Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others (28215 Views)

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / Twitter Permanently Suspends Donald Trump / Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by olajizz01(m): 5:29am On Jan 09, 2021
GamalNasser:
Twitter end is coming soon ..The democrats will definitely decend on Big tech
Ipob extremist with warped thinking faculty, your reasoning is no difference from Book haram extremist.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Racoon(m): 5:30am On Jan 09, 2021
Twitter may be acting with a subtle intention to stifle free speech but it is not hidden to the discerning public that all these people supporting Trump have been reckless in their utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Vasgas: 5:32am On Jan 09, 2021
How can anyone forget their teachers? Who taught them from primary to the tertiary level Can you still recall the name of the teacher that taught you ABC or Tables. Many teachers bathed you in the pool of their knowledge and shape you into what you are now.

thankyouteacher

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 09, 2021
post=97869072:

END OF THREAD!!!
have you heard of Parler? Google it. I bet you will start hearing more of it with this rubbish twitter has just done.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Golan007: 5:34am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I see no future for social media. Mark this statement
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.

Where would they go if not to social media?

Good old beer parlour?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Golan007: 5:35am On Jan 09, 2021
Karlovich:
So much for freedom of speech, yet they never censored AOC or Kamala when they were inciting violence on these platforms last year.
Give us some quotes.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by fabian063: 5:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

Jack actually asked people to donate funds into their accounts.

I don't care if your country burns as long as mine does not

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters
The endsars protest was once peaceful and it attracted the support of outsiders until the enemies of the nation decided to use their resources to cause mayhem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Golan007: 5:38am On Jan 09, 2021
cenaman:
Anything IPOB support always end in........

Disaster.

Yes, I said it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Lashist(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters
Touts that govt sponsored to invade places are now peaceful??...abeg dont ban me for disagreeing with you o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by ArticleBeast: 5:58am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.
Speech can never be free. And humans can never be free

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by SeniorGee(m): 5:59am On Jan 09, 2021
This one Twitter is forming lord over all... When an idol becomes uncontrollable, we will show him the tree he was cut out from. There was life before Twitter, there will be life after Twitter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by blamingthedevil: 6:00am On Jan 09, 2021
fabian063:
The endsars protest was once peaceful and it attracted the support of outsiders until the enemies of the nation decided to use their resources to cause mayhem

Sharapp.... Peaceful blocking other Nigerians from going about. Instigating violence through social media that massacre took place, which never happened

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by codslic: 6:03am On Jan 09, 2021
Time for all lovers of free speech to deactivate and uninstall these idiots.
Like Trump or don't like Trump, free speech is a right. Twitter is never responsible for anything Trump tweets.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by kingxsamz(m): 6:14am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

When you break Nairaland's rules, what happens to your account? Exactly. Now you get it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
have you heard of Parler? Google it. I bet you will start hearing more of it with this rubbish twitter has just done.

They have blocked parler too and removed the app from Google play store and Apple play store too.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 09, 2021
emmachukwu99:

They have blocked parler too and removed the app from Google play store and Apple play store too.
they didn’t “block” Parler. They just removed it from some OS like you said. Doesn’t mean the site can’t be accessed directly or found on other OS. More OS can be created too. These guys just waged war on half, if not more, of America and the private sector will respond accordingly.

Business is all about meeting a need and twitter and Facebook etc. are creating a need for tech platforms that accept free speech. Fox News was created in 1996 out of a need for conservative slanted news coverage in the midst of liberal dominance of the mainstream media. Today they are the most viewed news network in America.

9 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by timay(m): 6:35am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.

Those social media boss just shot themselves in the foot with these moves.
The Democrats will surely come for them after these trump issue dies down in like a year's time, having seen the power their platform wield. This events will be a justification for it in future

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by LordsBattleAxe(m): 6:39am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.
apt

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 09, 2021
timay:

Those social media boss just shot themselves in the foot with these moves.
The Democrats will surely come for them after these trump issue dies down in like a year's time, having seen the power their platform wield. This events will be a justification for it in future
I swear very bad move. They won't understand till later. I wasn't expecting them to actually take the bait. They just made Trumps movement stronger and more radical in their beliefs. And that's not necessarily a good thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
they didn’t “block” Parler. They just removed it from some sharing platforms like you said. Doesn’t mean the site can’t be accessed directly or found on other sharing platforms. More sharing platforms can be created too. These guys just waged war on half, if not more, of America and the private sector will respond accordingly.

Business is all about meeting a need and twitter and Facebook etc. are creating a need for platforms that accept free speech. Fox News was created in 1996 out of a need for conservative slanted news coverage in the midst of liberal dominance of the mainstream media. Today they are the most viewed news network in America.

Trump as a business man can influence another OS to compete with Android and iOS(where those free speech is disabled) or he can create one..

What do you think?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by ajailer(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

you are spewing trash, when was any airport in Nigeria invaded, I don't know why u were made a made a mod sef with this your attempt to twist reality..... if u like ban me. shebi twitter don ban trump permanently.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by piyoo91: 6:55am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

as MOD On this forum, can't u see all this tribalistic and hate speech flying up and down on this forum? Isn't it irretating to u? You guys should do somthing about it

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 09, 2021
emmachukwu99:

Trump as a business man can influence another OS to compete with Android and iOS(where those free speech is disabled) or he can create one..

What do you think?
He absolutely can. One thing they can't take away from him is his influence and the strong following he commands. I believe any new free speech platform he throws his weight behind will definitely grow faster. They will grow without him regardless because with this rubbish Twitter and co. just did, they have created a demand for free speech supporting tech platforms and the private sector will respond accordingly. But Trumps endorsement will certainly help as well.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Just take a look at how powerful these app owners are!

One adamu like that was raving like a mad dog while threatening Twitter few months ago. Am sure he is ignorant

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Laboni: 7:02am On Jan 09, 2021
The media that should be neutral in democracy has now become a willing tool for political struggle.. What I know is that the incoming Democrats administration in USA will surely deal with this big techs.. Mark my words.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by properties4sale: 7:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

Baba, u are very wrong on this one, and telling a totally different story. The EndSARS protest never started with destruxtions, it only deteriorated to that when hoodlums came in... at that point people started condemning it. Stop misrepresenting facts bro. U are a mod I should expect better from you bro.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by ejanla077: 7:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

Coming from someone who bans for contrary opinion

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by frowland(m): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

Tech analysts popping out of the woodworks.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2021
frowland:

Tech analysts popping out of the woodworks.
I'm not a tech analyst. Just someone with common business sense, which you apparently lack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroonian Church Holds Thanksgiving Service For The Late Queen. Pics And Video / Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed / There Is No Victory For The Poor Ukrainians - Hungary PM, Orban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.