Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. (453 Views)

Babalola Ashorobi Wanted For Fraudulent Activities And Financial Non-compliance / EFCC Arraigns Man Who Poses As A Woman For Fraudulent Activities / Access Bank Fraudulent Activities. (Pictures as Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by cassyrooy(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2021
Moments ago, I finished working on one of my email accounts and went over to look at other folders to make sure I respond to whatever I find quickly, and knowing that mails can be filtered to wrong sections of my account, I then happen to find out that a criminal and impersonator had left something in there for me to find.

This impersonator/phisher was trying to use the identity of former CBN Governor, Prof. Charles Soludo (prfcharlessoudo@gmail.com)
and current National Security Advisers
Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd)(nationaladviser323@gmail.com) identities and likely believed I'll provide my information.

Here are screenshots of the poorly scripted mail this lowlifer sent to me.

Many might fall but please don't compromise your mails going forward.

Mods should push to FP to create awareness against more people falling for these scammers.

Thanks.

@lalasticlala
@mynd44
@Dominique

Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by EngrMcDon(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2021
Ok,, so what's your next move
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by cassyrooy(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2021
EngrMcDon:
Ok,, so what's your next move
Nothing.

I only brought it here to alert the people.
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by EngrMcDon(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2021
cassyrooy:
Nothing.

I only brought it here to alert the people.

Alright,, thanks for the information
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by cassyrooy(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2021
EngrMcDon:

Alright,, thanks for the information
I still wonder how these criminals think sometimes, I think NCC/NIMC needs to fully integrate the national database so that these faceless people can be easily known.

Just imagine I didn't approach this mail with caution? I would have given up my valid data and get scammed or implicated in another way.
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by EngrMcDon(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
cassyrooy:
I still wonder how these criminals think sometimes, I think NCC/NIMC needs to fully integrate the national database so that these faceless people can be easily known.

Just imagine I didn't approach this mail with caution? I would have given up my valid data and get scammed or implicated in another way.

I guess that's what they are trying to achieve but you should not forget that "THIS IS NIGERIA"
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by cassyrooy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
EngrMcDon:

I guess that's what they are trying to achieve but you should not forget that "THIS IS NIGERIA"
Definitely I'm not going to forget where I am.

Is there a way to report these mails from the comfort of my home or office? I also get their fraudulent calls too.

Law enforcement agencies needs to bridge the gap in crime reporting, and make it easier to do so. This may be a minor criminal but will one day become major.

Make I no empty my mind here first.
Re: Attention: Someone Is Trying To Phish My Information For Fraudulent Activities. by THeCvExpert: 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ok oh... thanks

(1) (Reply)

NIN Fraud / Anambra Police Arrests Thirteen Illegal Revenue Collectors (Photos) / Gabriel Ogbechie Fingered In The Death Of Suspect Who Named Him As Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.