Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? (29664 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Any Pu*sy Without A Little Bit Odour, Is Not Original– Nigerian Lady, Says / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Alban007: 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
I think it takes forever...... angry grin grin
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by extremelygolden: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
davillian:
Did mine in Jan 2014 till now
Nothing yet.....
But people who I registered before got Thiers due to the fact they have people working there in Abuja...
But what I think is responsible for the delay is lack of funds or the funds are being embezzled .

I got mine about the fifth year. Believe me I saw several thousands of those cards where I went to pick mine. And I asked myself why the owners probably have not been contacted to come pick it up.

I think you guys should confirm if your cards are ready through the NIMC website or by using the code (try Google for the code, I have forgotten it now ). Then you can take it up from there.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by shonepet: 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
I actually registered in 2013, in early 2019 I received a message to come pick up my original NIN card.
Due to my type of job and a change of city. I finally picked it up January 2020.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by themountain(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2021
Can someone please explain why there is an expiry date on the national ID Card. My ID Card keep getting rejected for this same reason.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by davillian(m): 12:57am On Jan 09, 2021
extremelygolden:

I got mine about the fifth year. Believe me I saw several thousands of those cards where I went to pick mine. And I asked myself why the owners probably have not been contacted to come pick it up.

I think you guys should confirm if your cards are ready through the NIMC website or by using the code (try Google for the code, I have forgotten it now ). Then you can take it up from there.

Thanks I just tried to check the status of my card but the site is down

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by extremelygolden: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
davillian:

Thanks I just tried to check the status of my card but the site is down

Ok. Keep on trying. Don't give up.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ugotex85: 8:36am On Jan 10, 2021
danietohbadt:
I registered in August 2013, I got it in January 2020....but the card was ready in December 2019.
Don't stress yourself going to their office. When it's available for pickup, they will send you an SMS to come for it in a bank or somewhere else not necessarily their office.
What were the requirements when you went to pick it up?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by collab: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2021
Just show the SMS message.

ugotex85:

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ugotex85: 8:55am On Jan 10, 2021
collab:
Just show the SMS message.

I hope they won't request you show the slip because I have lost mine.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by danietohbadt(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2021
ugotex85:

They will collect the temporary ID card from you, and may require you to buy ID cover... #200.

That's all, you should be done under 5 minutes.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by ugotex85: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2021
danietohbadt:

They will collect the temporary ID card from you, and may require you to buy ID cover... #200.

That's all, you should be done under 5 minutes.
I hope the loss of my temporary slip wouldn't stand as an impediment.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by danietohbadt(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
ugotex85:

I hope the loss of my temporary slip wouldn't stand as an impediment.

It definitely will.
I misplaced mine too initially, had to retrieve it first.

I paid 1500 to one someone I know on the inside, if you don't know anyone on the inside, you'll pay 3k
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
imagrg:
I went to renew my International Passport recently. It cost me just 18k. National Identity Card my foot.
please who renewed it and how many days does it take.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? by wkkwl: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano's Wife Gives Bungalow Houses To Widows In Anambra - Photos / 2019 Elections: Oby Ezekwesili Seeks Public Support; Releases Bank Details / FLOOD: Road To Jonathan’s Hometown Submerged In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.