Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? (7439 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

The Hebrew language has no lower case in their Alphabet .
So, It was written in capital letters sir.

compare it with Ex 4:16 and answer the question.
Did God make him a false God?

Ex4.16 16 He will speak for you to the people, and he will be your spokesman, and you will serve as God to him
God did not makeep Moses a god. He was made as God. It's simple simile in English language
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

The bible never mentioned a principal saviour, Isaiah says only saviour not only principal savior. Yet like you have quoted, other saviors emerge. That is the way of God.

I used Principal because he appointed others
If God appointed Othniel a Saviour, does that nullified Jehovah as the only Savior he claimed to be?

If others served as God or made God, does that nullified Jehovah(the Father) as the only true God?
Reason!
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Janosky:

Jesus you said has a Father, you now claim he is the same person his Father is.

grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Please would you kindly show where I said so?
Still don't forget the bible teach that he is the everlasting father.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

I used Principal because he appointed others
If God appointed Othniel a Saviour, does that nullified Jehovah as the only Savior he claimed to be?

If others served as God or made God, does that nullified Jehovah(the Father) as the only true God?
Reason!
That is my point.
But then the only actually mean that there is no other.
Now we seem to both understand that when the bible say only, there actually could be others.
Now apply this to only true God John 17.3
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
And mind you, for the case of this discussion I have suspended the use of KJV so we all can be on equal footing
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

Ex4.16 16 He will speak for you to the people, and he will be your spokesman, and you will serve as God to him
God did not makeep Moses a god. He was made as God. It's simple simile in English language

Do you by chance mean that, If I served as a King, I wasn't one.
If I'm serving as president, I'm not a president?
what do you mean?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

Do you by chance mean that, If I served as a King, I wasn't one.
If Im serving as president, I'm not a president.
what do you mean?
I don't understand your question but you made me understand that even when the bible says, only saviour, other saviours where also chosen now why are you finding it hard to believe that Jesus Christ is also a true God.
Follow the precedence of the Bible
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

That is my point.
But then the only actually mean that there is no other.
Now we seem to both understand that when the bible say only, there actually could be others.
Now apply this to only true God John 17.3

Jehovah said 'No other Saviour' (Isaiah 43:1).
Of course, you wouldn't want to include Othniel into the Godhead.
All those that Jehovah raised as saviour are a means or Agent in which is will is done!

American Standard Version
Jude 25
to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen.

Do you notice the Boldened?
And how that verse distinguish the principal Saviour from the means ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Ex33.11 Jehovah spoke to Moses face-to-face,+ just as one man would speak to another man. When he returned to the camp, Joshua+ the son of Nun, his minister and attendant,+ would not depart from the tent.
Note, it was Jehovah that spoke to Moses here, face to face

John6.46
Not that any man has seen the Father,+ except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.

John14.6
Jesus said to him: “I am the way+ and the truth+ and the life.+ No one comes to the Father except through me

The scriptures are clear, Jesus Christ is Jehovah.
Moses saw him face to face.
Moses was not the first to see Jehovah face to face.
Genesis 32.30
So Jacob named the place Pe·niʹel,*+ for he said, “I have seen God face-to-face, yet my life* was preserved.”+
Exodus 3.6
He went on to say: “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham,+ the God of Isaac,+ and the God of Jacob.”+ Then Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at the true God
Exodus 19.11
And they must be ready for the third day, because on the third day Jehovah will come down upon Mount Siʹnai before the eyes of all the people
Deuteronomy 34.10
10 But there has never again arisen a prophet in Israel like Moses,+ whom Jehovah knew face-to-face
Isaiah 6.5
Then I said: “Woe to me!
I am as good as dead,*
For I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;+
For my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies himself
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

All those that Jehovah raised as saviour are a means or Agent in which is will is done!

Jude 25
to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen.

