Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? (7775 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Guy you've just making it all seems like a joke! cheesy

Imagine some bloody civilians surrounded and apprehended a soldier, beat him with rods until his fellow soldiers came to his rescue, and his fellow officers didn't even treat him as one of them but kept him in chains, then he have to identify himself by saying he is one of them shey? cheesy

My friend you're a great talent, please stand up Nigeria need talented comedians like you! cheesy

Just go to Oshodi or Lasu road with 400 men and try to attack a soldier in the presence of his comrades and see if any of you will return home alive! cheesy

Oga he will return home alive. No be everytime soldiers they kill. You should understand better as per the military intelligence officer grin cheesy cool shocked
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
I served with the intelligence not in the Barracks, you go to the Barracks and hit a soldier for any reason in the presence of his comrades nah! cheesy

achorladey:

Oga he will return home alive. No be everytime soldiers they kill. You should understand better as per the military intelligence officer grin cheesy cool shocked
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I served with the intelligence not in the Barracks, you go to the Barracks and hit a soldier for any reason in the presence of his comrades nah! cheesy

Just go to Oshodi or Lasu road with 400 men and try to attack a soldier in the presence of his comrades.

Now you have entered BARRACKS. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy keep contradicting here and there. Even anyone wey attack soldiers inside barrack still dey come out alive. You should know better. You are the military intelligence officer here. I wonder what your military intelligence outside the barracks involves that would be a stumbling block to what happens inside the barracks?grin cheesy grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
@Tcwork
It's not easy to be a Christian!
You must comply with all the commands of God's son {Matthew 28:20} that's why all the Apostles were slaughtered with the exception of Apostle John. They fled Jerusalem when Romans came to attack their country, you said something about strongest army, if God is behind the Christians as they would have prayed to him for victory which army on this planet can conquer God's own people?
But because Jesus' order is to FLEE even if it's their own country, no pity for pregnant women as if you want to protect them not to talk of others who aren't pregnant. Luke 21:23-24
The Christians got the message clear that they're not to have love for any country to DEFEND it!
That's why all the Apostles died through martyrdom, otherwise they could have DEFEND themselves if Jesus' order allows for it!

Today America is the world Power because of all the past world powers like Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, England none of them permitted Freedom of worship. But America grant everyone the freedom to practice whatever religion you choose as long as you're not going to hurt your people in your neighbourhood. So God granted America to remain as the last world power until his kingdom will come, so that they can continue mounting pressure on any country that will not allow for Freedom of worship.

You mentioned Islam being persecuted in China, i pity you! cheesy
Do you want to compare Islam to JWs?
For your information, you can insult, abuse even curse JWs for their FAITH, they will just walk away peacefully only to return at another convenient time. Go and try the same with Muslims, just insult their long dead and forgotten Prophet, and see how they'll be prepared to exterminate your generation. That's why China says NO to Islam in their country! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
Me i no dey for mouthing abeg go try am! cheesy

achorladey:

Just go to Oshodi or Lasu road with 400 men and try to attack a soldier in the presence of his comrades.

Now you have entered BARRACKS. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy keep contradicting here and there. Even anyone wey attack soldiers inside barrack still dey come out alive. You should know better. You are the military intelligence officer here. I wonder what your military intelligence outside the barracks involves that would be a stumbling block to what happens inside the barracks?grin cheesy grin

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Me i no dey for mouthing abeg go try am! cheesy

Na you dey do the mouthing now. what INTELLIGENCE and REALITY tells and show is that not anyone and everyone who attacks a military man gets killedgrin grin cheesy.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
haddeylium:

Nahhh
What's your understanding of John 17: 15,16
While you're it
Address DappaD's quote ahbegg
Jesus said his disciples must preach and bear his Witness
But, the authorities decreed against this.
What do you think ?
Someone that pledge loyalty to his country and Christ should do what?

Jesus’ words at Matthew 5:22 & Luke 6:27-30 mean nothing to him so let him continue his rants.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
Go try am! cheesy

achorladey:

Na you dey do the mouthing now. what INTELLIGENCE and REALITY tells and show is that not anyone and everyone who attacks a military man gets killedgrin grin cheesy.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Go try am! cheesy

What is there to try again when reality and intelligence already has the result grin cheesy. ex- military intelligence officer you should understand that. cheesy grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
You dey fear? cheesy

achorladey:

What is there to try again when reality and intelligence already has the result grin cheesy. ex- military intelligence officer you should understand that. cheesy grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You dey fear? cheesy

