theft which are the common, great challenges people face in p.os
And lastly always shine your eyes make them no dupe you, give you fake mulla e.t.c (, don't accept transfer especially from someone you don't know) any transaction outside the use of ATM should be null and void

Thank you boss, I appreciate your help, but what's the minimum amount one can start up with?
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
Emmadoc:
Sequel to my last thread, I want to give special thanks to enudapan, endsarrs, and Yusufisraelj for the great advice.

So now I have decided to start a point of sale (P.O.S) business in my area.

I need some advice about this business, like,

1. Is it lucrative?

2. What would it cost to start one?

3. What are the necessary measures I need to put in place before starting?

I need your advice, thanks in advance to y'all.

Yea Emmy

Just to contribute to other depositions

POS is a good business to do, its safe investment and capital requirements depends on your pocket.

Location is key, heavy traffic places is best.

Your handlers: Banks or Opay service must always be available and ensure excellent services

You should be able to start with 200K excluding shop, table, chairs, counter, secure box and PHCN bills among other things.

I have not ventured into it, but had a business plan on it last year, could share if you care.
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Emmadoc: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Yea Emmy

Just to contribute to other depositions

POS is a good business to do, its safe investment and capital requirements depends on your pocket.

Location is key, heavy traffic places is best.

Your handlers: Banks or Opay service must always be available and ensure excellent services

You should be able to start with 200K excluding shop, table, chairs, counter, secure box and PHCN bills among other things.

I have not ventured into it, but had a business plan on it last year, could share if you care.

Thanks boss, but 200k is too much for me start with, I will look for something mininal.
Thanks again
Re: I'm Starting A P.o.s Business, Please I Need Your Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
Emmadoc:

Thanks boss, but 200k is too much for me start with, I will look for something mininal.
Thanks again

Okay, sure all the best brother

(1) (Reply)

Would You Remain Friends Or You Would Understand? / Perfect Analogy For Nigerian Women / Share Your Thoughts Fellow Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.