Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? (29666 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Any Pu*sy Without A Little Bit Odour, Is Not Original– Nigerian Lady, Says / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2021
Pablo47:
I did mine 2013, yet to collect
Do u go to ask of it
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by futurerex: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2021
visijo:
Elon Musk no get beards,
Jeff Bezos no get beards,
Dangote no get beards,
Your beard will take you no where. Rest��
How does this relate to the topic

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by johhbekeboh09: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:
6 Years After Registration, I Am Yet To Get My National ID Card

Fellow Nairalanders I greet you all.

I know that i am not the only one on this shoes right now.

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

How Long does it take to get the Original Nigerian National ID Card??

What is really causing the much delay?

Please if you work in NIMC your explanation might be off help here.

What about your NIN?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by zikter(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2021
Mysticwebb:
I have waited for 7yrs and still counting. Got registered in 2013. Till date no permanent or original card as you called it.
Funny enough, the expiry duration on it is 5 years from when you were captured. This means yours has already expired even before receiving it. Mine expired two years after I received it
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Candycrushy(f): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2021
Did mine too in 2014, till date, I've not gotten perm card...given up on getting it tho
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Pinopinodaddy: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2021
I think it may depend on State. I applied 2013 and got mine 2015. That is 2years

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by donmik: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2021
I my own case, a bank told me that the NIN recorded a wrong date of birth for me.
How do I go about this, pls?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by BruncleZuma: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2021
solmusdesigns:

You ain't getting the plastic card anymore.. it's now a digital identity like SSN

Social Security Number is still contained in a printed card format.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by donmik: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2021
AuwalYusuf812:
Do u go to ask of it
Isn't there a way to check online if it is ready?

They gave out this protocol below, long ago, but it never opened:
https://touch.nimc.gov.ng
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Btruth: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2021
ifex370:

7 years
Mine was 2018, meaning that it won't be ready till 2025. God dey.

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

I registered and completed the process for National ID Card with NIMC since 2014, that is about 6 Years ago.

I am yet to get it. I have gone to there office severally they kept saying its not ready.

What do u need it for?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2021
Anything you don’t pay for in Nigeria, be rest assured you would suffer well to get it. We value money too much in this country.

If that National ID had a price tag, I would have applied without coercion. As na free, I just know say the suffer go too much, because we are at the mercy of FG and those civil servants.

I never do am. Yesterday I went to pick up my renewed DL and they said I must present National ID to get it. Say na new directive. Finally they gave it to me and said “You’ll appreciate us o

Ngwanu! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Bmaster(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

you have the temporary card keep using it sis, me as it is now I don't have any of them.

I went to collect mine yesterday but they went on strike,sad embarassed
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by baralatie(m): 10:29am On Jan 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
They are on strike now, so you have to wait till they call off there strike action.....you have been patient enough to wait this 6 years, so wait small again....
grin
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by baralatie(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Bmaster:
you have the temporary card keep using it sis, me as it is now I don't have any of them.

I went to collect mine yesterday but they went on strike,sad embarassed
eeeyaah!

sorry
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by desthan(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2021
The wait is forever, endless.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by johhbekeboh09: 10:33am On Jan 08, 2021
Jentilia:
Most people accept the temporary one now,so make use of it

The temporary ones must have NIN...otherwise it's rejected for any official business This my experience at the bank on 04/01/2021

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 08, 2021
Took 4 to 5years for mine to arrive.
I registered as far back as 2012

You will get a text message once it is ready
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by latuaaa: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2021
jadajada:
U registered in 2014, the validity is 5 years which means the card has expired even b4 u collect it.
Validity is 10 years.. Not 5 years.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by baralatie(m): 10:35am On Jan 08, 2021
johhbekeboh09:

The temporary ones must have NIN...otherwise it's rejected for any official business This my experience at the bank on 04/01/2021
they are two that will issued.
it is the one that carries the NIN that is the real temporary national I'd card.the other one is the copy that your processing is successful

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nnemuka(f): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2021
jadajada:
U registered in 2014, the validity is 5 years which means the card has expired even b4 u collect it.
lies...
Doesn't expire
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by futurerex: 10:38am On Jan 08, 2021
nwakibie3:

He should be asking for TSA details to pay 5k for renewal grin
This is the main reason why I refused to renew mine till date. Voter's card is permanent, why should I pay to renew my National ID with my country of origin E no better make them deport me go my real country of origin even if na Vietnam I go manage am. But, on a serious note, what are we benefiting from government as citizens

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2021
donmik:

Isn't there a way to check online if it is ready?

They gave out this protocol below, long ago, but it never opened:
https://touch.nimc.gov.ng
hmmm 2013 is too long for it not to come out by now.me I do mine 2017
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by bstan12: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2021
adagbon101:
30 to 45 mins you can get your NIN but due to the bad eggs around a week or months. I did mine and collected it same day courtesy 5k
Dem force you for the 5k?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Did mine in 2013, collected the plastic in 2018, expired in 2020. Whenever I upload it on international portals they reject it instantly that it is an expired ID.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by dierich: 10:40am On Jan 08, 2021
Hallabee1:

Aje..

you need slap

What to u mean by he need slap?
I did mine since 2013 and yet to get it. So what is d offence?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2021
Nnemuka:

lies...
Doesn't expire
Who told you it doesn't expired?

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by jadajada: 10:43am On Jan 08, 2021
Nnemuka:

lies...
Doesn't expire
did you have one?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by johhbekeboh09: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2021
baralatie:

they are two that will issued.
it is the one that carries the NIN that is the real temporary national I'd card.the other one is the copy that your processing is successful

Ok!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by cassyrooy(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

I did mine in September ‘13 and got it December ‘18. I think 5years and a couple of months.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ginus001(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

d one you have that you call temporarily is now d permanent
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by nizetee: 10:46am On Jan 08, 2021
Hyperchi:
forever
You spoke my mind!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Quit Tinubu’s Presidential Campaign —jibrin / Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim / FLOOD: Road To Jonathan’s Hometown Submerged In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.