Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? (30000 Views)

Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction / Beware Of Fake "Dentistry Course Or Dentists". / 8 Interesting Facts About Dentists And Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Alpasuno(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2021
Elove1:
Average nigeria doctors are quack
Coming from someone who cannot comfortably study zoology.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Sewasaunt:

Fun fact, taking calcium frequently makes the bone more dense and hence teeth are more difficult to remove when they eventually need to be extracted from lack of timely, adequate professional DENTAL care.

Enough Calcium is usually gotten through our diet, if anyone needs calcium supplements, it should not be because one or two teeth have holes.

You are welcome.

Thank you..
I never recommended CA-C for long term use. 7 to 10 days at best for non osteo-compromised patients...

Well, you line about diet and calcium tells me you don't quite know how poorly nourished the average Nigerian is... You would be amazed. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2021
Someodds:

Can I get that toothpaste from store, and what's CA-C 100, also what's the generic name for the painkiller you're suggesting? Thanks

Euthymol toothpaste is sold in major pharmacies and supermarkets across the nation... It's quite pricy and kinda rare.

It has been proven to be handy in certain mild dental issues like sensitivity, cavities, tooth decay (mild), etc... You simply brush with it twice daily.

For pain, diclofenac 50mg (preferably Cataflam by Novartis) can help a lot.

CA-C gives strength to weakened teeth and bones. It also helps in healing (High strength Vitamin C).
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Sewasaunt(f): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2021
Angelfrost:

Thank you..
I never recommended CA-C for long term use. 7 to 10 days at best for non osteo-compromised patients...

Well, you line about diet and calcium tells me you don't quite know how poorly nourished the average Nigerian is... You would be amazed. grin

Nigerians eat more of carbohydrates and don't combine food classes well but it is not that bad.

Common foods such as okro, bread, milk, fish, beans, akara, milk, pap and milk, vegetables including ugwu, eggs, sweet potatoes, oranges, sardines, cereals, yoghurt and so many other Nigerian meals contain calcium.

Rural dwellers will consume less calcium containing foods, many studies have not been conducted in urban areas, show us statistics, not just your own point of view.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Sewasaunt(f): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2021
Angelfrost:

Euthymol toothpaste is sold in major pharmacies and supermarkets across the nation... It's quite pricy and kinda rare.

It has been proven to be handy in certain mild dental issues like sensitivity, cavities, tooth decay (mild), etc... You simply brush with it twice daily.

Also, euthymol hardly helps with sensitivity.

Most protective toothpastes contain fluoride.

Fluoride reinforces the teeth, making them stronger and less disposed to dissolution from acid.

Euthymol has no fluoride, the major constituent is thymol which is a good antibacterial agent, also the strong minty taste leaves the mouth more refreshed in many users and it helps with gum issues.

It doesn't help with sensitivity or really protect against cavities.

You can read more about it online.

Misinforming people without facts and based mainly on personal experience like yours doesn't help much and it is certainly not helping at all in this case.

You also prescribed Diclofenac, you didn't ask if he has a history of peptic ulcer, this is one of the dangers of online prescription. Instead of treating the root cause of the pain, you are encouraging him to take Diclofenac, others may see it and then turn to popping drugs continuously when they have pain instead of treating the root cause of the pain, hence doing more damage to their health

Please note before you decide to take Diclofenac without restrictions and caution: Diclofenac and other NSAIDS if used for long periods of time, can predispose one to peptic ulcer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by iamL(f): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
Not just the dentist alone the average Nigerian Medics are quacks they are after your money not your well being.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by akaahs(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2021
omoharry:
It cleans & polish your teeth to remove hardened dirt and stains that your tooth brush cannot take out . Scaling and polishing helps to prevent tooth decay and other complications caused by cavity in the teeth . If you do scale & polish every six month, you will never have any issues with tooth cavity that will eventually lead to tooth extraction and other dental complications .
Thanks, done that sometimes in June and d doctor advised should be at least twice a year.
Having serious tooth ache now, planning of seeing a dentist tomorrow
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by jacoik(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

You people like defelcting and making up stories to counter an argument.
Did the OP say he went to aboki?
Someone said he went to a dentist you are talking of those who went to aboki
Dentists dont follow the right procedure bit it is still the patient's fault. SMH
before you react to comment, digest it first before you come online to disgrace yourself
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by DedeNkem: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
It is incompetence!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Someodds: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
Angelfrost:

For pain, diclofenac 50mg (preferably Cataflam by Novartis) can help a lot.

