Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax (18549 Views)

N3m Fraud: Gombe Judge Asks Convict To Pay N20 To Avoid 3-year-jail Term / Soldiers Take Over Lagos Island As Hoodlums Harrass Shop Owners / VIDEO: Tight Security In Maiduguri As Buhari Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
See the fool some idio.ts are campaigning for to be president!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by defcon4: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Oh boy. Which level naija.
Electricity, fuel, bank charges.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by naijadrivablog: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Zulum ebidogo nzuzu
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by kelvinhilton(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
A state that can't guarantee her people safety. Is now demanding 20k Tex bill.

I think is now time we start demanding accountability and transpicuous rule

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by winterfell007(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
But tax is vital to our economy. Please pay your tax grin grin. We need all the money we can get yo improve our infrastructure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Roger3D(m): 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:
Ask yourselves how many Shops are owned by an Hausa or Fulani person? I know this new tax rate will be taking more serious on that Igbo businessman than that Kunu or kuli kuli seller shop.

Funny thing is that it always hit back on we Hausas. Igbo man rice importation business was blocked, rice rose from 8000 to 35000. Isn't it foolishness to rejoice when government torment this hardworking people?

Now, wen they pay 20k, won't they simple raise their commodity price? Last last, na still we go pay the tax. Very unfortunate
Then why can't you ibos just get the hell out of Maiduguri and take your business elsewhere?

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by mechanics(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
When one pay tax and tithes from the business money, they money will finish.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Golan007: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
BigSarah:
These politicians aren't even a tad bit creative.. This is the person some people want in 2023..Nigeria isn't ready

Creative how?

Tell us how government raises money.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by InlandTaipan84(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Make Zulum no go turn Buhari oooo
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by johnmartus(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
If the new policy not favor them they should relocate to where they don't paying tax.
Bornu1stSon:
Ask yourselves how many Shops are owned by an Hausa or Fulani person? I know this new tax rate will be taking more serious on that Igbo businessman than that Kunu or kuli kuli seller shop.

Funny thing is that it always hit back on we Hausas. Igbo man rice importation business was blocked, rice rose from 8000 to 35000. Isn't it foolishness to rejoice when government torment this hardworking people?

Now, wen they pay 20k, won't they simple raise their commodity price? Last last, na still we go pay the tax. Very unfortunate
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by owobokiri(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arrewa:
your eastern politicians are the biggest theives of all time!! This is lift a Twitter... We've now confirm from a reliable source but you've rushed to display your hatred!!

Zulum is better than all eastern politicians put together
If I'm getting more than 3% of all VAT paid in Nigeria before revenue sharing to states, I sure will be "better" than all governors in Africa!

You guys used dubious legislative manipulations to give yourselves a substantial portion of the countrys budget in the name of "rebuilding the North east". You will now start to measure dikcs as if anything you have there is a product of equal earnings..

3 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by JoeEeL(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see hardship biting harder. I see people begging to eat, I see government officials growing fatter on the blood of the masses, I see a big river turned red with the blood of the innocent. We need to be more prayerful.

No prayers needed. We all die
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
For what?
He want use the tax fight boko haram?
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by arsenal444(m): 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
No matter their plans, we must survive
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Academicwizman(m): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
lalasticlala:
As shared by Twitter user, Bulama @Bulama8976

Source: https://twitter.com/Bulama8976/status/1347313431079235584?s=19
The OP appears to be mischievous. Perhaps, this is a smeer political gimmick to counter the rising profile of the Prof in the political sphere.

The OP is comparing taxes for 2 different people without telling us the scale of their operations. You cannot expect a small shop owner to pay the same thing as the one with large shop and supermarket. The small shop might be asked to pay minimum tax while the other person is assessed on direct assessment (DA).

Besides, the OP is comparing actual pay with notice of assessment. The person billed N20,000 may actually end up paying N5,000 if he/she can prove that his income is below the one assessed through best of judgement (BOJ).

The problem is many business men do not provide their books to the tax authority to determine the actual amount payable (it may be zero naira).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Manab: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

hypocrite keep hiding ur identity
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by SirBunky85(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

silly submission
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Stormrest4806: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
edoairways:
If only they had proper books of account,it would have been less
so sad
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Omezif(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
Zulum the governor of borno really made wicked decision.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Sleekfingers: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Bornu1stSon:

na igbo dey import rice abi? I wonder sometimes wetin worry these people...

I remember when tejuosho was razed by fire....dem dey say na igbo dem dey target.... As if na only them get shops for there....the wailing wailer

3 Likes

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
BigSarah:
These politicians aren't even a tad bit creative.. This is the person some people want in 2023..Nigeria isn't ready

Exactly. They have hyped the man to the high heavens. Sotay Yahaya Bello is gunning for Aso Rock. We pray for our own not to spoil, even if they are ready to kill the country.

1 Like

Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Ayo2004: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see hardship biting harder. I see people begging to eat, I see government officials growing fatter on the blood of the masses, I see a big river turned red with the blood of the innocent. We need to be more prayerful.
Your last sentence disgraced your previous context angry
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by yusluvad(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nawa ooo...
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Luckydubby7(m): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
Golan007:

Creative how?

Tell us how government raises money.
Through creating unfavorable and unpleasant environment and then tax businesses managing inside insecurity in return.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by tsdarkside(m): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
you must fill this things out yourself....

its the same with electricity....if you say nothing,they will estimate for you....

its the same in europe....
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Yahsallam2021(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
as your name implies, you are a real false prophet.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Femijohn198: 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
Next level things, by 2023 youth and Nigeria go get sense.Always say no to second term.
Re: Shop Owners To Pay N20,000 In Maiduguri As Governor Zulum Increases Tax by Omofloflo: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arrewa:
your eastern politicians are the biggest theives of all time!! This is lift a Twitter... We've now confirm from a reliable source but you've rushed to display your hatred!!

Zulum is better than all eastern politicians put together
I concur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made APC Attractive To Nigerians, PDP Will Witness Same Magic – Sheriff / Obiano's Donates House & Borehole To Widow (with Pix) / Travel Ban: Panel Submits Names Of 39 Looters To Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.