What is there to fear when intelligence and reality had shown you the outcome grin cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:08am On Jan 27, 2021
Your friend is fighting his own conscience now after seeing how identical the ACT of Christians in the first century and JWs is when it comes to sticking to Jesus' order whether it favours them or not {Matthew 16:25} he felt like calling the whole world to come and join you in condemning Jesus' counsel.
Well it's really pathetic that he's just getting to know the difference between those who are walking by FAITH and those walking by signt through the religious section on Nairaland! 2Corinthians 5:7
I pray that he is able to overcome his doubts and fears and come to join the one and only true Christian Organization JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

achorladey:

What is there to fear when intelligence and reality had shown you the outcome grin cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by achorladey: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Your friend is fighting his own conscience now after seeing how identical the ACT of Christians in the first century and JWs is when it comes to sticking to Jesus' order whether it favours them or not {Matthew 16:25} he felt like calling the whole world to come and join you in condemning Jesus' counsel.
Well it's really pathetic that he's just getting to know the difference between those who are walking by FAITH and those walking by signt through the religious section on Nairaland! 2Corinthians 5:7
I pray that he is able to overcome his doubts and fears and come to join the one and only true Christian Organization JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

Enjoy your self praise grin grin grin you deserve it.

fighting his own conscience now after seeing how identical the ACT of Christians

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Did he tell you so? Na consolation remain for you. After he showed you your support of SELF DEFENSE as captured in your magazines is what every nations JWs resides do and in the cause of self defense, KILLING and DEATH do occurs. Which you simply can't counter. Jehovah is not a pacifist, Jesus is not a pacifist, Jws are not pacifist..........are all the teachings of JWs grin cheesy grin

Until you under the length, breadth and height of that you will know why your organization gave a go ahead on self defense grin cheesy grin.

I pray that he is able to overcome his doubts and fears and come to join the one and only true Christian Organization

In Tcwork words.....When a religion(JWs aka WTBTS) begins to over burden it's followers with laws and commandments, when we begin to add new laws that are not required, we miss the mark

Shine your eyes to the above and below grin cheesy

No matter how much laws they enact or policies they apply, they can't predict every situation and that is where the problem lies in the policies the organization imposed on its members. Members then fall under the mercy of those leading them in each congregation whom are sometimes not knowledgeable enough to understand and interpret those policies which are subjected to politics and politricks
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Jan 27, 2021
It's a free world, you and your friend have the freedom to practice whatever religion that suit your thinking. If you both believe some people are under burden it's their own palavah as you often say! cheesy
Nobody is forcing anybody to live by the rules set by any group, that's the reason why we keep telling you that as far as we are concerned, it's only members of our Organization that's worshiping our own God.
Whatever anyone thinks, feels or say still boils down to the same point all the nations will walk each in the name of it's God but we will walk in the name of our own God {Micah 4:5} Now you have seen that JWs globally have our own different God under whom we have subjected ourselves willingly, so the difference is now clearer than ever! wink

achorladey:

Enjoy your self praise grin grin grin you deserve it.

fighting his own conscience now after seeing how identical the ACT of Christians

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Did he tell you so? Na consolation remain for you. After he showed you your support of SELF DEFENSE as captured in your magazines is what every nations JWs resides do and in the cause of self defense, KILLING and DEATH do occurs. Which you simply can't counter. Jehovah is not a pacifist, Jesus is not a pacifist, Jws are not pacifist..........are all the teachings of JWs grin cheesy grin

Until you under the length, breadth and height of that you will know why your organization gave a go ahead on self defense grin cheesy grin.

I pray that he is able to overcome his doubts and fears and come to join the one and only true Christian Organization

In Tcwork words.....When a religion(JWs aka WTBTS) begins to over burden it's followers with laws and commandments, when we begin to add new laws that are not required, we miss the mark

Shine your eyes to the above and below grin cheesy

No matter how much laws they enact or policies they apply, they can't predict every situation and that is where the problem lies in the policies the organization imposed on its members. Members then fall under the mercy of those leading them in each congregation whom are sometimes not knowledgeable enough to understand and interpret those policies which are subjected to politics and politricks

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:25am On Jan 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry I did not reply to most of your remarks. I was overburdened with work.
I noticed something with every single scripture you used in backing your point.
No single verse in the bible preaches against war. No single verse declared that it is sinful to partake in war. Every single commandment of God is spelled out. We do not guess. If God is against war, he would have spelled it out
Not one in the old or new testament. Let's look at some of the verses you quoted.
Isaiah 2.4 was a prophecy not a commandment.

He will render judgment among the nations
And set matters straight* respecting many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.+
Nation will not lift up sword against nation.

The day is not yet come.. it speaks of the day where all nations would be at peace.
So this verse was not relevant to the topic.

