Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ (642 Views)

❣❣ WOMANHOOD ❣ BY JESSICA DURU ❣❣ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2021
❀ Cultivated as an ideal of womanhood,
❀ Ferocious and brave she stands.
❀ She is beautiful, that we know,
❀ Courageous, not concealed.
❀ When she walks, the people adore;
❀ In honour of her beauty, the trees bow.
❀ Song of praises are raised in her name;
❀ How tender, how sweet,
❀ How loving she is!
❀ Her skin no different from the sun,
❀ Diamond and gold no matching sight to it.
❀ She is ever-glowing;
❀ An egg to be treated with care;
❀ Never to be hurt,
❀ But to always be loved!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Knoxxwood: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Hail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seekHail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seekHail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seek

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
Knoxxwood:
Hail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seekHail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seekHail ye daughters of Eve. Black, brown, white in skin. Reveal thy hidden beauty within. For all Adam's breed who seek

Lol. Thanks for this, dear. I really appreciate kiss
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2021
Ciara9251:
DELETED

Wondering what's really going on here...

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Wondering what's really going on here...
Yeah
I closed it. Happy Sunday.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Knoxxwood: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ciara9251:
Yeah I closed it. Happy Sunday.
any reason why

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Knoxxwood:
any reason why
Mm-hmm. I knew the views weren't going to be like I wanted. So... to avoid further embarassed, I took it off.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Knoxxwood

Oh, and you can check out "My campus life", just in case you're bored and you want something to keep you company ❤

Y'all can do the same.... to my NL FAM
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by joseph1832(m): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ciara9251:

Mm-hmm. I knew the views weren't going to be like I wanted. So... to avoid further embarassed, I took it off.
Do you write for views or you write what you feel and how you feel?

Whatever it is, drop your poem and never mind the views. Let posterity judge. smiley

2 Likes

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2021
joseph1832:
Do you write for views or you write what you feel and how you feel?

Whatever it is, drop your poem and never mind the views. Let posterity judge. smiley

I write what I feel when I'm alone. But when it's got something to do with the people, I can't stand and watch a piece I suffered to create not get viewed. So I rather put it on a better site where it'd be appreciated by not only a few... but by the majority. You understand what I'm saying, right? I know you'd understand if you've been going through the poems section. Not everyone goes there. Like they are centered on the important sections, which I can't even count.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by joseph1832(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ciara9251:

I write what I feel when I'm alone. But when it's got something to do with the people, I can't stand and watch a piece I suffered to create not get viewed. So I rather put it on a better site where it'd be appreciated by not only a few... but by the majority. You understand what I'm saying, right? I know you'd understand if you've been going through the poems section. Not everyone goes there. Like they are centered on the important sections, which I can't even count.
Yea I understand what you've saying but hey trust me, Nigerians don't appreciate poetry so it's not just a Nairaland thing.

Most poems you see here that have thousands of views didn't just get the views overnight. It accumulated with time. So patience is key. Besides if you continue to write I remember once telling you you'd evolve like so many of us.

Out of curiosity, which other site poems get viewed more than Nairaland?.

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2021
joseph1832:
Yea I understand what you've saying but hey trust me, Nigerians don't appreciate poetry so it's not just a Nairaland thing.

Most poems you see here that have thousands of views didn't just get the views overnight. It accumulated with time. So patience is key. Besides if you continue to write I remember once telling you you'd evolve like so many of us.

You're right. You're really right. Well, I do post my poems on AllPoetry. And some foreign websites.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by joseph1832(m): 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ciara9251:

You're right. You're really right. Well, I do post my poems on AllPoetry. And some foreign websites.
Okey dokey.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2021
Ciara9251:

Don't let this discourage you from writing. Even if you're no longer sharing them here, just keep writing and sharing wherever your heart leads you.

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 7:42am On Jan 13, 2021
joseph1832:

This is so true! I've written many poems on my Facebook a few years back, but I realized that sometimes I had zero comments with as low as 3 likes. I was having sleepless nights writing poems, yet people weren't interested. It's the passion writing poetry and a few words of encouragement from some of my lecturers back then that still makes me write till this moment.

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Seezzy:

This is so true! I've written many poems on my Facebook a few years back, but I realized that sometimes I had zero comments with as low as 3 likes. I was having sleepless nights writing poems, yet people weren't interested. It's the passion writing poetry and a few words of encouragement from some of my lecturers back then that still makes me write till this moment.

At least you're a Literature student and it's your field. My field has nothing to do with writing. I'm just doing because I'm working towards a certain thing.
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Seezzy:

Don't let this discourage you from writing. Even if you're no longer sharing them here, just keep writing and sharing wherever your heart leads you.

Thank you so much, dear. I really appreciate ❤

LOL. I didn't say I won't be sharing any of my works here. I can't let the ghost readers and all get to me. Nah cheesy

Bill Gate didn't become a billionaire by giving up. If I'm to do that, what do I gain?
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Knoxxwood: 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Ciara9251:

On the contrary i do love your poems

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 3:12am On Jan 14, 2021
Ciara9251:

Thank you so much, dear. I really appreciate ❤

LOL. I didn't say I won't be sharing any of my works here. I can't let the ghost readers and all get to me. Nah cheesy

Bill Gate didn't become a billionaire by giving up. If I'm to do that, what do I gain?

You're welcome! cheesy That's the spirit!
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 3:14am On Jan 14, 2021
Ciara9251:

At least you're a Literature student and it's your field. My field has nothing to do with writing. I'm just doing because I'm working towards a certain thing.

What is your field?

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
Seezzy:

What is your field?
Aty... Anatomy
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
Knoxxwood:
On the contrary i do love your poems

Awwwwwww. Someone's blushing cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by OlayemiAshraf(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ciara9251:

Aty... Anatomy

Oh, I see. It's an advantage to you as a poet. You could make allusions, metaphors and use terms only found in field when writing poems.

1 Like

Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
Seezzy:

Oh, I see. It's an advantage to you as a poet. You could make allusions, metaphors and use terms only found in field when writing poems.

cheesy An advantage? Wow. Really?
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Nice

Thank you kiss
Re: WOMANHOOD — The Winning Poem ❀ ❀ ❀ by Seezzy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
Yeah. Have you read any of Lenri Peters’ poems? I'd urge you to read his poem titled “She came in silken drapes”.
Jaylynn:

cheesy An advantage? Wow. Really?

(1) (Reply)

Midnight Contemplations / "Mind Droppings" Featuring Infomizer / BROKEN HEARTS Heal...a Chapbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.