Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:40 PM

PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? (45729 Views)

Fraudulent POS Transaction, How Did You Discover The Culprit? / How Fraudulent POS Agents Can Use Your ATM Card To Withdraw Without OTP From You / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
It's easy. I have a PoS outlet and I can tell u how to track it.

you don't have a POS outlet lair

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 9:46am On Jan 09, 2021
honesty4Nigeria:

look at your short brain, does bank ATM verify if the card is for the owner? as far your pin is correct the POS operator does not owe you any explanation. you go and open your own pos and be embarrassing your customers.

Stop displaying your idiotic prowess.

Go back to my statement that linked that nonsensical comment of yours with mine and reason clearly.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by emimore: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:
Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.

Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

No let dem run you street.

You're myopic with what you just wrote. Everybody just wakes at the slight change in their account to accuse POS this days. If you're not careful with the way you use your personal details, don't blame POS marchants when something go wrong
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by highness25(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:
Using ATM Card at POS terminals puts you at risks.

Try as much as possible to make USSD transfer to the POS agent account when you need to transact.

You need to run away from any POS agent who refuses to receive transfer from you.

No let dem run you street.

What are you even saying? What if the transfer is coming from a stolen phone, account etc? I'm a POS agent and I've vowed never to accept transfers from strange people except I know your mother, father and siblings in case of anything. Please it's always good to think both the positive and negative way of things

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2021
emimore:
You're myopic with what you just wrote. Everybody just wakes at the slight change in their account to accuse POS this days. If you're not careful with the way you use your personal details, don't blame POS marchants when something go wrong

Explain 'being careful' to the world here and let's see your wide view.

Let's see how that contradicts what you quoted blindly.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2021
highness25:
What are you even saying? What if the transfer is coming from a stolen phone, account etc? I'm a POS agent and I've vowed never to accept transfers from strange people except I know your mother, father and siblings in case of anything. Please it's always good to think both the positive and negative way of things

I'm saying I can't hand over my ATM card to any third party for whatsover reasons and I stand by it.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by dview001(m): 10:06am On Jan 09, 2021
I was robbed off my phone and ATM card on the 6th of December 2020, being a Sunday I couldn't go to the bank. On the 7th , I went to the bank to report the case , so my account could be blocked.

On getting there, I was told my account had been tampered with it. The heights of it was, that they fraudulently transfered 14k and 20k respectively into my account and withdrew them.

The teller guy asked me if I was expecting a transfer from so so so person , I told him NO!. He alerted me that , as we were speaking those fraudsters were checking my account balance . The bank blocked my account for me , money could come in but won't be able to go out.

From the bank, I went to the police station to write a report and I told them I needed to track my money they told me "money is very hard to track but my phone could be tracked" , if only i could be able to pay a token of 30k. Angrily, I wrote my report and left the station. Since I didn't trust the Nigerian police report I wrote , I went to obtain an affidavit incase the people that owned the 14k and 20K respectively , decided to trace their money.

It's sad.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by BillyGilmour: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:
Only God will help a POS operator in this country. Police will arrest you on top Nosense thing, arm robbers will come for and thesame police won't help, charge backs, even money, fake money, dem o see the money, the money wey you give me no correct (after leaving o), fraudulent transaction, etc. Make una pray for us o.
i swear bro
Do u operate a pos?
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 10:16am On Jan 09, 2021
BillyGilmour:
i swear bro
Do u operate a pos?
I do. Am a CM for moniepoint as well.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by miniziter(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2021
dview001:
I was robbed off my phone and ATM card on the 6th of December 2020, being a Sunday I couldn't go to the bank. On the 7th , I went to the bank to report the case , so my account could be blocked.

On getting there, I was told my account had been tampered with it. The heights of it was, that they fraudulently transfered 14k and 20k respectively into my account and withdrew them.

The teller guy asked me if I was expecting a transfer from so so so person , I told him NO!. He alerted me that , as we were speaking those fraudsters were checking my account balance . The bank blocked my account for me , money could come in but won't be able to go out.

