Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637451 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 2:07am On Apr 15, 2021
Okay. Thank you.
BabyI24:

Abuja. Sure will do that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ishow(m): 3:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Great interview and congratulations! I'll argue the US Economy needs people like you than you even realized. The growth of Electric Vehicle couple with the fact that every first world country is trying to reduce their carbon emission footprint makes your research area very important.

Maxidom:
My visa was approved on Tuesday in Lagos. My VO was a white guy. Please eat something before you go for your interview because you will be standing for a long while.

Profile:
Fall admission
Tulane University
Full funding
PhD Chemical Engineering

Here is my transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: Pass me your passport as it is packed for you.
Me: Ok sir
VO: So, where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going for my PhD in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Tulane University.
VO: What University again?
Me: Repeats it.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have Kids?
VO: What specialization in Chemical Engineering
ME: Renewable energy
VO: What University did you do your undergraduate studies?
Me: I told him.
VO: Why are you going for a PhD in this school?
Me: My research interest has always been in renewable energy source and storage and I was able to find great professors who are currently carrying out research in the development of new materials for Renewable energy more than other universities that I applied to and got admitted to. I was also offered a full tuition waiver and a graduate teaching assistantship role that offers a stipend that covers my living cost. The student to professor ratio is very nice for a highly ranked research University so I get to interact with my professors more and get more guidance for my research.

VO: What will you be researching on?
Me: I will be researching on new materials for batteries in Renewable Energy systems so as to be able to expand the durability and depth in discharge of renewable energy storage devices while ensuring a smooth integration of this stored renewable energy to the power grid for the use of populace.

VO: I can see that you have a full scholarship here
Me- Yes, I do.

V.O:- Okay. I will be approving your visa. I will hold on your passport and you will pick it up with this in a few days time. He hands me a white paper.
Me: Thank you.
VO: You are welcome.
Me: What am I to do with this white paper again?
VO: it is for you to pickup your passport at your pre determined location. We will send you a mail when it is ready. It should be ready in a few days time.

He didn't ask me for any documents.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omololaeni(f): 3:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Picricchem:
Hello everyone!

I need an affordable hotel that is not far from US embassy Abuja. I will also like to know if I would need to book ahead.
Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pride mark hotel Area 10. 10k

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:43am On Apr 15, 2021
ishow:
Great interview and congratulations! I'll argue the US Economy needs people like you than you even realized. The growth of Electric Vehicle couple with the fact that every first world country is trying to reduce their carbon emission footprint makes your research area very important.

Is there a reason Nigeria doesn't need electric vehicles and the expertise that comes with it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 5:55am On Apr 15, 2021
degxyflexy:
MFA (Painting), the graduate coordinator sent me the mail that I have been accepted, his word "We are still looking at our options, If funding comes through, we promise to let you know the second that situation changes." I was sent an mail to send my official transcript so that the university can send my acceptance letter. One of the current student I chat with said they normally offer tuition waiver and some funding so I hope it will come with the acceptance letter.

Alright, do the needful and get your I-20.
Make sure you follow up with your GC, you will be funded hopefully.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ishow(m): 6:26am On Apr 15, 2021
We absolutely do. Unfortunately, our current leaders doesn't see a value in it. In fact, a bill to introduce electric vehicle by 2035 was rejected by the senate solely because we an oil producing country and our economy is largely dependent on oil. https://businessday.ng/technology/article/senate-rejects-bill-to-introduce-electric-cars-in-2035/

TWoods:

Is there a reason Nigeria doesn't need electric vehicles and the expertise that comes with it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BabyI24: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2021
Visa approved for masters in computer science
School: Maharishi international university

