Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE (44081 Views)

Yusuf Gagdi & Baba Hassan Campaign On A Bike In Jos, Plateau State / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship / Admiral Ibas Launches Keel Of Nigeria's New Warship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by hopexter(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2021
post=97875165:
This is massively massive mehn!

Nigerian Navy has been one of the most vibrant armed forces in Nigeria, with a near excellent performance record; hence the need to encourage them with the required facilities for optimal discharge of their responsibilities.

From one gigantic project to another.
May God forever bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo as they make our once looted and vandalized nation work again.

God bless Nigeria.

You can say that again.

Naptu,
You get time dey reply dis kind people sef.
They never like to see any good and positive news towards Nigeria lailai!
Waste of space.

Thanks for lecturing Baawaa as an elder brother.
He has learnt something today. cool

You're welcome. I hope he truly learns something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2021
privaldo:

NNS Ambe is in my opinion the most popular warship in Nigeria. I grew up living near NNS Pathfinder and I heard of NNS Ambe a lot.

You lived in Port Harcourt, right...?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2021
NNS Ambe was going back and forth, carrying troops, tanks, Pinzgauers and other supplies to Monrovia and carrying refugees back to Lagos.

Nigerians in Liberia were kind of lucky that we had Ambe. People from other countries were stuck on civilian ships that took them out of Liberia, but had nowhere to go. The ships were being rejected from ports across the West African coast.

I remember that there was a particular ship that was rejected in Ivory Coast, Ghana and other countries. They were stuck on the Atlantic with no food. The Nigerian Government eventually accepted them, but they were scrutinised to ensure that there were no fighters among them and we reached a deal with the UN to take care of them. They were taken to the camp in Ogun.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by privaldo: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

You lived in Port Harcourt, right...?

Yes very near the Naval Base, did you also grow up in PH?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Ever8090: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2021
papaput2:
quota system inspection.. audio war ship

Until the Nigeria government start recruiting the best brain with no higher connection to occupy this sensitive position we will always remain in the shadow..

Government of the North ...all sensitive position... given to them by force leaving out the best brain to fly out..
Jonathan was one of the best brain, he some of the best brains in his administration yet, billions of dollars were wasted without any tangible results.my brother, Nigeria politicians are all the same, no vision nothing
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Chirowman(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2021
Ok oooo
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by bejeria101(m): 10:16am On Jan 09, 2021
faithfull18:
They keep exporting money that should be used here to other countries. Then, Nigeria pays for other countries labour and keeps them afloat.

When they could have brought in few experts to do the construction here, Nigerians get to understudy them for subsequent builds, they get to spend less on labour that way.

We usually don't want to do it that way.

The craze of expatriate doing our work is orgasmic.

Awon werey
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2021
Wonder what they are going to call this new one when it eventually arrives?

Any ideas, Mr naptu?

For me, I would suggest NNS Monrovia. I've got my reasons for that. smiley
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Omezif(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2021
This will cost a considerably amount of money plus looting ones.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by winterfell007(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2021
Stupidity is letting a sovereign country construct another country warship...
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Harrynight(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Thank Goodness for the new warship

NK and Russia abeg let arrange friendly

grin NK and Russia let what....
You Are Weeked Asswear grin grin grin
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 10:21am On Jan 09, 2021
This is just my opinion, but I think the events in Libya and Gambia led to the decision to commission this ship.

There was a crisis in Libya in 2009/2010 and countries were rushing to evacuate their citizens. Many countries, including the US, chartered flights to evacuate their citizens, but the US also sent an amphibious assault ship, in case it could not evacuate its citizens by regular means.

There were many Nigerians that were trapped in Libya at the time, but we no longer had any operational LSTs to send to rescue them. Luckily some of the Nigerians in Tripoli were evacuated by chartered planes, but what about the others?

There was also a crisis in the Gambia. The president refused to step down after losing an election. Ecomog was deployed to ensure that he stepped down. That operation would usually be led by Nigeria, but we had no LST to use in deploying equipment to Banjul.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:28am On Jan 09, 2021
So ordinary UAE is building ships for us?

UAE that is not a tech or military power?

kai, abokiii.

They have extended UAE and Niger republic to the Nigerian group of muslim brotehrhood.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by naptu2: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
Wonder what they are going to call this new one when it eventually arrives?

Any ideas, Mr naptu?

For me, I would suggest NNS Monrovia. I've got my reasons for that. smiley

Let's see if I remember correctly.

The Nigerian Navy usually names its frigates Thunder (in various Nigerian languages). So we've had NNS Obuma (Efik), NNS Aradu (Hausa), NNS Thunder (English), NNS Okpabana (Igala). I guess this has to do with the sound of its big guns.

They also usually name their LSTs after hippopotamus. I guess this is to show that it is a big and powerful workhorse.

So I guess it will be named Hippopotamus (in a Nigerian language).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2021
Before buhari came into power, there was usually tech transfer in ship building where china or the south korean Hyundai heavy built part of our ships and complete the rest in lagos or port harcourt.
And it has helped us in building small ships on our own.

