Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (1002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634934 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
DanielAJ:

Would there be any closer date available because I have a 4 day timeframe to reschedule my emergency appointment
And other dates are being taken as we speak
See the reaching.
Check later at midnight.
I believe by Saturday you will testify.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
Teejay13:

Oh, thank you for letting me know this. To be in a safer place, I guess it will be nice one also have all of the basic requirements at hand before applying.
I hope you aim for 340.
Good luck.
Just like he said, it's a competition, so you have to ensure you get a good score which is 100% possible.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teejay13(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
itoski:

I hope you aim for 340.
Good luck.
Just like he said, it's a competition, so you have to ensure you get a good score which is 100% possible.

Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teejay13(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Skywalking:

WELL.....SOME SCHOOL IN USA DO NOT CONSIDER THE WHOLE UNDERGRADUATE GPA THEY ONLY CONSIDER THE LAST TWO YEARS OF UNDERGRADUATE RESULT(LAST 60 SEMESTER UNIT)

So if you’re able to write good GPA of 3.0 or more on a scale of 4.0 in your last two years then you’re on good for funding

Hello @skywalking and all other guru's in the house, please o, i just evaluated my CGPA using the WES GPA tool and my overall CGPA is 2.90 on a 4.0 scale

Please can this fly for a fully funded schorlaship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by graciousify(f): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Vikrex:
Good evening all.

Please I have still not got any response to this message.

Please, can DS-160 be edited after been submitted since February?

yes. you can retrieve and edit it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by YoungChemist(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=Twrgirl post=114073887]I’m interested in joining WhatsApp group for dates in Abuja and Lagos….08108520755, God bless you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by YoungChemist(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Please I need to be added to Abuja WhatsApp group for updates. My number is 07033622989. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dzennieva: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2022
Walspring:

Send me message if you still need assistance in paying the sevis fee

Hi Walspring, I need assistance to pay for Sevis. Please contact me via email: Jenniferajibo@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justdoit100(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
guest31:
I have scheduled visa interview for a university A. But I decided to go to interview for university B. When I booked appointment on CGI portal, there was field to enter university name and zip code (see screenshot). Now I want to change name of university on CGI portal, but there is no option to change university name in Update profile tab.

Please someone tell how can I change university name in CGI portal without cancelling visa appointment.
Thanks.

Have you been able to resolve the issue and enter your new SEVIS ID and school name?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dzennieva: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
emmanuelle27:
I recently secured a loan more than that amount, How did you fill in your loan application that made them reject you after giving you conditional approval, there must have been something they didn't like in the details of your application, maybe shoot them an email to see if there's a chance of reevaluation, if they agree to reevaluate your application let me know so we can examine ur new application together

I would like to speak to you personally, please reach out to me on Jenniferajibo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Currently filling form I-901 and in the school information part, it keeps on showing invalid school code. I have done everything possible to no avail. So, I decided to come here and seek help. Is there any other way to fill the school code?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justdoit100(m): 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
The US embassy should set a student visa surge date for fall 2022, similar to how they did for spring 2022 in December 2021. They can do better.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cath1234(f): 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
damilarelr:

@lagosismyhome here are the questions.

It's a 2 yrs Masters program in Industrial Hygiene at University of Central Missouri.

Hello, please are you going to the school ? University of central Missouri?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OLUBODEmike(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
MrKayDee:

I already picked the date out of ignorance. What can I do please and I have a fully funded scholarship that I don't want to loose.

It is okay. just keep checking for newer dates. I would have advised you to pick the earliest date you saw. It happened to me too, my EA was approved but the earliest date I saw was some days after resumption, I kept checking back, preferrably around evenings and I got another date few days before resumption. So keep praying and checking.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyskyline: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
Good morning Everyone

Please what are the questions Visa Officer usually Ask people applying for F1 Student visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godwilldomyown: 1:10am On Jun 24, 2022
@moshkom and others, pls help me answer my question (s) I'm new here

Godwilldomyown:
Please house, kindly help me answer this question.
I'm applying for F2 and I want to say that I will stay in the US for 5 years until the completion of my husband PhD program together with the kids. I'm full time working with the government
And how best can I answer if I'm asked how my stay will not affect my job. Gurus in the house kindly help me to answer

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmiableAmmy: 1:39am On Jun 24, 2022
Hi

Sorry about your loan denial.
I was in this shoes few months ago

Mpower financing declined lots of loan decisions that they had conditionally approved in the first stage of the application… I gathered that the US government had laid off loan debts incurred on students lately I think that affected their approval rates.. just my thoughts anyway.
Is your program a STEM program. It’s like they give preference to STEM students.

Start off by looking out for funding offers from other departments in your schools and search for external sources of funding too
Go through external funding resources available to international students, that would help.
Try fastweb.com

Hope this information helps.

Cyingfreeman:
Hello people.

I'm actually in some kind of dilemma at the moment and need help and advise.

I got admitted for a Master degree in Public health against Fall in 5 different US universities. Trying to secure funding In form of a graduate assistantship has been very difficult. All effort yielded to nothing.

I then decided to go for a student loan (Mpower) of $30k with financial support of $10k from a friend. My loan was declined just before I attached my financial support letter and statement of account. The reason was that "Your projected debt burden at the time of graduation exceeds our risk limits". This loan was supposed to be for a year/session. The estimated cost for a session study was $40k.