After passing my passport and i20
VO: where have you traveled to in the last one month?
Me: last time i traveled was in 2018.(he looked at all my passport pages) he asked me to thumbprint
VO: What’s your plan?
Me: (I assumed that was the question he asked because I did not hear and He already repeated the question twice) I replied I am going to Maharishi international university to obtain a degree in computer science).
VO: I can see your uncle is no longer sponsoring
ME: yes. I think I was denied because of that. My mother is cable of sponsoring me.
VO: what does she do?
Me: I said what she does
VO: can I see her bank statement?
Me: I passed the bank statement.
VO: what will this degree do for you?
Me: the degree will enable me apply to senior software developer position here in Nigeria.
VO: what’s your qualifications?
Me: I have a national diploma, higher national diploma and a bachelors degree all in computer science
VO: where will you be staying?
Me: will be staying in the school’s hostel.
VO: how much is your mother paying?
Me: my mother will be paying 5000 then the VO completes “then the you will pay up the remaining from your internship?” I said yes.
VO: has the school told you who you be working with?
Me: No. will be working with a company approved by the university
Note: all this while he read my i20 carefully and was on his computer too
VO: everything is fine from my end
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a front end developer at......
VO: this paper will direct you on how to pick your passport. He gave me my old passport, kept the new one.
And I said thank you.

That was it.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 7:25am On Apr 15, 2021
BabyI24:
Visa approved for masters in computer science
School: Maharishi international university

After passing my passport and i20
VO: where have you traveled to in the last one month?
VO: this paper will direct you on how to pick your passport. He gave me my old passport, kept the new one.
And I said thank you.

That was it.

Congratulations, BabyI24.

I can remember your transcript being discussed sometimes last week on this thread.

It is a season of approvals. For guys going for interviews in the coming weeks, just be bold and confident. Personalize your responses and don't give generic reasons. If you are genuine, I don't see any VO denying you visa. Good luck to everyone.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear All,

I am currently not in Nigeria, so I created an account choosing Nigeria as my visa place. Now I want to change the visa Ds160 to my current place so that I can make appointment here.

Please is this possible?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2021
Good morning house,
Please Lagos applicants if you notice any available dates do not hesitate to let others know. I'm a Lagos applicant. So we can all get dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 9:07am On Apr 15, 2021
Hello house! Please I have gotten another admission in computer science Master's program in WIU and the first was Applied statistics and Decision Analysis. Please which one i s good with my psychology bsc degree because I wanted the statistics because of my love for research and for computer science I am born with it. It's a follow come from heaven, I can stay on a computer day in day out without getting tired. Please help suggest. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2021
You can initiate a new process independently without stopping him, since last year he's not been able to deliver means he may have spent the money on something else, if you have chance you go down to the University transcript office on your own. Which school could that be?
Funnyman:
Good evening guys, I am in a dire situation and I need inputs...I intend to apply for fall 2021, so I applied for my transcript sometimes in late nov 2020 through a guy who claimed he works in transcript office....I paid him and believed he would deliver but as of now he is yet to facilitate the transcript. So now I'm hoping it will be ready for spring 2022....He has been given one excuse or the other despite promising to deliver within 2 weeks before we started.

Now my question is should I just terminate the process with him and start afresh even though it's not likely
I will recover my full money from him? Or do you guys think I should give him more time?

I'm just worried it wont delay my spring 2022 plan now....I don't even know if he will ever get it done....the institution is a federal university in the south, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by websta: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
YES..... Just fill another DS application and choose your preferred location. Then go back to the CGI portal and update the new application ID.
shams040:
Dear All,

I am currently not in Nigeria, so I created an account choosing Nigeria as my visa place. Now I want to change the visa Ds160 to my current place so that I can make an appointment here.

Please is this possible?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2021
BabyI24:
Hey Fam, my visa was approved grin

this one sweet me oo.. congratulations grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fansam: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Guys please add me to any USA student visa WhatsApp group you know. My number is 08138440679

You can also reply this message with the group link.

Thanks guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2021
Maxidom:
My visa was approved on Tuesday in Lagos. My VO was a white guy. Please eat something before you go for your interview because you will be standing for a long while.

Profile:
Fall admission
Tulane University
Full funding
PhD Chemical Engineering

Here is my transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: Pass me your passport as it is packed for you.
Me: Ok sir
VO: So, where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going for my PhD in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Tulane University.
VO: What University again?
Me: Repeats it.
VO: Are you married?
VO: Do you have Kids?
VO: What specialization in Chemical Engineering
ME: Renewable energy
VO: What University did you do your undergraduate studies?
Me: I told him.
VO: Why are you going for a PhD in this school?
Me: My research interest has always been in renewable energy source and storage and I was able to find great professors who are currently carrying out research in the development of new materials for Renewable energy more than other universities that I applied to and got admitted to. I was also offered a full tuition waiver and a graduate teaching assistantship role that offers a stipend that covers my living cost. The student to professor ratio is very nice for a highly ranked research University so I get to interact with my professors more and get more guidance for my research.