Matthew 26.52
Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.”
Obviously your understanding of this is wrong because at many times in scripture God has commanded his people to lift the sword.
Moses, Joshua, Samuel, Elijah, Abraham. All these men are in heaven. None of them perished by the sword. God does not lie so it's better to agree that you misinterpreted the scripture than to suggest that Christ was wrong.
Jesus Christ was aware that his disciples had swords while with him. He had seen their sword even before Peter cut the man's ear off. So it's obvious that his message was not to discard the sword.

John 17.16
Jesus commanded his disciples not to be part of the world.
Well, you decided that it meant politics. That is your personal interpretation. Anyone could decide it means anything. For I believe Christ was talking about the ways of the world, corruption, immorality, dishonesty and so forth, not politics.

John 13.34,35
Talks about love one another.
I believe if we love another, then fighting for the rights and life's of other's is worth it.
True God so loved the world but at many times, he destroyed the oppressors and freed the captive. Let us follow the example of our God.
Jeremiah 30:8

‘It shall come about on that day,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘that I will break his yoke from off their neck and will tear off their bonds; and strangers will no longer make them their slaves
As we follow the example of Jesus Christ, we would fight for the captive.

Now is God against war?
The answer is No.
There was a war in heaven and God has led and declared many wars on earth. He is the mighty man in battle.

Now why didn't Christ defend himself when the enemy came for him?
Ans. He was the lamb slain before the foundations of the world. Before this world was created, it was already concluded that Christ would die for you and I.
You also asked why the Christians never fought the Romans?
We actually don't know if they did or not. There wasn't much record of their lifes. We also remember that God in his wisdom allows his people to suffer for a time. That we follow Christ doesn't mean life on earth would be without its challenges.
Jesus Christ did not come to build a Christian army or a Christian nation.
He repeatedly said my kingdom is not of this world.
As Christians, we belong to a heavenly kingdom while in this world, we all have our different nations.
Christ never rejected Jewish citizenship. He obeyed and honored the laws in his day.
Now instead of bending the verses in the bible, I challenge you to show any verse where Christians were expressly commanded not to partake in wars.

On the lighter side, you give lots of examples with the nigerian army.
We all know that our army are a bunch of corrupt, lazy and cowardly folks not the best example out there. We have many valiant forces out there. Just not in nigeria.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Go suit yourself my friend, JWs is a unique group that's different from all of you! smiley

Tcwork:

Sorry I did not reply to most of your remarks. I was overburdened with work.
I noticed something with every single scripture you used in backing your point.
No single verse in the bible preaches against war. No single verse declared that it is sinful to partake in war. Every single commandment of God is spelled out. We do not guess. If God is against war, he would have spelled it out
Not one in the old or new testament. Let's look at some of the verses you quoted.
Isaiah 2.4 was a prophecy not a commandment.

He will render judgment among the nations
And set matters straight* respecting many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.+
Nation will not lift up sword against nation.

The day is not yet come.. it speaks of the day where all nations would be at peace.
So this verse was not relevant to the topic.

Matthew 26.52
Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.”
Obviously your understanding of this is wrong because at many times in scripture God has commanded his people to lift the sword.
Moses, Joshua, Samuel, Elijah, Abraham. All these men are in heaven. None of them perished by the sword. God does not lie so it's better to agree that you misinterpreted the scripture than to suggest that Christ was wrong.
Jesus Christ was aware that his disciples had swords while with him. He had seen their sword even before Peter cut the man's ear off. So it's obvious that his message was not to discard the sword.

John 17.16
Jesus commanded his disciples not to be part of the world.
Well, you decided that it meant politics. That is your personal interpretation. Anyone could decide it means anything. For I believe Christ was talking about the ways of the world, corruption, immorality, dishonesty and so forth, not politics.

John 13.34,35
Talks about love one another.
I believe if we love another, then fighting for the rights and life's of other's is worth it.
True God so loved the world but at many times, he destroyed the oppressors and freed the captive. Let us follow the example of our God.
Jeremiah 30:8

‘It shall come about on that day,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘that I will break his yoke from off their neck and will tear off their bonds; and strangers will no longer make them their slaves
As we follow the example of Jesus Christ, we would fight for the captive.

Now is God against war?
The answer is No.
There was a war in heaven and God has led and declared many wars on earth. He is the mighty man in battle.

Now why didn't Christ defend himself when the enemy came for him?
Ans. He was the lamb slain before the foundations of the world. Before this world was created, it was already concluded that Christ would die for you and I.
You also asked why the Christians never fought the Romans?
We actually don't know if they did or not. There wasn't much record of their lifes. We also remember that God in his wisdom allows his people to suffer for a time. That we follow Christ doesn't mean life on earth would be without its challenges.
Jesus Christ did not come to build a Christian army or a Christian nation.
He repeatedly said my kingdom is not of this world.
As Christians, we belong to a heavenly kingdom while in this world, we all have our different nations.
Christ never rejected Jewish citizenship. He obeyed and honored the laws in his day.
Now instead of bending the verses in the bible, I challenge you to show any verse where Christians were expressly commanded not to partake in wars.

