Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,224 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! (6033 Views)

Oprah Is A GRANDMA / World Must Flexible Woman Julia Guenthel Shows Things (see Photos / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=20pt]I think Julia Roberts should look up to Genevieve[/size]

Biggest joke of the century.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by saintneo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
Who is this Julia Roberts?
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
Can you summarise your post?

In one line as an Actress!!!

One is light years ahead of the other when it comes to talent!!!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2011
Julia Roberts is massively overrated, anyways.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Isk(f): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: What did you drink to make you post such a thread?
I was thinking the same thing. I dnt knw whether to say nasty things to her 4 ds outrageous post or just laugh at d post. *tsk tsk*
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Isk(f): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2011
rokiatu:

[size=20pt]I think Julia Roberts should look up to Genevieve[/size]

Biggest joke of the century.
Lmao. And maybe brad pitt shld take acting lessons from emeka ike
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by evilspirit: 12:12am On Apr 01, 2011
why do Nigerians think Americans are better them or betterstill why do American think they better than others.this is just a gimmick played by the west.they sell ideas into your brain that are the best in the world and that others are just comparable.they may have the environment but when it comes to individuals .they are not better.nothing wrong in saying julia roberts is America's genevieve inaji.the reference point is always believed to be better,so must they always be the reference point?.i refuse slavery mentality.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by SeanT21(f): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2011
Meldrick:

Shut up ya dirty mouth. angry If you could me closer to me, I would have landed a dirty slap on your cheek for such blasphemy. How dare you? angry angry
Even Genevieve said she was flattered when Oprah called her Nollywood's Julia Roberts. Genny felt elated. You should be comparing Genny with Jackie Appiah, Omotola e.t.c. Ver soon, you will start comparing Jim Iyke with Brad Pitt.

BwahaHahahaha!! cheesy
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 01, 2011
Julia Roberts has been acting how many years before Genevieve Nnaji, yet this multiple-award winning actress should be looking up to a smalli? 1+1 na 3 for your mind abi? You don kolo pass Terry G.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 4:57am On Apr 01, 2011
evilspirit:

why do Nigerians think Americans are better them or betterstill why do American think they better than others.this is all the gimmicks played by the west.they sell ideas into your brain that are the best in the world and that others are just comparable.they may have the environment but when it comes to individuals .they are not better.not wrong in saying julia roberts is America's genevieve inaji.the reference point is always believed to be better,so must they always be the reference point?.i refuse slavery mentality.

Best reply ever! Thank you! you have found just the right words. I don't understand why we always think of our selves as "follow follow", "slaves".
So what is wrong if Oprah sees Genevieve as a role model instead of telling Genevieve to look up to Julia Roberts? Me I am appreciating our own and I insist that Julia Roberts should see her self as America's Genevieve. Anyone who is unhappy should go and jump off 3rd Mainland bridge. To each his own jo!  cool
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Madame, that's like me telling you to look up to a 3 year old. You can type on NL so I'm assuming you're older than 3. Why should I tell you you're America's 3 year old when you're, for example, 25? That's 22 more years of life experience you have over a 3 year old. This has nothing to do with follow follow, and everything to do with experience. Genevieve is one of the best actresses in Nollywood and can be considered a veteran now, just as Julia Roberts is one of the best in Hollywood and is a veteran.

If we were to compare talent, lol, then Oprah should've compared her to,  let me avoid argument.

Bottom line? America is the world's trendsetter, whether you like it or not. Maybe if 9ja had more innovation, the world would be looking at us for reasons other than 419 and corrupt government. The truth hurts.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 5:04am On Apr 01, 2011
chigo4u:

You know your father. iidddioottt! You know me from where. Dull human being making dull comparisons

Common Chigo4u, why are u so worked up on this matter ehn! what is with the insults Abi something else dey inside. When I said I know you very well, I did not mince words. Don't you underestimate me, OK!

Go back to your room now, lock your door and tell yourself you are the biggest iidiooot of all. Just simply say to your self "Me chigo4u, I am the biggest iidiooot of all, Iyeayo is not an iidiooot after all"

So you are my father eh, eh eh, come to think of it, my father (of blessed memory) died 2 years ago. Abi are you dead??
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 5:06am On Apr 01, 2011
ogugua88:

^^^^^^^^^ Madame, that's like me telling you to look up to a 3 year old. You can type on NL so I'm assuming you're older than 3. Why should I tell you you're America's 3 year old when you're, for example, 25? That's 22 more years of life experience you have over a 3 year old. This has nothing to do with follow follow, and everything to do with experience. Genevieve is one of the best actresses in Nollywood and can be considered a veteran now, just as Julia Roberts is one of the best in Hollywood and is a veteran.

If we were to compare talent, lol, then Oprah should've compared her to, let me avoid argument.