Thanks for the clarifications.

CA-C gives strength to weakened teeth and bones. It also helps in healing (High strength Vitamin C).
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by sob8084: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
it does make some sense. But the issue is that removing a tooth may also make it easier for another tooth to develop an issue. Or may create some psychological feeling. I would advise that one can take good care of the tooth. Personally, I have used a special toothpaste (morning and evening) to take care of sensitive gum
gaeul:
I honestly don't know of it's Laziness or what but Nigeria Doctors always go for the last option which is Extraction.

They would rather opt for Extraction and would never suggest root canal treatment, even if a person have removed 4teeths, they will still opt for Extraction.

Most developed country would be happy to do all they can and when there is no way out again before they opt for Extraction. Keeping as much natural teeth as possible is the best, why then do Nigeria dentist always opt for Extraction?

Sadly, if you insist on restorative measures, the will tagged you stubborn patient. Tired much.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by sob8084: 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
one can also try this special toothpaste by Fohow [quote author=Someodds post=97917367][/quote]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by sob8084: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
You can get a natural treatment for high BP and also avoid a root canal procedure with our special toothpaste
onegig:

Do Root canal right away? Wow!!

Such should not even be carried out without a Blood Pressure test let a lone someone coming in just for a checkup or pains from a tooth issue.

if you have slightly above normal BP , carrying out a root canal can aggravate that and result to cardiac arrest or other complications because of severe pain.

But here in Nigeria. I have never seen a dentist except in Teaching Hospitals and some select Dentist who would require you go home first, rest, relax and come back a day or 2 later to carry out such procedures when you have stabilized.

The number of people who have lost their lives to doctors not following procedures is quite high. We don't have litigations and rarely carry out autopsies so most get away from losts of things
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by onyeomanono24(f): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Most of you making these comments,would be the first to ask for extraction if you are told the price of an RCT..
You're all here shouting na Wetin they teach them for school.. angry
Oga just tell us that you are toothless already, no be wetin dem teach them before?

Answer the op, i no call your name, if u be dentist goan do your extraction jejely .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by DarkJeddi(m): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
onyeomanono24:

Oga just tell us that you are toothless already, no be wetin dem teach them before?

Answer the op, i no call your name, if u be dentist goan do your extraction jejely .
You can't afford to pay for an RCT,so go and rest.
Your type,na Agnes Nwanma teething powder be the solution to all their teeth problems..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Jaqenhghar: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
jacoik:
before you react to comment, digest it first before you come online to disgrace yourself
Look who's talking of digest. Clearly your post shows you didnt digest anything. Either that or you have comprehension problems
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Litmus: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Can’t opine why Nigeria dentist extract tooth as a norm since I didn’t know this and don’t believe that your observation was informed by quantitative research but I do believe Tooth extraction is in any case better eventually for the patient. Fillings costs the patient more in the long run and almost always leads to tooth extraction.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by DarkJeddi(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Pa3cia:
The problem doesn't end when you get rid of the infected tooth, you have to get rid of the worms disturbing the tooth nd not the tooth itself, why do you think the problem persists after removing the infected tooth, it's because, the worms are still living in there and will immediately start feasting on a new one, once their host has been taken, this new one takes time before one starts to notice, by the time it has eaten deep into the infected tooth is when you start to feel the pain, stop removing your tooth, or else you'll end up removing more than two, because the worms disturbing the tooth is still alive, been battling with mine since primary sch till date, herbs is all I've been using for it, now the affected tooth is breaking by itself, I hardly feel the pains. We do not remove our head simply because we are suffering from headache, rather we use drugs for it, why not apply same method you use in treating headache even though this one is different, the pain is out of this world, very wicked thing.
For the umpteenth time,there's no WORM in your teeth..
I have seen more tooth than you are going to see in the next hundreds years and there's NON with a worm inside..
Stop posting this infantile nonsense.. angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by onyeomanono24(f): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
You can't afford to pay for an RCT,so go and rest.
Your type na Agnes Nwanma teething powder be the solution to all their teeth problems..

