Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others (28216 Views)

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / Twitter Permanently Suspends Donald Trump / Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by femi4: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

Jack actually asked people to donate funds into their accounts.

I don't care if your country burns as long as mine does not

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters
liar liar

Jack and majority of the people at the forefront of the protest emphasized on PEACEFUL protest

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by frowland(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
I'm not a tech analyst. Just someone with common business sense, which you apparently lack.

You have no idea man. Parler is currently crying of bankrupsy after google suspended them today and apple gave them serious warning. Keep up.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by frog12: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2021
a POLITICAL TOOL. twitter is wrong. AMERICA is killing its PROTESTERS. IF other countries do this, like CHINA, the HORN no go stop on CNN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by GameGod(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.
Lollll

Google pulls Parler from Play Store for fostering calls to violence

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/22221648/google-suspends-bans-parler-play-store

Apple Threatens to Ban Parler From App Store as Twitter Bans Donald Trump: Apple has given conservative social network Parler 24 hours to implement a full moderation plan and remove objectionable content or face a permanent ban from the App Store, reports BuzzFeed News.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/08/apple-parler-app-store-ban-possible/

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by backT(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
They have crossed a line and they don’t realize it yet. A new platform called Parler is fast gaining popularity due to Twitters tyrannical censorship and it has been attracting many conservatives, libertarian and even free speech liberals because they promise to let people speak their mind without any regulation. Nothing except direct threats of violence or criminal activity is banned there.

As we speak Parler has been growing at a rate of over 500k new subscribers a week. With the suspension of Trump and other top conservatives, I expect that rate to at least triple in the coming weeks as their supporters move there.

Twitter and FB believe what they are doing will please the incoming democrat government into leaving them alone and not regulating them. Big mistake! The democrats I know will instead use this as justification to crack down harder on them and even break them up. Just watch. Twitter just shot them selves in the foot. They are likely to go the way of MySpace soon. Don’t forget that twitter was already dying a natural death before Trump came on the political scene and made it popular again.
It has been taken down from Google app and IOS store.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by PAWG(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I see no future for social media. Mark this statement
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.

Under the constitution there’s freedom of speech and movement, come and enter my house, it’s your right. Man, there are limitations to freedom. Social media is dangerous.

If Trump hops on Twitter to order an Assassination of Biden it’s still free speech right?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2021
GameGod:

Lollll

Google pulls Parler from Play Store for fostering calls to violence

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/22221648/google-suspends-bans-parler-play-store

Apple Threatens to Ban Parler From App Store as Twitter Bans Donald Trump: Apple has given conservative social network Parler 24 hours to implement a full moderation plan and remove objectionable content or face a permanent ban from the App Store, reports BuzzFeed News.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/08/apple-parler-app-store-ban-possible/
removing it from an OS does not mean it’s banned genius. The site can still be accessed directly.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2021
backT:

It has been taken down from Google app and IOS store.
site can still be accessed. Their attempts to suppress speech of their opposition will only make that opposition stronger and more radical.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
He absolutely can. One thing they can't take away from him is his influence and the strong following he commands. I believe any new free speech platform he throws his weight behind will definitely grow faster. They will grow without him regardless because with this rubbish Twitter and co. just did, they have created a demand for free speech supporting tech platforms and the private sector will respond accordingly. But Trumps endorsement will certainly help as well.

This is what I really want.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by TrumpDonald2: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
I see no future for social media. Mark this statement
because people are no longer free to express themselves there they leave and find other forums where their voices will be heard.
Don't say that bro. There's a limit to everything even in freedom. That you are free to speak doesn't mean you can say anything. When your freedom encroaches on the freedom of others, it becomes a problem. Inciting violence, no matter what, should not be tolerated. My Opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by babyoy(f): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2021
densiks:

Other platforms that will allow free speech can test the waters.

I know it’s a whole lot of work to build and grow any platform but I hope we can have real broader options that can compete shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Facebook.
There is this social app called Parler

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by babyoy(f): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2021
backT:

It has been taken down from Google

app and IOS store.

One can still access it in playstore

1 Like

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:
But twitter urged on people who burnt properties in Nigeria an the name of EndSARS.