And I was really banking on this loan. At this point, I really don't know what to do. Would my loan have been accepted if I had attached the sponsor letter and bank statement on time? If so, I could file for an appeal.

Did I make any mistake while applying that worked against me? I need advise.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 2:02am On Jun 24, 2022
Godwilldomyown:
@moshkom and others, pls help me answer my question (s) I'm new here

Hello, Good Day Mrs.

Sincerely, you can’t say you would want to say with your husband for 5years. Ah! It’s not advisable at all, don’t even try it, talk-less of filling it that way you on your ds160. Please oh!

The best bet is always with 2-3 months.

VO: How long would you be staying?

You: I will be staying for 2months.

VO: Why are going to the USA?

You: to help my husband is settling down or to give my husband emotional support, after which i will return back to my work place, I’m currently on a 3months work leave break.

If he’s be there before now:

You: I will going to visit my husband, my children have missed father care, now that they’re on summer break seems to be the right time to see their daddy before their resumption.

Just make something outta the above, they’re just want comes to my ‘head’ atm, not saying you should say that same way.

Don’t forget you work is your home tie, so most of your responses should be you referencing your job.

Please, don’t fill 5 years oh. Best bet 2-3months.

Don’t forget to do mocks to ace the way you put your responses together ahead of your interview.

Good luck to you and yours.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 3:17am On Jun 24, 2022
MzWendy:
Currently filling form I-901 and in the school information part, it keeps on showing invalid school code. I have done everything possible to no avail. So, I decided to come here and seek help. Is there any other way to fill the school code?

Hi. If you haven't already resolved this problem, try this: in the third box for school code, enter the next 5 digits, instead of 4 digits. Then the fourth/last box should contain the last 3 digits of the school code.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OOOwa(m): 5:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Please I paid for visa application to reapply because I was refused F1/2 visa two weeks ago. I have not being seeing appointment dates at all. I also noticed on my dash board is showing that my passport is still with the US embassy/consulate. Is anybody in my shoe and what can I do

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 5:23am On Jun 24, 2022
My husband applied for his F2 emergency request and was denied, could it be because he didn't attach my own sevis fee payment receipt? Please what should we do now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Buchi1539: 5:58am On Jun 24, 2022
I am to attend interview on the 19th of August 2022 with school resumption date as January 17th but my passport will expire on the 11th of April 2023 although I have booked appointment for renewal. What are my chances of obtaining visa with such passport status.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abubaka101: 6:02am On Jun 24, 2022
Hi,

Could you add me to the WhatsApp groups for Abuja and Lagos interview dates? My number is +2348115718699. I just got my EA approved but the dates are still too far from my school's resumption date. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Dzennieva:

Hi Walspring, I need assistance to pay for Sevis. Please contact me via email: Jenniferajibo@gmail.com. Thank you.

Message sent and check your email please.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oluzdreamz(m): 6:42am On Jun 24, 2022
Chynwem:
My husband applied for his F2 emergency request and was denied, could it be because he didn't attach my own sevis fee payment receipt? Please what should we do now.
Lagos? Lagos has been denying EA with reckless abandon no matter what you upload.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2022
Radarada08:

Hi. If you haven't already resolved this problem, try this: in the third box for school code, enter the next 5 digits, instead of 4 digits. Then the fourth/last box should contain the last 3 digits of the school code.

Thank you very much for your response. But I can only see 3 boxes. The 1st for the 3 alphabets, the 2nd for 5 digits/alphabet while the last one is for only 3 digits

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2022
oluzdreamz:
Lagos? Lagos has been denying EA with reckless abandon no matter what you upload.
no Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2022
Buchi1539:
I am to attend interview on the 19th of August 2022 with school resumption date as January 17th but my passport will expire on the 11th of April 2023 although I have booked appointment for renewal. What are my chances of obtaining visa with such passport status.

How are you able to know resumption date for January 17th. That should be spring resumption, Fall session hasn't even begun.

Anyway, as long as your passport has six month validity you're good to go.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DanielAJ: 7:10am On Jun 24, 2022
OLUBODEmike:

It is okay. just keep checking for newer dates. I would have advised you to pick the earliest date you saw. It happened to me too, my EA was approved but the earliest date I saw was some days after resumption, I kept checking back, preferrably around evenings and I got another date few days before resumption. So keep praying and checking.

Alright so if I see a newer date what should I do, how would I reschedule that date to a new one
And can I check early in the morning around 7:30 am because I have limited time to view the page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dipdeal: 7:20am On Jun 24, 2022
I'm experiencing the same issue. Is there limit to the number of times someone can check the emergency dates available before 4days access period ends
OLUBODEmike:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cyingfreeman: 8:01am On Jun 24, 2022
AmiableAmmy:
Hi

Sorry about your loan denial.
I was in this shoes few months ago

Mpower financing declined lots of loan decisions that they had conditionally approved in the first stage of the application… I gathered that the US government had laid off loan debts incurred on students lately I think that affected their approval rates.. just my thoughts anyway.
Is your program a STEM program. It’s like they give preference to STEM students.

Start off by looking out for funding offers from other departments in your schools and search for external sources of funding too
Go through external funding resources available to international students, that would help.
Try fastweb.com

Hope this information helps.

The way I have emailed different faculty members ehh.. I feel like I have contacted the whole school.

Yeah, it's a STEM program (MPH).

So how did you go about yours?

Thanks alot for the reply

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2022
MzWendy:

Send with screenshot

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.