Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,090 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634576 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Admitwithschola: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
kastgeraldino:
You have a fair profile, but the truth is that nothing from your profile stands out. Try and ace the GRE. I don't think any recommendations, no matter how lofty, would change the outcome. It is even hard for folks with 3.3/4 undergrad GPA. Masters GPA matters a bit but they care a lot more about undergrad. You can't change those but the only thing you can change is your GRE. Alternatively, apply to lower ranked schools but believe me great GRE scores can move mountains, especially at lower ranked schools. Hope I'm not too harsh.

Good advice - generally. I second that it seems these guys favour undergrad over msc - and even some msc are just advanced undergrad in some places...I am in no way saying the OP did an advanced undergrad msc oo.

Though the point of recommendations - they actually can move mountains. Just that I'm not sure whether the poster has access to the type of people who US academics know and respect and would listen to when they say "this student is good".

So, OP, I second this advice. As I said before, retake GRE, and focus your applications on not top schools. Get strong letters from the most research active people you can find who know you and can speak highly and provide a lot of research-relevant details about you.

Please not the half or one page letters that I often see oo that says you went to so so so school, got A's, and are well behaved, noo oo please. Lol. The letter has to be detailed. This type of letter takes days to write and can only be written by people who want to help you succeed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Aloysius20:

Hello, I've been trying to send a DM to you or Walspring, but it's unsuccessful and I really don't know how to use this forum since I hardly make posts.
I need to pay my Sevis fee please, how else can I reach you?
okayy. replied your PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrsnoname: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hi everyone, does anyone knows (someone that works in transcript section) someone in UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN that can help me get my transcript ASAP, Please I need it before the end of next week cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
@Fairheart, please reply your PM.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oladmjnoni: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
I got an admission just now, Missouri university of science and technology, Cybersecurity with $12k funding. The school is asking for $250 deposit. Please house, i need an advice.Tuituon is $28k per year. COA $44k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
oladmjnoni:
I got an admission just now, Missouri university of science and technology, Cybersecurity with $12k funding. The school is asking for $250 deposit. Please house, i need an advice.Tuituon is $28k per year. COA $44k
this tuition high o

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HappyRabi: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
Malone122:
this tuition high o
. What can be a cheap tuition fee? Almost all school I see are within the range. Mine is 26600.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wonderiks: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Please let’s creat a WhatsApp group for all that are looking and waiting for a favorable AD. So once there is an update we all can have the information. My opinion
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HappyRabi: 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
wonderiks:
Please let’s creat a WhatsApp group for all that are looking and waiting for a favorable AD. So once there is an update we all can have the information. My opinion
Create one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by easycare77: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
Check your DM please

Munaxara:
Created a WhatsApp group for Illinois state university hopefuls. Send a DM, if you’re interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rhoda03: 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
Please can l contact you. I got admission in the University of New Haven.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wonderiks: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
HappyRabi:

Create one

I will tonight and I’ll share the link on here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wonderiks: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
HappyRabi:

Create one
The link for the visa AD update. It’s a WhatsApp group. Let’s meet here and share update.

https:///KbCXeLuYk4I4SOu2a0TXBe
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Echeche21: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Munaxara:
Created a WhatsApp group for Illinois state university hopefuls. Send a DM, if you’re interested

Sent you a dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 1:06am On Apr 03, 2021
I have been seeing funding everywhere lol does that mean those without funding will have difficulty getting visa?
And does it means once you have funding either full or partial it’s automatic ticket to get visa?
Just curious!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babes123: 4:16am On Apr 03, 2021
I am super grateful. Very clear and the school equally answered like you just did.
PotentialNurse:

Q1. I think you should send your Naira account statement to them, with an email explaining that you can’t get your statement in dollars and the equivalent of $1 in Naira.

Q2. If you fill their I-20’s now, I think their Living expenses will be added to your I-20 now(I’m not really sure), so I don’t think you should get it now.

Q3. You need to renew your passport now because when applying for visa, your passport must be at least 6 months to expiration. Since you’re yet to get your I-20, your interview date might likely fall in June or July which is less than 6 months to expiration.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gg4real: 7:02am On Apr 03, 2021
Good day house, If a mother wants to travel with her baby for studies, should the baby pay for F1 or B1B2 visa fee category considering getting appointment for the baby?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 03, 2021
gg4real:
Good day house, If a mother wants to travel with her baby for studies, should the baby pay for F1 or B1B2 visa fee category considering getting appointment for the baby?

I think it should be F2
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gg4real: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Thank you for your help but pls is F2 the appropriate category for accompany child?

PotentialNurse:

I think it should be F2
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damtan(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2021
Hello.
Is there anyone here that applied for Western Illinois University sponsorship ( Either TA, RA or GA) and has heard back from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2021
gg4real:
Thank you for your help but pls is F2 the appropriate category for accompany child?

Yes, F2 is the category for accompanying child or spouse of an international student(F1).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misslag(f): 10:44am On Apr 03, 2021
wonderiks:

The link for the visa AD update. It’s a WhatsApp group. Let’s meet here and share update.

https:///KbCXeLuYk4I4SOu2a0TXBe

This link is not working
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
dodoyinsolar202:
@Fairheart, please reply your PM.
Thanks.
I will today or tomorrow.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pebes: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Have you gotten admission?
damtan:
Hello.
Is there anyone here that applied for Western Illinois University sponsorship ( Either TA, RA or GA) and has heard back from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pebes: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
I noticed that MAJOR stated in the I-20 form is different from the course e.g my course is CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT and my major is CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY.
Which one will one say when asked?
NigPatriot:

What's your major? - what's your intended course of study. At this point, say all you know about your proposed course of study. If the VO feels that's not what he wants to hear, he/she will clarify. You can begin with "I am going for a PhD in Gynaecology science, in the dept of Bleep" I have been admitted for an MSc in urban studies"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prodigee: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
pebes:
I noticed that MAJOR stated in the I-20 form is different from the course e.g my course is CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT and my major is CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY.
Which one will one say when asked?
I guess you can say you will be studying CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT with a concentration in CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY.
Let others add their input too.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nicerazor:
I have been seeing funding everywhere lol does that mean those without funding will have difficulty getting visa?
And does it means once you have funding either full or partial it’s automatic ticket to get visa?
Just curious!
Please someone should answer this question. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aekayo: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hi guys,

Anybody here going to the University of Georgia?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UgwuanyiM: 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
damtan:
Hello.

I haven't heard from them too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2021
Munaxara:
icheck ur dm bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Munaxara:
Interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.