Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? (46306 Views)

Fraudulent POS Transaction, How Did You Discover The Culprit? / How Fraudulent POS Agents Can Use Your ATM Card To Withdraw Without OTP From You / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 5:48am On Jan 09, 2021
Scrupulous419:

Cambodia goat

A scammer is what you're a. You need to be arrested.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by nolywe(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2021
I need to learn how to move money from a debit card without otp...please dont tell me card gift...coz ive tried all of them
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by toolate2fail(m): 5:51am On Jan 09, 2021
Simple go to that bank stanbic log it as dispute it may come back successful as in approve but let the bank tell your the agent that owns the POS and the bank this will make you know who used ur wife card.

Note: Was ur wife card stolen? Else she must have compromise her pin.
Block that card immediately.

The last thing I will want to tell u I can't type it here.thanks
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Scrupulous419(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:

See dog. E pain me say this 404 na Benin boy. Ewe

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by AmigoDeDon(m): 5:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Go to your bank create scenes they will help you.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by dinocy(m): 5:56am On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:
On the 6th of January, the sum of Twenty Five Thousand (25000) Naira was fraudulently withdrawn from my wife's Stanbic ibtc Bank Account. What baffles me was she didn't get alert for the transactions till even as i types this. She found out her money was missing when she bought airtime directly from her account.

We went to the bank to get statements of her account put realised her ATM CARD was used on the POS centre and machine below in the picture.

Please, how do we track this transaction?
Thanks

I think somebody close your wife did this. Because for her not to get alert means it was deleted from her phone.
My thoughts though.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by AfriNotesNEWS: 6:01am On Jan 09, 2021
Sorry an insider did that

The person also has access to ur wife phone and may have deleted the Alart sms

This happened to me in 2019...

The person I kept under my roof

Was busy stealing money from my account

She did this for months.. with out knowing..

First I was mad at my bank

No until I decide to visit the back to ask why

That was when I discover it all...

So be careful.. with those around u

Good luck
mabeni:
On the 6th of January, the sum of Twenty Five Thousand (25000) Naira was fraudulently withdrawn from my wife's Stanbic ibtc Bank Account. What baffles me was she didn't get alert for the transactions till even as i types this. She found out her money was missing when she bought airtime directly from her account.

We went to the bank to get statements of her account put realised her ATM CARD was used on the POS centre and machine below in the picture.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 6:05am On Jan 09, 2021
Scrupulous419:

See dog. E pain me say this 404 na Benin boy. Ewe
Your name and dp said it all. I can see you're operating a new account after they have blocked you severally. Seun Osewa need to act on this your current account.

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Scrupulous419(m): 6:06am On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:

Ewu Cambodia, ask ur stupid self or op whether nairaland na bank were them they help track fraudulent pos transactions.

Foooool take ur head out of ur ass

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Growingboi(m): 6:06am On Jan 09, 2021
What did the bank tell you or what did you discover pls?

AfriNotesNEWS:

Good luck
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 6:07am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:
Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.

Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

No let dem run you street.

Don't say what you don't know.
Probably an insider used her card at the POS center and maybe the person had access to her phone and then deleted the transaction alert.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jessepaid(m): 6:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Shit...well
Technically, you can...
In reality..
You can't....
You will just go to the bank and be filling endless forms..
The bank will ask if you made any pos or online transaction lately... You say yes.... They block your atm and give you a new one...
Your money has gone....forget it..
Your money is not safe in Nigerian banks..

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 6:09am On Jan 09, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

Good luck
God bless you abundantly and some people are already painting POS a bad name
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 6:10am On Jan 09, 2021
Abi o
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 6:11am On Jan 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Probably an insider used her card at the POS center and maybe the person had access to her phone and then deleted the transaction alert.
Exactly
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Kraspo(m): 6:12am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

This in turn also put the agent backer at risk. Because a stolen device can be used to transfer the money to his account while he parts with the cash leaving him at the mercy of the police

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 6:19am On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:

Yen yen yen. The same way you're painting us black is how God will paint you black. There's no doubt there are are evil people every where trying to sabotage the good one's image. But doesn't mean you should generalise it. How has the withdrawal affected the POS merchant? He came to their house to steal the card abi? Everyone is trying to avoid problem so even if come to me make withdrawal by transferring to me, don't you I am also at risk? How do I believe the account is even yours?