On the lighter side, you give lots of examples with the nigerian army.
We all know that our army are a bunch of corrupt, lazy and cowardly folks not the best example out there. We have many valiant forces out there. Just not in nigeria.

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Go suit yourself my friend, JWs is a unique group that's different from all of you! smiley

I agree you are unique.
There are thousands of other unique Christian groups.
My only point is, if the bible does not teach something, don't claim it does. I have no problem if you said it was your personal doctrine. Don't just use the bible as your excuse
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Some of your teachings are cool but until Jesus Christ clearly states 'No more war' and yes that day would come. But dont speak for Jesus ok
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
What you don't understand is there are more than 41,000 religious groups claiming followers of Jesus. What each group teaches is the doctrine of their own Jesus!
Before America declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP the Catholic Church and few Protestant Churches won't allow others say anything about Jesus. They feel others will fabricate things in the name of their Jesus so there was no FREEDOM OF WORSHIP, you must adhere to whatever those few Churches agree upon.
Thanks to America! Today you could have called intolerant fanatics to come after JWs for saying what you feel (your) Jesus never said! cheesy
Guy, hold unto whatever your own Jesus say and don't bother about what our own say because as i've told you from the onset Our Jesus is not the same as your Jesus so don't expect JWs to hold unto what you think your own Jesus say.
Leave us with our own Jesus! wink

Tcwork:

Some of your teachings are cool but until Jesus Christ clearly states 'No more war' and yes that day would come. But dont speak for Jesus ok
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
DappaD:

Jesus’ words at Matthew 5:22 & Luke 6:27-30 mean nothing to him so let him continue his rants.

Obviously!
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What you don't understand is there are more than 41,000 religious groups claiming followers of Jesus. What each group teaches is the doctrine of their own Jesus!
Before America declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP the Catholic Church and few Protestant Churches won't allow others say anything about Jesus. They feel others will fabricate things in the name of their Jesus so there was no FREEDOM OF WORSHIP, you must adhere to whatever those few Churches agree upon.
Thanks to America! Today you could have called intolerant fanatics to come after JWs for saying what you feel (your) Jesus never said! cheesy
Guy, hold unto whatever your own Jesus say and don't bother about what our own say because as i've told you from the onset Our Jesus is not the same as your Jesus so don't expect JWs to hold unto what you think your own Jesus say.
Leave us with our own Jesus! wink

I understand you very well. What I don't understand is your own Jesus. Does he speak to you from the bible or do you have other records. Because you seem to teach doctrines that are outside the bible.
And thanks to America, today you worship freely as a JW without any persecution
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Tcwork:

I understand you very well. What I don't understand is your own Jesus. Does he speak to you from the bible or do you have other records. Because you seem to teach doctrines that are outside the bible.

All you need to do is humble yourself and learn otherwise Satan's cobwebs will continue to blur your insight from perceiving grasping what is happening around you.
For instance take a look at two Nigerian Churches Deeperlife and RCCG, both of them claims that Jesus is left right back front and center yet the tenets of Deeper's Jesus totally contradicts that of RCCG. You will not ask Adeboye why he permitted makeups, earrings, hairdos and nail polish for the females in his church neither will you ask Kumuyi why he forbids all these in his own Church, you won't pester them to tell you if it's the same Jesus or Holy Ghost that's teaching them contradicting things like that. But JWs who upholds the command to drop weapons and learn war no more {Matthew 26:52} you want to see where Jesus asked JWs to stop supporting wars! cheesy

Well if you must know it's not the same Jesus or Holy Ghost that's interpreting the Bible to these Churches, that's why i said "each religion claiming Christian have her own Jesus, it's the teachings of our own Jesus that we are following strictly" smiley

And thanks to America, today you worship freely as a JW without any persecution
Persecution comes in different forms, true Christians are still facing persecution globally but that's not the issue now so let's leave that, just know that America made it a crime for any nation to KILL anybody for his/her faith. That's what i'm saying not that persecution of God's people has been totally eradicated! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

