Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road (50188 Views)

Relative Of Lady Killed By Ritualists In Osun Claim She Hung Out With Yahoo Boys / Gunmen Kidnap & Kill ETK Amah In Port Harcourt, Dump Body On Bridge / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by dre11(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
Orladue Shidi was accused of being a blood relative of notorious gang leader Terwase Akwaza, alias ‘Gana,’ his family said.

Orladue Shidi

A young man identified as Orladue Shidi has been reportedly murdered by troops of the Nigerian Army, Peoples Gazette can report, based on testimony from family sources. The victim’s family said he was accused of being a blood relative of notorious gang leader Terwase Akwaza, alias ‘Gana’.

A member of the Shidi Akaa-tyem family in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State, who pleaded anonymity to avoid being singled out for victimisation by the military, told the Gazette that Mr. Shidi was extrajudicially killed by army personnel after being held in custody for 20 days.

“He (Orladue Shidi) was arrested on December 9, 2020, at Abaji market along Katsina-Ala Takum road (an interception between Benue and Taraba states) by soldiers from Gbise village here in Benue,” our source said.

“When his sister accosted troops deployed in Gbise, they said they were investigating to unravel whether or not Shidi was related to Gana (a notorious bandit leader recently neutralised by the military),”

“Trusting the army not to act like (the now disbanded) SARS unit of the police (which was infamous for extrajudicial killings), she went home relaxed that her brother would be released upon conclusion of investigation,” he added.

The Gazette learnt that Mr. Shidi was, however, murdered in military custody and his corpse dumped at Zaki Biam road, 182.1 km from the capital city Makurdi. The outcome of the purported investigation has remained unknown.

“A passerby who saw the body discarded by the roadside informed the family about the situation,” our source stated, while narrating that members of the family had absconded their hometown for fear of being hounded and killed by soldiers.

An army spokesman did not immediately respond to how military authorities were working to ensure that the Shidi Akaa-tyem family gets justice for their slain kinsman.

The Nigerian Army has been long notorious for various forms of human rights infractions against citizens, as well as war crimes. Although the military has spent years fighting back against the accusations — establishing a desk to address abuses in 2017— its personnel have shown no sign of improved understanding or importance of human rights of civilians.

https://peoplesgazette.com/nigerian-soldiers-kill-man-for-being-blood-relative-of-gana-dump-body-by-roadside/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Untainted007: 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wetin be him own offence again? Atleast the offender has been murdered.

Perhaps is it an offence to be related to sombori? Nobody fall frm heaven, we are all related to someone or another. Even the great Anini then have relatives nobody threaten them.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by poshestmina(f): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigeria Army is becoming worst than NPF.
sad sad sad

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Kingosytex(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
How can you kill someone simply because he is a relative of a criminal? This is pure evil and despicable.

The killed person might be innocent, he might not be in support of the evils being perpetrated by his brother.

How can you take a life because of the atrocities of another man? It doesn't really make any sense to me.

Our security agents need re-orientation.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Golan007: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
The military isn't made up of animals.

Let's hear their side of the story.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Kingosytex(m): 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
poshestmina:
sad sad sad

Na so dem go dey flex their muscles but if dem enter Sambisa forest, dem go loyal.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by tit(f): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
The sooner Nigerians realize nigeria army is not for their benefit, the better for Nigerians

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by longetivity(m): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
God punish bubu

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Sonnobax15(m): 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
shocked

So long we are all bloody civilians in this God damed country,I won't be surprised whenever I hear news like this concerning our army...

As a matter of fact,the same lucifer who made them to fire at innocent protesters at LEKKITOLLGATE can equally make them to fire at any bloody civilian....Is lucifer not really devil ?

What a shame,the only crime the deceased committed was simply because he was sharing the same DNA with Gana, which has once again proven another disadvantage of DNA test

Na for our body Dem take dey form bose...but once boko haram blow whistle follow Dem,cold go dey catch Dem like fowl wey rain beat

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by FalseProphet1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
I see a great revolution taking place in Nigeria. I see bodies and blood everywhere. Many will perish for this country to be cured

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Jibsy203(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Too bad
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by CoolDesign954: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Very bad
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Tonyspecial(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Dididrumz(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigerian military too dey like flex muscles on civilians.

Blueblood78:

what's d meaning of this?

idiot

Who's the idiot between Me and you who is so quick to insult the next person??

I pity You because this attitude may make you loose potentially good relationships...

Or you probably are a kid who is just privileged to make use of a smartphone.

Advice: don't insult people any how, NL is a faceless forum, Yes, but many have been helped here.

Have a nice evening.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
This is sad..every arm of government in naija is hell bent on frustrating the masses.. No justice anywhere for the masses.
Distance yourself from everything that can lead or put you in trouble...
If it is your hand that will put you in trouble, you better cut it off now or put it akinbo...

If na your dick go put you for trouble
Well, do the needful..

But still on still abeg, am looking for money!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by gurunlocker: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
The way things works in this country, like there's no law or something.

You don't even have the right to arrest the kids of a culprit not to talk of killing them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by mrkings84(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
Who is gana
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Blueblood78: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
Dididrumz:
what's d meaning ?
idiot
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Blueblood78: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
Dididrumz:
what's d meaning of this?
idiot
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by composure: 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
poshestmina:
sad sad sad
What are you saying?
The army is worst than the NPF already. Are you not seeing all the barbaric atrocities they commit everywhere they go?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by extol1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
debbydams, what do you have to say
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by charlesucheh(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
bone weak!
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by ipobarethieves: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
sad
Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by zedman1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wait, if you don't REALLY know Gana, shot up!You might call him a hero but that nigga bad mehn.Then, we don't know this relative of his so we don't know why he was killed. For that, we will not shot up until we know why. Then if we know, if he's of Gana's attitude, we will shot up and move on, but if he's not then this is gross injustice. Then lastly, I think I need to shut up cos I'm behaving like I smoked that ' Dammmnn nigga' guy's weed. I don't smoke,never have but I think I drank too much tonight. Good night everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by Omezif(m): 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
If difference atrocities from some nigeria armed proffessional officers are continue to allow in this country without government making hay while the sun shines to resist them, one day brimstones will fall in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by dragunov: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
tit:
The sooner Nigerians realize nigeria army is not for their benefit, the better for Nigerians

There is no Nigerian army. What we have is Buhari/ Fulani/ Northern Nigeria army.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Man For Being ‘Blood Relative Of Gana’, Dump Body By Road by IbnBattuta1960: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
This is worse than SARS

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boy Stabs Prostitute To Death, Sets Hotel Ablaze In Delta / I Raped Her At Gunpoint To Regain My Respect - Rapist Tells Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.