Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,363 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634678 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
lawali:

Hi,

Do you consider this option as the best way to pay school tuition/fees too? I think there are charges for payment via cards.

Someone told me of option of getting your trusted aboki/ someone in US who want to exchange dollar to make direct payment to school account in US may be cheaper. Has anyone tried that?

Considering the high exchange rate and unexpected bank charges, information on best and cheapest option is desirable.

Looking forward to workable information from others who have done this transaction before. Thanks

The best way of paying tuition from Naija is via the Form-A process. All you need is an official letter from your school stating your fees, the school bank account, routing number and a swift code. Take this info to your Naija bank and let them know you want to pay for tuition with the Form-A. A friend that has done it said First Bank debited his naira account with CBN's official exchange rate. It took 3 weeks for First Bank to approve the payment though.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by missuzoma: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

The best way of paying tuition from Naija is via the Form-A process. All you need is an official letter from your school stating your fees, the school bank account, routing number and a swift code. Take this info to your Naija bank and let them know you want to pay for tuition with the Form-A. A friend that has done it said First Bank debited his naira account with CBN's official exchange rate. It took 3 weeks for First Bank to approve the payment though.

Three weeks?!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
missuzoma:

Three weeks?!!!

Lol...considering the high exchange rate, I think the 3 weeks was worth the wait. Other banks could take less time though...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessings001: 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Application fee waiver....
Chicago state university
Undergraduate program

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Poultryology

Sorry to say but you're foolish.
Someone asked a question. If you have no answer don't show your stupidity online. Thanks.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
NigPatriot:

Sorry to say but you're foolish.
Someone asked a question. If you have no answer don't show your stupidity online. Thanks.

I'm sorry to say but your an idiot. A mistake of a son, why did you reply. Idiot boy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

I'm sorry to say but your an idiot. A mistake of a son, why did you reply. Idiot boy
please it's OK guys before another gbas gbos happen on this thread as usual grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

An idiot is correcting you from your solecism. Shouldnt that worry you? Someone posted a pertinent question. If you didn't have an answer why try to troll him? This forum has been about people contributing, if you have none sensible save yourself, please keep quiet. I won't reply you again. Heed to the correction.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
fairheart:

I didn't get any message from you.

Good evening. This was my first message to you. Can I get your email so I can send you an email?
Thanks for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cmark11: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
ottiz:
@Justwise, I would like to pay for SAT1/ACT/SAT2 test of 10 underprivileged but brilliant 16-19 year old students. How do I go about it to make sure the deserving students get it?

I am a secondary school teacher. I have a student I'm presenting registering for Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) right now that needs this. She's 16 and presently in Ss2. Just few days ago, I mentioned SAT to her but the money to register and of course finance abroad study was a deep concern to her. I encouraged her that if she ace her SAT and WAEC, she's likely to gain a scholarship. HOW ENCOURAGED SHE'D BE IF SHE GETS THIS OFFER.

I will be looking out for your criteria for selection sir. I really do hope you'd try out. Who knows, you may select her. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
fairheart:

I didn't get any message from you.

I don’t have your email. Please if you can send it would be awesome or please contact me on e_eidusi@yahoo.com

Thank you sir! Looking forward to your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
ottiz:
@Justwise, I would like to pay for SAT1/ACT/SAT2 test of 10 underprivileged but brilliant 16-19 year old students. How do I go about it to make sure the deserving students get it?

You can test them with mock test samples similar to actual material.. you can get sample questions online

Sorry for late reply though

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 1:31am On Jan 18, 2021
justwise:

You can test them with mock test samples similar to actual material.. you can get sample questions online

Sorry for late reply though
I support this, but do you know that passing the mock isn't enough to get admission, you could pass the mock, get the sponsorship for standardized testing, ace the tests and still not gain admission—what a waste of resources when other students actually need it.

The mock could be conducted, olevel results and the equivalent should be considered too, ESSAYS one of the main factors that matters in getting into a US college, a 1500+ on the sat with average/bad essays or writing skills will end up in the reject pile. So I suggest:

MAIN FACTORS TO CONSIDER

1) Olevel or the equivalent + maybe the mock exam (if necessary) cuz IDK how he's gonna check if the students didn't cheat. This days the education system is corrupt, passing WAEC exam is Now about how fast you could write from the answers written on the board or dictated, especially private schools, people have A's they didn't work for na just settlement go make them pass.

2) ESSAY at least a 650 words essay is perfect to describe Why you want to study in the US, what you hope to achieve with your education and why you need sponsorship for the standardized testing, ability to write this essays well will help measure your chances of getting admitted into a college after getting the support instead of just passing the exam and getting rejected from colleges because of your inability to express yourself.

3) INTERVIEW: Ahh, if a student wrote WAEC in a miracle center, got someone to write their essays, this is the point to fish out such person, imagine getting straight A's, writing phenomenal essays and unable to defend yourself in an interview for an extremely competitive spot.

4) type of school attended, you mentioned less privileged, i believe my private school counter parts are doing well for their parents to afford 50k plus per term, how much is SAT? They'll support their children's future. Just leave it for public school students, Biko! unless they could prove that their parents can't actually afford it and substantiate the claim with genuine evidences.

PEACE! smiley

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phenomenalopeye: 1:34am On Jan 18, 2021
Curious2020:
I support this, but do you know that passing the mock isn't enough to get admission, you could pass the mock, get the sponsorship for standardized testing, ace the tests and still not gain admission—what a waste of resources when other students actually need it.