All you need to do is humble yourself and learn otherwise Satan's cobwebs will continue to blur your insight from perceiving grasping what is happening around you.
For instance take a look at two Nigerian Churches Deeperlife and RCCG, both of them claims that Jesus is left right back front and center yet the tenets of Deeper's Jesus totally contradicts that of RCCG. You will not ask Adeboye why he permitted makeups, earrings, hairdos and nail polish for the females in his church neither will you ask Kumuyi why he forbids all these in his own Church, you won't pester them to tell you if it's the same Jesus or Holy Ghost that's teaching them contradicting things like that. But JWs who upholds the command to drop weapons and learn war no more {Matthew 26:52} you want to see where Jesus asked JWs to stop supporting wars! cheesy

Well if you must know it's not the same Jesus or Holy Ghost that's interpreting the Bible to these Churches, that's why i said "each religion claiming Christian have her own Jesus, it's the teachings of our own Jesus that we are following strictly" smiley

Persecution comes in different forms, true Christians are still facing persecution globally but that's not the issue now so let's leave that, just know that America made it a crime for any nation to KILL anybody for his/her faith. That's what i'm saying not that persecution of God's people has been totally eradicated! smiley
Funny you... I ask you these questions because I am interested in learning your views. But I love it when you use the scriptures and not your own view.
Jesus Christ told Peter in just one instance, not you or I to keep his sword. That obviously was not a commandment for all.
You very well know many holy prophets took part in war and blood shed. Abraham had to save lots from captivity. So if your interpretation is right Abraham should be burning in he'll along with Moses and many other.
Maybe you guys should review your stand on Matthew 26:52

At other times in the bible, Jesus Christ /Jehovah had led the army of Israel.
He is the prince of peace yet mighty in battle.
I am actually surprised that the biggest doctrine of your church is based entirely on a personal one time message to Peter.
Like I said wars did not begin on earth. The hostiger of heaven are not new to fighting wars hence it is no sin.
But if that verse is what defines your religion, then good for you.

And don't think your organization is facing any persecution. Have you heard of the Uyghur Muslims of China.
If you think it's bad for you just read about the Uyghur and you would be double grateful to be Jw

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30am On Jan 29, 2021
Tcwork:

Funny you... I ask you these questions because I am interested in learning your views. But I love it when you use the scriptures and not your own view.
Jesus Christ told Peter in just one instance, not you or I to keep his sword. That obviously was not a commandment for all.
You very well know many holy prophets took part in war and blood shed. Abraham had to save lots from captivity. So if your interpretation is right Abraham should be burning in he'll along with Moses and many other.
Learning is great and humility is a key but those proving obstinate will not get anything out of the message of Christ. When Abraham and other servants of God engaged in bloodshed
were they fighting against people worshiping the same God?
what was the name of the God worshiped by the enemies that God's people engaged in battle?
was God supporting some of his worshipers against others who are also his worshipers?
smiley

I am actually surprised that the biggest doctrine of your church is based entirely on a personal one time message to Peter.
Like I said wars did not begin on earth. The hostiger of heaven are not new to fighting wars hence it is no sin.
But if that verse is what defines your religion, then good for you.
I'll use the case of Israelites and Egyptian army, before the war when JEHOVAH proved to be the God of armies destroyed the Egyptian forces, what led to the battle?
Well i'll remind you, JEHOVAH told Pharaoh "let MY PEOPLE go, so that they can WORSHIP me" {Exodus 5:1} note those two key words! smiley
All the wars JEHOVAH has ever led HIS PEOPLE to win was based on WORSHIP and place where he was protecting from Invaders so that his own worshipers may practice pure worship in peace. So JEHOVAH is not a bloodthirsty God who just feel like seeing people killing people Sir! wink

And don't think your organization is facing any persecution. Have you heard of the Uyghur Muslims of China.
If you think it's bad for you just read about the Uyghur and you would be double grateful to be Jw
You love deceit more than anything! cheesy
I've told you "if you're not ready to worship our own God there is no wahala, go and worship the God of your choice" smiley
I was a Muslim and i know what happens when Islam gain the majority anywhere, Muslims will not leave the minority to practice any other form of worship, once they gain upper hand in the affairs of any community it's a faceoff with all other religionists. I told you i was an agent with the intelligence, the last time i spoke with a fellow agent about the condition of things in China she told me so many secrets about what what their government is planning to do so that no religion can overrun others in China, Muslims are intolerant towards other religions that's why China quarantined over 1,000,000 Muslims as people infected with insanity so you have no point Sir! wink
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2021
Tcwork:

Funny you... I ask you these questions because I am interested in learning your views. But I love it when you use the scriptures and not your own view.Jesus Christ told Peter in just one instance, not you or I to keep his sword. That obviously was not a commandment for all.
I am actually surprised that the biggest doctrine of your church is based entirely on a personal one time message to Peter.Like I said wars did not begin on earth. The hostiger of heaven are not new to fighting wars hence it is no sin.But if that verse is what defines your religion, then good for you.And don't think your organization is facing any persecution. Have you heard of the Uyghur Muslims of China.If you think it's bad for you just read about the Uyghur and you would be double grateful to be Jw