God will paint your family and generation black.

You really lack manners on how to construct a sensible arguement without cursing.

I can see your level of idiocy.

Fvck you and your generations.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by avosoft: 6:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Either someone got her account pin or she must have given it out.

What the fraudster does is that once they get access to your account details, the disable the SMS alert and email alert.
Then they do all their nefarious activities,

She should not in any way give any information out
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Don't say what you don't know either.

Using the word PROBABLY and MAYBE means you are NOT sure either.

Stop defending POS scammers.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 6:24am On Jan 09, 2021
Kraspo:

This in turn also put the agent backer at risk. Because a stolen device can be used to transfer the money to his account while he parts with the cash leaving him at the mercy of the police

How many times do POS agents ask if a customer is the true owner of the account or device he/she is transferring from?
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by pode(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2021
Go to the pos point with this you will be able to stop them
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Fakbrown: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2021
From what I can deduce from this transaction is someone she knows that has access to her atm and her phone did carried out that transaction, otherwise she would have received an alert, the cash was withdrawn and alert deleted, I think the may not have came from the operator or person in charge because every transaction you do needs your PIN for the transaction to be completed, my advice try and get the full detail of that transaction, ask persons maybe children, relative or a family friend who has access to your house, because I think it came from there, my one cent

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by yoboone(m): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2021
Anfield247:
Somebody might have snaped her atm card, and I guess it's somebody that is close to her that did it. They also deleted the debit alert too...

GBAM! You nailed it.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

Don't say what you don't know either.

Using the word PROBABLY and MAYBE means you are NOT sure either.

Stop defending POS scammers.
So how are you sure it was POS scammers? What's your evidence? For her not to have seen alert on her Phone proves it wasn't a POS scammer.
I have a POS center too. Receiving transfer is even more dangerous than using the ATM card. I don't receive transfer.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

How many times do POS agents ask if a customer is the true owner of the account or device he/she is transferring from?

That's why I don't accept transfer from people I don't know.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 6:46am On Jan 09, 2021
avosoft:
Either someone got her account pin or she must have given it out.

What the fraudster does is that once they get access to your account details, the disable the SMS alert and email alert.
Then they do all their nefarious activities,

She should not in any way give any information out
Disable SMS or email elert? Why u dey bobo us?
That's not possible.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by suraaj(m): 6:46am On Jan 09, 2021
Such happened to my sister too but be very careful in taking action. My sister noticed 200k missing from her acct, she called me and we went to the bank, they told us 180k from an ATM machine 20k thru POS luckily its their bank machine, they called us after a week.when they showed us the pix of who made the withdrawal, gbam, her last born pix pop up a boy of 17 years. What pain me most is, we are making all the moves together with the boy, even to the bank.hope you get my point, look around you very, everybody from 15 years is a suspect.

27 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by HabaHaba: 6:48am On Jan 09, 2021
mabeni:

Thanks

There's the name of the POS agent in that receipt. Why not search for that agent and then arrest him using Civil defense corps.

Usually its eve EFCC that people report to, and they work like wonders!

But be careful you don't implicate the wrong person.
Meanwhile, have you filled complaint forms at the bank a d follow up with the EFCC?

You will surely recover your money, don't worry. Eventually na you go dey tell people how to recover fraudulently stolen monies.
Shallom!
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by HabaHaba: 6:51am On Jan 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Disable SMS or email elert? Why u dey bobo us?
That's not possible.

I can authoritatively tell you fraudsters DISABLE SMS alerts. Just be careful bro, anything I repeat IS POSSIBLE WITH THE COMPUTER and a well trained programmer/hacker!
Hacking is now a full time job for fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Bishop1monte(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

It isn't a POS agent but parkway store. Stop killing our POS business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Are Forced To Sleep With 10 Men Daily, Given N500 Food Daily - Anambra Girls / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Christians In Southern Kaduna, Kill 12 (Graphic Pics) / Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.