Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year (15563 Views)

Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / Buhari To Military: End Insurgency Immediately / Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by SamuelOamen: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari, Friday, gave timeline to round off the war against Boko Haram and bandits.

The President said the counter insurgency war will be finished this year, 2021.

He called for prayers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria to enable them end what they are doing.

The President, who spoke during the Juma'at Prayer for the 2021 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration at the National Mosque, also assured that "this is a year of action and we will finish what we are doing."

According to Buhari, who was represented by the Defence Minister, Major General Magashi Salihi, "what is happening in this country will soon be over. This year we will finish what we are doing; pray for us that we succeed."

He said that the nation will continue to remember the heroic duties of members of the Armed Forces and will continue to pray for the repose of the souls of those that paid the supreme price defending the integrity of the nation.

The President also assured that the welfare and comfort of the families of the fallen heroes, as well as those who are still alive will continue to get the priority of the government.

The Chief Imam of the National Mosque, Dr. Mohammed Kabiru Adams, prayed for the repose of the souls of the fallen heroes.

He also prayed for an end to insurgency, banditry and other social vices plaguing the country.

https://thenationonlineng.net/well-end-insurgency-war-this-year-buhari/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Marcofranz(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
That's what they've been saying since 2015 undecided

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Racoon(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
Which insurgency? Since when? Government of "FG shall or will".Same BH terrorism that you said have long been technically defeated or terribly down graded but whom you're still granting amnesty & special privileges? Wait Shekau will soon answer you.Ara gbagbue gi there.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by illicit(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
Must u talk

And u know say Shekau no dey like misyarn....

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by jlinkd78(m): 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
To be denied soon. They denied even d ones signed by d Presidency come be this one wey an outsider Minister of Defense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Moferere: 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
Na your people, talk to them, I am sure Shekau will listen if the price is right

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by festacman(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
My president I will rather we end it RESOLUTELY and QUIETLY first and talk about it LOUDLY and BOASTFULLY.

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to you my presido! Excellent health and policy successes in 2021.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by inoki247: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
we will....

we will crush Boko Haram in 6 months. 2015

Boko Haram have been technically defeated 2016

we don't celebrate Christmas with bombing anymore Lai Dec 2020

We will crush insurgency 2021

We never know the rhymes wey dem go use.by 2022..

Maybe insurgency is here to stay na him go b there theme for 2022...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by paulolee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
they don start again...this was one of the campaign promise dt was used to scam us during that "change" era..
if you want to end it, u can still do so without telling the world because if shekau hears this, he may get angry and react by kidnapping or killing farmers to show dt he is in charge..
let me ask...
1..which year are we seeing that #1=1$ ??
2..which year are we seeing that #5000 for all unemployed??
3..which year are we seeing the jobs u promise to create??
am jus asking because am still waiting for those promises especially that #1= $1 promise n thats why am still keeping the $1 bill my uncle gifted me when he returned from u.s..

18 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Oteikwu1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
Why
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Offpoint1: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
Click share if you believe the presidency...
Click like if you think they're drunk AGAIN

Wahala be like Presidency word... Easy to say, hard to fulfill.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by smartty68(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
This one never gets tired of WE WILL!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by AngelicBeing: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
Buhari, shut up, fúçk off and buzz off angry

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by socialmediaman: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigerians don’t hold their leaders accountable that’s why they can promise anything, fail, promise another, fail again, keep promising and failing, and and keep getting away with it.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Goodtimesahead(f): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
embarassed
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by funkybroyouknow: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
yeah and other jokes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Lagosfinder(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
If that could happen president Buhari we go down history as the best president

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Famexit(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
illicit:
Must u talk

And u know say Shekau no dey like misyarn....
grin
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by oluwatosink: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Boko Haram & Banditry have eaten up the North and soon may extend fully in the South. Buhari government Failed in combating Boko Haram. Their hope is to seek foreign experts and soldiers in winning this war
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by FalseProphet1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
That's what he's been saying before he was voted in 2015. Someone should please remind bubu that campaign is over and he's the president. Maybe he still thinks that Jonathan is the president

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by kelvyn7: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
He said "End", he didn't say "Win"

Take note of that.

Besides, I strongly doubt if the president said this... they will still deny this statement later grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by wunmi590(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Yinmu.

Nah everyday unah dey end war against insurgents.

If this your promise doesn't happen this year, we will drag you

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by 44Bulldog(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
I laugh in Swahili grin

This is another joke right?

End insurgency my left hairy ball

#buhariout

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by ignis: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
na mouth dem dey use end insurgency?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by abdulskulboy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
I swear I perceived it that he didn't said this personally before I reached where the post said he was represented by the defence minister.... Buhari is so naive and lack competency. Northerners are living in sorrow while he's always at the Villa smiling... Allah ya_isa

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by solmusdesigns: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
cool

That's Northerners business..... You end it fine, you no end it fine, just keep it in the North

We in the SouthWest want speedy completion of Ibadan to Ilorin Standard guarge, covering all Yoruba land with standard guage

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Don't talk. Just end it. Joke.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by realstars: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Only God.
Re: Buhari: We Will End Insurgency War This Year by Kingpele(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Will u keep quiet,always talking like he is drunk,
+

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation For NEDC Board Members / Babangida Linked To Abacha's Assassination And Abiola's Death / 14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.