None of those persons you mentioned above—whether Abraham, Joshua or David[active men of war] are qualified for everlasting life yet since the Law is meant to lead to the Messiah who will rescue people from sin and death.
Galatians 3:13,24, Romans 8:21

That’s why we must listen to Jesus Christ if we want to gain everlasting life. John 3:36
So stop becoming wise in your own eyes sir it won’t do you any good. Romans 12:16

Have you forgotten that Peter is a very controversial character?
Ordinarily when Jesus and his disciples go on their preaching tours they only carry a staff for support and not even swords for any reason whatsoever. Mark 6:7-9

But on this occasion, Jesus asked his disciples to buy swords, not for defensive purposes but to teach his disciples[especially Peter] a good lesson that would be imprinted in their hearts and minds. Luke 22:36-38

Jesus knew that Peter acted on every impulse and was presumptuous in his conduct so when he struck the ear of the slave Malchus, Jesus used that avenue to further buttress the point to his disciples that they must never resolve conflicts in that manner and they must remain neutral concerning political and social matters of the world since God’s Kingdom is not of an earthly source. John 17:14-16,18:36
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Learning is great and humility is a key but those proving obstinate will not get anything out of the message of Christ. When Abraham and other servants of God engaged in bloodshed
were they fighting against people worshiping the same God?
what was the name of the God worshiped by the enemies that God's people engaged in battle?
was God supporting some of his worshipers against others who are also his worshipers?
smiley

I'll use the case of Israelites and Egyptian army, before the war when JEHOVAH proved to be the God of armies destroyed the Egyptian forces, what led to the battle?
Well i'll remind you, JEHOVAH told Pharaoh "let MY PEOPLE go, so that they can WORSHIP me" {Exodus 5:1} note those two key words! smiley
All the wars JEHOVAH has ever led HIS PEOPLE to win was based on WORSHIP and place where he was protecting from Invaders so that his own worshipers may practice pure worship in peace. So JEHOVAH is not a bloodthirsty God who just feel like seeing people killing people Sir! wink

You love deceit more than anything! cheesy
I've told you "if you're not ready to worship our own God there is no wahala, go and worship the God of your choice" smiley
I was a Muslim and i know what happens when Islam gain the majority anywhere, Muslims will not leave the minority to practice any other form of worship, once they gain upper hand in the affairs of any community it's a faceoff with all other religionists. I told you i was an agent with the intelligence, the last time i spoke with a fellow agent about the condition of things in China she told me so many secrets about what what their government is planning to do so that no religion can overrun others in China, Muslims are intolerant towards other religions that's why China quarantined over 1,000,000 Muslims as people infected with insanity so you have no point Sir! wink
I am so happy, you are coming around.
Now your point has changed. So according to you. We can only go to war against non Christians. We are allowed to kill those who do not worship the same God.
Also we can fight to protect our worship and our homes.
At least you are begining to shift that's a good one.
Now to what's happening in China. Sorry to say but your agent friend is ignorant.
The Uyghur Muslims habe been one of the most peaceful groups till date. And the abuse by the Chinese government is one of the worst in 100 years.
There organs are being harvested. Entire communities have been converted to concentration camps.
Oga you need to read on your own to understand what is happening to the Uyghurs. Just forget your agent friend.
If you want I would send you some links. They really need our prayers.
Well thanks for your need stand. At least you now agree that some wars are righteous.
I am ok with that. Now you see that in Matthew 26.52...Christ was not talking to Abraham or Moses or Samuel, he was talking just to peter.
Now so you know Abraham went to war to rescue lot.
Samuel killed an unarmed, defenseless king whom Saul had spared.
Moses went to battle to revenge a tribe that refused to give them passage.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2021
DappaD:

None of those persons you mentioned above—whether Abraham, Joshua or David[active men of war] are qualified for everlasting life yet since the Law is meant to lead to the Messiah who will rescue people from sin and death.
Galatians 3:13,24, Romans 8:21

That’s why we must listen to Jesus Christ if we want to gain everlasting life. John 3:36
So stop becoming wise in your own eyes sir it won’t do you any good. Romans 12:16

Have you forgotten that Peter is a very controversial character?
Ordinarily when Jesus and his disciples go on their preaching tours they only carry a staff for support and not even swords for any reason whatsoever. Mark 6:7-9

But on this occasion, Jesus asked his disciples to buy swords, not for defensive purposes but to teach his disciples[especially Peter] a good lesson that would be imprinted in their hearts and minds. Luke 22:36-38