See how fast those who invaded Capitol were labeled insurrectionists but when people invaded hugh security places in Nigeria like Airports and attempted to invade Aso Villa, they were "peaceful" EndSARS protesters
There are similarities between EndSARS and BLM movements. Both of them are about police brutality. But a silly president that stirs his citizens to carry out an insurrection against a system that brought him to power deserves a ban. Trump went to court with his name allegation of election rigging and lost woefully. Should embracing the result not be what a sane leader in a democratic country do?
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 09, 2021
frowland:

You have no idea man. Parler is currently crying of bankrupsy after google suspended them today and apple gave them serious warning. Keep up.
LMAO. And you think other OS will not be created. First rule of business: when there is a strong demand, the supply will eventually come. Right now apple, twitter and Co have created a strong demand for free speech supporting tech platforms and bet your last dollar the supply will come strong and hard. You really think you can just silence half of a country of over 300 million people with no consequences because you are too big? It’s such arrogance that has led to the demise of bigger corporations throughout history. I genuinely hope you don’t run any business.

In the early 90’s liberals controlled virtually the entire American mainstream media. They had a monopoly on what views were broadcast to the public. Conservatives cried out and Fox News was created in 1996. Now do your own google research on which news network has the most viewers in America today, I won’t tell you myself. Lmao.

By the way learn to spell “bankruptcy” properly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

Jack supported the protest while it was still peaceful before all the vandalism.

Trump's protest on the other hand led to vandalism from the onset.

While I am usually a Trump fan,he definitely took it way too far this time around. He should have stepped down honorably. No amount of damage control can salvage his legacy now.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by StRichard(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

this guys are serious

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

Jack supported the protest while it was still peaceful before all the vandalism.

Trump's protest on the other hand led to vandalism from the onset.

While I am usually a Trump fan,he definitely took it way too far this time around. He should have stepped down honorably. No amount of damage control can salvage his legacy now.
the BLM protest caused between 1-2 billion dollars in damages and 19 lives lost. Twitter never condemned or banned any accounts linked to the protests.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by ostechno(m): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2021
GamalNasser:
Twitter end is coming soon ..The democrats will definitely decend on Big tech
Lol, for where.
And Twitter end for what, fo doing the right thing
Read what you typed again
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Sprumbaba: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2021
GamalNasser:
Twitter end is coming soon ..The democrats will definitely decend on Big tech

I am sure you did not see just tiny of what Antifa and BLM did last May. It was not in the news because it was organized by the democrat favorites.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
the BLM protest caused between 1-2 billion dollars in damages and 19 lives lost. Twitter never condemned or banned any accounts linked to the protests.

Are you saying Trump and his cohorts should not have been sanctioned for their action?

BLM was a protest that erupted due to the police brutality especially after the Floyd incidence. Yes it may have been politicized but how do you compare that to the fiasco that Trump masterminded at the capitol hill just cos he doesn't want to leave the White House?
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by VanBommel(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

stop posting nonsense
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by DarkJeddi(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Farewell.....Freedom of speech

[img]https://media./images/d16fbefd26728aea1845c0ee4167eab3/tenor.gif[/img]
Farewell to INCITEMENT and SEDITION.. angry
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by geewean(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2021
Mynd44:

. It's a sheer display if irrationality to label the peaceful EndSarz protesters and the rioters in the capitol as the same . I will clearly distinguish the both to you

The basis of their agitation were entirely different. The EndSarz campaign rode and the gross brutality of the Nigerian Police force of which you should be hearing shocking atrocious acts from that force. But the Pro Trump protesters were protesting against an election results that the supreme Court has given its verdict to.

The EndSarz protesters never had an unlawful possession of fire arms or weapons but the hoodlums you accused to be part of the EndSarz protesters were government sponsored. How do I know videos are everywhere showing government vehicles with government numbers conveying those animals. But the Pro Trump supporters gjad fire arms with them.