Bottom line? America is the world's trendsetter, whether you like it or not. Maybe if 9ja had more innovation, the world would be looking at us for reasons other than 419 and corrupt government. The truth hurts.

undecided true
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by chigo4u: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2011
@iyeayo like ve really crossed my boundary. Sorry for calling out ur father but when I say your father, I dont mean ur father per say. Just normal talk. Sorry if you are offended. But gosh I still don't understand why you can compare Roberts and Genevieve. They are not compareable anyhow. Truth be told. Nigerians mistake misplacement for patriotism. Nollywood huh? Smh. But no qualms sha and you still dont know me. Lol
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by dpunisher: 8:38am On Apr 01, 2011
Oprah just dey scope genevieve. U sef OP unless genevieve is related to u how on earth can u beleive that she is close to julia roberts. in terms of wat is it fame talent money beauty

U neva watch pretty woman, pelican brief ,ocean 11 abi u drink beer before u type that thing.

the difference is very very clear my dear friend ok

stay cool and try to be less sentimental and over hype naija
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2011
why do Nigerians think Americans are better them or betterstill why do American think they better than others.this is all the gimmicks played by the west.they sell ideas into your brain that are the best in the world and that others are just comparable.they may have the environment but when it comes to individuals .they are not better.not wrong in saying julia roberts is America's genevieve inaji.the reference point is always believed to be better,so must they always be the reference point?.i refuse slavery mentality.

Never read so much rubbish in my life! Are Americans better than Nigerians? No, is Julia Robert better than Genevieve? Hell yeah!!! Theirs a big difference in the topic here, but lets broaden it out, sports, movies, music, technology, science, health, government policies they are better than us! But that wasn’t the topic at hand! I know a lot are refusing to feel oppressed by American, how I wish Genevieve and the rest of the Nollywood stars should abandon their HOLLYWOOD DREAMS

And everyone taking the words of Oprah as Gospel, or are we talking about the same Oprah that called all Nigerians as crooks!!! Talking about tokenism!!! Its like accusing someone as thief then hand him a candy and expects him to forget about it!!!!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by spikedcylinder: 9:45am On Apr 01, 2011
Meldrick:

Shut up ya dirty mouth. angry If you could me closer to me, I would have landed a dirty slap on your cheek for such blasphemy. How dare you? angry angry
Even Genevieve said she was flattered when Oprah called her Nollywood's Julia Roberts. Genny felt elated. You should be comparing Genny with Jackie Appiah, Omotola e.t.c. Ver soon, you will start comparing Jim Iyke with Brad Pitt.

I think you should go easy on the insults. I would have deleted your post had you not made some other relating point to the topic.

That being said, what is supposed to be great about Brad as an actor?  You do realise its 'fine boy' that has got him thus far in his career? Him and that Clooney fella. undecided
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Dolemite(f): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2011
spikedcylinder:

I would have deleted your post had you not made some other relating point to the topic.

LMAO.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by perx(f): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2011
Julia Roberts is what?

CLOWNS & JOKERS!

spikedcylinder:

I think you should go easy on the insults. I would have deleted your post had you not made some other relating point to the topic.

That being said, what is supposed to be great about Brad as an actor? You do realise its 'fine boy' that has got him thus far in his career? Him and that Clooney fella. undecided

yes na very 'fine boy' but he is a good actor

HE WAS AWESOME IN TROY & THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON - just to mention 2 for now
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2011
That being said, what is supposed to be great about Brad as an actor?   You do realise its 'fine boy' that has got him thus far in his career?

Hmmm

Go and watch these movies?

Interview with the Vampire
Legends of the Fall
Seven
Meet Joe Black
The Assassination of Jesse James
by the Coward Robert Ford
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

And come and tell he is only a boy with a pretty face and nothing more!!!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by perx(f): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=635278.msg8021167#msg8021167

^^^ Julia Roberts is a farrrrr more talented actress, Oprah was comparing them on popularity alone, not talent

^^^TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by spikedcylinder: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
perx:

[color=#000099]yes na very 'fine boy' but he is a good actor

HE WAS AWESOME IN TROY & THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON - just to mention 2 for now

baby-boy:

Hmmm

Go and watch these movies?

Interview with the Vampire
Legends of the Fall
Seven
Meet Joe Black
The Assassination of Jesse James
by the Coward Robert Ford
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

And come and tell he is only a boy with a pretty face and nothing more!!!

I vehemently disagree with you both. I've seen most of those movies and still insist he's a chewing gum actor. There are some few movies he was exceptional in like Fight Club but I wouldn't immediately class him in the likes of the greats like Phillip Seymour or Pitt's mentor - Redford.

So yep. Pretty face. Little more.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
spikedcylinder:

what is supposed to be great about Brad as an actor?  You do realise its 'fine boy' that has got him thus far in his career? Him and that Clooney fella. undecided

spikedcylinder:

I vehemently disagree with you both. I've seen most of those movies and still insist he's a chewing gum actor. There are some few movies he was exceptional in like Fight Club but I wouldn't immediately class him in the likes of the greats like Phillip Seymour or Pitt's mentor - Redford.