Jesus knew that Peter acted on every impulse and was presumptuous in his conduct so when he struck the ear of the slave Malchus, Jesus used that avenue to further buttress the point to his disciples that they must never resolve conflicts in that manner and they must remain neutral concerning political and social matters of the world since God’s Kingdom is not of an earthly source. John 17:14-16,18:36
Oga wait you say Abraham Moses Samuel and Elijah do not qualify for eternal life? But you qualify right?
I don't know the bible you use but in my bible these men are all balling in eternal life. The verses John 17.14-16, 18.36 do not speak about politics talk more of political neutrality. How do you people even come up with these things.
Your bible did not teach you that Elijah and Moses visited Christ and Peter witnessed.
Even in a parable the good lazarus was in Abrahams bossom .
So if these holy prophets according to you, would not gain eternity, who would, you?
Now you got many things wrong. Why would you call Peter controversial, hope you know the meaning of controversial.
When Jesus Christ asked for swords, they already had 2 swords. Meaning that the Apostles had weapons during Christ ministry with them not only staffs.
Now you claim to know the mind of Jesus Christ that the swords was to teach Peter and not for defence. Well that is a very personal opinion.
I believe all you wrote is just your personal opinion and has nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2021
Tcwork:

Oga wait you say Abraham Moses Samuel and Elijah do not qualify for eternal life? But you qualify right?
They are all JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
What you failed to realize is the timely instructions which are like updates in pure worship. During their time worshipers of JEHOVAH are stationed geographically in one location "Israel" which means all other peoples are not worshiping JEHOVAH. So when JEHOVAH instruct them to go and kill their ENEMIES he was referring not to their personal enemies but the enemies of pure worship!
Today hardly can you find a place on this planet where the Bible (God's word) is not there and people are reading it day and night. So if a JW pick up weapons today who are the enemies of pure worship that he is going to destroy? cheesy

I don't know the bible you use but in my bible these men are all balling in eternal life.
Your bible did not teach you that Elijah and Moses visited Christ and Peter witnessed.
Even in a parable the good lazarus was in Abrahams bossom
What happened in that place is called the "transfiguration" God only blessed those three faithful Jews with the sign that most unfaithful Jews were demanding {Matthew 16:4} that's why God spoke from heaven to tell those three men "this is the Christ, do whatever he asked you to do" Matthew 17:5
As for all servants of God from Abel to John the baptist, all of them are still in their graves awaiting resurrection in the near future! Revelations 20:11-13
So calm down and learn! smiley

So if these holy prophets according to you, would not gain eternity, who would, you?
Now you got many things wrong. Why would you call Peter controversial, hope you know the meaning of controversial.

It's a pity you just feel like arguing without knowing the history of the Jews!
By the time Jesus walked the earth this nation is already planning to revolt against the Roman government, most Jews often go about with swords and machetes in case the revolution can start anytime. That's why some of Jesus' friends also hid weapons in their body. When Jesus told them to sell their clothes and buy a sword each {Luke 22:36} Jesus' friends were overjoyed that YES their master is also in support of the revolt they're planning but Jesus was speaking in terms of the sword of the spirit meaning each of them must possess a copy of the scriptures {Ephesians 6:17} that's why it's impossible for you to find a JW in any place without his full copy of the Bible! smiley

When Jesus Christ asked for swords, they already had 2 swords. Meaning that the Apostles had weapons during Christ ministry with them not only staffs.
Now you claim to know the mind of Jesus Christ that the swords was to teach Peter and not for defence. Well that is a very personal opinion.
I believe all you wrote is just your personal opinion and has nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You need to know what PERSONAL opinion means Sir, it's not when almost 9,000,000 people from different races throughout the earth have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10 wink
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2021
Tcwork:

All those aforementioned, though servants of Jehovah according to the understanding they had then, do not qualify for everlasting life yet that’s why Peter said David was still in the dust of the earth! Acts 2:29,34
So how many of them saw Jesus Christ and exercised faith in him? John 3:16
Those faithful men will be resurrected here on earth since they DO NOT qualify for everlasting life yet. Acts 24:15

I don't know the bible you use but in my bible these men are all balling in eternal life. The verses John 17.14-16, 18.36 do not speak about politics talk more of political neutrality. How do you people even come up with these things.

Try and connect Matthew 26:52 and John 18:36 you’ll see the point I’m driving at. I do not need to spoonfeed you.

My own Bible said that what Peter, James and John saw was a vision. Matthew 17:9

Even in a parable the good lazarus was in Abrahams bossom .

So where is Abraham’s bosom please? You called it a parable yet you want to interpret it literally. If you want to miscontrue the latter portion of Luke 16 you’ll run into a number of problems because for one, what wrong acts did the rich man clothed in purple do to suffer torment and what good acts did Lazarus do to go to Abraham’s bosom?