The social media Giants are more intelligent and sensitive to issues rgt affect the masses than you. They know the police is meant to protect the people and the unauthorized searching of phones of citizens without any authorized warrant is deficient of international rules of policing.

it's my prayer that your loved ones become a victim of those animals called SARZ then you will understand the pain and the agony of those who lost their husbands, bread winner, children and wives to this criminals in uniform.That will disable your lopsided medulla oblangata when meddling in public discourse

Nigeria will never make progress when politics and self centeredness occupy minds like you.

careful audit your thoughts before dragging your hypocrisy and insanity to the market place.If you like reply I won't look at it Kos am off to work.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 09, 2021
Myer:

Are you saying Trump and his cohorts should not have been sanctioned for their action?

BLM was a protest that erupted due to the police brutality especially after the Floyd incidence. Yes it may have been politicized but how do you compare that to the fiasco that Trump masterminded at the capitol hill just cos he doesn't want to leave the White House?
Show me the video of Trump telling people to break into and loot the Capitol.

The rhetoric of nearly any politician can be twisted and interpreted as 'incentivizing' violence. I don't have time now but maybe later I will send you a video montage I saw a while back of Democrat politicians making statements that one could easily say fueled further violence during the BLM protest but they faced no consequences.

In 2017 a supporter and former campaign staff of Bernie Sanders walked into a park where republican lawmakers where having their annual baseball competition and opened fire on them, badly wounding a few before he was taken out by security. Investigation of his social media accounts revealed he was inspired by the rhetoric of Bernie Sanders, much of which he interpreted as calls to violence against republican congressmen. Will I blame Bernie Sanders for the actions of this Lunatic? No! because no matter how heated his rhetoric was, he never explicitly said anyone should go and literally shoot republicans to death. That is my standard.

You are going down a very slippery slope if you wan't to start attributing heated political rhetoric to acts of violence. No one will be spared.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by PervertProphet: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2021
frowland:

Exactly my fears about these Big Tech groups. The Alphabet and Apple can just bankrupt whoever they want. All that power should not be for a few select people. They determine what voice we listen to while giving us the illusion that we determine these things.

They did this to Huawei.
Re: Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others by Myer(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
Show me the video of Trump telling people to break into and loot the Capitol.

The rhetoric of nearly any politician can be twisted and interpreted as 'incentivizing' violence. I don't have time now but maybe later I will send you a video montage I saw a while back of Democrat politicians making statements that one could easily say fueled further violence during the BLM protest but they faced no consequences.

In 2017 a supporter of Bernie Sanders walked into a park where republican lawmakers where having their annual baseball competition and opened fire on them, badly wounding a few before he was taken out by security. Investigation of his social media accounts revealed he was inspired by the rhetoric of Bernie Sanders, much of which he interpreted as calls to violence against republican congressmen. Will I blame Bernie Sanders for the actions of this Lunatic? No! because no matter how heated his rhetoric was, he never explicitly said anyone should go and literally shoot republicans to death. That is my standard.

You are going down a very slippery slope if you wan't to start attributing heated political rhetoric to acts of violence. No one will be spared.

You seem to have a very juvenile idea of politics and human behaviours.

Even in our growing up day, I didn't have to tell you to slap someone all I needed to do was wind both of you and before you knew it a fight erupts.
That's human behaviour. You don't need a degree on psychology to know this.

America was already in a volatile state with all the enmity between Democrats and Republicans, BLM and Antifa, leftists, etc. So for an incumbent president to try to exploit that to keep himself in the White House is very much selfish and evil. Clearly he doesn't care to sacrifice the lives of his supporters just for him to remain in the White House.

I've followed Donald Trump for about 10 years now since his days in the Apprentice and one thing you need to k ow is that he hates to lose.
He's a bad loser.
While that may have worked for him in business, in politics he should have accepted when he lost and should have stepped down honorably.

Talking about inciteful statements, even the last Endsars protest was peaceful until Nnamdi Kanu incited his fellow IPOBians to burn down the properties of Tinibu, Sanwo-Olu and those they deemed to be igbo enemies.
That's how a peaceful protest turned violent to the extent of grazing people's properties, looting people's businesses and even beheading police officers. Just because Nnamdi Kanu made a radio broadcast and it was sent to his fellow IPOBians.

What you don't know clearly outweighs what you do know about Poliitics and human behaviours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroonian Church Holds Thanksgiving Service For The Late Queen. Pics And Video / Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed / There Is No Victory For The Poor Ukrainians - Hungary PM, Orban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.