VO: What will you be researching on?
Me: I will be researching on new materials for batteries in Renewable Energy systems so as to be able to expand the durability and depth in discharge of renewable energy storage devices while ensuring a smooth integration of this stored renewable energy to the power grid for the use of populace.

VO: I can see that you have a full scholarship here
Me- Yes, I do.

V.O:- Okay. I will be approving your visa. I will hold on your passport and you will pick it up with this in a few days time. He hands me a white paper.
VO: You are welcome.
Me: What am I to do with this white paper again?
VO: it is for you to pickup your passport at your pre determined location. We will send you a mail when it is ready. It should be ready in a few days time.

He didn't ask me for any documents.

congratulations, well deserved

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Romeozigs: 10:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Nicerazor:
UNH I guess?

Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2021
My dear, from what you explained here, please go for computer, besides the amount of money in tech now is is plenty. Again how did apply with a psychology degree, you wrote GRE?
Jukwasi:
Hello house! Please I have gotten another admission in computer science Master's program in WIU and the first was Applied statistics and Decision Analysis. Please which one i s good with my psychology bsc degree because I wanted the statistics because of my love for research and for computer science I am born with it. It's a follow come from heaven, I can stay on a computer day in day out without getting tired. Please help suggest. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anjyy(f): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
emmanuelle27:
My dear, from what you explained here, please go for computer, besides the amount of money in tech now is is plenty. Again how did apply with a psychology degree, you wrote GRE?

Please advise, I just got a Fully Funded US PhD scholarship Offer but I have one month to put to bed
The program is expected to start by Fall September 2021.

Please help

I don't how to go about the visa applications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
can someone with a cgpa 3.05/5.0 who is planning to evaluate with WES and also planning to sit for GRE, be fortunate to get a full funding schorlaship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anjyy(f): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
anjyy:

Please advise, I just got a Fully Funded US PhD scholarship Offer but I have one month to put to bed
The program is expected to start by Fall September 2021.

Please help

I don't how to go about the visa applications

Please seun lalastica stacyO slawomir.

Please assist
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys,

Please who here has been approved a visa even with a sibling in the US, or knows someone with a similar story.

I’d really appreciate. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
anjyy:

Please seun lalastica stacyO slawomir.

Please assist

wait a little bit till evening,you would get replies from the professionals here on the travel section. but i think you got a lot of time and also you still have to pay for sevis. just wait sha till evening time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Religious Studies Assistantships in the U.S.

See the attached word document below for the links

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anjyy(f): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
snoopylinus:

wait a little bit till evening,you would get replies from the professionals here on the travel section. but i think you got a lot of time and also you still have to pay for sevis. just wait sha till evening time

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smartapps(m): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please anyone going to Oregon state university by Fall '21 here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Oh! Thanks dear. I did not apply with GRE. It wasn't a criteria. WIU is just a lovely school. Although I had a cgpa of 3.75/4.00 more than the criterion CGPA from 2.75 upwards. My work now is to face the VO in the embassy so as to convince him/her about the change of degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Celoexpress: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hi, I sent you a mail.

Please check your email.

Jukwasi:
Oh! Thanks dear. I did not apply with GRE. It wasn't a criteria. WIU is just a lovely school. Although I had a cgpa of 3.75/4.00 more than the criterion CGPA from 2.75 upwards. My work now is to face the VO in the embassy so as to convince him/her about the change of degree.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
Congratulations. Have you applied for the graduate assistantship?
Jukwasi:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
Celoexpress:
Hi, I sent you a mail.

Please check your email.

Hi dear! Okay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyty21: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
nelmc:
Hi guys,

Please who here has been approved a visa even with a sibling in the US, or knows someone with a similar story.

I’d really appreciate. Thanks

I would also love to know this. Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
homodele:
Congratulations. Have you applied for the graduate assistantship?
Thanks. I applied and called the dept of Applied statistics and they said they have already given in march. That I should be hopeful for next semester. The computer science admission just came in yesterday. I will confirm from the department to know theirs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.