From the bank, I went to the police station to write a report and I told them I needed to track my money they told me "money is very hard to track but my phone could be tracked" , if only i could be able to pay a token of 30k. Angrily, I wrote my report and left the station. Since I didn't trust the Nigerian police report I wrote , I went to obtain an affidavit incase the people that owned the 14k and 20K respectively , decided to trace their money.

It's sad.
Sorry for the lost bro. But someone will still come and say its a POS operator that did it o.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by ojophilip(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2021
Kindly update us... by now the money must have been returned. The error occurred on most of us using stanbic bank.... mine has been returned
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by honeymsea(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Na only God go help us POS agents, the risk ehmm, I've read all lines on this thread, I do accept transfers but not more than 20k, but seems now I'll limit it to 5k or strictly people I know. Abi fraudster go come transfer only 5k? They're usually greedy and wants to transfer everything. Lord help us.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by honeymsea(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2021
honeymsea:
Na only God go help us POS agents, the risk ehmm, I've read all lines on this thread, I do accept transfers but not more than 20k, but seems now I'll limit it to 5k or strictly people I know. Abi fraudster go come transfer only 5k? They're usually greedy and wants to transfer everything. Lord help us.
my first comment on nairaland anyways...!!!!!!
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

Now I see the level of your tech advancement.
I do POS transaction and it's strictly based on transfer with the agent I use.
As a good customer, the agent doesn't have any issue with me.
You are the dumber here.
that agent accepting transfer from you is as dumb as u
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by ezekins: 10:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Please note that the transaction was done on a pos, as such your ATM card was physically at the place of transaction and your PIN was input to authorise the transaction. Who and who has access to your ATM card and PIN? You can trace the pos terminal that carried out the transaction through their provider. If you don't know how to do this then reach out to me.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2021
honesty4Nigeria:

that agent accepting transfer from you is as dumb as u

He's not dumb cos he knows how to handle his business and customers well.

Go and learn from your masters.

grin
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Crunchyg2: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
A woman came over to one of my PoS' outlets the other day. She was jittery and restless.

Fast forward>>>>

I handled d transaction by myself. After the transaction, she got alert in a phone. She shouted yes, in excitement! "This is why I came with the phone, so I can delete the alert she proclaimed". I asked why? And she said, it's her husband's ATM card. I said oh! I was like if ur husband could trust you enough with his ATM pin...... And she said that I won't understand. I mind my business after all

My point is, someone close is most of the times responsible for such cash out. A good thief will not spare any amount in the account.
You guys should check; there's a resident thief close by.

MOST PoS AGENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE. MOST!
Please I am interested in starting a POS business in Lagos. Plz I will like to know like how much I can be making in a say in a busy area like market in Lagos and which bank is best to use that can give me pos fast
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2021
miniziter:
Only God will help a POS operator in this country. Police will arrest you on top Nosense thing, arm robbers will come for and thesame police won't help, charge backs, even money, fake money, dem o see the money, the money wey you give me no correct (after leaving o), fraudulent transaction, etc. Make una pray for us o.

I can imagine your pain. What people do in the country just to survive yet everyone seems to be out to frustrate their effort. It is well.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by highness25(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

I'm saying I can't hand over my ATM card to any third party for whatsover reasons and I stand by it.
OK.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by nobilie: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2021
Scrupulous419:

See dog. E pain me say this 404 na Benin boy. Ewe
You are calling someone a scam. What do you need the CV number for?
The scanned copy OP provided has shown the POS account name. Do u want to move the remaining balance on the line?
The OP need help not another scamming.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

oga na poverty dey make you think like this. people that buy goods a lot cannot do without POS. what if you travel to a place without bank?
how many Local government in your state can you find bank? you hardly travel to do business due to poverty and that is why you think this way.
most business men are grateful to POS operators because they no longer travel with money and be at the mercies of highway robbers.
yet one poverty simp is making a vow never to use POS, thereby affirming that he will remain poor.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2021
honesty4Nigeria:

oga na poverty dey make you think like this. people that buy goods a lot cannot do without POS. what if you travel to a place without bank?
how many Local government in your state can you find bank? you hardly travel to do business due to poverty and that is why you think this way.
most business men are grateful to POS operators because they no longer travel with money and be at the mercies of highway robbers.
yet one poverty simp is making a vow never to use POS, thereby affirming that he will remain poor.