Sorry oga you can vent your grievance on your quack dentist, no be me cause your eze-ure. I have no business with whether you still have a tooth in your mouth or you need a repair. Next time use a good hospital. I can't relate with your teeth problem and this gibberish u typing up & down.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by DarkJeddi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
onyeomanono24:

Sorry oga you can vent your grievance on your quack dentist, no be me cause your eze-ure. I have no business with whether you still have a tooth in your mouth or you need a repair. Next time use a good hospital. I can't relate with your teeth problem and this gibberish u typing up & down.
Lol..
I thought you said tooth extraction was ALL they teach them in school? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
My wife said one of the reason for the dentist to suggest extraction is high cost of root canal treatment. It goes for up to 100k and more. And most of our patients here in Nigeria have used self medications that the damages in the teeth had been severe.
In addition, patients are always cried for extraction because they always believe it would relief them from present pain
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
BabaOwen:
Please, do you mean your teeth is breaking?
Yes, it's dancing Michael Jackson (moonwalk) grin
Jokes apart, the affected tooth is breaking, half of it, is broken, can't wait for the remaining one to follow.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sewasaunt:

No ma, there is no worm in your mouth, you can read about it online.

So where do those ppl who removed worms from theirs, got the worms from, I did too but didn't complete my medications, the heat from the pot was too much, and I saw them worms myself, woh please, I cannot explain anything again jare, but I saw worms like two sha.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
There is no WORM in your teeth..
From my student years to now as a Dentist of over a decade,after dealing with THOUSANDS OF TEETH,I have NEVER seen ONE WORM in any tooth..
What destroys your teeth are BACTERIA.
Stop spreading this falsehood..
Anyone that brought out a worm in your tooth is doing ABRACADABRA for you..
Yinmu
Use herbs nd see for urself
Abraca kini
Palm wine and one other leaf ,dunno the name of the plant in English, It's DAGUNRO in Yoruba language, steam on fire, nd open ur mouth right inside the pot while it's still very hot, you go see worm.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
For the umpteenth time,there's no WORM in your teeth..
I have seen more tooth than you are going to see in the next hundreds years and there's NON with a worm inside..
Stop posting this infantile nonsense.. angry
You reply is worse than nonsense.
Mtchhheeeewwww! Biko shift.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by jacoik(m): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Look who's talking of digest. Clearly your post shows you didnt digest anything. Either that or you have comprehension problems
Okay sir
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
Pa3cia:

Yes, it's dancing Michael Jackson (moonwalk) grin
Jokes apart, the affected tooth is breaking, half of it, is broken, can't wait for the remaining one to follow.
Chai!! Nah wah o grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by BafanaBafana: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Because you are ranked according to the number of teeth you have pulled out. Shikena.
Just like boxers are ranked according to the fights they have won,
Lawyers are ranked according to the cases they have won,
Academics are ranked according to the number of publications

Na so dentists sef are ranked according to the number of teeth they have removed. So if you be dentist, wetin you go do

My opinion though

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Because you are ranked according to the number of teeth you have pulled out. Shikena.
Just like boxers are ranked according to the fights they have won,
Lawyers are ranked according to the cases they have won,
Academics are ranked according to the number of publications

Na so dentists sef are ranked according to the number of teeth they have removed. So if you be dentist, wetin you go do

My opinion though
LMAO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
onyeomanono24:

Savage grin grin
O sino eze-ure
You're mean lmao
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by onyeomanono24(f): 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
Pa3cia:

Savage grin grin
O sino eze-ure
You're mean lmao
grin grin
Nne i tire for the guy, odika ndi dokinta eze emesigo ya ike. Ona ewesazim iwe cheesy since today.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? by Willmichael(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Boss Slawomir, abeg teach me work na

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....grab my weed while I read comments.....

Wait o that reminds me ......my client from Canada complained about tooth ache the other day...make I just use this opportunity ask her how the matter come be....if na remove them removed the teeth or na root canal treatment them give her as the op suggests

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

160 New COVID-19 Cases,291 Discharged And No Deaths On August 28 - (3780 Tested) / My 30-year-old Son Uses Diapers, Crawls After #endsars Shootings - Lagos Widow / Leading Causes Of Death In Nigeria - NOIPolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.