I think you have to make yourself clear. Are you saying Jesus Christ is not our saviour because many verses in the bible point to him as Savior
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

Jude 25

That verse did not create the doctrine of the principal saviour, you created it.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Janosky: 10:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

You seem to be writing another bible. A saviour is a saviour. The bible never spoke about or differentiated the classes of saviours. You are now using human wisdom to create classes of saviours
In your Bible is Othniel a saviour?
In your Bible is Jesus a Saviour.
In your Bible is Jehovah a Saviour?

Why do you label the words in your Bible "human wisdom"?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Janosky: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

Please would you kindly show where I said so?
Still don't forget the bible teach that he is the everlasting father.
Did you not quote Isaiah 44:6-8?.

Does your 'everlasting father' have his Father?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

I don't understand your question
If I'm serving as King.
Am I a king?

but you made me understand that even when the bible says, only saviour, other saviours where also chosen now why are you finding it hard to believe that Jesus Christ is also a true God.
Follow the precedence of the Bible
Who does the Bible called the 'Only true God'? JEHOVAH, The Father.
But there are other Gods, Humans, Moses,Angels , Jesus.
But, it's only the true God that is worthy to received our Sacred Worship.

Who those the Bible called the Only saviour' with no other?
Jehovah, the Father.
But, he appointed his servant to as an Agent in this capacities..
Othniel, Moses, Jesus.
Who received the glory as the principal Saviour, Jehovah!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

That verse did not create the doctrine of the principal saviour, you created it.

The two Saviours were appointed right?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

I think you have to make yourself clear. Are you saying Jesus Christ is not our saviour because many verses in the bible point to him as Savior

Just like I wouldn't say Othniel is not a Saviour to the Israelites because he was appointed by the Supreme/Principal Saviour wink
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

If I'm serving as King.
Am I a king?

Who does the Bible called the 'Only true God'? JEHOVAH, The Father.
But there are other Gods, Humans, Moses,Angels , Jehovah.
But, it's only the true God that is worthy to received our Sacred Worship.

Who those the Bible called the Only saviour' with no other?
Jehovah, the Father.
But, he appointed his servant to as an Agent in this capacities..
Othniel, Moses, Jesus.
Who received the glory as the principal Saviour, Jehovah!
Now let me explain simile to you. "You are as brAve as a lion.
Does this make you a lion?
Your statement is very controversial. If you are the only saviour and you appointed others, you are no longer the only saviour.
For example, I own a school and I teach there. If I appoint other teachers wouldn't it be a lie if I said I am the only teacher in my school?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
Peter said about Jesus at Acts 5:31(ISV)

“God has EXALTED to his right hand this very man[Jesus] as our Leader and Savior in order to extend repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.”

The scriptures are very clear that salvation[release from slavery to sin and death] can only be gotten THROUGH Jesus Christ(John 14:6, Acts 4:12) but Jehovah remains the Source of salvation. Psalm 62:1, Isaiah 43:11

It’s just a pity Tcwork cannot see beyond the scope of the trinity doctrine.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
haddeylium:

Just like I wouldn't say Othniel is not a Saviour to the Israelites because he was appointed by the Supreme/Principal Saviour wink
So we both accept that there are many saviors not an only saviour right?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

“God has EXALTED to his right hand this very man[Jesus] as our Leader and Savior in order to extend repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.”

The scriptures are very clear that salvation[slavery from sin and death] can only be gotten THROUGH Jesus Christ(John 14:6, Acts 4:12) but Jehovah remains the Source of salvation. Psalm 62:1, Isaiah 43:11

See judgmental self-righteousness. I do not even believe in the doctrine of 3 in 1 neither have I preached it. You don't know me. I have discussed using the bible but you call me out and you bear false witness

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

The scriptures are very clear that salvation[slavery from sin and death] can only be gotten THROUGH Jesus Christ(John 14:6, Acts 4:12) but Jehovah remains the Source of salvation. Psalm 62:1, Isaiah 43:11

I agree with you 100% Jehovah (Jesus Christ ) is the source of salvation
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

See judgmental self-righteousness. I do not even believe in the doctrine of 3 in 1 neither have I preached it. You don't know me. I have discussed using the bible but you call me out and you bear false witness

Oh so you don't know that the trinity doctrine has several variations?