You’ll not find a single verse in the Old Testament—Not ONE—where Jehovah ever promises anyone going to heaven. Whenever his faithful servants were about to die, God usually said: “You will be gathered to your people” that is, they are to return to the dust not heaven. Compare Isaiah 26:19

Now you got many things wrong. Why would you call Peter controversial, hope you know the meaning of controversial.When Jesus Christ asked for swords, they already had 2 swords. Meaning that the Apostles had weapons during Christ ministry with them not only staffs.

Jesus asked his disciples to BUY those swords so that he would teach them a lesson on meekness. Read Luke 22:36-38 carefully.
Please stop twisting the scriptures to fit your own thinking it won’t augur well with you. 2Peter 3:16
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2021
I'm feeling for the guy, he is fighting really hard the same way i did some 24 years ago when i first discovered that JWs are one and only group worshiping the true God!

I was totally devastated, bitter and angry.

DappaD if you know me back then you will think i've run mad because i keep confronting anyone i know telling them to stop going to Churches of Christendom because it was clear to me that they're all on the road to destruction.
Thanks to the sister that studied with me back then, she said "I know you truly love them? So calm down and explain to them" 1Peter 3:15 smiley

DappaD:

All those aforementioned, though servants of Jehovah according to the understanding they had then, do not qualify for everlasting life yet that’s why Peter said David was still in the dust of the earth! Acts 2:29,34
Those faithful men will be resurrected here on earth since they DO NOT qualify for everlasting life yet. Acts 24:15
Try and connect Matthew 26:52 and John 18:36 you’ll see the point I’m driving at. I do not need to spoonfeed you.
My own Bible said that what Peter, James and John saw was a vision. Matthew 17:9
So where is Abraham’s bosom please? You called it a parable yet you want to interpret it literally. If you want to miscontrue the latter portion of Luke 16 you’ll run into a number of problems because for one, what wrong acts did the rich man clothed in purple do to suffer torment and what good acts did Lazarus do to go to Abraham’s bosom?
You’ll not find a single verse in the Old Testament—Not ONE—where Jehovah ever promises anyone going to heaven. Whenever his faithful servants were about to die, God usually said: “You will be gathered to your people” that is, they are to return to the dust not heaven. Compare Isaiah 26:19
Jesus asked his disciples to BUY those swords so that he would teach them a lesson on meekness. Read Luke 22:36-38 carefully.
Please stop twisting the scriptures to fit your own thinking it won’t augur well with you. 2Peter 3:16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2021
DappaD:

So because David did not have eternal life you believe that Abraham and Moses and Elijah suffered the same faith. Pls quote for me. I am listening.
Now you quote John 3.16 to show what really. In case you don't know, every single prophet knew and testified of Jesus Christ. You are not the first to know Christ.
Please read
Acts 10.43
To him all the prophets bear witness,+ that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”+
Even before the birth of Christ the prophets believe in him read your bible.
The old testament testified of Jesus Christ
John 5.39
“You are searching the Scriptures+ because you think that you will have everlasting life by means of them; and these are the very ones* that bear witness about me.
Still quoting your bible, you learn that the prophecies were all inspired by the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelations 19.10
At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that!+ I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus.+ Worship God!+ For the witness concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.
So never you think that these holy prophets did not believe in Christ and are lost?
Next you try to connect Matthew 26:52 and John 18:36 but still the scripture do not share your view. Again I wouldn't spoonfeed you. Go and read again.

Your Bible said that what Peter, James and John saw was a vision. Matthew 17:9. Please what is a vision. A vision does not mean they saw things that do not exist. You could just use you dictionary to find the meaning of a vision.
Now you don't understand the meaning of a parable. A parable is not a fable.
Don't forget Elijah went to heaven as a living man. Think about that. That alone proofs your teachings wrong.
Go back and read the old testament. There is nothing you know about Jesus Christ that the prophets of old did not know double.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I'm feeling for the guy, he is fighting really hard the same way i did some 24 years ago when i first discovered that JWs are one and only group worshiping the true God!

I was totally devastated, bitter and angry.

DappaD if you know me back then you will think i've run mad because i keep confronting anyone i know telling them to stop going to Churches of Christendom because it was clear to me that they're all on the road to destruction.
Thanks to the sister that studied with me back then, she said "I know you truly love them? So calm down and explain to them" 1Peter 3:15 smiley

Boss, I just laugh when you talk like this. You may not believe it but I actually like you guys and I understand why you are coming from.
Half the time, I laugh when I read your responses especially when some of you get abusive.
But generally I like you guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. / What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him / Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.