So yep. Pretty face. Little more.

Na iro nla u talk so. How exactly do you determine who a "good" actor is? Considering the subjectivity of notions of "goodness" or "badness" in their varying degrees, the ONLY sure way of determining how good an actor is is by checking how his/her movies fare at the box office. Surely Brad Pitt isn't the finest 'boy' in Hollywood, but he is very bankable - considering the volume of cash his movies generate at the box office. Same applies to folks like Will Smith, Matt Damon, George Clooney and Johnny Depp. Give the man his due jare, Spiky; he connects with his audiences, which translates to box office hits. . .which is why he MUST be considered a good actor. One can't claim to be a good actor while his/her movies perform poorly at the box office.

@ Topic

Julia Roberts I know, but is 'Genevieve' the name of a person, animal, place, or thing? Sounds like a nice name though.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by spikedcylinder: 12:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
pro01:

Na iro nla u talk so. How exactly do you determine who a "good" actor is? Considering the subjectivity of notions of "goodness" or "badness" in their varying degrees, the ONLY sure way of determining how good an actor is is by checking how his/her movies fare at the box office. Surely Brad Pitt isn't the finest 'boy' in Hollywood, but he is very bankable - considering the volume of cash his movies generate at the box office. Same applies to folks like Will Smith, Matt Damon, George Clooney and Johnny Depp. Give the man his due man; he connects with his audiences, which translates to box office hits. . .which is why he IS a good actor. One can't claim to be a good actor while his/her movies perform poorly at the box office.

@ Topic

Is 'Genevieve' the name of a person, animal, place, ot thing? Sounds like a nice name.

Lol. May your mouth bend into four for calling me oniro.
That being said, I started the argument as a reference point to those who were giving examples of Brad as being the epitome of talent in Hollywood. My initial point was "what's supposed to be so great about him as an actor talent wise?"
People were saying Genny and Julia, given the same opportunities and platforms will deliver equally as actors and also saying that in no time, Jim whathisface will soon be compared to Brad Pitt. Like Brad Pitt is supposed to be the ultimate acting god.
Will Smith makes a lot of money box office-wise although his acting is shitty. Same goes to Brad, although I agree that Brad does a better job of interpreting roles than Will.
I hope you get my point? wink
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
Will Smith makes a lot of money box office-wise although his acting is shitty.

Really!!!!

I cant believe you Just said that, do you know how many times or Actors have played the role of Muhammed Ali, even Ali said "he speaks just like me" I would go as far as Will Smith executed his role in Ali better than Denzel Washington did in the Hurricane. but unfortunately for Will Smith each time he is nominated for an oscar he has come up against a very strong candidate with Forest Whittaker in his role as Idi Amin. Look Brad Pitt like Tom Cruise would never or lucky to win an Oscar because of the roles they get compared to Johnny Depp, but to say Brad Pitt is just Hollywood pretty face is a joke!!!! nobody is saying that Brad Pitt is jack Nicholson or Marlon Brando. Am sorry if your looking for an Hollywood's pretty face then you would be looking at actors like Colin Ferrell or Megan Fox.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by MissyB3(f): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
baby-boy:

One is light years ahead of the other when it comes to talent!!!
How do you measure talent?

All things are not equal therefore the comparison of talent is colored  hence the talk of JR being more talented is hogwash.

Like I earlier said, people are taking fame to mean talent in this case. The only true measurement of both talents remains giving both actresses an opportunity to feature in the same movie or play the same character in a movie. Since that hasn't happened, I wonder what other criteria y'all used to reach this conclusion, if not fame.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Dirichi: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
haba! the guy was only trying to be nigerialistic! wink
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2011
post about 2 beautiful women without a single pic? shocked
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Thirst4Lif: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2011
Bottom line? America is the world's trendsetter, whether you like it or not. Maybe if 9ja had more innovation, the world would be looking at us for reasons other than 419 and corrupt government. The truth hurts

The truest and most honest statement EVER!! Kudos for your honesty.

How it is that Africans are not able to thrive IN AFRICA will forever be a mystery to me! African Americans or 'slaves' as some of you say

were taken away from their home continent and exist better than most Africans who've never even left the land!

You're AFRICANS in AFRICA, wtf!!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Royou: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
I don't know what planet y'all are from Julia Robert's is a star, Genevieve is wishing to be a a star, Talent wise, Gene needs to take classes from Julia if she has the time!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nizoral(f): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2011
pardon me can i laff?
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Shokoloko(f): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2011
julia roberts is good, but genevieve is very good considering that she has had no training, but since she has got no training, FOR NOW julia roberts better, however Julia roberts is NOT america's genevieve, right now Genevieve is still nigeria's Julia roberts, GIVE HER TIME

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Slapped Again At Voodoo Lounge, Elegushi Beach. / PHOTOS: Pregnant Tiwa Savage, Wizkid’s Boo Spotted With Lions In South Africa / Mr. Ibu Visits AY Comedian In His Lekki Mansion (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.