Some trinitarians say that God split himself into 3 and sent one portion of himself to the earth, others say God is ONE but when he came down, he changed to a servant/son, some others say he and his Son are the same, while they claim holy spirit is a person/angel or third person in God-head. Others would say that Jehovah and Jesus are the same person but that Jehovah is not the Father—which is the claim you made.

So there are assorted variations, Mr Tcwork. Maybe you're a new comer but all you need to do is find where to pitch your tent.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

I agree with you 100% Jehovah (Jesus Christ ) is the source of salvation.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

Brilliant!

You seem to be really good at adjusting other people's word. I would love to have a lawyer like you if I ever commit a crime
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

Oh so you don't know that the trinity doctrine has several variations?

Some trinitarians say that God split himself into 3 and sent one portion of himself to the earth, others say God is ONE but when he came down, he changed to a servant/son, some others say he and his Son are the same, while they claim holy spirit is a person/angel or third person in God-head. Others would say that Jehovah and Jesus are the same person but that Jehovah is not the Father—which is the claim you made.

So there are assorted variations, Mr Tcwork. Maybe you're a new comer but all you need to do is find where to pitch your tent.
You obviously do not understand the doctrine of the trinity. You can Google it.
To summarize the trinity doctrine, it teaches that Jesus Christ, his Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same person.
No need to be dishonest for the sake of an argument.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

You obviously do not understand the doctrine of the trinity. You can Google it. To summarize the trinity doctrine, it teaches that Jesus Christ, his Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same person.No need to be dishonest for the sake of an argument.

Like I said, find where to pitch your tent and leave long story.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:
Ex33.11 Jehovah spoke to Moses face-to-face,+ just as one man would speak to another man. When he returned to the camp, Joshua+ the son of Nun, his minister and attendant,+ would not depart from the tent.
Note, it was Jehovah that spoke to Moses here, face to face

John6.46
Not that any man has seen the Father,+ except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.

John14.6
Jesus said to him: “I am the way+ and the truth+ and the life.+ No one comes to the Father except through me

The scriptures are clear, Jesus Christ is Jehovah.
Moses saw him face to face.
Please I would love any of you to address this
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

Like I said, find where to pitch your tent and leave long story.
Oga we have heard you. Forget my person and address the topic.
When people get uncomfortable with your beliefs, they begin to address your person.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

You obviously do not understand the doctrine of the trinity. You can Google it.

To summarize the trinity doctrine, it teaches that Jesus Christ, his Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same person.
No need to be dishonest for the sake of an argument.

See me and wahala. I should google it ni?
Thank God you’ve admitted that the trinity doctrine doesn’t have a scriptural basis and that it’s just a collection of random opinions of your highly esteemed so-called Bible scholars.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

See me and wahala. I should google it ni?
Thank God you’ve admitted that the trinity doctrine doesn’t have a scriptural basis and that it’s just a collection of random opinions of your highly esteemed so-called Bible scholars.
Yea the trinity doctrine is not based in scriptures but you don't seem to get it. On the other hand the scriptures teach that Jehovah of the old testament is Jesus Christ
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by DappaD: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
Tcwork:

Oga we have heard you. Forget my person and address the topic.
When people get uncomfortable with your beliefs, they begin to address your person.

Did I call you out or did I call out your teaching?
Experience has always shown that one begins to play the victim card when he has no other tricks up his sleeve. Hope that’s not the case with you.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
DappaD:

Did I call you out or did I call out your teaching?
Experience has always shown that one begins to play the victim card when he has no other tricks up his sleeve. Hope that’s not the case with you.
You bore false witness. Don't you get it, this is not a game. It's about serious people sharing their beliefs and discussin scriptures. It's about asking important questions and answering them.
Many people are silently following this thread and learning from contributions.
Don't you think if you have any idea about what we are discussing you can contribute without causing a distraction.
Take a cue from the many people that have opposed me on this thread.
They have all been wonderful people with brilliant opinions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Largest Bed In World History- King Og Of Bashan Bed / Brother Emmanuel Senayon Vision Of Hell - 1st Encounter (part 1) / Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.