Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt (30599 Views)

Court To Restrain GTB From Deregistering As A LLC To Avoid ₦32 Billion Debt / ₦69.4 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Jimoh Ibrahim’s Assets / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by lacastre: 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
Obateru oil....
5bn huge oo...
No wonder Ecobank closed some branches, the money can uphold 3 branches
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Qunu: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
inoki247:
maybe when Nigeria no fit pay back Chinese loan na so Court go say mak dem sell the country.
You are very correct. Key assets of national importance would be taken by the Chinese govt. e.g Airport, Refineries, Seaports, Oilwells.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by nedekid: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Odkosh:
No nnewi man get 2billion, stop your lies
Seriously?
E money nko grin
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by NiRfreak(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Obat is a useless king. He's said to be the richest King in Nigeria and 3rd in Africa... Meanwhile his village, Ugbo, ilaje, in Ondo state riverine area, has no electricity for donkey years....His village also has no portable water. Yet his local government is the oil producing area in Ondo state and the whole of Yorubaland. He sits on billions of oil money
Imagine what 5billion can do for his village......Very useless king

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Focusmind: 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
comshots:
And I dey look for #500k to take hire shop and start my own business I no banks no dey give real investors loan.E fit be say the oba know the bank md that is why them dash am the money.

Banks do not finance shop hiring but they can finance importation of goods to be sold. Be creative again and present a bankable proposal. Your case is like asking a bank for a loan to pay for a house rent.

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
SocialJustice:
Nigerian big men and fake wealth. Either they became rich through loan they refused to pay or economic sabotage. No brain to actually innovate to make sustainable money.

Let’s just say they’re no Elon Musk! smiley
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Thunday1005(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
Aswear smiley
damoceile:
This is how Nigeria would eventually be sold and shared among the countries we are owing shocked shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Kingrefreshed: 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
merits:

Life is full of up and down.learn to stay strong man.

First to comment I don't believe this.

Since you don mekam for life. Abeg fine me 5k make I use Sub!
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Vatod(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
SocialJustice:
The one surviving on its own at some point gets destroyed by government directly or indirectly.
Fact!!!
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by SocialJustice: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
rottable:
For a common businessman to get a loan of 1million na war
Bank director no be their paddy na.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by ugofulfilled(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
comshots:
And I dey look for #500k to take hire shop and start my own business I no banks no dey give real investors loan.E fit be say the oba know the bank md that is why them dash am the money.

may I ask what kind of business. it's ok if you don't want to answer. good evening
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by DarkJeddi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
Odkosh:
No nnewi man get 2billion, stop your lies
You must be mistaking Nnewi with your village people.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
So sad
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by DarkJeddi(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
nedekid:

Seriously?
E money nko grin
E money is not from Nnewi..
Moreover E-money would not be in top 50 in Nnewi.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
ugofulfilled:

may I ask what kind of business. it's ok if you don't want to answer. good evening
Sorry,I no dey online.I be phone repairer.I don buy all my tools.Rework station,screwdrivers,screen seperating machine and battery booster.Na where to stay and work be my challenge.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Focusmind:

Banks do not finance shop hiring but they can finance importation of goods to be sold. Be creative again and present a bankable proposal. Your case is like asking a bank for a loan to pay for a house rent.
Na only Wetin I dey find be that.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by michresakidjo(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hello Obat call Aketi.... Him get money. Covik-19 money or im fit borrow you
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by nedekid: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
DarkJeddi:
E money is not from Nnewi..
Moreover E-money would not be in top 50 in Nnewi.. shocked
Lol, I was just being sarcastic grin

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Focusmind: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
comshots:
Na only Wetin I dey find be that.

I wish you all the best bro. It is really tough out there. More success to your hustle.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by lastempero: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
SocialJustice:
Nigerian big men and fake wealth. Either they became rich through loan they refused to repay or economic sabotage.

No brain to actually innovate to create sustainable wealth.

Na the guy innovation be that ooo
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by arsenal33: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
michlins:
All these banks and there love for dashing money around. Many SME are in dire need of funding but they will gladly give the money to someone who wants to flex his concubines and buy more cars for his convoys
thank you
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Omezif(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
It is unwise to take a considerable amount of debt that you can't pay.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by CloudResident(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
And I hear say the man just buy Brabus 700 worth about 300m last year! Inside life.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Most Nigeria Business persons have not read the book
A Man In Full, by Tom Wolfe
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by Myself2(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Could this be the aftermath of allegedly dishing out hundreds of millions to Toke Makinwa?
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by DONFASZY(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Who will buy d hotel 5b

Even sheraton or ibis is nt upto 5b
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by danny19(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Quality foot wear for cheaper rate just what's App me for it 08135338494

Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by lonelydora: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
ijustdey:
The bank says the company reneged on its promise to sell the hotel and pay the N5 billion debt on or before December 31, 2019.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/435422-court-orders-sale-of-obat-oils-hotel-to-offset-n5-billion-debt.html

5 billion gini?

This Obat Hotel building from inception have been a subject of dispute. When it was built, it was Russell Center, then a law suit came up and it awarded to someone (have forgotten the name), all of a sudden we started seeing OBAT hotel.

Wahala be like bicycle shaa.
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by andriods: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
sapientia:
See madness

You are owing

You have agreed that the hotel could be sold.

Why not join the third party to the suit if you feel it's a scam.

Clowns.

Go school
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by kolade560: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
oka4ugoo:
When you see them flex you go think say dem gather but when you come closer you go understand na bank money dey float them.

Lesson
Slow and steady you go get there but when you enter a deal for quick and fast money come borrow money to make a huge profit it usually end in premium regret.
keep shut coward.....the more balls u gat d more money you make.
stop spitting rubbish, fear of tears is wat is keeping u poor. take risks and leave poverty today!!!!
Re: Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt by faithfull18(f): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
True, a good number of Nigeria's big men aren't seriously indebted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Business Can Someone Do Online To Make Money / Lady Supplied With Water As Vegetable Oil (Photo) / Man In Suit Selling Tiger Nuts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.