Thank you. Na poverty.

No amount of your blabbing can convince me to be gullible by handing my ATM card to third party and crying foul later when I see debit alert from unknown sources.

grin
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Jimmyubah2: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

You should also note that Using ATM cards at POS terminal puts users at risk with the advent of POS devices that are set to automatically store logs...

Nobody is to be left vulnerable in business.

I'd rather move away from your shop than transact with you with my ATM card.

Take it or leave it.
Does it store your pin? Does it store your account number?
Please say another thing.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 11:02am On Jan 09, 2021
honesty4Nigeria:

Elon Musk dey use POS too abi? grin

Using POS now is the measure of how wealthy someone is in your village.

Una mumu never do.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

He's not dumb cos he knows how to handle his business and customers well.

Go and learn from your masters.

grin

the more you talk, the more you show how dumb you are. no sane agent accept transfer anymore. except he is plain stupid like you
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Does it store your pin? Does it store your account number?
Please say another thing.

Go ahead to start test running your ATM cards at different POS terminals.

But don't come back here to report any fraudulent activities made on your account.

Una no wan learn.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Tenshades(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2021
honesty4Nigeria:

the more you talk, the more you show how dumb you are. no sane agent accept transfer anymore. except he is plain stupid like you

Shut your dirty mouth...

I made transfer yesterday with the POS agent I use here and no issues.

Many POS agents are out there who know their businesses better.

No come here dey disgrace yourself.
grin
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

Elon Musk dey use POS too abi? grin

Using POS now is the measure of how wealthy someone is in your village.

Una mumu never do.
am talking about business in Nigeria and how Nigeria works and this cow is taking about elon musk. this is why you have remain poor because you keep admiring rich people instead of working hard. mentioning elon musk shows you really dumb, immature and inexperience about business in Nigeria. grow up and leave the internet. you sleep here day and night, go and work like other people and your mindset will be reformed. can't you see everyone is faulting every word you say? it means you need help.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Vasgas: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2021
CamusMidas:

They were paid, they should be the one thanking me for paying their bill.

You become teacher to receive by force thanks from your student?

You most be very pathetic and self centered to be expecting gratitude for doing your damm job.
Okay sir.

I am not a teacher but a student, I just believe that no amount of money paid as school fees can be used to quantify the work done by those teachers who positively influence their students.

CamusMidas, have a lovely day.
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2021
GeneralPula:
Eeeyah.. Make una stop using POS, Bank Apps. Anything that is call APP can be hacked and compromised...Just as they do hack people facebook, instagram and so on...Bank apps are possible to compromised too. The situation now is The more wise you're, the more safer your account !

Stuffs like this will be happening in Nigeria, now that we're going more Digital. With everyones BVN, NIN out there, no account will ever be safe 100% anymore !

Dang!!
Olodo with swag
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2021
Tenshades:

Shut your dirty mouth...

I made transfer yesterday with the POS agent I use here and no issues.

Many POS agents are out there who know their businesses better.

No come here dey disgrace yourself.
grin

elon musk why are you crying? you that don't have money is transferring money? wonders shall not end
Re: PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? by GeneralPula: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Olodo with swag

What's your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Father Almost Killed Me With Sex, 10-year-old Cries / Eiye & Aiye Cultists Denounce Their Membership During Public Rally In Lagos.PICS / Favour & Ella: Lady Beaten To Pulp By Friend, 6 Others Who Ganged Up Against Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.