When did this UAE nonsense start?

Are these mallams going to degrade everything that make sense?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Trustedpro: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2021
With one akara bomb the ship and the captain go vanish inside fish belle. No be only warship na worksheep.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Hallabee1(m): 10:32am On Jan 09, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Aje...
no be now
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Princedapace(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2021
faithfull18:
They keep exporting money that should be used here to other countries. Then, Nigeria pays for other countries labour and keeps them afloat.

When they could have brought in few experts to do the construction here, Nigerians get to understudy them for subsequent builds, they get to spend less on labour that way.

The black race no dey think. Arabs are already leaving the black race behind. In few decades to come, the black race will still be relying on other race for the smallest of things.

No wonder we can't fix electricity.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2021
papaput2:
quota system inspection.. audio war ship

Until the Nigeria government start recruiting the best brain with no higher connection to occupy this sensitive position we will always remain in the shadow..

Government of the North ...all sensitive position... given to them by force leaving out the best brain to fly out..

The problem is that everybody knows that would NEVER happen, this is a country built on the belief that a part of the country is dumber than the other part, and called it quota system! this is the most irrational country in the world,

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2021
UAE is ranked 45, while Nigeria is ranked 42 in the global fire power ranking of 2020.

Nigeria is ranked as a bigger military power than UAE.

The same UAE that some mallams gave our ship building contract to.

The Next president has a lot of reforms to do.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2021
naptu2:

Let's see if I remember correctly.

The Nigerian Navy usually names its frigates Thunder (in various Nigerian languages). So we've had NNS Obuma (Efik), NNS Aradu (Hausa), NNS Thunder (English), NNS Okpabana (Igala). I guess this has to do with the sound of its big guns.

They also usually name their LSTs after hippopotamus. I guess this is to show that it is a big and powerful workhorse.

So I guess it will be named Hippopotamus (in a Nigerian language).

Well, that's true... Very true.

I was thinking they would make a break with Nigerian naval naming tradition this time around. sad
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by PS712: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2021
naptu2:
More pictures of the visit.
Your reporting is topnotch. I see you as something (mind you not only someone) else, entirely out of the league of Nairaland reporters, from investigative prowess to presentations...
Don't you have a blog or something?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2021
Nigeria built these ships thanks to the local content initiatives and tech transfer from china and south korea.
The fruit of a deliberate policy by past presidents most notably Jonathan.

Why is UAE building our ship?

What is the end goal here?

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Perfectbeing(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2021
When would they start producing Helicarrier, like the ones used by SHIELD in the Avengers?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2021
Please where is the electricity deal with SIEMENS

THAT WAVE HAS COME AND GONE AND THEY HAVE SNAPPED PICTURE IN GERMANY
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by wink2015(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2021
Why don't they build in the Ship in the Niger delta region ( Warri, Port Harcourt, Oron, Calabar ) or Lagos where it will create maritime jobs.

Instead they took the job to a foreign country.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2021
wink2015:
Why don't they build in the Ship in the Niger delta region ( Warri, Port Harcourt, Oron, Calabar ) or Lagos where it will create maritime jobs.

A foreign country that is still trying to build its own ship building capability.

They are using us to learn.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by TheMan3: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2021
flybiz08:
Under construction?

From UAE? Can the UAE even protect themselves?

My opinion is under construction.

What do I know?

you don't know anything
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by CSTRR: 10:45am On Jan 09, 2021
TheMan3:
you don't know anything
What do you know about UAE?

Are they a military or tech power?
What is their claim to this contract apart from being a muslim country?

What happened to south korea or china that we have been learning from?
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by nnamdi640: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2021
BigDawsNet:

On top of one small ship that won't take Russian 2mins to blow it up. Ordinary Boko Harams you can't defeat,it is Russia you want to defeat. Abeg pack well let me see road.
Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by BreconHills(m): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2021
moneyissweet:
Everything they must travel to obodo oyibo to squander money when we have competent engineers in Nigeria.

Look at the way he is standing and looking as if he know anything there.

Criminals

Do you have flat steel or do you want to use iron rods to build a ship twith that size of tonnage?

How many ships are we going to build to justify the installed cost of ship building facility? What happens to the highly skilled staff in between jobs?

Let's criticize with clear well thought ideas that can move us forward.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2021
wink2015:

It requires supporting industries and technologies which are currently non existent in nigeria. We'll soon be building our own. Give us a little more time. One day, Nigeria will be a world hub of technology.

nnamdi640:
On top of one small ship that won't take Russian 2mins to blow it up. Ordinary Boko Harams you can't defeat,it is Russia you want to defeat. Abeg pack well let me see road.

Who told you it's meant to invade Russia? What possible fight could we have with Russia? Military purchases are always based on existing needs of the moment, and how well these hardware can be utilised in harmony with existing hardware.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Smiling Aisha Alhassan At FEC Meeting With Buhari Presiding (Photos) / Occupy Nigeria Protests The Issuance Of Certificate Of Return To Buhari / Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.