The mock could be conducted, olevel results and the equivalent should be considered too, ESSAYS one of the main factors that matters in getting into a US college, a 1500+ on the sat with average/bad essays or writing skills will end up in the reject pile. So I suggest:

MAIN FACTORS TO CONSIDER

1) Olevel or the equivalent + maybe the mock exam (if necessary) cuz IDK how he's gonna check if the students didn't cheat. This days the education system is corrupt, passing WAEC exam is Now about how fast you could write from the answers written on the board or dictated, especially private schools, people have A's they didn't work for na just settlement go make them pass.

2) ESSAY at least a 650 words essay is perfect to describe Why you want to study in the US, what you hope to achieve with your education and why you need sponsorship for the standardized testing, ability to write this essays well will help measure your chances of getting admitted into a college after getting the support instead of just passing the exam and getting rejected from colleges because of your inability to express yourself.

3) INTERVIEW: Ahh, if a student wrote WAEC in a miracle center, got someone to write their essays, this is the point to fish out such person, imagine getting straight A's, writing phenomenal essays and unable to defend yourself in an interview for an extremely competitive spot.

4) type of school attended, you mentioned less privileged, i believe my private school counter parts are doing well for their parents to afford 50k plus per term, how much is SAT? They'll support their children's future. Just leave it for public school students, Biko! unless they could prove that their parents can't actually afford it and substantiate the claim with genuine evidences.

PEACE! smiley

well said!
Oil dey ur head.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Official66: 6:36am On Jan 18, 2021
ottiz:

Sir I would love to be among the 10 underprivileged but brilliants students you are going to sponsor for the SAT1/ACT/SAT2 test
I have always want to sit for the exam I just got admission to OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY and I haven’t been able to resume due to COVID-19 issues I can even upload my results sir
I would love if you can consider my request sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 8:06am On Jan 18, 2021
Curious2020:

MAIN FACTORS TO CONSIDER

PEACE! smiley

hope you know this is too much stress for someone that just want to help.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2021
Predstan:

1. Exceptional (No matter what course)
2. STEM
3. School (Ivy, top100 e.t.c)
4. Degree(Bsc, MSc, PhD)

what are the courses in STEM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2021
Friedpotato:
asiin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aquilapriscilla: 8:31am On Jan 18, 2021
Curious2020:

MAIN FACTORS TO CONSIDER

Generalising things is not the best way of presenting something,the fact I went to a private school and got straight As doesn't mean I copied from the board na?

4) type of school attended, you mentioned less privileged, i believe my private school counter parts are doing well for their parents to afford 50k plus per term, how much is SAT? They'll support their children's future. Just leave it for public school students, Biko! unless they could prove that their parents can't actually afford it and substantiate the claim with genuine evidences. the fact I also went to a private school doesn't mean my parents can afford 50k at my beck and call. Some of these private school parents are just managing to see their children get the best thus sending them to private schools.
Please let's be guided.

PEACE! smiley

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 9:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Friedpotato:
lol yeah absolutely true, but that's the best way to get the deserving student, do you realize how many people will apply, Bruh it's NL oo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=Aquilapriscilla post=98177942][/quote]please don't get me wrong, i wrote "if you can substantiate your claim with genuine evidences", I totally understand what you mean, that's why I wrote it there for situations like this. Besides let @ottiz decide how he wants to pick cuz I was only giving a suggestion so that the deserving students gets it. And if he chooses to follow the suggestion then you'll have to substantiate your claim.

PEACE!☺
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2021
ottiz:

Anyone that's interested or knows a student that deserves this, please go to:
https://www.nairaland.com/6369462/get-sat-act-test-paid#98181867

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aquilapriscilla: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Curious2020:
please don't get me wrong, i wrote "if you can substantiate your claim with genuine evidences", I totally understand what you mean, that's why I wrote it there for situations like this. Besides let @ottiz decide how he wants to pick cuz I was only giving a suggestion so that the deserving students gets it. And if he chooses to follow the suggestion then you'll have to substantiate your claim.

PEACE!☺
It's cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Comanche(f): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Solved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FieryJoe: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hello friends,

I'm new here and happy to join.

I'd like to apply to study for my masters programme in the US and I need your help to find a good school thats accepts PTE (done already). See my detail below:

Intending course of study: social work
PTE - Done!
WES (canada) - Done!
Transcripts - available (student copy)
Experience: Health care

PLS HELP!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessings001: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
FieryJoe:
Hello friends,

I'm new here and happy to join.

I'd like to apply to study for my masters programme in the US and I need your help to find a good school thats accepts PTE (done already). See my detail below:

Intending course of study: social work
PTE - Done!
WES (canada) - Done!
Transcripts - available (student copy)
Experience: Health care

PLS HELP!!

google search masters degree program social work in USA

Most importantly apply for the ones that usually give funding/assistantships to students.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
godguy:

what are the courses in STEM
Google.com

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
Magma012:

What is STEM
Google.com

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
naijaeclectic:

If you see how I was abusing Infinix and Techno ehhn. grin

grin grin grin grin Make I join you swear for them

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Predstan:

Go get the 1phone 12 buy one, get one free at T-Mobile

Thanks for the info, not within my purchasing power however cheesy. Maybe someday in the future.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stalon99(m): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Please does anyone know any cheap hotel close to Abuja Embassy. Kindly give name and price please

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.